15

Worlds Collide

 

Jungah winced as her grandfather dropped the paper on the table.

“Ni!”

“Agung, he’s a drug dealer. I had to save myself.” She stated. Luhan and Lay listened quietly.

“You did not have to-”

“I didn’t turn him in, one of the kids from the track did.” Jungah made a face and crossed her legs.

“Still! You caused name dropping for our company.”

“It wasn’t that big of a damage.” She grumbled, Agung hissed at her.

“I want you to come to the office tomorrow by nine, young lady.”

 

 

“What will he make me do?” Feilin asked as she wrapped one arm around her brother’s. The two were inside one of the Xis’ famous hotels.

“Maybe handle a branch? Or something else. No one knows.” Luhan nodded, Jungah nodded and stopped.

“Then up to here, go on in, Luhan.” She smiled.

“I thought you wanted to come to the meeting with me.” Luhan frowned at her.

“Meeting? Me?” She shook her head, Luhan chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“Drive safely, mei.”

“Deal with ‘em old people, Luhan.” She grinned before turning away.

 

“Who is this Haera person and why does she have such a big effect on Luhan and Kris?” Jungah leaned back on the office chair. Lay turned to her from the couch. They were inside Yixing’s office.

“Some friend.” Yixing fibbed.

“Lie better, Lay.” Jungah rolled her eyes.

“Why do you want to know?” He countered.

“I don’t like the vibe she’s giving.”

“You don’t like anyone who flirts with your brother.” Lay countered. Feilin nodded.

“Right.” She smiled.

“Come on, agung should be expecting you any minute now.”

 

“This is a new project, I’m glad we’ll be able to work together again.” Agung smiled as Kris stepped in the conference room. Kris nodded and shook the man’s hand.

“Yes, it’s a pleasure, Mister Xi.” Then he looked around.

“Is Luhan not-”

“Agung? I came just in time!” Jungah strolled in the room in her ripped skinny jeans and loose top. She halted.

“Yo, Wu Yifan.” She grinned and sat down on one of the swiveling chairs. Agung nodded.

“Luhan won’t be working with you in this project, Kris. Jungah will.”

Kris balked, Jungah blinked then stared at Kris.

“But, agung, why? I haven’t even started yet and now-”

“Should I call the Hans again, Xi Feilin?”

Jungah slouched down and turned away.

“But, mister Xi, Jungah just started-”

“Our families are very close, Jungah will learn under your guidance. I’m leaving you two to discuss the new branch. Xie xie, Kris.” The elder stepped out of the conference room. Jungah turned to Kris.

“What are we supposed to work on?”

Kris wanted to sigh.

“Remember that hotel and mall that are connected? The one where you had a fight with an ahjumma?”

She nodded.

“We’re going to be starting something like that again, but now in Gangnam.”

“Sounds great.”

 

 

Lay guffawed. Luhan shook his head and sat down.

“Mei and him working for this big project? Kris ge will go crazy.”

The two were waiting for Kris and Jungah to join them for lunch.

“Or Mei will go crazy, either way.” Luhan mused.

“How supportive, look at the Xi men talking about me.” Jungah rolled her eyes as she sat down, Kris smiled and sat beside Lay.

“But honestly though, I have no idea if Li Jiaheng would end up killing me.”

“Just Kris, mei.” Kris looked at her, Jungah rolled her eyes and grinned.

Luhan and Lay blinked.

There was something new about their interaction, something they liked.

“Anyway, I’m leaving my sister in your hands, Kris. Learn from Kris, mei.”

“Luhan, I want patio pasta.” Jungah nodded to him.

“Were you even listening to me, mei?” Luhan sighed, Lay smiled and pinched her cheek.

“We might need to renovate your wardrobe, mei.” Lay eyed her back baring top.

Kris nodded.

“I am not getting a wardrobe makeover.”

 

“Yes, you will.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++