Hijacked

The Lights of the Young

It was hard for Jiae after she came back to Earth, since she had to do the funeral preparations with Jeongmin and Youngjae alone. Her aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents were all at different countries and tried to get a flight to Korea. Jongup didn't count as a proper family member since papers had to be filled for approval. Jiae still suffered from the Angelic Rim's pain but her parents' death made it worse. 

Her condition got even worse after she came back to her so-called normal life. Jiae wasn't even considered normal when she became a different being than before. Her friends mourned with her, sharing stories on how her mother was just like their mother. Her stepfather's co-workers and friends talked about how he was such a great man with a bright future and a blessed family man. Jeongmin mourned with her as well, talking about the rough and edgy stories that he and him shared. 

The Saviours told Jongup, now Daniel, that he was the long lost brother of Jiae and he started to feel awkward. 

While everyone was talking and helping Jiae, I felt useless. I can't do anything. Jiae told me that she'll be alright and it shouldn't be my problem. But it grew on me like a tree. 


The funeral ended as white rose petals danced with the wind in the bright blue skies. Jiae stared deeply at her parents' grave while placing a flower bouquet on each one. A tear fell out from her eyes. Standing up and facing me, I faced her as well.

“I'm sorry.” Is what I said to her. I had so much thoughts in my head that one cannot simply put all of his thoughts into one sentence. “Come here.” I opened my arms, telling her to come into my embrace. She did eventually as she buried her head into my chest and her eyes cried a sea on my shirt. 

“Kwangmin-ah,” She muffled through my shirt. “Do you think everything will be alright after this?”

“I'm not sure,” I answered while I her head. “Let time take over. We'll wait.” 

“Jiae,” Jongup's voice called. “Namjoo wants to talk to you for a bit.” 

Jiae sniffed. “Okay.” She left my arms and went to the other side of the land where Namjoo waited for her. 

Jongup watched her leave as he came up to me somewhat far but yet so close. “You're doing a great job taking care of her.” He said. “I can't even bring her to a park or something. I am such a bad brother.” 

“No you aren't,” I corrected him. “Ero, you just need some time to get used to her. I know you lived as an only child for your whole life but some adjustments and everything will be alright.”

“Jeongmin once kicked me out of the house.”

“Too protective I see.” 

“Yeah I know. I can already tell.” 

“I wonder what Namjoo wanted to tell Jiae about..” Ero sighed, thinking about his sister.

“Ya know, I should be calling you Daniel from now on.” I snickered evilly at him as a smack on a arm is his response. “What? It's your real name!”

“I know but don't.” 


“Jiae! You won't believe what Bomi Unnie said to me!” Namjoo said as I approached her. She sounded like a child complaining about a toy she wont get.

“What is it?” I sniffed, wiping a tear from my eye. “Ah, geez, makeup. I think it's running.”

“Ignore that!” Namjoo squeaked. “Bomi Unnie said to me that I look bad in this dress!”

I stared at her. “She wouldnt say to things to any of us. Why would she?”

“I have no clue! She was sitting beside me crying then all of the sudden after the funeral, she says I look terrible!” Namjoo scratched her head. “It's like someone had witchcraft magic and cast it on her.”

“Magic... Chanyeol.” I said as I saw Namjoo's expression changed.

“Who? The guy who's Bomi's neighbor?” She questioned with a raised eyebrow? “Don't tell me he's got magic too.”

“Daniel and Daehyun never mentioned about Chanyeol having magic, did they?”

“I think not but they said to avoid Parchaeol... What kind of name is that?” 

“Parchaeol? Chanyeol is Parchaeol!” I exclaimed. 

“Ohhhhhhhhhh.”

I sighed. “Namjoo Unnie, we have to follow Bomi Unnie home.”

She gave me a double take and looked at me with open. “What!? We can't do such a thing!”

“She hasn't give her address to her house ever since she moved. We would always ask her if we can go to her house but she refuses.” I said, fiddling with my fingers. “She wouldn't even let her relatives stay over. Bomi Unnie's acting strange lately...” 

“You make a point.” She nodded. “But she just left like thirty minutes ago. Now we have no idea where she went off too. Maybe she isn't done sorting everything?”

“She moved in last year.”

“Ohhhhhhh. Then something's up.”

“We have to find out where she lives,” I spoke immediately. “Call Bomi Unnie and tell her to 'meet' us at Cube Cafe.”

“What happens if she doesn't find us?”

“You know her; She'll just go back home if none of us are there.” 

“Plan is set.”


“Geez where are they?” Bomi asked herself as she rubbed the back of her hair. Looking at the time on the phone, she started to feel lonely. “The two said meet at Cube Cafe at 9:30pm. Did they accidentally send the text to the wrong person?”

“She's going now, hurry up,” I lightly hit Namjoo to grab her attention as I saw Bomi walk the other direction. “Hurry up! Why are you not moving?” 

“Sorry! This wig is itchy!” Namjoo, who has a blonde wig in with blue contacts. “I think my eyes are stinging.”

“Let's go,” I pulled her with me and finding the nearest bus stop post to hide from Bomi. 

We secretly followed Bomi while trying to not get caught so easily. It took almost an hour to find out where she lives (since we almost got lost twice) and three times to not get caught. As she entered the building, we stared at how luxurious the apartment building, gaping. 

“How on earth she got this apartment!?” Namjoo exclaimed as her eyes still wide. “This is one of the most expensive apartment sectors in Seoul!” 

“How surprising Chanyeol can afford this as well...” I said. “Now we know which apartment sector she lives in.” 

“But what about her apartment number!?” 

“We can find out by asking the front desk.”

“She might call to tell Bomi Unnie that she has guests.”

“Good point.” I agreed.

“Hey, since your technically not mortal, why don't you use your powers?” Namjoo nudged. “We can go to the back of the building and you can fly up or something.”

“Or we can go to the basement parking lot and I can use Himchan's powers to go through the door.” 

We quickly ran to find the door that leads to the basement parking lot. Scurrying like squirrels, we immediately found the door that leads inside the apartment. I took a breath as I grasped tightly on Namjoo's hand. 

“Here I go.” I muttured and dashed through the door as if it was air. 

“THAT WAS SO COOFFFFFF.” Namjoo cried happily but my hand clamped over . 

“Don't make too much noise!” 


“Is this the floor?”

“I hope so.” 

The 12th floor was painted in a fresh, pastel yellow as framed pictures were between each door. The carpet was in a lush lavender, abstracting the floor walls. The gold chandeliers slowly swinged side by side. 

“This floor is way more prettier than the 11th floor.” Namjoo commented. “Anywho, which room is Bomi Unnie's sector?”

“The one with the pretty pastel pink door.” I responded.

A confounding Namjoo replaced the Namjoo who commented about the 11th floor. “How do you know? We haven't even asked.”

“The door is pink throughout the purple doors here. And I see a picture of us there.” 

Namjoo wasn't quite sure if it was believable enough so we both went down the floor to the pink door. The pastel pink door was decorated with nothing but a polaroid snapshot of all of her friends, plus us, hanging on the centre of the door. 

“Don't tell me you have the ability to see what's far...”

“Nope. I just have 20/20 vision.” 

All of the sudden, a loud bang echoed the door right across of Bomi's door. It sounded like something happened inside that apartment. 

“Namjoo Unnie, I think you have to get outta here.” I warned. “You don't sport magic or anything.”

“But you said I have to come with you!”

“If I went alone, no one will know what happened to me. I asked you to come not just for company and find out where she lives, you need to go back and tell the Saviours, Kwangmin and whoever else about the whole thing.” I explained. “I'm a victim, you're a witness.”

“Ahhhhhh. Good point.”

“Namjoo Unnie,” I called before she started to leave. I handed her a lighter. “You might have to burn the wig. And you should stay here.”

She gave me shocking eyes. “Huh!?”

“Take the wig off, first?”

“Wait why?”

“Kris told me that the Saviours have some wolf blood in them... And Chanyeol's actually a Saviour. He might get your scent if your wig fell while you're trying to run.” 

She quickly pulled the wig off and took the lighter. Namjoo sighed. “Wish you luck, Hayoung.” She smiled and took a few steps back from the door.

I carefully twisted the knob and being taken by surprise that the door was open. Peeking in the night-lit apartment, all I see was a wreck. I went inside as I carefully closed the door behind me. Well, not really closed.

Rubbing my hands to create light, my palms created a ball of light as a light source. I scanned every inch of the apartment, checking out the ruckus. I took a whiff. It smelled like burnt wood combined with burning cotton. 

“It just looks like a wolf with fire powers destroyed this place.” I muttured quietly. 

“That's because the wolf is right behind you.” A raspy, husky voice breathed behind my neck. Before I even had the chance to look who was that, he took my body and plunged me against the wall. Looking up to see a pair of perfect yellow eyes, with small orange ticks around his iris.

“You're too pretty to do such a thing.” His voice haunted my mind. “I'm guessing you adore my eyes.”

“What? No!” I exclaimed. “I never seen a 'wolf' with eyes like that. Chanyeol.” I blurt his name.

“You have heard of me, hadn't you?” I felt his thumb brush my cheek. “Your prettiness makes my stomach swirl.”

“You must be drunk.” I said. “I smell alcohol on you.”

“One cannot simply survive the night without a taste of alcohol.” Chanyeol says. "I only drink once every night."

“I can't drink since I am a minor.”

“Your presence and innocence told me so.”

“What do you want?” I questioned numbly as I changed the topic. “How did you know I'm in your apartment?”

“The scent of the Angelic Rim told my senses that you are in this place.” Chanyeol growled lowly. “I suppose you know my brothers and my mother.” 

“H-How did you that!?” I gasped. “MAMA told me you have no clue about any bit!”

“Truth you speak but I read my grandfather's journal, who was the Protector of MAMA.” He answered. “If someone owns Saviour blood, they are called as a Saviour if I am not mistaken.”

“I should have known your grandfather owned a journal.” 

“..... JIAE! Are you―” Namjoo shrieked as she entered the apartment. “Oh no....”

I sighed and shook my head in dismay. “Namjoo! Why!”

“You brought a mortal with you?” Chanyeol questioned deeply. He flicked a light switch on to see more of Namjoo rather in a sea of night. “How cute.” 

I squineted at his appearance. Instead of black short hair, his is now blonde (with its roots remain black) and a bit longer than last time. He wore a loose tank with holes that look like a cat scratched him. His shorts lay hanging at his hips. 

“I thought you have black hair.” I commented on his appearance.

“I do.” He answered, running his fingers through his hair. “It changes color and length at full moon.” 

“Weird....” Namjoo spoke timidly. 

“Namjoo, you better go. Now.” I spoke, giving her a reminder. “Why do I smell fire?”

Chanyeol created a fire wave and aimed at Namjoo, but I defended her with a water shield. 

“NAMJOO! GO!” I yelled as I knew she ran off rapidly. 

“Roleplaying water isn't going to end well.” Chanyeol warned. “Have you forgotten?” A gust of wind blew behind my back and I went straight to his arms. 

“Right...” I muttured.

“Now, you are mine.” He growled heavily as I felt a swirl of hot fire go through me. I swore under my breath. “Under my control.” Were the last words he told me. 

I fell on the carpet as my head went spinning. A dark aura took over me. Now, I can't feel a thing.
 



a/n: Chanyeol why did you take over Jiae's soul??? It's sort of weird making Chanyeol an evil person =.= im sorry~ So since we're talking about Chanyeol , here is Chanyeol's Change Your Mind Teaser Photo! 
(ps: Chanyeol isnt obviously going to be blonde in CYM (Change Your Mind)) 



Thank you for reading! See ya soon!