19

Worlds Collide

 

 

 

Jungah chewed on her food slowly, she was seated beside Tao and her older brother.

“You’ll be meeting people later.” Luhan said to her, she nodded and drank her wine.

“You’re not complaining?” Luhan blinked, then she smiled.

“Complaining won’t get me anywhere in this situation, ge.”

“A smart thing to say, mei.” Luhan pinched her cheek.

 

“Good evening to you all, I would like to announce something!” The Xi elder said, guests turned to him in respect. Then he ushered Jungah forward, she had a smile on her face. People stared at her in awe, most of them didn’t even know that the elder Xi had a granddaughter and she was just like her older brother, beautiful.

“My only granddaughter has come back to us.” The elder Xi smiled proudly, Jungah just bowed politely.

“She will be working on our new project with the Wus of Lotte Corporation and Kwon Industries.”

Jungah’s brows rose up and turned to her grandfather. Then she saw Haera talking to Kris, who was shifting uncomfortably.

She shook her head.

 

“None of us knew.” Lay sighed, the party was in a full swing and he, together with Luhan, Tao and Kris were sitting on their table still.

“Why does it have to be her?” Tao frowned. Luhan just looked away and crossed his arms, not knowing what to say.

“Okay, so does someone want to explain why we have another person-“

“We didn’t’ know, mei. Agung must have forgotten to mention to us.” Lay placated her. She nodded and crossed her legs, her dressed hiking slightly. Kris noticed some of the young men among the guests who have been eyeing her. Then, slowly, one of them approached her. He smirked and looked away.

“Miss Xi?” The man walked to her. Jungah looked up and nodded.

“Jungah this is Janghun, their company-” Luhan said, but Jungah stood up and offered her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Janghun-ssi, may I ask what you want from me?”

The man blinked up at her.

“Yes..?”

“You were the one who approached me, you must want to say something right?” She asked again in her usual calm manner. Lay and Tao looked away, Kris just grinned.

“It’s…nothing, nice to meet you too.”

“People skills, Jungah.” Kris probed.

“Not in the mood, Jiaheng.”         

 

Jungah was grinning from ear to ear as they stepped out from the event, as soon as they exited the hotel a low purring of an engine was heard.

“Mei.” Luhan said warningly. Lay grinned and just ruffled her hair. Then a green Murcielago stopped in front of them, the windows rolled down and Himchan waved at her.

“See you later, Lulu!”           

 

“You’re sister’s unique oppa.” Haera said as they approached them. Kris arrived with Tao behind them, they were waiting for the valet. Luhan looked up.

“Of course, she’s our princess.” Luhan replied coolly, Lay nodded in approval, then the car appeared by the curb again.

“Mei?” Lay called as the door opened, an upbeat rhythm was playing in the car. Jungah was now in her plain black Converse sneakers.

“I had to return this.” She made a face as she took the diamonds and pearls necklace around her neck and hand it to her brother, then she eyed Haera.

“I’m glad to be working with you, Miss Xi.” Haera smiled at her.

“Do I need people skills now?” She turned to Kris.

“Up to you, Feilin.”

“Hm, don’t feel like it. See you tomorrow, dude.”

Then she turned back to the car without bothering to look back.         

 

 

“I hope you’ll be Feilin today.” Lay said as they ate breakfast together.

“She’s here.” Jungah said as she gestured towards her A-lin skirt and silk shirt get up matched with her Balmain jacket.

“Good.” Luhan grinned and kissed the crown of her head.

“You’ll do well, mei.”

“Still not telling me why Kwon Haere causes such a putridly awkward atmosphere?”

The two Xi men turned quiet.

“Okay, got it. See you later, guys.” Jungah said as she wiped her lips with a napkin and stood up.

 

Finally, Jungah left for work.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

okay so sorry i know i've been delaying my updates. i dont know if you guys noticed but there are times when i just take two days or three days break. i usually just sit or walk around for ideas :>

i hope you understand :3

 

thanks