26

Worlds Collide

 

Lay strolled in the Baskin and Robbins shop with Kris.

“Where’s your tail?” Jungah asked.

“Tail?” Lay blinked, Jungah smirked at Kris.

“You were being rude.” Kris chided, Jungah just shrugged. Luhan shook his head and continued eating.

“Come on mei, eat up.”

Jungah made a face and began eating.

“It’s a Sunday tomorrow, you want to have barbeque at home?” Luhan turned to his sister.

“With who?”

“Your friends, ever since you got home, we never really celebrated.”

Jungah grinned.

“Sounds good, Luhan.”

Lay smiled then he glanced at Kris who was studying Jungah.

“Ya, Jungah might melt.” He grinned.

Kris blinked and looked at Lay.

“I wasn’t-”

“He was just judging me, Yixing. Don’t bother.”

 

 

It was around three in the afternoon when Jungah finally left her room. She was wearing a gray tank top and denim hot shorts.

“Luhan?” She called as she stepped down the stairs. She found Tao in the living room, chatting with Lay.

“Luhan ge’s outside with Kris. Your friends are here too.”

She nodded and slapped Tao’s shoulder before going out.

 

 

“I think everything will go well from now on, we got all the permits finalized.” Kris nodded and took a sip from his drink.

“That’s good then, Jungah’s been busy because of that.”

“She works well under stress.” Kris replied.

“She does, we- Mei!” Luhan looked up. Kris turned then he balked.

Jungah wasn’t wearing any make up, her flawless skin looked perfect under the afternoon sunlight. She just looked beautiful and relaxed.

Kris looked away.

“Are the guys here already?” She grinned as she approached them.

“Ya, Xi Feilin!”

Jungah turned and found Youngjae grinning up to her, Jungah smiled and walked to them.

 

 

“How’s the meat going?” Jungah grinned as she wrapped one arm around Himchan’s waist and looked at the meat.

“Aww, you miss Himchan oppa?” He cooed, Jungah made a face and just stared at the food.

“I need to find out about someone, can you help me?” She asked.

Himchan nodded and glanced at her.

“Just give me the name.”

She nodded and pressed her cheek on his arm.

“And,”

“Yes, Jungie baby?”

“Cook faster, I’m hungry!”

 

Kris’ eyes widened as he saw Jungah wrap one arm around the male’s waist, then they spoke to each other intimately. He cleared his throat and looked away.

“Doesn’t that bother you?” He asked Luhan, the latter glanced at the two. Then he smiled.

“No, she really trusts those guys. And I know Jungah’s not like that. She’s just close with males, you noticed that right?”

Kris glanced back at her then he nodded slowly.

 

Jungah chuckled as she watched Zelo and Daehyun chomp on the meat, then she saw Chanyeol slip out of the glass doors.

“Jungie! Sorry, I got you into trouble!” He pouted as he walked to her, he gave Luhan and Lay a quick nod.

“You better be.” She smiled and hit his shoulder.

“Hyung, have you eaten?” Jongup grinned at him.

“Ani, but I want to propose a toast!” He boomed, Yongguk chuckled as he handed him a can of beer.

“Our Jungah’s back! Cheers to more trouble and sarcasm!”

 

Kris watched as Jungah laugh openly, he never saw her in this way. She was relaxed and being herself.

He observed as Jungah ate with her friends comfortably and chatted.

“Feilin’s quite…different isn’t she?” Lay mused as he joined his friend, Kris shrugged.

“It’s a waste, Chanyeol and her really…hit it off.”

“Isn’t he the son of Mondo Group?” Kris queried.

“He is, they met during their high school years in the US, they dated for three years or so, but…things didn’t work well.”

“At least they remained friends.” Kris said.

“Wu Yifan!” Jungah was making her way to them with a plate of barbequed meat.

“Here!” She beamed at them and put the plate down on the table.

“Eat well, Yixing.”

“When were you born again?” Lay mused and picked up his chopsticks, Jungah plopped down beside Kris and crossed her legs.

“Do you have any plans next weekend, mei?” Lay asked her.

Jungah shook her head.

“What about you, ge?”

“I don’t think so.”

“That’s good then, we have this new opening at Nami Island. Kris ge, you should come with us.”

“So, you won’t ask me if I can come?” Jungah asked.

“You are required to go, mei.”

Jungah made a face but she leaned down.

“Ge?”

“You shou-”

Jungah halted when she saw Haera standing next to Luhan by their patio doors.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++