49

Worlds Collide

 

“Does she have a death wish?” Youngjae muttered under his breath as Jungah’s car swerved dangerously near to her opponent’s.

“She’s stressed.” Yongguk stated.

“It must be about that Kwon person thing.” Junhong frowned.

 

Jungah smirked to herself as she got off her car. As usual, she won the race.

“Nice driving skills.” She mused at the male who strode to her.

“Who are you?” He snapped.

“Most definitely not a sour loser.” She shook her head.

“Mwo!? You -”

“Let’s not go there.” A deep voice joined them, Yongguk stepped in front of Jungah.

“She won, fair and square.” He stated, the man glared at Jungah and tossed the wad of cash to her.

“Hmm.” Jungah nodded as she unrolled the bills and tossed it to the crowd.

“That…was fun.” She winked before sauntering away.

 

“She’s gone out of control.” Youngjae shook his head as they watched from afar, Jungah was being pulled by Yongguk away from the crowd before her opponent from the race piss her off again.

“This wont do.” Daehyun sighed.

“But she’s doing well with her job, she’s just being Jungah..again.” He added, then Jungah jogged to him.

“Jung Daehyun!”

“You’re not like you again.” He said.

“We have a meeting Monday, I have to drive to Jeollado too.” She said.

“Have you settled things with that Haera issue yet?” He asked softly, Jungah smiled.

“Bull, Dae.” She squeezed his arm before walking away to get some drinks.

He glanced at his friends.

“We need to talk to Chanyeol.”

“No, not Chanyeol, hyung.” Zelo spoke up.

“Then who?”

“That other guy, Kris? Yeah, him.”

Yongguk smiled.

“He….Ever since he became friends with Jungie noona, she changed, she became more….I don’t know how to say this, but she improved.”

“What are you implying?” Youngjae grinned.

“We should talk to him about noona, he seems that he really cares for her.”

 

 

 

Jungah made a face as she stepped in their family home, Haera had just been released and her grandfather had called for a family lunch.

Family lunch.

FAMILY.

She almost spat and shook her head and she tossed her bag on the couch. Then she looked up, Luhan was leaning by the doorway.

“Mei, can we talk?” He asked softly.

She stared at him for a moment, the she smiled,

“No.”

“Mei-”

“Good, you’re arrived!” Agung stepped in the living room, Haera who was sitting on a wheelchair followed him, and a nurse was pushing her. Jungah just glanced at her, not feeling anything.

“Glad to see you, Jungah.” She chirped, Feilin smiled wanly.

“I’m glad to see me too. Anyway, Agung I cant stay long.”

Luhan glanced at her as Lay joined them.

“I promised Wu Yifan I would pick him up from the airport.”

“Since when did you start to be close with Kris?” Haera chirped in.

“Right.” Agung nodded.

“Well, since I found out he puts a lot of trust in people. I absolutely like people who are like that.” Jungah shrugged, then she walked towards the living room.

“Arent we eating now? I’m kind of just here for that.”

“Jungah!” Agung looked at her.

“I’m being honest here, Agung.”

 

Luhan sighed.

“I told you so ge, you’ll regret it.” Lay said as he passed beside his cousin.

Soon, they joined them at the dining table.

“So how’s the project coming along?” The elder Xi asked.

“It’s going okay, agung. We’ll be having the press release by next month.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“I think I can attend the meetings by then. I apologize for my absence.” Haera beamed at her. Jungah stared at her, her eyes narrowing slightly.

“You should be, your director Song’s always late. It’s troubling enough just to wait for him.”

Lay swallowed back his laugh as the elder Xi glared at his granddaughter.

Jungah’s at it again.

Luhan looked at his sister.

“Mei, how-”

“Anyway, agung thanks for the meal, but I need to go. I suddenly don’t feel like eating.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++