34

Worlds Collide

 

 

 

 

 Jungah watched as Haera approached Kris.

She shook her head, she never knew people like Haera existed.

She made her way out of the room and found her secretary rushing to her.

“Miss! Director Xi!”

She blinked, then her assistant handed her iPad to her.

Jungah winced as she read the article.

Xi Feilin and Mondo’s Park Chanyeol, A ROMANTIC PAST?!

 

Kris’ eyes never left Jungah as she walked towards the exit doors, Haera was speaking to him but he couldn’t care less, then he saw a young lady approach Jungah.

He saw her back tense as Jungah read something from the device.

Kris looked at Haera.

“Haera, I’m quite busy, can we talk later?”

Then, without letting her reply, he strode towards Jungah. He already knew about the new rumor that was floating around Jungah and he had a feeling that she wont like it.

 

Before Jungah could react she felt a firm hand on her shoulder.

“What is this?” She muttered, Kris shook his head at her and steered her towards the elevator.

“Someone’s trying to get to me.” She shook her head as Kris pressed the down button.

“They’re just trying to dig out your past, to have something to talk about.” He looked at her. Jungah sighed and leaned her forehead on his shoulder. She felt frustration just overwhelm her at the moment, and she didn’t have anyone to vent it out but him.

“Don’t they have anything else to talk about?” She groaned lowly, Kris froze, but he glanced down at her and gently wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Politics?” He asked in a light tone. Jungah smiled and looked up.

“Gender equality?” She shot back, Kris just chuckled and let her go.

“I’ll drive you back to your house, Feilin.” He said as he gently pushed her towards the elevator.

 

Kris pulled over right in front of the Xi residence.

“Just stay over for lunch, Li Jiaheng, I’m sure gege would like to hear you praise me because I did well.”

Kris chuckled and killed the engine.

“How about no.”

“Don’t make me hate you, more.” She stuck her tongue out and slipped down from the car.

They walked towards the front door and was welcomed by a shocked looking Yixing.

“I thought you were busy.” He blurted as they stepped in the house.

“How nice of you to welcome me home.” Jungah shook her head and looked for brother.

“Luhan! Luhan? Lulu?” She called.

Lay winced. Kris looked at his friend questioningly.

“I saw you on the news, mei. How did they find out about you and Yeol?”

“That I don’t know about, Lay.” Jungah replied as she walked towards the living room.

“I already called the office to clarify stuff. I’ll try to call Chanyeol oppa later.” She shrugged.

“You’re not bothered?”

Kris saw his friend sitting in the living room with a glass of scotch beside him. His brows rose, Luhan wasn’t the type to drink, especially at that time of the day.

Jungah smiled and sat beside him.

“I know, I saw the article, don’t worry. I already called the office.” Jungah grinned up at him, Luhan smiled and pinched her cheek then he went back to his drink.

“Why are you drinking so early?”

Tao walked in the living room.

“Di?” Jungah glanced at him.

“Agung called, he told me there was something we had to celebrate.”  He said, Kris glanced at Jungah.

“Is this about the project?” She blinked with a smile on her face.

“Actually, mei, it’s not. Its something more…special.” Agung stepped in the room.

“What do you mean, agung?” Jungah felt her brother tense beside her.

Lay looked away.

 

“It’s for your older brother’s engagement.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++