23rd Memory

Memories of You

 

~Morning~
I begin my normal morning routine and get all of my stuff ready, then go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. 
"Ya, what's that on your wrist?" Hanie asks after washing . 
"Oh that's nothing really, just a little accident.." I say avoiding eye contact. 
"Ya... Take off your shirt.." She demands.
"What are you saying?" I look at her shocked. 
"Calm down, just take the damn shirt off." 
I hesitate but do as my unni says and take my shirt off. My unni examines me as if she were some sort of doctor doing a physical. 
"What's this? Where'd you get this bruise from?" I feel a stinging pain as she taps my back.
"Nothing.. It was just an accident." 
"Ya, you can't lie to me. Look me in the eye and tell me what happened." Hanie says seriously. 
I decide to tell her that I got the bruises on my wrist from when Junhyung grabbed me too tight, and the one on my back from when he pushed me into the wall. And also that he did it all because he got jealous that I was talking to Yoseob.
"Are you crazy? Why are you still with him?!" She screams.
"It's no big deal unni, he apologized for it already. It was just a one time thing, trust me." 
"Ya, if he got jealous just because you talked to another guy imagine what would happen if he thought you kissed another guy or something?!" 
"He wouldn't do anything, he's not like that." 
"Jira, think about this seriously. If it happened once, it's gonna happen again. You have to breakup with him before anything can happen." 
"Do you really think he would do that?" 
"I hate to say it but, yes he might. You have to breakup with him... If you don't I'll do it for you." 
I guess I really never thought of it all that much. It's scary how he gets. And every time he'll just get worse.. Maybe unni's right... I have to breakup with Junhyung...
 
~Lunch~ 
"Hey Jiji!" Junhyung smiles. 
"Hey Junhyung." I say plainly.
He leans in to give me a hello kiss, but I turn my face so his lips only touch my cheek. He looks at me confused, but stays quiet and starts walking to where we always hang out. 
"Gwenchana Jiji? You seem a little serious today." Junhyung asks. 
"Gwenchana.. I just.. I need to tell you something.." I say nervously. 
"What is it? You can tell me anything." 
"Op- Junhyung.. I think we need to breakup..." I mumble.
"What?"
"W-we need to breakup.." 
"But.. Why?.. We're so good together." He comes closer to me. 
"It's just that.. You get too jealous and I'm scared something might happen."  
"I'm not jealous.. Unless.. Is it cause of Yoseob?" He grabs onto my arms. 
"Ani, he has nothing to do with this."
"Then stay with me. If you think I'm too jealous I can change.." His eyes start to tear up. 
"Ani, I don't th-" 
He interrupts my words with a forceful kiss. His lips aren't the same anymore, they aren't that same soft and sweet lips that made me melt. 
"Tell me you don't feel anything when I kiss you.." He asks desperately. 
"Ani, I don't feel anything, I'm just afraid." My voice starts sounding shaky. 
"Ani, Jiji you can't just leave like this." He pushes me hard against the wall. 
"Junhyung let me go!" I try to get out of his grip. 
"You can't leave!" He throws his fist up into the air. 
I realize that he's going to try to punch me, but there's nothing I can do he's too strong, I can't stop him. So I just close my eyes and wait for the blow....
 
 
Nothing's happening.. I take a peak and see Junhyung with a pale face looking at his fist, and realizing what he was about to do. He drops his arms to his side and runs away. 
I just stand there in shock for about a minute, until my legs just collapse and I'm on the floor. I finally start crying after realizing what had just happened. That was one of the most frightening things I had ever experienced. I can't believe he was about to hit me. Unni was right, it was the right decision.. I never knew that he could become this scary... 
"Anybody here?" I hear a voice call out. 
I look up to see Yoseob looking around. My body's only reaction is to run up to him and hug him as tight as I can. 
"Ya, gwenchana? What happened?" Yoseob asks. 
I try to answer him, but I can't make out any words from all of my sobbing.
Instead of continuing to ask questions Yoseob just my hair softly, until I finally calm down. 
"Better?" He asks. 
"Ne gomawo... How'd you know I was here?" I ask. 
"Junhyung texted me saying that there was an emergency. What happened exactly?" 
I tell him the main idea of what happened, not everything though. I don't want to ruin their friendship more that I already have. The most important thing I tell him is that we broke up. 
"I'm sorry Jiji. It'll all be okay, all you need to do is keep smiling arasso? Lets see that smile." He pulls my hair out of my face. 
I look up at him and our eyes meet. He looks at me for a little bit then he leans in and gives me a soft kiss on the lips. My eyes widen instead of close at the unexpected kiss, and I can feel my face getting hot as I blush.  
"Mianhe.. I shouldn't have done that.. You just broke up with your boyfriend.. And plus you're probably still mad about the accident." He says nervously. 
"Well.. I didn't hate it.. Plus I know the accident really was an accident, do there was never anything to be mad about.. But, don't you have a girlfriend?" 
"Oh right.. Her.. It's just that.. To be honest.. I never really liked her... I just went out with her because.. I was trying to get over.. Get over you.. But I couldn't so I broke up with her." He scratches the back of his head nervously.
"You were trying to get over me?" 
"Ne, I really like you.. And I really wanna be with you.. I just don't know if you wa-" 
I interrupt his confession with a kiss on the lips, while cupping his face in my hands. 
"We said we were gonna be together forever when we were little didn't we?" I smile at him.