38

Worlds Collide

 

Luhan paused as he saw his sister dragging Kris towards the exit doors, even Haera who was standing walking beside him stopped and blinked.

“They’re getting along well.” Lay commented as he reached the two.

Luhan nodded, then without a single word he left.

Haera looked away and curled her fingers around the hem of her skirt. Lay glanced at the girl.

“Lay,”

“I don’t know what you’re doing, but please don’t hurt them again.”

 

Jungah smiled as she chewed on a piece of rice cake, Kris just sat down and watched her.

“Comfort food?” He queried.

“Tomorrow, we’ll be driving to Jeollado Island right?” She asked, Kris nodded.

“Daehyun’s coming and a group of his men, they want to survey the land before they proceed with the blueprints for the track.”

Kris smiled.

“You’re doing well, Xi Feilin and we’re not driving to Jeollado, we’ll be taking a yacht towards there.”

“I have to do well, you know.” She replied, then she blinked as she saw some females eye Kris.

She chuckled to herself.

Kris glanced at her and noticed that some of the sauce was on the side of her lip, his brows furrowed and he picked up a tissue, then he leaned forward and wiped her lip. As soon as he did it, he blinked.

What am I doing?

He glanced at Jungah worriedly, she just grinned at him.

“Thanks, Wu Yifan, it would be public humiliation if I walk around like that.”

Kris exhaled mentally.

 

Jungah sat down and joined her siblings for dinner.

“Mei?”

“Hm?”

“What was that earlier? You were being friendly with Haera.”

She smiled.

“Would you rather I’d be mean to her?”

“Mei,”

“Tell me honestly, ge, will you really marry her?”

“If Agung-”

“I defied Agung, and nothing happened to the company. Tell me what you really think.”

“Just let this go mei, I have to do what I have to do.” Luhan looked at her. Lay glanced at his younger cousin.

“Will you be happy with her?”

“Yes.”

Jungah nodded.

“Noted.”

Lie better, Luhan.

 

“Ge, I think mei has-”

“Yixing, not you too.”

“Look at it this way, she’s starting to call you gege, she’s worried for you.” Lay explained, the two were in the library.

“I know she is, but if I don’t do this,”

“No, ge listen to me, you marrying Haera is a disaster, even Jungah can feel it.”

“She doesn’t know anything, Jungah’s just being Jungah.”

 

 

“How’s your plan going?” Daehyun asked as Jungah joined him in the car.

“Try smiling to a piece of trash, tell me if it’s easy.”

Daehyun chuckled as he stepped on the gas.

“To Jeollado we go, then.”

“Seriously, Dae, I love you too much that I don’t even want you to see that girl.”

“Jungah, stop it. We’re doing business here.”

“ty business.”

“I give up having a decent conversation with you.”

Jungah just smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++