Latte

The Lights of the Young

Chanyeol's POV

I kicked the first fallen leaves of autumn while walking back to my small and quaint apartment. The bruises were patched on my cheek, right leg, hipbone, biceps and down my spine; even the cuts and bites from that y tiger makes me eager to go faint in the middle of the crisp, cold night. That Kwangmin... I don't understand him. I mean, he's such a goody two-shoes but he's also a bad-. What is he? Where did he come from? [you pabo he's from Forevermore, not earth.] After fifteen minutes of walking and arriving in my apartment, I sat on the couch and thought about my encounter with Kwangmin. 

“So, what's your next move, huh?”  

“Going to find your mommy?” 


I clenched my fist, remembering Kwangmin giving me the threats. Tears started to pile up my eyes and my rage started to grow worse. I punched the coffee table, feeling the tears stream down my bruised face. Suddenly, unexpected knocks ringer my ear. “Anyone home?” A female voice muffled behind the door. 

“Come in,” I crooned, loud enough for her to hear. “Doors open.” 

The door clicked, revealing my neighbor across from me: Bomi with a coffee cup in her hand. She walked in, taking a seat beside me on the couch and places the coffee cup on the small coffee table. “Hey, Chanyeol. I brought you a latte.” She smiled and glanced at my face. Her smile faded. “My goodness, what happened to your face!?”

I sighed, but groaned in pain. “Just.. Got into a fight.” I replied. 

“Where? In a bar?”

“S..Sure...” I lied, not bothering to tell her that a 18 year-old kid beat me up.

“I'll go clean you up,” Bomi offered and went to my kitchen to get a wet cloth. “No, I can handle that myself” I rejected her offer. Bomi came back, with an ice pack and a wet cloth in her hand. “No, you are hurt and you need assistance. I'll go back to my apartment to get bandages and healing treatments. Be back in a bit." She spoke and left for five minutes. Bomi did eventually came back. Wow, she's a quick one.

"Other than your face, is there any bruises on your body?" She asked, starting to rub the ice cold cloth on my face, wiping off the dry blood. I nodded. "Okay, um, are you okay that I'll be ing your shirt?" I nodded in reply, slowing ing the shirt. She carefully glanced at my beat-up chest, and started to clean up the cuts and dried-up blood. For the next hour, Bomi has been taking care of my bruises and cuts and the minute I knew, I'm bandaged up. 

"There," She hummed, starting to button up my shirt. "All better." 

"Thanks," I said in a low voice. "You can go now." 

She planted a kiss on my forehead, and leaving me all alone in my apartment. 


Dream state:

"Chanyeol!" Mom called my name, taking my hand. "Let's go home and eat some Sweetchi leaves~" 

"But I don't want to go home, now!" I whined and pouted at her. "I still want to play~ Can't we just eat at the field?" 

"Oh Chanyeol," Mom drew me into a hug. She ruffled my hair sofly. "You really do love this field, do you?" I nodded and she went on her knees, to talk to me face to face. "Chanyeol, you know Mommy's a magician, correct?" 

"Just like Kwangminnie's mom?" 

"She is a wizard, not a magician. Your father is also a magician like me." She corrected, planting a kiss on my head. "I love you, Chanyeol. Never forget that." 

"I love you too, mommy." 

----------

"CHANYEOL!!!" Mom screamed, coughing out from the toxic fumes that were destory her air circulatory system. "GO-- SOMEWHERE SAFE!" 

"B-But, I don't want to leave you!"

"You have to! This is for your own good! I love---you-" 

"MOOOOOMMM!!!!!" I screamed, tears wetting my cheeks. "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" 

----------

"So what are you going to do now huh?' Kwangmin snarled at me. "Going to find your mommy?"



I jumped out from my sleep, breathing quickly from the dream I just had. Tears started to fill my eyes, again as I took off my shirt due to the fact I'm sweating. "I will kill you Kwangmin, I will kill you." I cursed under my breath. 

 


~ a/n: shortness of this chapter ;A; i just felt like updating right now. Well, I hope you enjoy this very short chappie! ~