Heads Up

The Lights of the Young

November 4rd, 2012 

It's been a while since I touched this journal. Things have been pretty hectic lately– too hectic. Finding out that the most popular boy of the school isnt from here? And he has powers? Don't get me wrong, I don't lie. It's just been crazy. I don't think writing will help myself in any condition. 

- Jiae



Shutting my journal and tossing on the other end of the bed, I slipped out of the covers and went to the living room. My parents and Jeongmin haven't returned yet, but they will be coming soon. I remember Jongup's words, telling me that I, for now own a superpower and I can heal people because a guy named Lay is in sleep and passed his powers to me for now. Did the EXO and Mama know about the whole thing already? Sometimes, I feel like I am watched. Thinking about this makes me want to fall off the couch. 

“You must be Jiae, I assume.” A voice made my ears ring, scaring the daylights out of me. I stood up, looking around who it was in my house. “I'm right beside you.” I looked at my right, a tall, lean boy was leaning against the wall, fiddling with a small chain of some sort. I scanned him, and gave a glance at him. “How did you get in here?” I asked, my voice sounded shaken. He snapped his fingers, disappearing from my sight and popped at my left.

"Teleportation." He gave me a weary smirk. "For one who owns my brother's powers, I can tell your courage is impressive. You might recognize me." 

"Brother?" I questioned, facing him while scanning him once again. "You're one of the Saviours, if I am not mistaken. But, I haven't seen you before." A Saviour, but I seen him many times? I only know five of the EXO clan so far, but it's only Lay, Xiumin, Luhan, Suho and Baekhyun. Then who is this Saviour?

"My name is Kai, the Teleportation Card or part of EXO." He introduced himself. "Kai?" I repeated his name. "Kim Jongin, if you remember." He let out a soft chuckle. "I'm Kim Jongin, but I go by Kai. I was previously in your class, but I 'moved schools.'"

"Oh you have to be kidding- you too?" I gave him a displeasing look. He just gave me a mischievous smirk. "What do you need?" I asked, letting out a small sigh. 

"Mama wanted to give you a little present," He reached for his back pocket and pulled out a dark-grey narrow box with a silver ribbon wrapped around. Kai handed it to me and I gradually took the gift. "Inside is your Card and Lay's glove which can help you use your powers easily instead of doing it bare-handed. You're one of us, for now." He was about to snap his fingers, but I stopped him.

"Hold on Kai- I mean, Kai-Oppa," I stopped him before he teleported somewhere else. "Two questions: What is my reason that Lay chose me to hold his powers for a period of time and second, Do I need to wear the glove often?"

"Lay's reason is unknown to myself and his brothers but Mama knows his reasons. And second, everyday except when you take a shower." Kai spoke, giving me a slight smile. "If anyone asks why are you wearing a glove, just say you got a bad burn and you want to hide it. I'll see you, little sister." He patted my head, snapping his fingers and disappeared out of my sight. I pulled the ribbon, and opened the box dedicatedly. A black, fingerless leather glove with a white palm and a drawing of a unicorn's head was also adorned on the palms and the back of the glove. I picked it up and slipped it on, a perfect fit. Behind the glove was the Card, sporting the same size as the box alone. A black card with a golden border, the same unicorn drawing on one side and as I flipped the card, red lines- diagonal to vertical adorned the black card. On the gold border, unidentified characters wrote in bold, small letters:

The Heal 

"The heal, huh?" I let out a slight chuckle. Slipping the card back in the box, I closed the box with its lid and went back to my room, placing it in my school bag's pocket. Hearing the doorbell rang twice, I knew my parents and Jeongmin are back. Rushing back down the stairs, I flung the door opened and gave a smile. "Hi, Mom. Hi Junhong and Jeongmin." 

"Hey baby girl," Jeongmin kissed my head as he went inside the house. "You kept this house clean." 

Haha, you know how messy I am right, Jeongmin? I thought as I greeted my parents welcome back and closed my door. I remembered two days ago that I need help cleaning my house. That was interesting.

Flashback:

“WOAH JIAE!!!” The eight boys exclaimed in fear as they entered the previous messy house. “What happened here!? Someone crashed your house!?” 

“No, it's me. I'm messy, which is ironic because I keep the rooms clean and my locker as well.”

“You need help.” Kwangmin patted my back as he stared the incredible mess I made. 

“AHHH CHECK THE KITCHEN!” Youngjae screamed in the kitchen. “YOU REALLY NEED HELP!”

End of Flashback.


"So, Jiae, how is school so far?" My mom asked, while making tea. Well, I found out the Kingka, Kwangmin's mother, my friends, your nephew and Kwangmin's 'uncle' aren't from here and they have magical powers and I have powers too is what I wanted to say. But instead, what came out of my mouth is this: 

"A boy who likes me asked me on a date." WHY. ON. EARTH. DID. I. SAY. THAT. 
"AIIGOOOOOOO~" My family squealed at my ears. "When! When!" They're so gigly. Like that drama we watch over and over and they're acting like this. 

"Tommorow night." Again, why? 

"I need to know this guy, first!" Jeongmin spoke, sounding serious. "Hey, Jeongmin," Junhong patted his back. "It's okay, she can tell us who it is when she wants to. You're sounding like a father than a son for goodness sake." 

//The next day// Lunch Time, 12:30//


“ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?” Jongup screamed in my ears, making me startled and I started bowing a million times. 

“Look I have no clue what came out of my mouth, it just happened! Since you like me and all, you're my only hope to take me on a date!” I said in one breath. “Please, Jongup~” I begged with puppy eyes. 

“Call me Oppa first, then I'll approve,” He smirked. I slapped his arm. He's just like Jeongmin. “Or I won't take you on a date~” He winked. I rolled my eyes and repeated my sentence. “Jongup-Oppa~ Please take me on a date~” 

He laughed playfully and kissed my forehead. “I approve now.” Jongup took my hand and pulled me where our friends were waiting. Chorong stood up, giving us a 'finally you two came back' look. “What took you-” She looked at our hands, which were intertwined with each other. A grin took up her face and started squealing. “AIGGOOOOOO ARE YOU TWO DATING!?” 

“WHAT!?!” Me and Jongup exclaimed, as he released my hand. “No! He just pulled me with him, geez!” I spat.

“HUH? Dating?” The others raised a brow at us and I shook my head, turning bright red. “No, ugh, Chorong Unnie!” I gave her a look."Where's Bang Yongguk?" I asked, taking peeks at all direction. "It isn't that he should be here or anything but really where is he?" 

"He's qith his giffriend, Sonm Jieun." Daehyun spoke with a mouth full of cheesecake. "And Himchan is somewhere.." He squinted his eyes at the bright horizon."I wonder what happened to Eunji, Naeun & Bomi…" 

"Since when Yongguk hyung got a girlfriend?" Zelo asked with a seaweed roll in his mouth.

"Ten days ago." 

"Guys, we'll be right back, just going to buy some seaweed rolls in the cafeteria," Namjoo stood up with Chorong and left me with the apprentices. 

"Anyway…" Zelo spoke and looked at my right hand. "Kai came by, huh?"
"Yeah.." I bluffed.
"Have you tested it out yet?" Daehyun swallow a mouthful of food. 
"No, I might mess up…"
"Youngjae or Kwangmin can help you practice controlling it." Jongup shrugged. "I can't really help, I'll rush you."
"Why not Merlin?"
"For goodness sake, he speaks the LONGEST lectures." Zelo exaggerated. "It might take you five years until you know how to control it." 
"Okay, I'll ask Kwangmin then. I heard Youngjae's pretty busy with one of the Saviours… I wonder what happened.."

A clash, clatter and smash came from a nearby window of the school. A young male freshman, who was getting beaten up by one of the football players. A surprising feeling slithered down our spines and we saw what's going on. “Baekhyun?” Jongup's eyes widen on him. 

“Baekhyun? As in the...” I spoke, with surprised eyes. “Why he would be here?” Zelo squinted. “I mean, he's never been here before..."

“Hey, HEY!” Daehyun dropped his food and went straight up the the jockey. A small crowd formed and circled around the scene. “What are you doing to him!” He sounded serious about this. Daehyun must be good friends with him. 

The jockey dropped the freshman from his actions and turned to Daehyun. His face painted an envy and angry picture that people wouldn't like to see. “He was flirting with my girlfriend!” He snapped, his voice raged. 

“Ah, Pfft!” Daehyun exaggerated while blowing a raspberry. “Well so what! Maybe that boy likes your girlfriend! I know that Park Chorong likes someone even if he's dating!”

“Wait-she NEVER EVER said anything about that!” I pointed out.

“That's a different story, you punk!” The jockey was about to throw a fist until a teacher came in the middle of the scene. “YAH! To the principal's office, now!” She yelled as the jockey rolled his eyes and followed the teacher. Daehyun pulled the dizzy Baekhyun onto his feet and guided him to us while the crowd faded. “Are you okay?” Zelo asked, seeing Baekhyun nodding his head. “Yeah, I'm alright.” He gave a small smile. At least no signs of visible bruises were shown at his complexion.

“May I ask, or is it Jiae this time?” Jongup smirked and he gradually nodded. “Tao and Kris are waiting for you at the front gate. We want to talk about some important factors.” 

“I have to say,” I took a step infront of him. “You can just have came through the gate and told us instead of being a freshman in disguise while being beaten up by some football player ripping your soul out.” I blinked.

“I have to say as well, you're pretty confident about being one of us, for a period of time.” He smiled. “You three are coming too.”

“Huh?” Zelo raised a brow. “What about Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung?” 

“They're not gonna notice if all of you were gone. Himchan can 'drop out' aka go through the grounds and find us or Yongguk can surprisingly turn into an animal and scare people.” Baekhyun spoke while we headed for the gates. 

“Tao, Kris! I haz picked up Lay's replacement!” Baekhyun spoke childishly while pulling me to the two Saviours in leather jackets. “Baekhyun, Jiae isn't Lay's replacement. She's just being a substitute for Lay.” Kris corrected. “I am Kris, the Dragon Card. My superpower is Flight. Nice to meet you, Jiae.” We exchange bows. This guy, he's nice. Must be the oldest brother.

“Kris is one of the oldest, Jiae.” Jongup responded. I looked at him. “Really? Do you have to?” He nodded with a playful smirk on his face. 

“My name is Tao, the Time Control card. My superpower is Time Control. I am happy that you are helping us out.” Tao gave a small smile and shook my hand. “I have noticed you met Kai, Merlin's two apprentices and Ero.” 

“Ero is Jongup, if I am not mistaken.” Baekhyun spoke, poking his arm. “Right?”

“Correcto mundo.” Jongup nodded.

A puff of smoke came out of nowhere and it was Kai, who teleported. “Who called my name?” He asked, with a toothbrush filled with blue toothpaste suds; Kai's hair is glistening with water droplets and only thing he wore was pants. A small towel hanged around his neck. Kai stood there, not caring what's going on while hearing ahjummas mumbling “What kind of boy would take a bath in Han River?” or “He may look young but he is cute!” Jongup threw his hands over my eyes, blocking my sight from the shirtless Kai while yelling, “Yah! If people see you like this, they'll think you shower by Han River!” He looked at Kris. “Sorry, hyung, but is he really like this?”

“Ever since we came to temporarily live here, things have been pretty messy.” Kris sighed.

“Here,” Zelo threw his sweater at Kai. “Use that for now.” Kai nodded and slipped on the sweater with zipping it to hide his bare chest. “Can you at least zip it?” He only zipped an inch. 

“Anyway, how's Lay oppa doing?” I asked softly, removing Ero's hands while walking with the boys. “Is he here as well?”

“No, only six of us are on Earth.” Kris answered. “Kai, myself, Tao, Baekhyun and Chen are here while the other five are at EXO planet, to take care of him and be with Mama. But in overall, he is doing well.” 

“So what's those important stuff Baekhyun mentioned?” Daehyun asked. “Since he did say Kris hyung and Tao hyung have some important factors to talk about..”

“Oh that is right,” Kris stopped on the middle of the sidewalk. He turned to face me and pulled out a small envelope. “Before I say anything, every 500 years, Forevermore has a celebration or the Creation Ball where everyone gathers no matter the race. Since Forevermore has burned down, we will be inviting the survivors including you to the Ball in EXOplanet. It will be in five months.” I took the small, beautifully decorated  envelope. “You are a honorary guest.”

“A-ah, thank you,” I bowed and swiftly placed it in my skirt pocket. 

“Where we're we? Oh,” Kai ruffled his wet-dry hair. “This is important but a heads up just in case. Tao, was asked by Mama to go Time Travel and check what's happening and-”

“We found out that Chen was the lead role of that upcoming school play in two weeks!” Baekhyun spoke, but it wasn't the important factor. We all gave him a look. “Sorry...”

“Saw Chanyeol burning down a building with many people inside,” Kai continued, taking a weary sigh. “We weren't sure what building, but we did see Kwangmin and Jiae coming out from the building with their clothes dirty...”

“That's a heads up for ya,” Daehyun nodded. 

“Number two, was there any signs that you used your powers but you didn't notice until something happened?” Tao gave me a quick glance and looked down. Is this guy okay?

“Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” I exaggerated. “There was this one time a kid in gym class who had hernia and a sprained ankle was sitting out. I passed by him once, just once to go to the washroom and them all of the sudden after I came back, the kid was doing backflips and jumping like crazy. We thought he was faking the whole thing but the sprained ankle was from a game and we all saw it while the hernia... A different story. He used to have really bad acne and KA-POW its all gone after I returned.”

“Okay, the acne part... I didn't know Lay can take away acne...” Zelo felt awkward after hearing my story. “That wasn't also the time it happened. One of the queenkas had a really bad burn on her hand due to Home Ec classes and when Jiae accidentally bumped into her, the burn was gone.” 

“You really need to start knowing how to control your powers.” Kai gave me a look. I looked at all of them. “What? I had fourteen sleepless nights since I found out that I have healing powers.”

“Kwangmin is the best at teaching controlling for a young one.” Baekhyun nodded. 

“What? Are you calling yourself old?” I raised a brow. “Even though I personally thought that you were born on 1997 since my friends said you look like a child and wanted to ask you to call them Noona.”

“But truthfully speaking, I'm older.”

“Anyway, you better get back to school.” Tao looked at his watch to check the time. Ironic, much. “It's almost One.” 

“And I have three tests and one quiz,” Daehyun exaggerated. “Haah, fun.” His voice sounded sarcastic. 

“I will tell Kwangmin that you'll be taught controlling in two days.” Kris informed before holding on Kai's arm. “Why two days? It's better to release some more healing juice or it's difficult to control it if you have a lot.” The others grabbed either the leg, shoulders or wrist of Kai.

“This is why I wish Kris Hyung had Teleportation instead.” Kai sighed and snapped his fingers, disappearing out of our sight.



That day later//Night comes//

Walking out from the movie theatre, I shaken my blurry mind from all of the horrific and bloody scenes in the movie we watched. I felt sick. Just seeing that tells me I may have another fourteen sleepless nights.  “Haha,” Ero smirked while wrapping an arm around me. “You're so cute when you scream.” 

I sighed and blinked a few times before I can come back alive again.“Dude, I hate horror movies plus Im scared as well.” 

“Pssh, I thought you could do better, man up will ya?” I punched his stomach. “Ow.”

“Ero- I mean Jongup,” I corrected myself while walking the streets of Han River. “Do you mind me calling you Ero if we aren't in school?” 

“It is my real name, so you should but insert Oppa at the end.” He winked. I really want to slap this guy. “You shouldn't slap my pretty face.”

“ERO! Stop doing that!” I stopped infront of him by the riverbank. 

“What you gonna do?” He stuck a tongue at me. 

“I'm going to push you in the river if I have to, that is what I am goig to do!” We fooled around for a couple minutes, like if we were brothers and sisters but also as if we were a couple. Weird, why did I think of that? Just by the minute his face was almost right in front of mine. “Woaaaah dere.” 

“Whoops, 'my bad'.” 

“Really?”

“I, um...” I can feel his breath touch my face. I wonder how will this end?