3rd Memory

Memories of You

 

My omma only calls me Jiji when she wants to make fun of me because she knows it bugs me.
"Sorry, I don't know what's going on here..." I say quietly.
"Dongwoon, are you sure this is her? She doesn't seem to even know who you are." One if the guys with big lips says. All of the other guys nod in agreement with what the other guy said. 
"Ne, hyung! I'm sure it's her. Look at her arm." Dongwoon says while lifting up my arm to show the others my scar. 
All of the other guys look at my scar with amazement, with the exception of the same guy from last time. 
All the guys with their look of amazement just go in for a group hug along with Dongwoon. They're all saying random words of affection during the group hug. 
"Um you guys.." I try to say politely.
No response, still hugging. 
I try to ask them to let me out politely a few more times until I try to get their attention another way. 
"Ya! Let me out!" I say, almost yelling.
They finally break the group hug with a look of shock on all of their faces. I really don't know what to say to such shocked faces, so I just turn around and walk away. I already said I'm no good with confrontation. That was an awkward exit though. 
 
~At home~
When I'm about to go to bed Hanie finally asks me how the 'talk' with Dongwoon went. So I just tell her everything that happened. 
"Omo! How lucky! You got to hug all of them! I'm both proud and jealous!" 
"Unni! You don't find it weird though? They all just randomly hug me like that?" I ask desperately.
"Did they smell good?" She says completely ignoring my question. 
Knowing that she would probably want to only ask me more questions about them I just grab my blanket and pull it over my face and fall back onto my bed.
"Goodnight unni." 
"Aish you're no fun."
 
~School~
Before falling asleep I just thought about why they would say they knew me, and I think I had thought of something but I was half asleep when I thought of it so I can't really remember. 
But at school through out the whole day as I walk around the guys from yesterday just pop up and say hi to me. I try to ignore them, but it's like they're everywhere I go! Except for that one guy with the baby face, he seems to ignore me as much as I ignore the other guys. I think so far, I like him best, he doesn't bother me. Turns out we're in the same class too. 
But finally it's time to go home! I scope out the front entrance before I leave just to make sure no one's there. It looks like I'm clear to go. As I walk through the front gates I'm surprised by a hug from behind me. 
"Ya! Why do you ignore everyone? You think you're better than everyone just cause you went to the States? I remember when you would follow me around calling for Junhyung oppa! What happened to those days?" A voice behind me teases. 
"Look I'm sorry but I really don't think I'm the Jiji you guys are looking for, would you mind just leaving me in peace? Please?" I say politely but firmly. 
"A-arasso... Mianhe." He says looking really disappointed as he walks away. 
Aish! Why does he look so disappointed? Now I feel bad. What if I made the others feel that way, now I look like a jerk, but still why do they act like they know me that well? 
 
~Home~
"... And so I don't know of I should just keep ignoring them or if I should give them a chance. What do I do omma?" I ask her on the web cam.
"Well for all you know you are their Jiji.." 
"What? How could I be Jiji? Only you call me that."
"Think about it pabo, I have to go now, but before I go I just want to tell you to start being nice to those boys, you, never know who they might be. Saranghe Jira!"  She says while blowing me a kiss goodbye.
"Saranghe omma!" I tell her whole blowing a kiss back. 
And when I shut down the computer I just realize... She called me pabo! What did I do for her to call me pabo? Did she call me a pabo cause I wasn't being nice? She told me to be nice too huh? I guess I could try,  its not like they're bad guys. But we first have to get the whole Jiji thing cleared up.