18th Memory

Memories of You

 

Junhyung looks first at Yoseob, then at me with an expressionless face. 
"Junhyung.. It's not what you think." Yoseob tries to explain.
Junhyung's gaze returns to Yoseob and we all just stand there for a few seconds, but they feel like forever. Junhyung starts walking towards us slowly, and Yoseob tries to get in front of me defensively. But Junhyung just gently pushes Yoseob to the side and holds onto my hand and starts walking, and pulling me with him. We walk across the school until we make it to our usual hangout place. He sits me on the water heater like normal, and he takes out some sushi and sets it up so we can eat. He does this all quietly and I can feel the tense atmosphere. 
Why isn't he saying anything? Did he not see? Of course he saw, it was obvious what Yoseob was doing. Maybe he just thought it was a normal friend hug. 
Should I say something? Or should I just go along with all of this? Why doesn't he just burst out at me? I deserve it. 
He sits down and starts eating. I don't get how he can eat now, my stomach is in a thousand knots. I try to pick up a piece of sushi and eat it, but when I put it in my mouth the taste of it seemed so bitter to me, and it seemed the hardest thing in the world to get it down my throat. 
"Oppa... Aren't you going to say anything?" I ask nervously. 
Instead of responding he just exhales deeply and pulls both of his hands through his hair. 
"Just keep eating." He says looking down at the food. 
"I can't eat now.. Can't we just talk for a little?"  
He throws his chopsticks at the food and gets up quickly and forcefully. 
"You want to talk? What's there to talk about I saw you... I saw you there with..." He chokes on his words. 
He looks up to the sky desperately with tears in his eyes. He looks back down to me with those desperate eyes and his lips as he tries to think of something to say. He bats his eyes faster and faster so that his tears don't get a chance to fall. 
"Jiji.. How.. You and him.." He says at a loss for words.
"I'm so sorry... I don't even get it all myself yet.. If there's one thing I didn't want to happen it was that you got hurt." 
"Look you don't have to defend me alright. I would have rather known something than feel this shock right now."
"I'm sorry.. I really don't know what to say." 
"So you like him back, don't you?"
"I don't know.."I say quietly.
"What do you mean you don't know?" He asks.
"It's just that.. I like you.. But then him.. Him too.." 
"So hold on.. The both of us?"
"I guess." 
"Well then that's just great isn't it?" He laughs sarcastically. 
"Well what do you want me to do?"
"I'll give you a week from today."
"A week for what?" I ask confused.
"A week to choose.. It's me or him."
"But I want to say with-" 
"I know you would choose to stay with me, but think about how I would feel having you with me knowing half of your heart belongs to that bastard." He interrupts.
"But I don't-" 
"No buts... I'll see you in a week arasso?" He says with a weak smile.
He walks up to me and gives me a soft kiss on my forehead before he walks away.