8th Memory

Memories of You

 

"Hey Jiji. Do you have some time to talk?" Junhyung asks shyly.
I just nod to him as he starts walking. Aish, I don't wanna talk about that though! It's gonna be really awkward. He leads me behind one of the school buildings and we sit on the water heater attached to the building. 
"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask hoping he'll want to talk about something different. 
"You know what I want to talk about." He says plainly.
"I don't know what you mean." I say trying to act oblivious.
"Come on Jira. I want to talk about what happened on the ferris wheel yesterday. What almost happened anyways." 
"You mean about how you almost won the staring contest yesterday? If you want a rematch just tell me." I say still trying to avoid the subject. 
"Jira!" He says firmly while looking into my eyes. 
"Arasso. I know what you want to talk about. Mianhe, I know that you have all these memories but for me this is all new." I say starting to look at the floor.
"I should be the one apologizing, I should've known that it would seem too rushed. You don't have that many memories of us."
"I'm want to remember though. I feel so bad when you guys look so happy to see me but I don't end up feeling the same way." 
"Then I guess the only thing I can do is tell you our stories so they can seem like memories.." 
He starts to tell me stories of silly little kids that play make-believe all the time. My favorite one was when we all decided to pretend we all lived in a kingdom and I was the queen. So all the guys had to fight over who got to be with the queen. It seems so cute to think about how the guys would play fight the whole time while I got to sit there and watch the action. I can remember their playfulness... I just said I remembered the guys playfulness, so that means some of the memories came back right? 
"Junhyung! It worked! I can remember you guys messing around when we were kids!" I say excitedly.
"Really? I can't believe that worked! Now that you have some of your old memories though, don't you think it's time for us to make some more new memories?" 
"What do you mean by that?" I ask kinda scared.
"We should hang out on the weekend again! But just you and me there this time, but don't take it the wrong way or anything." 
"I guess we could, where do you want to go?"
"It's a surprise." He answers with a slight smirk.
"If I don't know where we're going how an I gonna meet you there?" 
"Just meet me at the bus stop by your house in the afternoon. But you can't tell the guys we're gonna go cause they'll want to go and it'll ruin our fun, arasso?"  
"Arasso." I say nodding.
Then the bell rings for class and I spend the rest of the class bored because classes after lunch are normal unlike the ones in the morning where we work for our projects. But I guess that's fine, that way I don't have to keep talking to that stupid brat the whole day. 
 
~Weekend~
This second week of school was pretty tiring having to work on the project and stuff takes so much work. And this week we're gonna have to start rehearsal for our presentation. 
But all of that crap doesn't matter right now, I have a date.. I mean a hang out to get ready for. What should I wear I don't even know where we're going. Well since its not a date we don't have to dress fancy right? Maybe I should text him and ask. So I ask him what kind if clothes I should wear. And after like a minute I get my response:
Why the hell does it matter? Wear whatever.
Aish! Doesn't he get that a girl is like really worried about what she looks like? I'll just go in some jeans and a tank top, if I'm underdressed he can't complain. 
I start heading out of the door but Hanie stops me.
"Where are you going all by yourself in a weekend." She asks
Should I tell her where I'm really going? Junhyung did say to keep a secret though. 
"I'm going.. To the movies." 
"The movies? By yourself who does that?" She asks suspiciously.
"Umm.. It's an American thing! Yeah, in the States people always go to the movies by themselves. Going with a friend is weird." I say lying through my teeth. 
"Really? Well then okay take care then." She waves bye. 
I close the door and start heading out. 
'It's an American thing'? Really? That was the worst lie ever! I can't believe she bought that! As I walk over to the bus stop by the house I realize that I have to go to the other bus stop. I forgot that I said that the other place was my house. So I just walk a little farther to make it to the bus stop by the other house and I find Junhyung waiting there for me. 
"Hi Junhyung!" I say with a smile.
"Hey Jiji! You sounded so worried in the text when you asked what you should wear. But it doesn't look like you tried that hard." He says with a smirk.
"I guess if you think my outfit's so bad, I'll just go home. See you at school!" I say turning to walk away.
"Ya! Wait up I'm just kidding." He says grabbing my wrist and pulling me back. 
"I know, I was trying to mess with you too. So where are we going anyways is it far?"
"Ani, it's actually pretty close. Lets go." He says waving his hand for me to follow him. 
We walk about a block and he stops in front of an arcade. 
"Here we are!" He says happily. 
"We're gonna hang here?" I ask.
"Yeah, you don't like it?" 
"I just haven't been to an arcade for so long." 
"Oh! So your afraid your going to lose then?" He says with a smirk. 
"I'm not worried about me, I'm worried how your going to feel when you get your kicked by a girl!" 
"I'll make you eat those words!" He says running into the arcade. 
I run in after him and we just dive into the games using up a bunch of Junhyung's coins. We play random games like shooter games, fighting games, anything we could find. We even got to play laser tag! I lost laser tag though, he kept hiding so I couldn't find him anywhere and he would use the chance to get me. We got kinda tired and decided to relax and eat some pizza. 
"So what's the score so far?" I ask before sipping my soda.
He tries to talk but his mouths full of pizza so it just comes out as random sounds and he just looks stupid doing it. So I start laughing with the soda in my mouth and it just comes out of my nose. So we just start laughing at each other for being a fail. 
"Anyways it looks like our scores are tied and we only have enough coins for one more game, what haven't we played?" He asks.
I look around the arcade and a game catches my eye. It's one of those dancing games where you have to step on the arrows. 
"Let's play that game!" 
"Are you sure I'm pretty beast at that game." He says with his little smirk.
"Ne! Cause I'm sure that I'll kick your like I've been doing on the other games!"
"It's on little girl!" He says standing up. 
So we go up to the game and put our last coins in and start. I'm actually a little surprised at how good I'm doing. Junhyung's doing pretty good too so I have to keep up. I guess we do so good that we start to attract a crowd of people, which gets me a little nervous cause I don't like large crowds watching me. I try my best to stay focused on the game but I slip on one of my steps and I can hear the crowd gasp as I fall backwards towards one of the bars...