Telling Her + Superpower!?

The Lights of the Young

 

I wasn't sure if myself, Merlin, or any of us are ready to tell her that we are wizards. Like, she will flip out if we tell her but on the other side, she'll think we're crazy. The others were discussing about Jiae's condition or about the fact that we saved her by our powers. None of her family is here, due to the fact her parents brought her brother to Singapore for something important for him; we did inform them about the almost accident though. I was shaking, from thinking of Jiae's reaction to know who we really are: 

 

Reaction 1: “Kwangmin, since when did you become a wizard!? Same with you Youngjae-Oppa, Jongup, Himchan, Daehyun, Yongguk and Merlin!?” 

 

Reaction 2: “GET OUT OF MY LIFE!”

 

“Kwangmin-ssi, have you been thinking about Jiae's reaction about us?” Jongup cocked a brow at me, taking a sigh. “Dude, you've been thinking about that since we came in here!”

 

“Hold on for a minute,” Himchan interrupted, holding Jongup's thoughts. “Since when Merlin gave you the ability to read people's mind!? What are you!? Professor X!?”

 

“Have you been reading X-Men comics lately?” Yongguk raised a brow. 

 

“He's on the movies now.” Merlin sighed. 

 

“You have the ability to pass through walls or go through things, you ghost!” Zelo whacked his head, giving him a reminder. “Jongup hyung has telekinesis, you have the ability to go through walls, Daehyun hyung has the ability to screech with sound waves coming out of his mouth, Yongguk hyung can turn INTO A FREAKING ANIMAL OF ANY KIND , I can change the weather and I'm not sure with Kwangmin or Youngjae.” He pouted.

 

“In Youngjae's case, I'm the Korean Peter Pan.” I shot a look at him, with his hands in resignation. 

 

“Hey, they believe you may be their only hope if Merlin and us lose our powers. You can defeat Chanyeol, if the time is right...”

 

“What do you mean 'if the time is right'?” Zelo narrowed his eyes at Youngjae. 

 

“Ever since Chanyeol's parents and family died, he's been grieving about it since then. The day of the death plus all of his relatives birthdays equals Chanyeol that can break your neck and kill you; meaning he's quite powerful.” Youngjae explained. “I'm not quite sure which days that make him weak but that's all I know about his power source.” 

 

“Are you Jiae's friends?” The doctor came by from the room. We all stood up while Youngjaie raised his hand, telling him that he's her cousin. “Jiae is now in good condition, expecting with her knee scrape. But in overall, she is feeling fine. The fainting must have been from the almost car accident she experience and she almost had a possibilty to go through coma. If you are wondering, Jiae is awake.” 

 

We all thanked the doctor for his work and we entered Jiae's clinic room. She was sitting, with her right knee bandaged up while running her hair with her fingers and sighed. “Jiae-ah,” I crooned loud enough for her to hear. Jiae jumped in surprise and looked at our direction. “Hey.” She says.

 

“You okay?” Daehyun asked shyly. Jiae nodded in respone. “That's good.” 

 

“I've been thinking about where that yellow light came from.” She first began. “Kwangmin-ah, do you know where it came from?” 

 

Everyone else gave me glances, telling me 'dude, it's not our fault just tell her'. I sighed at first. “Jiae... There is something you should know, but it must be kept secretive for everyone, even your friends other than us.” She waited for my explaination. “We're not techincally from here.” 

 

“You know how Peter Pan comes from Neverland, right?” Merlin questioned, making Jiae nod in response. “Well, there's a world named Forevermore. And Forevermore is home to wizards and magical creatures of every kind. We– even Kwangmin's mother is from there.”

 

“Don't believe us?” Jongup walked up close to Jiae. “Then look.” He waved his hand, and an aura of grey-blue light surrounded his hand. Jongup flicked his hand, creating a sand sculpture of a cloud imitating a lightning cloud. Jiae's eyes widen, on what Jongup had did. “If this isn't enough, the others will show you more.”

 

“Zelo, throw that book yeah?” Himchan demanded the little one, and he obliged his orders. Taking a few swings, Zelo lunged the book directly aiming for his chest and the book went through Himchan like he was just air. Then, Zelo hopped to the curtained windows and opened the curtains. He tapped the window lightly four times and the midst, light blue sky turned into a dark, grey-cold sky with a heavy rain pouring from the dark-grey clouds. Yongguk started to flinch a bit as he started to grow smaller and his appearance is now a puppy while he jumped on the end of Jiae's bed. “That's who we really are, Hayoung.” Himchan said lowly. “Jongup can read minds, Daehyun can screech really loud with sound waves coming out from his mouth and I'm not sure with the Kingka or your cousin.” 

 

“Wait- Youngjae Oppa?” She blinked and he gave a wave. 

 

“He was the one who almost hit you.” 

 

“WHAT!?!?!” 

 

“Sorry...” 

 

“Then what do Merlin, Youngjae and Kwangmin do then?” 

 

“Merlin is a legendary and powerful wizard, and he is our tutor. We are his apprentices.” Yongguk pointed to each apprentice. “And he isn't Kwangmin's uncle.”

 

“Youngjae is just a wizard. He isn't born one, he was raised as a wizard.” Merlin commented.

 

“For me,” I started, slowly walking in around the room. “I can do anything, really. I can cast simple to the most hectic and dangerous spells in the history of Forevermore. Everyone knows who I am: the happy, cute, energetic Kwangmin while on earth I'm the charismatic, sensitive Kwangmin. I'll show you what I can do for example.” I waved my hand twice and my mother popped into the room. She didn't notice I brought her here until she noticed Jiae on a hospital bed. 

 

“Jiae? When did I–” She looked at me. I gave a geeky grin and rubbed my neck awkwardly. “I love you mommy” My mom gave me a look. “Really, Kwangmin? Really?”

 

I blinked. “Mom, Jiae already knows about it. And I had to prove my word. Jiae's already satisified about it.”

 

“Too satisfied. Especially how Yongguk is now a dog. A puppy. And how Zelo just made it rain.” Jiae's small lips formed a straight line. “What does your mom do then?” 

 

“I used to be a wizard... Or was it a magician...” She spoke.

 

“Used to be?” 

 

“A man named Chanyeol took my powers away from me, making me ineligible to do any spells.” 

 

~~~~~ 

 

“Used to be?” I raised a brow.

 

“A man named Chanyeol took my powers away from me, making me ineligible to do any spells.” She spoke. I coughed. Chanyeol? Isn't that Bomi's neighbor? How on earth is Chanyeol a wizard like them? 

 

“Chanyeol? That's Bomi's neighbor...” I spoke lowly. 

 

Kwangmin choked air after I said my word. “You have to be kidding me...” 

 

“One time Bomi went over to his place to give him a latte until she noticed all these bruises from a bar fight and scratches & bites from a vicious stray cat.” 

 

“That beat up he received was from Kwangmin and the pet tiger you saw in the house.” Merlin corrected, making me surprised. “WHAT!?!” I screamed. “The baby tiger!? What is that then!? An abnormal tiger, then!?”

 

“Actually, I have given Jjang higher stats than a normal tiger would usually have.”

 

“Okay this is crazy, no .” Jiae said, hopping off the bed. “Aiyah-” I groaned in pain, due to my scraped knee. Kwangmin came to my aid, aww he cares. "You okay?" He asked in worried eyes. I nodded. "Y-yeah…"

 

"So now what?" Daehyun leaned against a wall, glancing at me. "Since she knows… Should she know about that planet?"

 

"What planet?" Zelo and I asked at the same time.

 

"Other than Forevermore, there are these gods- well I wouldn't really call them gods but they are called the Saviours or EXO." Daehyun began, fiddling with his magic. "They're from the EXOplanet and each hold a superpower, like Time, Flight, Frost and so on. Chanyeol's blood is from there, giving him the superpower Fire which is one of the reasons our land burned down." He took a breath and continued. "It isn't that Chanyeol is actually born a Saviour, his blood is from the Saviour Guardian."

 

"Who's the Saviour Guardian?" I asked, leaning on a wall.

 

"Mama. She has eleven children, no matter if they don't look related. Chanyeol's grandfather was a Protector of Mama, he wished if his grandson would own a superpower from her and when Chanyeol's born, she granted his wish." Yongguk hopped off the bed and turning back to normal. 

 

"That explains the burns I received from him…" Kwangmin's lips formed a straight line.

 

"Chanyeol owns dark magic; Dark magic can allow people to do anything with magic. You know how the time you were with Kwangmin at the first day and then you were at your front door?" Merlin asked and I nodded firmly. "Well, he used one of the Saviours' superpower, Time. He can use their powers, except for one…"

 

"I never heard something like that before," Youngjae spoke. "What's that one power he can't control?"

 

"Heal is the only one he can't use." Jongup replied, with a faint smirk. "Lay told me he's currently in sleep and he send his superpower to someone else." 

 

"Why did you smirk…" Zelo asked as Jongup started to draw closer to me. "Jongup hyung what are you saying..?"

 

He got a hold of my chin and gazed at me. His piercing eyes became soft and his cute smile turned into a smirk. I find this.. seductive. Oh great, I realized he can ready my mind. -.-. "Jongup… What are you saying?"

 

"I'm saying that.."

 

"And?" Kwangmin sounded bored.

 

"Lay's powers are with Jiae, for now."

"SUPERPOWER!?" My eyes widen.