Chapter 24

WOLF

As to Lu Han’s surprise, drowsiness took over him despite the fact that he’s torn between whatever it is that Kai and Sehun have. Upon noticing Lu Han’s light head slipping off from its leaning on the bark of the tree, Kai and Sehun compromised.

“Let’s take him down the camp site. He’ll eventually have a stiffed neck if we’ll let him sleep like that.” Kai suggested, keeping his voice low to not wake the sleeping one.

Sehun agreed. “We could carry him. Take our turns, I think.”

To this, Kai instantly agreed, surprising Sehun. The two dancers helped each other in carrying Lu Han to Kai’s back, as they positioned him for a piggy-back ride with swift and careful movements.

Once again walking down the slope of the mountain, nothing but silence diversified by the sounds of rustling leaves and crumbling ground can be heard. It was like a lullaby for Kai, since Lu Han’s sleeping breaths seem to be the only voice singing in this landscape. He can smell Lu Han within this very close proximity, and Kai was surprised that even after that sweaty walk up the mountain, Lu Han still had that nice familiar smell now mixed with the scents of nature. He can also feel Lu Han’s hair touching the bottom of his ear, and it made him smile. He felt light, Lu Han always felt light. If they could be like this forever, he feeling Lu Han’s every heartbeat, feeling his frame heave as he breathes comfortably…

 

 

 

“You know…” Sehun started, while he noticed a bird nesting her eggs up above a tree as they walk, him leading the way.

“…I am fully aware of what you feel for Lu Han. We should really try not to give him a hard time with all our bickering over small things. We should remember that we’re here to enjoy with him, with his upcoming birthday tomorrow. Just a thought.”

Kai slightly nodded his head to not wake Lu Han up with the sudden movement, though he’s in full agreement with what Sehun just stated, surprisingly. “Yeah, we should try that. At least for now…”

It was Sehun’s turn to nod his head.

“I think it’s only fair that you share what you feel for Lu Han, too. Given that you are completely aware of my feelings for him, don’t you think?” Kai asked, out of nowhere.

But Sehun chose not to answer, which left Kai asking for more questions.

“My friends and I know that you are a selfish prick, but why do you care about Lu Han that much?”

“It’s none of your business.” Sehun tried to lower his voice, yet that tone is still lingering in his words, still keeping his pace.

Kai said what is already obvious, “You have feelings for him, too.”

Sehun was surprised that Kai had not said it interrogatively, as if answering his own questions.

Without affirming, Sehun just said, “I think it’s my turn to carry him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A very short, subtle, but very important chapter. I think this will be the shortest chapter of my fic LOL Enjoy reading!