21st Memory

Memories of You

 

21st Memory:
~A Month Later~ 
After the whole Yoseob incident happened it took a couple of weeks to get everything back to normal. At first he tried really hard to talk to me and explain things, if he tried to talk at school I would just ignore him by talking to someone else. At home he would call and text nonstop, I considered blocking his number but I didn't have the heart to do it. His consistent begging and pleading made it a lot harder than it already was to let him go. 
Eventually all that came to an end, and before I knew it he had a girlfriend. So we both went on with our lives and stayed in our relationships. At times I still have memories when we got to be together but I just keep busy so that doesn't happen. 
"Jira! You ready to go to the mall?" Hanie asks. 
"Ne, let me just text Junhyung where we're going."
"Why do you do that? It's not like he's your appa!" She says irritated. 
"You know him, he's the jealous type."
"More like the obsessive type." She mumbles. 
I've been starting to text Junhyung before I go anywhere because after what happened with Yoseob he became really scared to lose me. One day he wanted to surprise me by visiting the house and no one was home because we were visiting my aunt. Since I never said anything he assumed the worst. Since then I've had to text him like this before I go anywhere.
Hanie and I get to the mall for our random shopping day. We shop around for a while looking at all the nice clothes, try on a bunch of stuff at every store, but we barely buy anything. All the shopping builds up our appetite so we go to the food court to eat. 
"Aish, would you look at that couple over there? Can't they find somewhere more private to do that in?" Hanie says in disgust. 
I look in the direction Hanie is looming and feel like someone punched me in the stomach. The couple that she was talking about was Yoseob and his girlfriend. 
"L-lets go. That couple's just going to make us loose our appetite." I say getting up quickly. 
Aish, I can't believe I reacted like that. It shouldn't matter to me what he does anymore, there's noting between us anymore anyways, so no need to have these complicated feelings. 
 
~School~ 
"Alright class we're going to have another project, it's not as large as the last one. All you have to do is write a skit on an old English play, although it won't have to be presented." The teacher announces at the beginning of class. 
The whole class moans at the announcement. 
Another project? Didn't we just finish the last project? Why a new one all of a sudden, it's just a big waste of time..
"You will work in groups of two. I have randomly selected who your project parter will be."
Please let it be Dongwoon! 
"Yoon Jira, you will be working with Yang Yoseob." 
Crap. Just my luck..
The class sits with their partners, me and Yoseob awkwardly sit next to each other.
"I guess we should start jotting down some ideas?" I suggest. 
Without saying anything he starts writing and I do the same. 
I don't even know anything about English plays, I never really payed attention in class. I'll just write random words on my paper and agree with whatever he suggests. 
"Done?" He asks.
"Uh.. Yeah." 
"Okay, you say an idea and then I'll say an idea arasso?" 
"Um.. Uh.. Someone dies.." I mumble. 
"Someone dies? Is that really what you wrote?" He takes the paper out of my hand. 
"Ya! Ani!" 
"Wow.. I never knew how stupid you were." He laughs. 
"I'm not stupid!.. I just don't pay attention in class." I say, embarrassed. 
"Don't be embarrassed. If you need help I'll tutor you." He teases. 
"Like you're any smarter." I scoff. 
"At least I pay attention in class." 
"That's cause you're a nerd." I pull his hair. 
We go back and forth like this for a while till the bell rings. We walk out of the door teasing each other and then go our separate ways. It was fun talking to him again, I like acting the way we used to be. I see Junhyung waiting for me, I smile and wave from where I'm standing and he just gives me this dirty look. I wonder what's up with him. Once I get closer to him he yanks my arm hard so that I go where he's going. Why's he so angry all of a sudden?...