41

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah’s eyes twitched as the waitress served their meal, she was wearing a too low V-neck top and jeans. It was like she was purposely bending down as she served their meal.

Across her, Kris was looking away, slightly disturbed, while Lay was checking his phone.

“Will there be anything else?” She asked while looking at the two men.

“Can I order a shirt for you?” Jungah muttered, Kris shook his head and dismissed the other girl.

“So, how’s the Jeollado project going?” Lay asked.

“Daehyun’s been going back and forth, I think its going to be exciting.” Jungah nodded.

“Mei, the hotel and the mall?”

“About that, basically, it’s doing fine. Ask Li Jiaheng for further inquiries.” She nodded solemnly.

“We have the publicity thing schedule next week, Feilin.” Kris replied.

“I know, Haera reminded me earlier.”

Lay balked and stared at her.

“So, you’re finally accepting Luhan’s decision?” He asked hesitantly.

Jungah swallowed, mindful to not glance at Kris as she replied.

“Yes, there’s nothing I can do about that, right?”

 

The three stepped out of the restaurant, then Jungah noticed a small Japanese stationary shop selling different cutesy things right across the street.

“We need to go there!” She tugged on Lay’s sleeve.

“You know, Luhan ge’s not here to-”

Jungah began to cross the street, the two men sighed and followed her.

As soon as they reached the sidewalk, Jungah paused.

“Oppa?”

Chanyeol had just slipped out from his car.

“Jungie.” He jogged towards her and pinched her cheeks.

“What brings you here?” She asked as Chanyeol wrapped one arm around her neck and they walked towards the shop.

“I needed caffeine, what brings you in a stationary shop?” He chuckled.

 

Kris’s brows met as soon as he saw Chanyeol walk up to her. Lay gave him a brief glance and smiled.

“I understand why people talk about her, Jungah being a flirt or being too…..loose.” Lay mused as they followed the two. Kris didn’t say anything.

“She’s not bothered by skinship with other people, as long as she trusts them.”

Kris nodded, then he looked up and saw the two talking inside the shop.

“You have a thing for hugging guys, don’t you?”

“Only towards guys I trust.”

“Still, I don’t think it’s healthy.” Kris replied.

“Of course it isn’t.” Lay said dryly.

 

Jungah groaned as she read the text.

“What is it?” Chanyeol peeked from behind her shoulder.

She tossed the cow plushie back on the shelf.

“Piece of Trash asked me if I could come with her to choose dresses.” She muttered, Chanyeol smiled.

“Two roles, one reckless little girl.”

“So helpful, babe.”

“Right at ya.” Chanyeol grinned and picked up the plushie again.

“I’ll buy, come on, choose more, Jungie.” He said as he went around the shop again.

“No unicorns today?” A deep voice came from behind her, Jungah smiled and shook her head at Kris.

“Just cows.” She replied and started to walk around.

“Yixing left, the office called. I’ll drive you back-”

“He what?!” Jungah froze.

Kris blinked back at her.

“But I need to get to---but…ni…wei—ugh.” She sighed.

Before Kris could ask her what she was mumbling about, Chanyeol came back.

“So, you done?” He asked as he poked her side. Kris looked away.

“Seriously, oppa. Come here.” She dragged him away from Kris.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol murmured.

“Yixing left me with Kris, and now I have to go help Haera choose her dress with Kris.”

“Oh, spell awkward.” Chanyeol grinned as he handed his credit card to the cashier.

“I hate you.”

“Love you too.”

 

“Really, you don’t have to accompany me.” Jungah winced as Kris and her stepped in the mall, some of the employees recognized him and they bowed. Jungah sighed and kept up with his pace.

“Aren’t you going to shopping?” Kris asked her as he gestured for her to get on the escalator.

“Well, not exactly, but, I was planning to…look around.” She murmured.

“You’re stuttering, so unlike you.”

“Don’t start with me, Li Jiaheng.”

“Got that, mei.”

Jungah just sighed in defeat. Then she froze as she saw Haera waving at her with Luhan beside her.

“Finally, I need someone to help me choose the dress.” Haera smiled at her.

Jungah stole a glance at Kris’s direction.

 

Wee, shopping with the infamous love triangle.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++