3

Worlds Collide

 

Kris glanced at her.

“I’m getting those.” She said as she tried to get the shoes from the table but the lady pushed her back, Jungah staggered back.

“What the , lady?”

“Please calm down.”  Kris turned to her.

“Calm down? You’re kidding me right? She pushed me.”

“Ma’am it seems that we have to order another pair for you, she got those shoes-”

“She doesn’t even look like she can afford these!”

Jungah exhaled then she grabbed her wallet from her purse and threw her black platinum credit card at the lady.

“Charge it.” She snapped.

“Have it delivered to the hotel, Lotus Hall, look for Xi Luhan.”

Then Jungah stomped away.

 

Kris bent down and picked up the card from the floor, then he read the name on the card.

Xi Feilin

“I’m pressing charges, she harassed me!” The old lady beside him sneered.

“I don’t think you should be.” Kris said as he placed the card inside his coat pocket.

He read the name twice.

“Xi?”

Then took out his phone and called Luhan.

 

“She caused trouble, again?” Agung asked as Kris stepped inside the hall.

“Agung, she just arrived.” Luhan smiled, and shook his friend’s hand.

“I’m sorry I disturbed your meal, but she left this.” He took out Feilin’s credit card and handed it to Luhan.

“How did you get that, ge?” Lay looked up.

“She threw it at the other customer, she looked pretty angry.”

Yixing chuckled.

Agung shook his head.

“Luhan, call her.”

“You would not believe what happened! There was this old lady yelling her lungs out at me, she looked so old and wrinkly-” Jungah stopped in midsentence as she noticed the tall stranger before her.

“Mei, your card.” Yixing tossed it to her, Jungah caught it in her palms and looked at Kris.

“Huh, flower boy.”

“Be polite, mei.” Her grandfather reprimanded.

“What is polite, agung?” She shook her head and sat down.

“Not telling us what happened?” Luhan asked, Kris looked at Luhan’s sister and back at him.

“No plans.” She shook her head.

“Yixing, what did you order?”

“We have a guest here, mei.” Luhan nudged her.

“Mei, this is Kris Wu, they own this place, and we’re business partners. Kris this is my sister, Feilin.” Luhan said.

“Nice to meet you.” Kris shook her hand.

“Same here.”

 

“So exactly, why are we back here?” Jungah asked as she walked beside Luhan around the mall, Agung had retired early from their meal.

“I want to show you around, mei.”

“You don’t need to, Luhan.”

Kris’s brows rose as he heard her not use any honorifics, then he grew confused, was she Luhan’s jiejie or meimei?

“This place is overflowing with grumpy ahjummas.” She jutted her lips towards to a group of women walking with designer purses.

“And ladies who want to eat you.” She shuddered as she noticed a few young females eye her brother and her cousin.

“Mei, be kind.”

Kris watched as Jungah let go of Luhan’s arm and walked towards him and Lay.

“Yixing, what does he mean by kind?”

“What do you think mei?”

“Should I soften my insults or be more frank?”

Kris blinked at her.

“Do what you do best, mei.”

 

 

“I know, she isn’t like my sister at all.” Luhan mused as they made their way towards the mall’s exit doors.

“I didn’t say anything.” Kris shook his head.

“At least you two can communicate. She grew up in the US, that’s why she’s a bit….”

“Informal?” Kris looked at him.

“Right.”

“So, she’s younger than you or older?” Kris asked.

“Younger, two years.” Luhan nodded, then they saw Feilin jog towards her Bugatti, then a few seconds later, she was already speeding away and as usual bordering the speed limit.

Kris shook his head and walked towards his car.

 

He made a mental note to at least keep distance from Luhan’s trouble making sister.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++