Classified

The Lights of the Young


I was only a few minutes before the bell struck its sound. Eventually, as I opened the classroom door, Room 2-S, the first that I heard when I entered: “Yo teach, it's Jo Kwangmin! The Kingka is in the house!” and the next thing I heard is everyone cheering. It felt strange, whenever this happens. Like what I said before: I hate being the Kingka. 

I faked a smile and waved to everyone. I stopped in front of the teacher and bowed. “Good morning, Mr. Song. How are you?” 

Mr. Song was impressed and bowed as well. “I am well this fine morning, Kwangmin. Please, take your seat.” 

I nodded and strolled to my seat. As I took my seat, a slap went across my back. I coughed, and it was one of my friends who did that: Woohyun. 

“Man, K-Min!” He called by my nickname he had for me since we met. He stared at me and patted my back. “You are hot!” I had a weird feeling that he might be gay. But he isn't. Woohyun is Woohyun. 

“Yah, Kwangmin-ah,” Hyunseong called. He gave me a wolf whistle. “Trying to impress the cheerleaders over there?” He rubbed his chin, his gazed fixed upon the cheerleaders– with the brown or blue circle lenses that makes their eyes pop, hair nicely pinned up and hairsprayed, the mini skirts and sports bra-like tops in our school colors; KYAAAH, THIS MAKES ME SICK THAT I JUST WANNA—

“Nah, going for that charismatic look.” I said, giving a smirk. “Just felt like I wanna do something extrodinary.” I had no interest in the cheerleaders, but my friends think I do. *sigh* -___-

“Psst, Kwangmin-ah,” Sungjong poked my back. I turned and asked, “Yes, Jjong?” 

“One of the cheerleaders are looking at you. I think she has interest in you.” I turned my head and saw the cheerleader, giving a glance at me and quickly averted her eyes. “Try to flirt with her at a distance.” Sungjong suggested and pushed his glasses up. 

I blinked and when the girl gave another glance towards me, I looked at her flirtatiously and my lips. I hate doing these kind of things; it just ruins who I really am. But it's for my own good and I like acting anyway. She winked at me and came back talking to her friends. But I wish it was Jiae, it would be fun teasing her. Kekekekeke~ 

“Ohohoho, you and her may be in a relationship.” Woohyun winked at me ad patted my head. BUT I DONUT WUNT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP, is what I wanted to say. “And maybe even yet-”

“YAH HYUNG!” Sungjong slapped his head. “Don't go too far!” He sighed and facepalmed himself. “We know you lost your ity already— only one never lost it!” 

“Wait.” Hyunseong stopped Sungjong's words. “Are you telling us–”

“YOU HAD LOST IT?” Our voices raised up, not loud for any of the class to hear. 

Sungjong bit his lip and grabbed his manga and opened it, pretending that he did not hear a word we said. “Did you know that Janus wasn't a Greek God, he was a Roman—” 

“Who? Who was it you lost it too!?” Woohyun exclaimed, shaking Jjong's shoulders. Sungjong whacked his hands and smoothed his golden yellow cardigan. 

“Fine. You got me, aish?” Sungjong sighed and rolled his eyes. “Remember Song July?”

“July? As in the month?” Woohyun was confused in a million days. 

“It's pronounced Julie but its spelled July,” Sungjong corrected. “Last year, Veon's party? Yeah, we got drunk and... Yeah.” 

“I have a confession to make,” Hyunseong raised his hand. “Me, too.” Woohyun raised as well. 

“What was it?” I asked, sounding a bit bored from their talk of them being a . 

“You know how people said we lost our ity?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Apparently, we never did. Lee Jaeyoung had depression, so she asked me to go comfort her. In her house. And for Woohyun, he was just making out with one of the girls in their underwear alone. Cause you know...” Hyunseong's lips curled into a straight line. “So, technically, only YOU lost it. Sorry, dude.”

Sungjong gave a death glare at Hyunseong and started to rant him by shaking him first. “You little-”

“Okay class,” Mr.Song announced. “Since there are a few freshman have never been into our open house last year, I need a couple of volunteers to show them around.” He opened a black binder, filled with paper that had neat writing. “The names are:

“Ahn Daniel, Kim Jongin and Park-Lee Jiae.”

I widen my eyes and I had a smile on my face, hearing Jiae's name from Mr.Song. The teacher opened the door and the three freshman came from the hallway into Class 2-S. 

“Please. Introduce yourselves and don't be shy now.” 

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Ahn Daniel but you can call me Niel. I love to play soccer. Please watch me for this year~” Niel bowed to the class and we clapped for him. 

“Annyeonghaseyo... I am Kim Jongin but call me Kai. Take care of me~” Kai bowed and we did the same.

“A-Annyeonghaseyo.... My name is Park-Lee Jiae... I have a stepfather and a stepbrother. Please take care of me...” Jiae bowed shyly and we clapped for her, but I clapped the most. She sounded really shy. 

“Any volunteers?” Mr.Song asked. A number of hands raised up. “Oh my.” 

“Mr.Song” I called. 

“Yes, Kwangmin?” 

“I volunteer to show Ms. Jiae around the school.” I said proudly. I heard a lot of 'ayieeees' from the class. A tap on my shoulder came from Woohyun. He whispered, “Why would you volunteer for that.. Girl? She looks pathetic.”

“Yah, don't get too mean now,” I flicked his forehead. “I met her while I walked here. She's pretty nice.” 

“I hope your words are true. I don't trust girls like her.” 

“Looks don't count, only their personality does.” I snapped and stood out from my chair. “Mr.Song, Sungjong and Hyunseong would like to the two boys around.” 

Sungjong shrugged and hopped off the table and Hyunseong didn't care. He was very open to anyone, even freshman. Sungjong took Kai and brought him out of the class while Hyunseong took Niel and lastly, I came up to Jiae and said, “You ready for the tour?” 

Jiae was surprised by my actions, but gladly nodded and both of us went out of the classroom. 



~~~~~~






“You ready for the tour?” Kwangmin asked me sweetly. I was surprised that he, the Kingka volunteered– it was so unusual for Kingkas to volunteer for this. I smiled and nodded as we left the classroom. Sungjong-sunbaenim and Hyunseong-sunbaenim took Niel and Kai in the opposite directions while we took the north hallway. 

“So in this hall, we have the library, the music room, a drama stage and a large art room. We sorta refer it to the Fine Arts hall since you know...” Kwangmin pointed to each door that the classrooms are in. “Our library is pretty huge, we even needed ladders to reach the upper shelves.”

I nodded and gazed at the library windows, seeing students on the moving ladders and picking out a book that catches their eye. “I like books, mostly Dystopian and sometimes Fairytales.”

“Omo, you like Fairytales?” He asked, with a smile on his face. We both stopped in the middle of the hallway while I nodded. “What's your favorite?”

“I have a lot since I was little,” I looked at her shoes, swaying side by side. “Probably... Peter Pan is my best favorite.” I smiled. “I always dreamed about going to a place like Neverland, meet people in Neverland and even meet someone like Peter Pan.” I sighed. “But I was so little that day, my dad always read me Peter Pan and tells me different versions of it. And, I dream.”

He nodded and had a silence, probably thinking about something. “So, um,” He started, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “You wanna go inside the library?” I blinked. 

“I want to but, nah, later sometime.” I shook my head and smiled. “Let's go?” 

He nodded and I grabbed his hand. I felt his pulse beat a little faster. Awww, he's blushing cx, how cute. Kekekeke~ 

We toured more of the school; the gym, the science room, the computer lab– and a few classrooms which my classes will be held. I'm comfortable with Kwangmin, but I don't understand why I tend to be shy around people. Not my taste? Feeling that they have a bad attitude? But Kwangmin, I feel comfortable. Aish, am I... No no. What am I thinking lately? I might have a bad brain with stupid thoughts. What is wrong with me? -.-

“So, I guess I'll see you in the halls or the cafeteria or games?” Kwangmin asked, bringing me back to my classroom. 

“Games?”

“Ever since I'm in every team in the school, well sport teams, the coaches said I don't need to try out anymore since I am so good.” Kwangmin boasted and I punched him playfully. “Ow, what was that for?”

“See? Kingkas are like that, no matter what.” I teased. He smirked and gave a couple of knocks on the door. My teacher, Ms.Jang gladly opened the door and gestured to come in. I walked in and I turned to see my teacher and Kwangmin talking. 

“Kwangmin-ah,” I called to him.

“Ne, Jiae-ah?”

“Thanks for showing me around.”

He gave me a lively smile. “No problem, kiddo. See you later.” He winked and walked the other direction. I smiled and I came back to my desk. A tap touched my shoulder and I turned around. “OMO OMO HAYOUNG-AH!!!” Ah, Park Chorong. My childhood friend. 

“Aish, I still don't get why you call me Hayoung.” I chuckled. “And, why were you...”

“We saw the Kingka wink at youuuuuu~” Eunji squealed at my face. “Ayieeeeeee~" Jung Hyerim, Grade 3 classmate.

“Are you two friends!?” Namjoo asked. “It's strange seeing Kingkas being nice.” Kim Namjoo, my camp friend.

“Woah woah, he's only been here since last year! He's a sophomore, not a senior.” I calmed the three down. “And why do you call me Hayoung? Just asking...”

“It's because Chorong-Unnie knows a lot of Jiaes, so since your name is Jiae, she calls you Hayoung despite the fact she said its suits you.” Namjoo said, playing with her pencil. “Anyway, are you really friends with him?”

“Friends. Nothing else.” I said. 
“Pffft, surreee.” The three said sarcastically, rolling their eyes. 
“UNNIE!” I cried, face palming myself.
“Haha~ Just joking~ Kekekeke” Chorong poked my cheek. 

These guys are so weird -___- I have a difficulty understanding them sometimes. But I care for them, they care for me. Whenever I hang out with a really cute guy, they tease me non-stop, not even kidding *sighs*. It's different compared to me and to either Namjoo or Eunji or Chorong. I guess it's because I'm the youngest, probably. Maybe today might not be so bad, it should be a great start to kick-off the school year. I hope this year, will be fun. 
 


• hi! Sorry for making this a short chapter -_- I tried my best making it a good long chapter but it's hard to write a long chappie while studying. Oh well ^^ comment/subscribe pwease? Thank you and don't forget to smile! You are beautiful when you smile :D •