Brother be like, "SHE AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT!"

The Lights of the Young

Namjoo's POV

Running wasn't that easy. Especially if you're trying to go find your friend's soon-to-be-boyfriend-one-day and tell him about her being held captive by a 'wolf' Saviour. As long as I keep running, I should be away from Chanyeol for now. 

“Geez! Where does Kwangmin live for crying out loud!” I panted through my words as my legs grew weary from running. “Or Daehyun or Yongguk or Zelo!” 

“I heard my name.” A voice said.

“ACK!” I screamed and turned around. It was just Zelo, who was taking a sip from his tea. He looked awfully thirsty and chilly. “Zelo!”

“Noona, is everything okay?” He questioned as he shivered. “You look liked you went to something scarring.”

“Zelo, no need to call me Noona,” I said firstly. “I feel old whenever you call me that. Second, no I am not okay and third, why are you shivering even though you're wearing a coat?”

“First, why are you not okay and second,” Zelo began. “It's a power side effect on me. If I keep changing the weather too often, I get sick-ish.”

“Let me guess, you wanted a snow day twice and you wanted to make it rain and make all of us in Seoul burn in heat.”

“I learned my lesson and get to the point..”

“I'm not okay because Jiae's now held captive by Chanyeol.” I said, saddened. 

Zelo spat out his tea on the sidewalk. “WHAT!?”  

“Look, it was her idea to find Bomi's place. But we didn't know Chanyeol live right across from her even though we knew he lived in that apartment sector.” I started. “Bomi hasn't given us her address for a year now so we decided to look where she lives. We did eventually but some loud bang came from the door across her door. Jiae decided to check it out and it turned out Chanyeol lived there–”

“Wait– why wasn't Bomi Noona given you her address?” 

“She was suppose to go knock on her door and ask her about it until the loud bang distracted us.” I quickly answered. “Anyway, Chanyeol tried to burn me as Jiae save me with a water shield and I ran for my life- well I didn't run since I had to know what Chanyeol did to her.” 

“What happened?”

“She just fell on the ground after Chanyeol did something,” I responded. “But her hair and skin color... From brown hair to a golden blonde and her skin lighter than yours.”

“Where is Kai when you need him?” Zelo questioned and sighed. “We need to go ASAP.”



“EXCUSE ME!?!?!” Kwangmin, Jongup, Daehyun, Himchan, Yongguk, Youngjae and the rest of the Saviours yelled in my delicate ears. 

“Look it was not my fault!” I yelled back worriedly. “Ask Zelo!”

“It's true,” Zelo looked at his nails as he leaned against the wall. “Jiae's own idea.” 

“Before I go all Hulk,” Kwangmin scratched his head furiously. “Why do you look so sophisticated today?” 

Zelo wore a black trench coat that went above his knees with a lovely pair of knakis that matched his black and white sneakers. He wore a dark navy knitted scarf that hugged his neck as his hair was nicely up. He just stared at Kwangmin. 

“So fashionable yet so young,” Daehyun said. 

“Are you trying to impress the girl you like?” Jongup joked.

“I would but one cannot simply keep a sophisticated look for a long time.” Zelo answered. “My mom said I should look nice in the fall.” 

“How pretty.” Kris complimented with no feel.

“Guys!” I interrupted. “We can talk about Zelo's look later but right now it's Jiae! What on earth Chanyeol did to her?”

“If Jiae's facial appearances changed thanks to Chanyeol,” Suho replied as he looked through a big, ancient book with its pages looking old as day. “That means she's in poopaye form.” 

“Huh!?”

“Poopaye?” Kwangmin repeated. “‘Poopaye’ would be something a Minion say.”  

“No wait-” Suho skimmed and squinted at the tiny writing in the book. “I meant, she's currently in a coma but at one weird point she's 'wolf' possessed.”

“This is such a confounding piece of information you given me.” I stared blankly at him. “Wait- did you say 'wolf possessed'?”

“Yeah why?” 

“Don't you guys have wolf blood...?” 

“Some wolf blood, not quite sure why.” Tao replied. 

“If Jiae's wolf possessed, that means–” Kyungsoo spoke. 

“THEN CHANYEOL IS A F***ING SAVIOUR!!!!!!” The Saviours screamed.

“Dude. Profanity is forbidden in this room.” Himchan glared. “The cat downstairs is going to eat me next.”

“What?” Kai stared.

“I once used profanity but the cat scratched and attacked me because of cursing. I have 150 stitches because of that.” 

“Jjang?” Kwangmin raised a brow.

“No kidding.”

“Anyway, Chanyeol does have dark magic right?” I tried to get away with it as possible. “He probably might know how to manipulate wolf possession.” The others excluding myself and Jiae do not know about that Chanyeol is a Saviour as well. Hiding it might be the best option for now...

“She does make a good point.” Youngjae nodded. “Chanyeol does own dark magic.”

“Now how do we save Jiae?” Jongup asked casually. 

“You are her brother and you have nothing to do about it?” Kwangmin asked with dismay.

“Look, I have not adjusted the fact I'm her brother.” Jongup corrected. “And even though I'm one of the legendary wizards, I am the only one who doesn't know how to bring Jiae out of the spell.”

“The Saviours do know how but they are currently powerless.” Yongguk sighed. “Second Twilight is like next week.”

“!” We all hear Kris say. 

“Kris Hyung this is the second time  you said '' whenever we mention First or Second Twilight.” Kwangmin spoke to the dragon.

“I know but here's a problem,” Kris said, pointing at him. “Jiae was given the Angelic Rim, correct?”

“So...?” Kwangmin asked. 

“Whoever possesses the Angelic Rim but is under a spell from one who owns dark magic,” Kris said. “During the week of Second Twilight–”

“They forever can't get out from the spell...” I blurted with some emotion. 

“How did you know that?” Kris asked with his eyes widening.

“I have no clue...” I replied, shocked.

“At least this week ain't Second Twilight Week.” Himchan sighed in relief.

“Now what? If Jongup and the Saviours can't do anything about the spell breaking, what do the apprentices and Kwangmin have in store?” I questioned within curiosity slipping on me like a coat.

“I have no clue how to do spell-breaking.” The six spoke. 

“Merlin?” Sehun shrugged.

“I am sure he doesn't know.” Zelo dropped in. “Merlin  Hyung knows so many spells that he probably doesn't know any of spell breaking methods.”

“That makes Youngjae the only one..” I looked at him. He gave horrified eyes as we stared at him under peer pressure. “Youngjae, do you know?”

“I learned how to but it's been years since I have used a spell breaking method...” Youngjae rubbed his nape. “I'm not even sure if I can do it properly.” 

“I don't care if you forgotten,” Luhan spoke as he stood up. “Unless you learned it, we are all good.” 

“Before we do anything, Youngjae which spell breaking method you know or learned?” Daehyun asked. “There are over four point five billion methods.”

“OH MY GOODNESS THAT MANY!?” I asked in surprise.

“Ancient, Medieval, Contemporary, Legendary Modern, Present Modern, Futuristic Modern and even Bubblegum sections for the methods.” Daehyun smiled.

“Bubblegum methods better be bubblin'.” Chen joked.

“I have no idea, Daehyun.” Youngjae blinked. “I might only know one or two.”


Three days later... Four days till Second Twilight Week.


“HEY!” Kwangmin shot a lightning javelin to Chanyeol as he dodged it with a flaming shield. “Don't touch my girl!” He glared while watching Chanyeol slipping an arm around the 'girl-with-new-facial-features-and-possessed-from-a-wolf-Saviour'. 

Chanyeol just laughed. “Kwangmin-goon, too protective I see.”

The two just kept arguing and throwing flames or light at each other.

I stared at the Saviours, who was hiding behind some bushes and trees, not so pleased. “Geez you guys you all know martial arts and have incredible strength but you are not going to help an 18 year old kid who is furious at the wolf dark wizard because he's hijacked his soon-to-be girl?” 

“Namjoo, eleven cannot simply help an 18 year old kid who is furious at the wolf dark wizard because he's hijacked his soon-to-be girl.” Chen spoke. “Kwangmin can handle himself.”

“AAACKKK!” We all watched Kwangmin fly and crash into a fountain. 

I gave a look at Chen. “And you said he can handle himself. Lies.”

“Sorry.” 

I turned around and looked at Youngjae. “You only have one shot at this. Make it right.”

“S-Stop pressuring me!” Youngjae shrieked casually. “I'm not trying to make it perfect or anything!”

“Perfection makes everything worse,” I talked. “Doing it correctly makes everything simply alright.” 

“Preach.” Daehyun high-fived me.

“Tao,” Yongguk signaled him. “Cue point.”

Tao nodded as he closed his eyes. A black and blue light surrounded him as everything except the Saviours, Kwangmin, myself and the apprentices, stopped in time. Wait a minute. 

“How did Tao get his powers back?” I asked. “Isn't he suppose to get it in four days!?”

“Tao never told us how he got it back.” Zelo blinked. “He must did aegyo in front of his mom.” 

“What the hell?” Chanyeol cursed. “What is this witchcraft!?”

“You're the witchcraft!” Youngjae hopped out from the bush and shot a blue-yellow blinding ray at him and Jiae. Everything went completely white as all the others went blind from the light. 



Jiae's POV

“.....Jiae...JIAE!” 

I was roused by a voice, calling my name and I sat up on my bed. A pair of arms flung over my body as I had a flood of confounding thoughts in my mind. “What on earth is going on!?”

“You passed out.” Chen smiled as he recieve a whack on the arm. “OW!”

“Geez Chen!” Namjoo rolled her eyes and sounding disappointed. “Don't look like you're happy when someone passes out!”

Kris sighed. “Jiae you were 'wolf possessed'.”

“Excuse me!?” I exclaimed. “What on earth does that mean!?”

“You sorta turned into a 'wolf' after Chanyeol captured you,” Youngjae played with his wand. “Which explains why your hair has some blonde highlights, due to the fact the wolf possession made your facial features lighter.” 

“Kwangmin, stop hugging Jiae please.” Jeongmin ordered the child. Wait- Jeongmin!? 

Kwangmin's arms released my body as I watched Jeongmin carrying a tray of food and an ice pack. He accidentally bumped into Xiumin but when he turned what he hit, Xiumin was invisible in his eyes. He placed an ice pack on my shoulder. “You okay?” He asked soothingly. 

I nodded. “Yeah, thanks Jeongmin.” 

“I wonder what I ran into,” He rubbed his side that he accidentally hit Xiumin with. “Is there a ghost in the room or what?”

“Well we are human but you just can't see us.” Chen spoke and smiled as he obviously received a lovely whack on the head from Namjoo. “OW! STOP HITTING ME GIRL!”

“AHHH!” Jeongmin screamed and dropped the tray. “Who was that!? Jiae don't tell you can see ghosts!?” 

I faked a laugh and a smile. “Oh Jeongmin it's the neighbors... They're being weird again–” 

All of the sudden, something broke into the only window of my room. A wolf that sported yellow eyes with orange ticks around its iris and it's fur a luscious gold and gray. Since when Chanyeol knew where I live? 

Chanyeol dashed and was about to jump Jeongmin, who was freaking out crazily until Kyungsoo walked over to the wolf and stepped-FLIPPING STEPPED- on his head hard like a boulder crashing down. Chanyeol went unconscious as I watched Kyungsoo hand the wolf to Kai. Kai disappeared in a second and returned without Chanyeol in his arms.

“AAAAHHHH!” Jeongmin pointed to Kyungsoo, Kai and the Saviours, who are not apparently invisible to him. “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?” He spotted Namjoo hiding behind Kris. “NAMJOO!?”

I guess after telling a brother, who is passionate about books (especially Harry Potter), comics, movies and science, about that his sister, his 'I-don't-understand-why-is-he-related-to-us' brother and cousin  is magical; the fact Kwangmin, Merlin, Kwangmin's mom and the apprentices aren't from here; The Saviours are actually from a different planet; Namjoo knows everything and man named Chanyeol holding a heavy grudge on Kwangmin... It did turn out the way I expected it. Sort of.

“SHE AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT!” Jeongmin shrieked after being told all of these craziness.
 


A/n: Oh Chen xD (i litterally have to update my other story OTL) And to the one who gave an upvote on the story, thank you very much c: 
Anyway, here is Chen's teaser photo with an OC! (ohohohoho Chen who dat gurlll aha cx) 




Have you guys guessed which EXO member is the main character so far? Well, hwaiting if you're gonna guess! 

(not quite sure why i threw up luhan's ceci photoshoot gif for the main image.... /shrugs/)

Thank you for the support! See ya next time~!