68

Worlds Collide

 

 

 

“Agung’s been bugging us you know.” Luhan commented as he got off the car.

Lay nodded.

“What do you mean?” Jungah looked up.

“He asked if you have any plans on telling him formally if you and Kris, are you know.”

Jungah made a face at her brother, Kris smiled behind her.

“Right! Ge!” Tao blinked.

“Ayi called me earlier.”

“My ma?” Kris asked, Tao nodded.

“She wanted me to ask you if you had any plans on bringing Jungah home. She wants a formal introduction.”

Kris shook his head.

“Why cant they just ask us right away?” Jungah murmured.

“Well, in case you haven’t noticed, you two aren’t exactly the most approachable people in this planet.”

 

Jungah stretched and stared at her laptop’s screen. She was inside her office, reviewing the files that had been sent to her. She flexed her neck, then she saw her phone’s LED indicator blinking. Jungah pursed her lips and picked it up.

3 Missed Calls from Luhan

4 Missed Calls from Lay

5 Missed Call from Kris

She blinked, then she opened a text from Kris.

Where are you?  -Kris

“Oh….” She grumbled as she stood up and grabbed her purse, then she dashed towards the elevator.

 

“She’s running a little late.” Lay said, everyone was at the Xi family house’s garden. Kris’s parents were speaking with the elder Xi, while Luhan was talking with someone. Kris nodded.

“Did she reply-”

Everyone looked up as the attention demanding black Hummer and pulled over. Kris almost sighed in relief. Lay grinned at Luhan. Jungah slipped down from the car clad in a pair of black skinny jeans and a loose Comme des Garcons top.

“Mei.” Lay greeted.

Jungah was about to smile back when something caught her eye.

Something hideous.

She turned her head and spotted a pink Volkswagen.

Cotton candy pink, no less.

Kris watched in amusement as her expression changed.

“Wha…What the… is that thing?” She blurted, Kris just smiled at her.

“Sorry, I was…I totally forgot that time had a mind of its own.” She said as she marched towards the two.

“Don’t worry, mei. You didn’t come that late.” Lay grinned at her, then he glanced at Luhan. The girl standing beside him was also looking at Jungah. Kris smiled at Jungah.

“I know what you’re thinking, Xi Feilin.”

“Hideous looking car.”

Kris chuckled.

“Go on in and freshen up.” Kris said, Jungah made a face and walked towards the house.

“How come you don’t look like a couple at all?” Lay mused.

Before Kris could reply, Lay cut him.

“Right, you two aren’t even normal to begin with.”

 

“You…are going to have a difficult time ge.” Lay mused as he walked to his cousin. Kris smiled.

“You never told her?” Kris asked.

“Never had the chance to, the project has her all holed up in her office.” Luhan frowned, then the young lady walked towards them.

“You’re sister’s really pretty.” She smiled.

Lay chuckled.

Then Kris glanced back at the house, then he excused himself.

 

“You decent?” Kris called before stepping through the doors, Jungah opened the doors for him, she was wearing a loose mini dress, she was on barefoot as she padded towards the bathroom.

“I remember asking you not to stress yourself too much.” Kris started. Jungah wiped her face before stepping back to her room again, Kris smiled.

“I know.” She replied as she took out her phone from her purse. Kris just watched her, then Jungah sighed heavily and walked to him.

“Wu Yifan.” She said in a lazy tone as she wrapped her arms around his neck, letting Kris support her weight.

“Tired Xi heiress?” He asked while rubbing her back comfortingly. She nodded, Jungah smiled as she heard Kris’s steady heart, then she looked up.

“You don’t need to head back to Jeollado tomorrow.” Kris said.

“I have to, work is work.” She shook her head.

“I mean, you don’t need to, because it’s a Sunday.”

“Oh, right.” Jungah blinked, Kris chuckled, then he felt Jungah’s lips on his cheek.

“Can I ask what was that for?” Kris asked while squeezing her waist playfully.

Jungah just smiled.

“Seriously, we cant do all this fluffy stuff, we’ll die.” Jungah grinned, Kris smiled and let her go.

“I know, let’s go down, everyone’s waiting.”

 

Luhan looked up as Kris and Jungah stepped out from the house, Jungah was murmuring while they walked, while Kris nodded with a smile on his face. Then Kris took her hand as they approached the group.

“Agung.” Jungah smiled before bowing the Wu elders politely.

“Nice to see you again, auntie and uncle.” She smiled.

“Ma, Pa, this is Jungah, Jungah-”

Kris’s father smiled and his wife stood up.

“You don’t need to introduce her, son. We know Feilin, of course.” Mrs. Wu smiled and took Jungah’s hands.

“I’m very pleased to meet you, Jungah. Thank you for coming into my son’s life.”

Jungah just smiled, then she glanced around.

“Oh, Lulu-” She paused as she noticed a girl standing beside her brother, she was wearing a lavender colored sweater, light denim skinnys and white heels, then her eyes darted towards the pink Volkswagen.

Jungah involuntarily cringed.

Mrs. Wu released her hands, Jungah looked at Kris then at Luhan.

Luhan tensed.

 

“I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++