MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!?!

The Lights of the Young

I kept turning the staff with my weary hands as the hour passed by. Spinning while doing that just makes me want to die. “Come on, Jiae-ah,” Tao urged me. “I know you can do better than that.” This panda; he was a little shy when I first met him. No joke did the Saviours meant he's Kungfu Panda of them. Can I just throw this stick at him? “That's enough for today.” He told as I dropped the stick heavily on the floor. The mark, still deeply carved on my skin ached as I gasped lightly, trying hard not make such a deal.

“You okay?” Tao looked at me. I nodded. He squinted at the area where the mark was located. "Something painful there?"

I shook my head. "No, it's, uh, itchy." I lied. Winged it.

"Okay."

Tao went to the small table at the far left and picked up the flowers and came back where I was standing. What are you doing? He threw them up in the air and all of the sudden, it stopped in the air. Now I get it... Tao handed me a sword, the blade long as his arm. “You know the drill.” 

I nodded and did what Tao ordered to do. Geez. 

After training with Tao for almost three and a half hours, my next teacher was Kris, the last Saviour. Yixing never really had to teach me anything since I know how to use his powers in the first place. As I went up to the roof, where Kris was waiting, the first thing he asked me was, “Your hands look swollen.” 

“Well no duh,” I gave him a look, walking up to him. “Tao was strict. And I thought pandas just eat, sleep and be lazy all day. Tao isn't a normal panda.” 

“Luckily, you don't need your hands for this.” Kris gave me a smile. “Gravity and you are the basics.”

“Explaination?”

“You'll get what I mean,” Kris patted my shoulder. We walked to the edge of the roof, feeling the wind blow. “Someone's happy today.” He was talking about Sehun.

“Do any of you have a difficulty when it comes to your powers?” I asked, taking a peek down. I gulped. I swear, this must be over 500 hundred feet. 

“Baekhyun, Kai, myself, Lay and maybe D.O & Suho don't have any problems but the ones we worry about are Sehun and Chen– especially Xiumin. The others are alright.”

“Why”

“If Sehun's really happy, a lot of wind comes by– it can even turn into a mini tornado; If Jongdae's either very stressed or not in a very pleased mood, a storm can come by and won't end until he feels better and Xiumin... If he is in a mood, snow can go up to 20cm..."

"Natural disasters, much." 

"I know. It's kind of sad." 

As Kris kept talking about the intermediate of his power, the tense pain from the Angelic Rim mark makes me suffer silently. A faint, yellow glow peeked up on the sleeve of my shirt. The more Kris talked, the worse the pain grows on my arm. A minute gone and I think my arm wants to fall off. 

"Yeah, Kris, can we get going?" I rushed my words. "I really want to fly." 

He just looked at me. "Okay. Remember, take a few steps back before you-" 

"Already ahead of ya!" I said, jumping off and dove right into the air. Kris followed, with his dragon skin and wings showing up. But something felt weird right at the middle of my back. A pair of some sort peaked up my skin, then through my shirt and right when I was about to hit the ground, I flew right up. 

WAIT. FLEW????? 

I stopped after flying a 1000 feet, checking on what happened on my back. I widen my eyes as I saw a pair of wings, colored orange and yellow flapping on my back. How the heck did this happen!? 

Kris looked at me, at shock. “When did you get wings!?”

“Uh let's see...” I blinked. “Do I look like I know!?”

“Why is your arm glowing orange?” He pointed at the glowing sleeve. I didn't say any words as we had a heavy silence. “We better get back.” Kris' voice spoke firmly.

. I think I'm going to be busted for good.


“You're telling us that MAMA, who is our mother and the Saviour Guardian, gave you the Angelic Rim?” Suho stared at the covered mark, completely shocked. He took out a small blade and cut off the sleeve. His eyes widen even more, not less. “I can't believe it.” 

I shrugged as I watched Kris' movements. “Kris, you alright?” I asked, worrying. He looked uncomfortable. 

“I just don't understand why MAMA gave you the Angelic Rim.” He responded with no emotion. 

“Kris hyung, are you jealous?” Sehun asked, playing with his small tornado. 

Kris shook his head. “It is not that. I mean, isn't the Angelic Rim too powerful for a mortal human?”

“Well, now that you mentioned it...” 

“Are you going to tell us the reason?” Suho blinked at me. “It's up to you, no pressure.” 

“Well..” I began to speak. “My dad's really Park Jaeyoung—”

“WHAT!?” Suho screamed. “No way!!” 

“And Ero is my long-lost brother.” 

“At least he didn't kiss you.” Tao coughed awkwardly. 

“Tao you weren't suppose to say anything about that.” Baekhyun nudged him.

“He tried to kiss you!?” Kwangmin blurted out of nowhere that made me jumped.

“Kwangmin are you trying to give me a heart attack!?” I asked out of the blue. 

“Oooh, someone's jealous.” Jongin and Baekhyun teased. 

“Hush your mouth.” Kwangmin snapped. 

“Woah, Kwangmin, take it easy. They're your hyungs.” I tried to comfort him, by grabbing his arm and making him face him towards me. “Let's focus the fact I have the Angelic Rim and we can talk about Ero and I. Okay.” I poked his cheek. 

His face went warm after the quick second I poked him. “Fine.” He said coldly.

“Someone's not in a mood.” Suho said. “Okay. Anyone who holds the power of the Angelic Rim can either faint or have their time of death-”

“You're telling I will die?” I cut him off.

“No!” Suho responded quickly. “But, aren't you mortal though?”

“She wasn't when she had my powers.” Lay reminded.

“It's weird how you can have the Angelic Rim in a good way.” Baekhyun said. “You get to experience some sort of new feeling I you.”

“I'm feeling sore and I want to throw my arms at Tao.” I gave a drastic death glare at the panda, who looked at me. 

“Really?” He questioned.

“Hold on—” Xiumin came in to the conversation. “If you can hold the Angelic Rim and received it from MAMA alone, does that mean you become the Ace?” 

“What's the Ace?” I asked. 

“What do you mean by that?” Kwangmin asked as well. 

“The Ace is a being—no matter if they are Titan or Goblin or not— who can control all the Saviours' elements, knows how to cast the legendary spells and all sorts of powers easily if you hold the Angelic Rim.” Xiumin explained. “And what I mean by that is if Jiae can do all of what I said, she's considered as the Ace.” 

“Really!?” Jongin exclaimed and leaving us in confusion. “I thought in order to be the Ace, you have to be an Ace at everything!”

“No wonder you wanted to cook for us.” Baekhyun sighed. 

“And did all of our dirty laundry..” Chen added. 

“That explains it.” I said.

“Jiae, do something.” Luhan spoke to me as I stared at him in confusion. “Like wave your hand or something.” 

“As you say so.” I responded while waving my hand once in the air. I checked my surroundings to check if something happened. Nothing affected anything. 

“Hayoung what's that glowing thing on your arm?” Namjoo's voice spoke up. 

“Namjoo Unnie!?” I turned around and there she was, standing in her pink polka dot pajamas with her short hair a bit messy. I still remember that she knows about the secret but I'm not so sure if Daehyun and Jongup told her about EXO clan. “Uhhhhh, Kwangmin was, uhhhhh....” I looked at the others, begging for help. 

“Drawing on her arm with glow-in-the-dark paint..” He saved my sentence before Namjoo started to be more curious. “It comes in yellow, red, orange and white.” 

“Then, who are the boys around you?” Namjoo questioned, noticing the EXO clan.

“You lied!” I whispered to Suho. “You guys said any mortal excluding me wont notice!”

“Sorry! I thought we can!” He whispered back.

“Namjoo Unnie they are Kwangmin's older friends.” I replied to Namjoo and I did make a good point. “Uh, one of them named Kai is taking you to a date.” What did just came out from my mouth?

“Ya, Kai. Go now.” Chen pointed at Namjoo. 

“Excuse them— are you Namjoo?” Kris asked her. 

“Oh my gosh, how did you know me?” She questioned with her brown eyes widening.

“Do you know what you saw from Yongguk and Himchan?” He asked, his voice sounded raspy and deep as the atmosphere changed.

“Yongguk Oppa turned into a parrot while I walked to the girls' washroom..” She said sounding nervous. “How did you know Yongguk Oppa and Himchan Oppa?”

“Namjoo, that's Kris, one of the EXO clan members. ” Kwangmin spoke. “The Saviours know everything.”

“Oh I didn't notice.” Namjoo buffed. “I know everything now, just that what's on Jiae's arm?” She stared at the still glowing mark. “Jongup never talked a thing of that mark.” 

“Yeah but plot twist: Jongup's actually my brother.” I said, giving her a point.

“Actually!? That must be weird for you that he tried to kiss you.” Namjoo reminded us the moment.

“Namjoo-shi, please do not remind Kwangmin such silly things.”Kris coughed. 

“Anyway, how did I get here?” She asked. 

We all started explaining about the Saviours, then MAMA, First and Second Twilight and finally the Angelic Rim so she can have a full understanding compared to what Daehyun and Jongup told her. 

“Jiae-ah, that is a true gift you have there!” She said to me happily. “I sometimes envy you.” 

“Don't envy me at all, it's hard work.” I spoke. “Speaking, how are my parents?” I wonder how they are doing at this moment. 

“Yeah well, actually,” Namjoo took out a piece of paper out of her pocket and gave it to me. I gradually took it. It turned out to be a piece from the newspaper. I squinted at the headline:

Car Accident of Seven causes explosion on Bridge

“And...?” I asked.

“Read the obituary of the first two pictures.”

I skimmed down the inked words and my eyes grabbed the pictures that have their obituaries:

Lee Junhong and Park-Lee Yuni

My eyes widen as a tear fell out from a eye and I drastically screamed. “MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!?”


a/n: AIGOOOO~ Poor Jiae~ The only family she has left is Jongup and Jeongmin :C 
I finally updated after a few weeks on this story. School and Schedules had been affecting, but it's sometimes nice to be busy. 


ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ever since August 2013, I have been planning a upcoming fanfiction that will be release sometime in March/April 2014. The Lights of the Young (plus Variety Love [first fanfiction]) will be already completed at that time being. 

Change Your Mind is the title for the new fanfiction. The characters have been already casted and drastic planning but no sign of writing chapters or anything. There will be teaser photos at the end of each chapter after this chapter (I am not posting the teaser pictures on Variety Love due to its final chapters)


Here is the first one! [PS: I actually created teaser photos, so it's my first time trying creating these. Excuse me for my bad cutting.]




See ya soon readers! Thank you very much! C: