Unusual

The Lights of the Young

The teacher in English gave the class an assignment that talks about who we are in our life and it technically describes our life, but we needed to do the assignment in English . I am not fond of doing English for a few years, but the principal of my school says I may be accepted into a college or university in the States. What on earth are the states anyway? If you think I’m stupid, I AM FROM A MAGICAL WORLD. FOREVERMORE'S HISTORY NEVER MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT SOMETHING CALLED THE STATES. Sorry for my bad behaviour. Class ended already, leaving the first day out from our butts. I opened my locker to get my bag, exchanging it with my books and my Pikachu pencil case. As I closed my locker, i turned around and saw a happy and lively Jiae walking to the school exit. “JIAE!” I called out loudly, waving my arms in the air crazily. 

She stopped her actions and turned around, wondering who called her name. I called her name again, finally getting her attention after seeing my crazy waving and smiled at me. “Kwangmin-Oppa, you could just have came to me.” Jiae smiled and walked to me. “Instead of yelling a freshman's name in the middle of a busy school hallway.” 

Luckily, the crowd and the noises came down, leaving at least fifty people left in the school. I grinned, “I had to.” I stared at my feet, then looked up to her. “Don't call me Oppa, we're friends!”

“So, what do you want me to call you?” Jiae teased, raising a brow at me. “Kwangmin-Unnie?”


[annoying author note: parallel theory- Yuri (of Variety Love) and Jiae said the exact same thing to Kwangmin {and Youngmin}]


I laughed and pushed her playfully. “Don't. Kwangmin is just fine.” I smiled. 

“Okay,” Jiae nodded, sounding satisfied with my answer. “Kwangmin it is.” We started heading to the front of the school, walking back home. I never really walked with anyone, just by myself, forever alone ;3; but since Jiae lives around my area, I had to push myself to walk with her.

“So, what are your hobbies? Jiae asked, stopping by a street vendor who was selling hotteok and receiving a half dozen while paying. “Kamsamnida~” she thanked the vendor. 

What are my hobbies? I do a lot of things. “Uh....” I started, thinking. “Three of them are dancing, rapping and playing sports.”

“First of all– three? How many do you have?” Jiae questioned, giving me a hotteok. “Second, here you look hungry and third– omo the Kingka knows how to dance and rap, huh?” 

“First of all–” I mocked her tone, and she chuckled on my mocking. “I have over ten hobbies. Second, thank you for the hotteok and third– why? You jelly that I can dance and rap?”

“Prove it. But don't dance in the middle of the sidewalk. It just makes you look like a fool.”

“Okay.” I smirked and cleared my throat. “Any songs you want me to cover?”

“That song the cheerleaders were talking about... What was the– ha! It was the Chaser by Infinite.”

“Infinite's songs are good. Let's go by that park over there, my legs are getting weary.” I huffed, pulling Jiae to the small park nearby. 

I sat on the bench and patted the empty spot, telling her to sit. She turned and saw stream of bubbles fly close to her with the wind blowing at her right. But, something wasn't right. The leaves that are starting to fall on the down stopped falling; the kids chasing each other stopped running; the melting popsicle on the little chubby boys hands froze in its dripping. Everything stopped, time has, except me. I stood up and took weary glances. “What the hell...” I muttered, clenching my fists into balls. I started to take a step, biting on my lip hard that I can feel tiny droplets of blood running down my lip like a river. A hustle came from my left, leaving me confused. Then it hit me. It was–

“GAAAK!” I groaned in pain, feeling a kick dig deep into my back and making me go on the ground. I got up in my feet and someone grabbed me up on the collar. I glared at the person hard. “C-Chanyeol..” 

“We meet again, huh?” He spat and had a evil smirk on his face. “Isn't this  a good start to your first day of your second year?” I growled at him and he pushed me with force. “Why don't we play a game?” 

He gripped hard on my left hand and swung his arm, throwing my body onto the muddy, dirty ground. I got up immediately, running towards him and flung a punch at his face. He jerked in pain, and touched his bruised cheek. He just laughed. Chanyeol fiddled his fingers while a red­orange flame sparked between his fingers. “Want to play like that? What about adding fire tagging along, hm?” The flame turned into a ball of fire emitted with a dark aura; Chanyeol’s arm threw the ball of fire toward me and I ducked, but my collar shirt showed a burnt hole on the right shoulder. Aish, I almost had gotten burned. 

“You really think you can take my powers away, huh?” I spat and made the sky filled with dark clouds. A lightning bolt-like shape intertwined in my hands and I threw it like a javelin. “Aren't you stupid enough that I can control weather as well?” It hit Chanyeol eventually, leaving him in more pain. He coughed. “So, what's your next move, huh?” I snarled, while wiping off the excess blood on my face. “Going to find your mommy?” I stuck my tongue at him.

Chanyeol's anger gotten higher. “You little bastard.” He lunged to me, pinning me on the ground and firstly throwing a punch at my face. Chanyeol threw a couple more punches, leaving me coughing out some spit and blood. He gave me an evil grin and grabbed my neck. He started to choke me. “Know what? I thought I may get your powers later, but I was mistaken. I can get it in my own hands at this second.” I spat blood at him, then I knew he punched me again. I coughed. A black aura surrounded the gripping hand on my neck. I held in the pain and tried to think of something to get out of this bull, but I have nothing. “Goodbye, Peter Pan.” 

Until something bit him on the side. He Screamed in pain and fell on his side. I got up, limping and I kicked him on the stomach. I looked at what bit him. Jjang the baby tiger; Merlin's pet. “Kwangmin!” Merlin called my name. “Come on!” 

“You know that I–” *cough* “Was like, oh I don't know–” *cough* “ABUSED!?!” I coughed out a little more blood. It was pointless for me to run and limp, but Chanyeol was still here so I did what I had to do: fly. I snapped my fingers and a yellow-white light surrounded me and my feet and myself were off the ground. I flew, grabbing Jjang and Merlin with me and taking off to the nearest place Chanyeol wouldn't find us easily. They were heavy, like a wolf with a steel stomach and a half a ton human in my hands. I gave them some ability to fly alone instead of me suffering while carrying two animals. We landed by my house in the backyard. Finally, the dark clouds have vanished and everytime has come back alive. Hooray~

“Thank god you're alive,” Merlin panted as ruffled his black hair. “If it weren't for Jjang, you would have been killed.” He picked up Jjang into his arms. “What a baby tiger.”

I sighed and nodded. The backyard door opened and it was my mom, with an apron on her and a pair of thongs in her hand. “What a good day~” She hummed happily. “Kwangmin must be coming home soon. Merlin's coming as well. We should have a happy dinner!” She sounded happy. Merlin, Jjang and I just stood here, with bland expressions and horrible thoughts flew by us. “I hope neither of them ran into Chan–”

“We did.” Merlin spoke, startling my mom. She turned and saw me, covered in dirt and mud and some blood. She gasped and dropped the thongs. Mom ran to me and came to inspect where I got hit. “Omo! What happened to you?” 

“Chanyeol happened.” I groaned and she had a very worried look on her face. “I was walking home with a girl till time stopped and POOF! Chanyeol appeared out of nowhere.” 

“Hold on,” Merlin cut me off. “You were with a girl before you got attacked?”

“Freshman. She lives nearby here.” I said, thinking about Jiae. I wonder what happened to her now after I had to leave. “She, uh, well... She didn't know about my magic powers and all but right now she probably didn't know where I took off at this minute.”

“While you were flying, I teleported her to her house wherever it is,” Merlin spoke, giving me a sigh of relief. “You gotta be thankful I helped you at least.”

“Invite her to dinner.” My mom suggested. I blinked. “Come on! It's nice to have some guests every once in a while. Besides, your friends are crazy.”

“No, Sungjong isn't that bad. Hyunseong isn't bad either.” I corrected. “Minwoo's a good kid.” 

“But we don't know where she lives, to be exact. You just said she lives nearby here.” Merlin pointed out, poking my arm. “Plus, look at you! You look like you came back from war.”

I glanced at my weary appearance. I look unpresentable. “Then you go get her. I'll heal myself, clean up and change. And better yet... Wash my uniform...” I smiled. “Mom will watch Jjang anyway.”

“Okay,” Merlin agreed, passing Jjang into my mother's arms. “Before I leave,” He said. “Kwangmin, do you remember the healing spell?”

“Which one? I know five.” 

Vanire du Erite

“That's a very old spell; what are you? Old?” Mom commented, which to me sounded like an insult/making a point. I gave a look at my mom. “Mom, he is old. Like 3000 years of living. But he retains a image of a 38 year-old man.” I corrected. “He knows a lot.” I looked at Merlin. “Her name's Jiae by the way.”

“I'll get going now,” Merlin insisted, leaving the backyard and me alone with my mom. 

“You should go use that spell to wash your wounds away, but I do not think it will get rid of that bruised cheek of yours.” My mom told, pointing to the door. “And go get yourself pampered for that girl of yours~” She teased. 

I gave my mom a look. “I only met her today!” 


~~~~~~


I knocked on my house door, waiting for Jeongmin to answer it. The door went open, “Hey, baby girl,” He smiled and took me inside. I dropped my bag in the living room and slumped on the couch. “How was your first day?” He asked me, sitting next to me on the couch.

“Pretty well,” I replied. A strange incident happened to me while I was with Kwangmin: he was about to rap for me and POOF! I'm right on my fromt door. Have I blanked out for so long? “Anyway, uh, where's Umma and Junhong?”

“They texted saying that they are currently in NYC, business trip.They'll be gone for eight days and nine nights.” He replied. “So, any request on dinner tonight? I'll be cooking.” 

“You cook too much for me,” I answered, giving a laugh. “I'll cook this time–” The doorbell rang. I stopped and went to the door. I took a peek in the peekhole and a middle-aged man was at the door. He didn't look like a or anything, so I casually opened the door.. "A-annyeong.." I stammered.  

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo,” The man greeted and bowed. I bowed back, wondering what he wants. “I am Jo Kwangmin's uncle and I would like to ask a favour– well not techinally a favour but an offer.”

Okay first of all, how the hell he knew where I live? And second, what does he want? “Ah, um, sure. What is it?”

“Would you like to spend dinner with us?”

“DINNER!? WHERE!?” Jeongmin exclaimed and rushed up to the front door. The man and I looked at him and he stopped his actions. "Mianhe... Annyeonghaseyo.” He apoligized and bowed.

"Anyhow, would you consider to spend the dinner with us?” He asked sincerly. 

I gave a look at Jeongmin for approval. Jeongmin nodded, “Yes, but can we have some fifteen minutes to get ourselves ready?” The man nodded. “I will be waiting for you at the front.” We closed the door and rushed upstairs to get ourselves ready. I took off my uniform as quickly as possible and slipped into an orange pair of shorts, a black half long-sleeved shirt and took a pair of aviators cause of the burning, bright sun. I walked out of my room casually and a pair of arms wrapped behind me. Oh Jeongmin... 

“Nice outfit.” He complimented. 

I chuckled and both of us went to the door, where Kwangmin's uncle is waiting for us. “Follow along.”


~~~~


“Yah, Jjang!” I scowled at the tiger, who was biting on my shirt. “Stop chewing on me!” I came up to my mom and poked her. “Umma, help me get Jjang off of me please!” 

She sighed and pulled Jjang into her arms; feeding Jjang a dog biscuit. I was confused on why does Jjang have to eat a doggie treat, I mean, she is a tiger, A FREAKING TIGER.  The table was adorned with plates of food, a pitcher of water and a bottle of soju– that's gotta be Merlin's drink. 

“You know,” Mom spoke up, taking a seat. “Since you're the Kingka, why don't you try to flirt with Jiae-ssi, every girl wants you remember?” 

“Oh hell no,” I snapped, taking a seat across from her. “I'm sorry but, do you know how much I hate being the Kingka? It's annoying me with 'oh may gawd! Kwangmin-oppa is so attractive! Why can't I have a boyfriend like dat!',” I mocked one of cheerleaders voice. “Or 'I should really bang him one day, he'd be amaz–' DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ANNOYANCE I RECEIVE EVERYDAY FROM THAT STUPID BULL!?” I complained. 

She just looked at me. “That you just wanna go shut them up with your magic powers?” 

“Yes!” I nodded, sighing. “But you know I can't do that! I am tempted to do that every frickin' time I hear bull.” I moved a glass with my magic toward me and poured water. I took a sigh of grief. “It's hard, okay?” I hanged my head down. 

She nodded and patted my back. RING~ RING~; the doorbell rang. “I'll get it. Be happy right now, okay?” I nodded, still with a bland expression my face and looked up. I shook my head, and thought of the happy memories that can make me feel better. I smiled after remembering one of my happy memories. I feel better~ Yay~ ^^

“Kwangmin-ah!” Jiae called my name. I looked at her, waving at her. Behind her must be her older brother, then my mom and Merlin. Jjang got off my lap and started barking at Jiae. Since when tigers bark? “Yah! Kwangmin, since when you own a pet tiger!?” She exclaimed. “You never said anything about a tiger in your house!” 

“Surprise, surprise,” I smirked; Jiae rolled her eyes and sat across from me. “You look hungry.” I stated, seeing her gaze at the food. 

“Then let's eat!” My mom exclaimed happily, passing out plates to the others and in the next five minutes, we turned into wolves: eating and ripping out the soul out of the food. I was still thinking about that encounter with Chanyeol; just thinking about it makes my bruised cheek hurt more. But it doesn't matter if I get injured right now and all. I just have to worry about Chanyeol. Why? He's close to win over me. 
 



• a/n: WOOHOOO SUMMER HAS COMEEEE [in my country]!!! ^^



Sorry for not posting for a while~ been busy lately~ but still, Chanyeol haz appeared and Kwangminnie can fight. Those two are so bad- xD well hope you enjoy your day/afternoon/night. See you soon~!

PS: Merlin isn't Kwangmin's uncle. He only said that to Jiae to make her think that's his uncle.