Almost Accident

The Lights of the Young

 

//Two days after Chapter 5// In the perks of the school grounds//

A nice, fall day in Seoul High. The smell of the fresh autumn leaves with a blend of a little cold air and that warm sense of your friends being around makes me feel like home back in Hongdae. Eating lunch with my friends and Zelo & Jongup's friends is nice, they are pretty cool once you get to know them [Zelo, Jongup, Himchan, Youngjae, Daehyun & Yongguk]. 

"Yah, Bang Yongguk give me back my rice!" Chorong exclaimed, while trying to get her lunch back from Yongguk. He stuck his tongue at her. "Give it back! You don't know how hungry I am!"

“Nope!” He rejected and took some of her rice. “Wow, your mom is a good cook! Maybe you are a good cook too!” He gave her his signature grin.

"Awww," Himchan and Eunji teased. "Bang Yongguk & Park Chorong, sitting in a tree~" 

Chorong turned red and glanced at the two people teasing. "Y-Yah! Shut your mouth, you ulzzangs!”

“Why do you call them ulzzangs?” I asked, cocking a brow. 

“It's because they're incredibly good looking.” Chorong rolled her eyes. “None of us can't beat their good looks.” 

“But you're good looking.” Yongguk winked at her, making us squeal and giggle over the two. Oh man, I can't wait for them to be a couple. They are so cute. 

“What time is it right now?” Namjoo asked, leaning against Daehyun. “I really want to go to Language Arts right now.” 

“We just started lunch about two minutes ago?” Daehyun spoke. “It's just 12:30. No big deal of some sort. We have another hour probably.”

“It's a little chilly outside,” I shivered while eating ramen for lunch. “I forgot to bring my jacket today, ugh, I am so stupid. And, I didnt bother to wear my blazer.” I sighed, being disappointed in myself. Suddenly, a jacket landed on my shoulders. I looked at the others, who gave me looks saying that it wasnt them or they didn't do anything. Then who did it? 

“Here, Jiae. You need it more than I do.” Kwangmin's voice perked my ears. He then came in close and whispered in my ear. “I bet you would look cute in that.” Kwangmin left me, blushing while the others squealed at my own eyes.

“AAIIIIYEEEEEE~ KYEOPTA!!!” Chorong pinched my cheeks. “You two are cute! Aigoooo~” 

“Shut up!” I stammered, still red. “You and Yongguk will be in a relationship first! Me and the Kingka can't be first due to his popularity, get it right!” 

“She does make a good point,” Jongup shrugged. “I mean, all the girls want that guy. But he doesn't take interest in any, even if it's the cheerleaders.” 

“But the cheerleaders are so pretty though! I don't get why he doesn't like them.” Naeun whined, confused on Kwangmin's love life. “Why are we even talking about this?”

“He doesn't go for those ulzzang looks,” Zelo replied, fiddling with his chopsticks. “He wants some cute, kind, honest, a bit silly, definitely understanding and someone who is good at keeping secrets very well.” 

“That explains why he doesn't like the cheerleaders.” I said. “Hold on, Zelo. How did you know that?” 

“Uh... One of the cheerleaders were talking about it while I passed by.” Zelo rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

“Also, no matter how much a girl in the school is the ideal type for Kwangmin, he still rejects her confession. I guess he really wanted someone who is a keeper, keeps shut about the secrets people tell her.” Bomi added, making a point. She glanced at me. “Wait a minute...”

“Huh? Why are you looking at me for?” I asked, confused and raising a brow. 

“You're Kwangmin's ideal type.” 

“WHAT!?!?!?!” 

“Hold up, hold up, HOLD UP,” Jongup said, halting Bomi's thoughts. “How is Jiae Kwangmin's ideal type?” 

“Other than all the traits listed, she is very good at keeping secrets. She knows my deepest secrets and since I know her so well, Hayoung never said anything about it.” Bomi replied. She then faced Jongup. “But... You sounded a little jealous when I said Kwangmin's ideal type is Jiae...” She narrowed her eyes at him. “Wait a minute– YOU LIKE JIAE!” Bomi said with full of seaweed rolls. Manners, please. 

“What– Pfft, no! That's a lie!” Jongup lied and blew a raspberry, denying the fact that he likes me. “We're good friends- no big deal! Geez you guys...”

“Mmmmmmmmhhhhhmmmmmmmm.” We all looked at him. 

“Come on, Jonguppie. Admit it for once?” Daehyun teased, with begging, adorable eyes.

Jongup rolled his eyes. “Fine. You all win.” He stuffed a seaweed roll in his mouth and pouted while he ate. Oh man, he's cute when he does that. Do I even have interest in him? “I like you Jiae, even though we known each other for six weeks.” Jongup's face had a streak of red. 

“Okay.” I smiled. “No need to be embarrassed. I had a couple of friends in the past who liked me. It's not awkward at all.”

“Except for that guy in camp... You were awkward.” Namjoo reminded. I gave her a look, telling her 'do you really have to remind me'. “Sorry...”

“Anyway,” I stood up from sitting on the stairs for a while, slipping on Kwangmin's varsity jacket and zipping it up. “I'll be going off campus to get some snacks at the small store across the street. I brought 5000 Won. Anyone want to come?” Jongup, Zelo and Namjoo raised their hands and stood up to come with me off campus. We started to walk, heading to the gates and kept chatting about Kwangmin's love life for no reason. I'm not even sure why talking about this, but it's so interesting. Until I ran into the cheerleaders, who were by the gate. Oh this should fun— NOT.

“Ew, it's that girl with big eyes.” The blonde sneered at Namjoo. How on earth does she have big eyes? She doesn't for goodness sake! “Hi, Alien.” 

“Says the one with the big, circle lenses that expands her eyes into saucers.” Namjoo gave a fake smile and dissed at the blonde. Me, Zelo and Jongup chuckled at the diss. “Now, will you excuse us? We're going to buy some snacks at that small store across the street.” 

“You gon' go nowhere!” The redhead blocked the gate. “I bet your shortness would pass through us.” She pointed at me. That is offensive to short people, but I'm not short.

“That's why there is something called height. And I'm taller than all of you pabo Noonas.” Zelo stuck a tongue at them. He does make a good point though. 

“Well, aren't you a big baby?” The cheerleader with brown and blue hair sarcastically spoke to Zelo. “Where's your mommy?”

"Look, enough with that stupid blabbering mouth of yours." I snapped at the cheerleaders. "What's wrong with you? We're human, not pets! You're human too, for goodness sake! If you want to be treated the good way, then treat us that way and we will return the favour. I don't get you- all of you!"

"Well, then stop hanging out with our hub aka Jo Kwangmin for all sake!" The blonde started to raise her voice while a gathering of a crowd began to circle us. Surprisingly, Kwangmin and his friends are there too. "You freshman aren't well suited for him! The queenkas aka me and the kingkas are suited for him! Now back off!" 

"Look if you hate me the fine! You cheerleader chicks are FAKE anyway," I stormed off from the group of bratty cheerleaders and walked across the street, leaving Daehyun, Jongup and Namjoo.

~~~~~~~~~~

After seeing what happened, I walked up to Daniella [the blonde cheerleader] and faced her. "What the heck did you just do now?" I shouted, angered that the fact she yelled at my friend. "What was that, huh!?" 

"Oh, Kwangmin-Oppa!" Her voice pitched high and faked cheerfulness. "It's that girl you wanted to get off from your trails, right? Well, I stopped her!" She gave me a smile that I did not appreciate. "You always wanted that right?" She batted her lashes at me. I hate you, so much. You crossed the line, . 

I raised my arm and slapped her across the face. A shock appealed on her face, her friends, my friends, Jiae's friend and the other juniors and seniors in the crowd. A gasp escaped from her lips, surprised that I would do such a thing. But she insulter Jiae and her friends. "Kwangmin, I think you crossed the line a bit too much." Minwoo spoke, trying to pull me back from the centre, but I refused to do so. 

"No, Minwoo, she crossed the line too much." I corrected him, giving a glare at her. "You little idiot, she's my friend. Don't do such a thing…" I faded my words as I looked at the street, where I heard a speeding car. I rushed up to the gates and looked at my left. Jiae was still crossing the street (there are four lanes so it does take a while to get to the other side) but a car was about to come up her trails. 

"JIAE-AH!" I yelled, seeing a rapid car coming up her trails. I'm a good distance away from her and I can't run as fast as before. It's either I run and myself and her get severely injured or…

"Kwangmin, no." Ero tugged my arm, stopping me from taking a step out of school grounds. "I know you will take risks but think about you and us. We'll be dead if Merlin finds out all of this. Not just that, what about the school if they find out about you?" 

"Ero, look, you may be one of the remaining legendary wizards but that doesn't mean I can't do things that save peoples' lives. Remember the fire, the war? I lost half of my IQ which was like 300, now 150. You saved my life. I'm sorry for your lost of your family, but you have your friends, Merlin, my mom and even me. You do so much for us. Now, I need to get my game on." I spoke, telling him I should do this instead of him. 

"Be careful out there." He patted my back. 

"You too, for the school I mean."

He just flashed a smirk on his face. 

~~~~

"LOOK OUT!" Kwangmin shouted from behind. I turned and see a fast car coming at me. I might be a goner today. But a pair of arms got me from behind and lunged me forward and all I see is yellow light with dust around me. What on earth… 

The car stopped right on time before it hit the both of us. The driver came out of the car and started bowing in front of us a million times. "I AM SO SORRY THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DRIVING AND AND I DID NOT MEAN TO DO SUCH A THING PLEASE DO NOT SUE ME I AM INNOCENT I LOST CONTROL OF THE PEDAL AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO PAY YOU BACK I WOULD EVEN GIVE UP MY WIFE IF I HAD TO!"

"Hey, hey, relax sir," Jongup's voice ringed my ears. I didn't see him due to the fact I'm lying on my stomach while Kwangmin's body hovered on top of mine. "At least none of us have gotten hurt and no much of traffic anyway- oh what the heck I see no car other than this one. What happened to your pedals anyway?" 

"Well I, uh, was driving on the school ground speed limit until BAM! I started to hear some strange noises and all of the sudden the car started to go faster! I have no clue what caused it." 

"Jiae…" Kwangmin's husky voice breathed through my ears. "Are you okay..?" His voice made my cheeks hot. 

"I think I scrapped my knee… Or something…" I answered, starting to feel drowsy. "Kwangmin… Where did the yellow… light…." My mind was spinning in circles endlessly. All I see now is darkness, pitch black in my eyes while I close my eyes. But really, where did the light came from? Or am I dreaming?

~~~~

I was breathing and panting, relieved that Jiae is safe and no one got hurt. I slowly got off Jiae and picked her up bridal-style. I looked at her. She must have passed out. "Hold on, did you say you have no idea what caused the speeding?" I recalled his question and he nodded. "I was driving normally." 

Ero gave a look, telling me it must have been Chanyeol who have done such a thing. "And you said that you can do anything for us to pay back, right?"

"Yes, yes, what may I help you for?"

"Bring us to a clinic because Jiae passed out and also," Jongup ordered, but tapped the car three times, a faint thin white light went in the car's engine. I widen my eyes at him, HE JUST SHOWED HIS POWERS TO SOME GUY THAT WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HECK.  "Your car is now working, Youngjae."

Youngjae? Who is he? "Wait- you know each other?" I asked, confused.

"Ah, took you a while to find out huh?" Youngjae rubbed his neck, embarrassed. "I thought Jiae was someone else. Miahne…" He looked at me. "Hi, I am Youngjae, Jiae's cousin and a wizard. I wasn't born a wizard, I was trained by Merlin. You're Kwangmin the Korean Peter Pan from what I've heard from Jeju Island." 

I blinked. "You're from Jeju- Oh wait. I remember, Jeju island is the recovery island for Forevermore survivors who aren't ready to go out to the world."

Youngjae nodded and opened the door for the backseat. "Kwangmin, please bring yourself and Jiae to the backseat. I will drive you to a clinic. And Jongup, please inform any family of Jiae and Merlin as well."

"Wait, before we do all of that," Jongup said, hopping to the shotgun seat while putting his seatbelt on. "What about the school? They saw the whole thing and our powers, right?"

"Oh , I forgot all about that." I stated, forgetting that I used my powers to save Jiae. "What are we going to do?"

"They do not see the powers unless if it's emergency for example almost accident with my cousin or Chanyeol." Youngjae started the car. "Plus, Forevermore citizens." Then we started to drive off to a nearby clinic. 

And that day on, I revealed my biggest secret identity to Jiae: I'm not any ordinary 18-year old kid.