23

Worlds Collide

 

 

Kris blinked as he eyed the tall guy.

“Park Chanyeol!” Jungah hissed. But Chanyeol just squished her more.

Kris looked away awkwardly. Jungah sighed and pried his arms off.

“What help, oppa?”

And again, Kris found it odd when she said the word “oppa”.

“My parents set me on a blind date again.” Chanyeol sighed. Jungah groaned.

“I’m in a meeting, oppa.” She replied.

Chanyeol blinked at Kris, Kris blinked back.

“Oppa this is Kris, Kris this is Park Chanyeol.”

Kris stood up and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you.” Kris nodded.

“Can I borrow Jungah from you for a while? Just for a short while?”

Kris looked taken aback.

“She’s-”

“Ya, let’s talk, come with me.” Jungah dragged him out of the office.

Kris watched as Jungah closed the doors behind them.

“She’s close with her ex-boyfriend.” Kris mused to himself and yet he found it odd and a little concerning.

 

“You just have to deal with it.” Jungah crossed her arms. Chanyeol made a face.

“I saw her picture.” He reasoned.

“Then?”

“She looks….you know.” He pouted.

“You judgmental idiot.” She snapped, Chanyeol just smiled at her and opened his arms to her.

“Just give me the time and the place, I have this dinner event later.” She replied. Chanyeol smiled and pinched both of her cheeks.

“You’re the best, Jungie!”

“Get lost, Park.”

 

Kris looked up as Jungah slipped back in the room.

“It’s almost two.” Kris said to her, Jungah nodded and sat down.

“How’s work for you?”

“You talk!” Feilin grinned at him, Kris rolled his eyes at her.

“Your agung asked me to watch over you while doing this project.” He reasoned.

“I feel so bad for you.” Jungah chuckled and sat down, then her secretary walked in the office.

“Miss Kwon has arrived, she is waiting at the meeting room, director.”

“Okay, we’ll be there.”

 

Jungah squared her shoulders as she faced the board of directors of both Lotte Corporation and Xi Empire.

Kris eyed her worriedly. They didn’t know that the BOD would be present, apparently Haera contacted them and asked if they could hear Jungah’s new plan for the project.

“We heard about your new proposal on the project, Miss Xi.”

“Yes, you’re right. I have an ongoing proposal, but you have to forgive me. It was such a short notice, I didn’t know everyone would be coming here so,” Jungah’s eyes trailed on Haera who was looking at Kris.

“I can’t present anything, I can only talk about my plans. Will that be okay?” She asked politely, the group of elders just nodded. Jungah smiled, the same smile that her older brother has, it has the power to charm people.

“First the hotel and mall would be connected, instead of the proposed stable, I think having a sports stadium and a race track would be a better option.”

There was a low murmur from the crowd.

“I know it may sound impractical, but people, our market, is looking for a new concept. How many stables do we have in Seoul alone? In my point of view, if we build a stable, it may become a sunk cost. We can’t get it back.”

“You’re idea is fresh, but about the race track, we need professionals in order to build one. We have to bring in a foreign-” One man stood up.

“You don’t’ have to bother about it, Direcot Jeon. I know a company who specializes building tracks.” She nodded assuringly. Kris looked at her and hid his smile.

Jungah was doing well. Too well.

Haera’s fists curled on her lap.

“I don’t know if you have heard of them, but Jung Construction they can do it for us.”

“Do you know someone?” The man asked again.

“Yes, I’m good friends with the director, Jung Daehyun.”

“Well, director Xi, we must admit your idea is quite new and refreshing, the board will have to consider it.” The nearest director stood up and shook her hand, soon everyone was clapping.

 

“And, we’re glad to have you with us, Miss Xi.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++