Crushing

The Lights of the Young

 

//A Week Later// In Class 1-A//

 

Although its already 10 in the morning, my class is currently on free period. Everyone is either talking, eating their lunch already, reading manga, fangirling/fanboying about dystopian novels, sleeping and/or listening to music. Bomi, one of my friends was talking about her neighbor Chanyeol who was really beaten up from a bar fight. I didn't want to bother listening to the story, but there was nothing to do but eat so I just had to listen Bomi's story. 

 

“Wait- if he was involved in a bar fight, then how did he get scratches and bites?” Namjoo asked, raising a brow and taking a sip out of her latte. “Was it a lady that fought him or someone brought a cat? Becuase you did mention he had cat-like scratches...”

 

That made Bomi think, including myself. How on earth would a lady have cat-like nails and cat-like teeth? That must be a scary sight. “Well, he told me that after the bar fight, he ran into a stray cat and it attacked him.” Bomi replied, chewing on her thumb. We gave her a weird look. “What? Sometimes stray cats can be vicious.”

 

“Okay, now let's hear Namjoo's story,” Chorong poked Bomi, facing Namjoo this time. “Namjoo, let's hear what you have to say.” 

 

“Well, I heard about a rumor and―” Namjoo began but was cut off by Eunji's squealing. I rolled my eyes while hearing Namjoo sighing. 

 

“Oh, oh! Please tell us!” Eunji grinned crazy. 

 

“She was about to tell you anyway...” I said, letting a sigh. 

 

"Anyway…" Namjoo started again where she left off. "I heard there are going to be, uh, around 5 new students- two in 3rd year, one in second and the other two in our class. They're guys and I got a picture on our new kids." 

 

"THEY GOT TO BE HOT! THEY BETTER!" Eunji screamed, loud enough for everyone to hear. The students looked at her weird, giving a different impression on her now. "Lets be honest. The guys in our class are…?"

 

"Not bad." I answered, shrugging. 

 

"Pretty nice and cool." Namjoo spoke. 

 

"I'm friends with them." Naeun smiled.

 

"Five of them are on the teams." Bomi answered, making a point. "Also, they're cute. Not hot. Cute. Catch me?" 

 

Eunji sighed while rolling her pretty eyes. "You all win. Can we at least see the picture?" 

 

"Sure, let me get my-" 

 

Namjoo was about to get her phone until the door of our classroom flew open, as if a tornado decided to greet us a hello. The teacher, Mr.Kim stood there with two students that I haven't seen in my life. One was shorter than the teacher by at least an inch while the other was standing like six feet. Did he started puberty or what? He looks like he's taller than Kwangmin. Just by a few centimetres. The one had brown hair while the other… Blue and blonde? "Students, let me introduce to you our new students. The giant beside me is Choi Junhong, but he is called by Zelo. And the other is Moon Jongup. Please take care of them well. Before I go and try to create peace to Mrs.Song and Mr.Lee helplessly arguing who is going to take care of the class pet of our vice principal, any volunteers who will show them around?' Ms. Jang told the class. 

 

"OH! OH! US! WE WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" Eunji yelled, volunteering. Bomi pulled her down from standing and whispered, "You idiot we didn't even wanted to show them around. Naeun only knows half of the school, I don't even know where the washroom is, Namjoo gets lost easily and Hayoung is the only one in our group who knows the whole school thanks to the Kingka, for goodness sake!"

 

"Then let Jiae show them around while we follow her." Eunji shrugged. She waved them to come to our spot. What did the rest of us do? Facepalm ourselves and sighed. Zelo & Jongup strolled towards us gradually. Jongup was the first one to speak, "So you girls volunteered, huh?" He smirked. Tsk, is this man a player? 

 

"Yeah," Naeun spoke, standing up. "Hi, I'm Naeun. That's Bomi-" She pointed to Bomi; her giving a wave. "Eunji was the girl who volunteered, Namjoo has her hair up and Hayoung or Jiae is the only one with the tie." 

 

"You must be my N-Noonas then…" Zelo said in embarrassement, hanging his head while smiling. 

 

"Huh?" I raised a brow at him. "How so?"

 

"You look older than me because look at me! I'm baby faced, as what Jongup hyung would say to me…"

 

"What year were you born in?" Namjoo asked. 

 

"1996."

 

"Oh so were his Noona-" Bomi said until she remembered something. "Hold on! Jiae's born in the same year as you! You don't have to call her Noona!"

 

"Okay" Zelo smiled cutely. Omo, what a cute kid.

 

~~~~~~

 

Weeks have passed by. I had less encounters with Chanyeol lately, which is a good sign, also I've been spending time with Jiae- for homework. I ended finding out that her dad died two years ago, which explains why her step brother and her aren't alike sometimes. Also, I found out Merlin had sent his apprentices to our school (I wonder why), two of them are in Jiae's class. But seriously? They can be trained and taught by him and THEY ARE WIZARDS. Why did he even had to put them in school?

 

"Psst, Kwangmin-ah,” Ero popped from a corner behind, adjusting his shirt collar. "I need to ask you a little something."

 

"Yeah, what is it, Ero?" I stopped my walking and faced him. "Merlin's not active lately?"

 

"He's been busy."

 

"Daehyun accidentally used magic in chemistry?"

 

"Surprisingly, he didn't get caught."

 

"Over ten girls tried to kiss Himchan on the first day?"

 

"Make that half of the 3rd year females."

 

"How's Zelo doing?"

 

"Pretty well.

 

"Yongguk was asked to do aegyo."

 

"Everyone was asking; even the teachers. Naeun, a girl in my class said it makes her cringe, no offence."

 

"What about you? Girls trying to what?"

 

"It isn't that," Jongup shooked his head. "But, it's different this time."

 

"And…"

 

"I think I'm crushing on Jiae, your homework buddy."
 


a/n: seeeeeeeeeee i haz told you Jonguppie aka Ero haz taken interezt in Jiae-ssi// how will Kwangmin will react to dis// well see you soon~