Chanyeol and the Kris-Mark

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

Entry 2

 

[CHANYEOL'S P.O.V]

Oneureya gieoko bojimotan miracle
Siljesanghwang deo isang mutjima kkuminyago
Gidaryeo aetaewo sigani gakkawo
Jinachigien oneulbameun deouk akkawo [Play EXO-K "Two Moons"]

I jerked my head as my alarm rang. 07: 30 a.m.! 30 minutes before my class starts! 

THUD!

I fell face-forward on the floor while I tried to wriggle my feet from my tangled blankets.

28 minutes to go... I won't waste my time just from removing my blankets so I went straight to my bathroom with them tied on my feet.

26 minutes to go...The shower was icy and I shuddered as cold splashes of water drop on my thin body.

16 minutes to go...After hower, I hurriedly changed clothes (with the usual baggy jeans, worn-out sneakers, and this time, a checkered polo).

15 minutes to go...I ran downstairs, my pounding footsteps echoed loudly on our small house.

"Yeol, I made your lunch for today. I'm sorry I won't be able to give you your lunch money." My mom smiled at me apologetically.

"It's cool Mom, your cooking is way better than the cafeteria's anyways." I grabbed my lunch and kissed her on the cheek. "Bye Mom!"

"Oh no! Yeol!" my mother shouted.

"Later Mom! I'm late! You should get going too or you'll be late for work as well. Love you!"

I ran outside our house and rode my bike. I have at least 16 minutes left. I furiously pedaled my bike then I stopped in front of SM High's large black entrance gate, my tires steaming in heat.

"Is there a marathon going on?" the lady guard asked me sarcastically.

"Yes, me and my first class. Here's my I.D." I urgently gave it to her and she opened the gate for me. I don't have time to park my bike properly so I just placed it near the entrance stairs.

I ran straight to f(x)'s building and knocked loudly on Room No. 5. I opened it with no hesitation, and just like yesterday, the scene was similar. Everyone was staring at me.

Sir Duck Face glared at me and opened his mouth.

"Yes sir, detention." I bowed my head and closed the door.

This was great! I missed my second class in Algebra for the second time around, I missed my opportunity to be with Krystal, and now I have detention. Great.

I waited for two hours until our class ended. Then Sir Duck Face emerged from the room.

"Follow me Mr.Park." he growled.

I looked at my filing classmates and saw Krystal. I waved at her, which she ignored, then reluctantly, I followed my instructor.

Everyone was looking at us while we walked. Some giggled while others nudged their friends then pointed their fingers at me. Was it weird here in SM High to see a student who got detention on his second day of school? Maybe.

I was also wary of my surroundings. I have not yet forgotten the incident yesterday, and it was very weird that I haven't seen Pierced Giant yet. Sir Duck Face and I continued walking until we reached a sliding door.

The faculty was enormous, and of course, colorful. Tables were arranged by colors, probably the same colors of the buildings here in SM High. Sir Duck Face walked towards the section of pearl white periwinkle tables and settled himself in. He took a log book from his drawer then he wrote my name.

"Name.... Park Chanyeol.... Section... 1-A.... Crime..."

"Sir, I was just only late by one minute!" I protested.

"Yes Mr. Park, but I am very strict when it comes to time. Time is precious, and I want to teach my students how to discipline themselves." he snapped. "Crime... late in class for the second time."

I pouted in disappointment and waited for Sir Duck Face's punishment.

"Punishment... clean the gym."

No way! But the gym was enormous!

"All by myself sir?" I asked.

Sir Duck Face looked at me and smirked.

"Well unless someone wants to help you." he finished writing in his log book and looked at me again. "You'll do it for a week, after your class. Ms. Go, your volleyball instructor, will keep an eye on you. You can leave."

I bowed my head and left the faculty room, pouting. I still have my music class and so I made my way outside the building, but something caught my ears.

I thought that the room next to the faculty was empty, but I heard muffled sounds of slurping inside. I pushed the door open by the smallest fraction and peered.

O__________O

I have never watched in my whole life. But the way these two people's hands explored each other's bodies made me think that I was watching one. Their lips were tightly locked at each other while they sat on the teacher's desk. I can't see the girl's face but I saw the boy's one.

The boy opened his eyes and saw me looking at them. I was embarrassed to get caught and bowed my head in apology.

"I-I'm I'm sorry!" I said.

The girl stopped kissing the boy and glared at me.

I bowed again and closed the door, leaving them alone. The scene didn't leave my mind yet. And I remembered my first kiss...

Yuck.

I walked out of the building towards Shinee building where my music class was. Everyone kept on laughing and pointing at me, and I still don't know why. I am not with Sir Duck Face anymore, so why were they laughing?

"Hi Chanyeol! Oh- OH!" Sulli covered her eyes with her palms. I was confused.

"Why are you hiding your face?" I asked.

"Y-your pants...." she murmured.

I looked down at my pants and bulged my eyes. I have been walking around the school with my pant ped!

I immediately zipped my pants and stared downwards. So that was why they were laughing. I cleared my throat loudly and said,

"Let's go" I led the way inside our room and the two of us took our usual seats.

We didn't need to wait for too long. Ms. Gray entered the room, followed by a number of students. All of them were carrying different kinds of musical instruments; bass, guitar, flute, cielo, violin, piano and drums. They placed the instruments carefully on the platform and left the room.

"Good morning class!" Ms. Gray clapped her hands energetically and beamed on us. I'm starting to like our instructor. "So as you can see, in front of you are different musical instruments that are commonly used in performances. First, I want to know who can play these instruments. Anyone who can play the violin?"

Sulli and one of our classmates raised their hands. Ms. Gray nodded appreciatively.

"How about the guitar?"

I raised my hands and so were half of the boys in my room.

"Bass?"

I raised my hand again.

"Drums?"

And again.

"Cielo?"

No one raised their arms this time,

"Flute?"

A few girls raised their hands

"And piano?"

Three raised their hands.

"That was amazing, almost everyone here knows how to play at least one instrument! But, I notice one of you can play three instruments." she smiled at me. "And your name is?"

"Park Chanyeol Ms. Gray!"

"Ms. Gray?" she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"I- I mean.. Ms. um..."

"Ms. Song!" Sulli whispered behind me.

"Ms. Song." I repeated and grinned sheepishly.

Ms. Gray laughed and changed the subject.

"All right Mr. Park, since you were the person who can play most of the instruments here, can you give us a demo?" she stepped down the platform and smiled expectantly at me.

I gulped and looked around. Everyone was staring at me. I breathed deeply before standing up, walking my way towards the platform very slowly. My whole body was shivering in fear. I reached for the guitar and slung it on my shoulders hesitantly. I looked around the room... everyone was waiting for my performance... but I just can't. My knees were weak and my palms were sweating like a river. I strummed the guitar nervously.

"I- I.." I tried to sing, but my throat was very dry. My breathing wasn't normal at all and I feel that I'll collapse on the spot anytime soon. Ms. Gray seemed to notice my behavior and approached me.

"Are you okay Mr. Park?" she asked me quietly.

I looked into her eyes and nodded, but my trembling lips deceived me. I'm scared.

"Do you have stage fright?" she whispered.

I nodded timidly. Ms. Gray nodded in understanding and looked up at everyone.

"On second thought, why won't I just play something for you? What do you want me to play?" she asked everyone and in an instant they gave her their requests.

I took my seat again and sighed in relief.

"What happened to you? Are you okay?" Sulli asked me concernedly. I nodded to her and smiled. Ms. Gray played the piano and we all listened. Then our lecture started, and it was all quiet again.

I'm Park Chanyeol, and I have stage-fright. This was the reason why I wet myself on recognition day, and my fear just worsened since that day.

Our class ended, and like yesterday, I have my lunch with Sulli. We made our way towards the cafeteria but I kept looking around my surroundings.

"What's wrong with you? You seemed to be afraid of something." Sulli noted.

"Sulli, do you know Pierced Giant?" I asked.

"Who?'

"Pierced Giant. He's a tall man, much taller than me, with blonde hair and piercings in his ears. Do you know him?"

Sulli put her fingers under her chin. "Do you mean Kris Wu, the son of SM High Director's son?"

"Yes yes, that one."

"Well, what about him?"

"I kind of... angered him yesterday."

"How?"

"Well..." we entered the cafeteria and Sulli picked her tray. "I accidentally hit him with a ball and I scratched his car." I answered.

"Oh? I heard he's the school bully. It's a good thing you're still in one piece." she joked. She looked into my serious face and bulged her eyes. "You're serious??"

"Yes."

"Oh no. You should stay away from him Chanyeol." she advised.

"I know." we sat at the back of the cafeteria. I took my lunch box Mom gave me earlier and offered it to Sulli. "Do you want to share lunch with me? My Mom's a great cook."

"Thanks, I wish my Mom will do that to me too." she picked her vegetable and ate.

"Oh they're busy right? So you're the daughter of the famous Chois."

She nodded. "And sometimes, it's tiring too. People expect great things from me. And I hate expectations." then she changed the subject.

"How about you? Tell me something about you."

"I'm the son of Park Hye Ri and Park Min Hyuk" I answered proudly.

"Who are they?"

"They're grade school teachers. And the best you'll ever know."

"A proud son, huh?" Sulli chuckled. 

"Of course. Do you see this camera? This is my father's last gift to me before he passed away."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "You don't have to say sorry. He died peacefully." 

The cafeteria door opened again. Everyone stopped talking, then there were excited giggles from the girls. Two people entered, and they were very familiar to me.

They were the couple I saw kissing earlier.

"Oh my gosh, Kai's so hot!" I heard someone whispered.

"I know, oh Victoria Song is soo lucky!"

"Well, they're both lucky! They're not the most popular girl and boy here for nothing!"

"I wish I'm in that position...."

"In your face..!"

So their names were Kai and Victoria.

"...hey? Are you still listening Chanyeol? Who are you looking at?" Sulli turned her head and looked at Victoria and Kai, you sat at the otehr side of the room. "Do you like Victoria?" she asked me. I immediately shook my head.

"I like someone else." I answered.

Sulli nodded in understanding. 

"Well, let's finish eating this or we'll be late for our next class, shall we?"

***

"So, what's your next class?"

I checked my schedule.

"Lit. You?"

"General Science. Well, this is my room, bye!" Sulli gave me a big wave and entered her class room.

I walked my way towards my next class. Two pairs of feet stopped in front of me and I looked up.

Two, bulky men with unbelievably large muscles were glaring at me. Then without further explanation, they grabbed my arms and dragged me on the hallway.

"W-wait! Who are you? Please let me goooo!!!" I shouted loudly. We turned around the corner and I asw Krystal and her friends. I shouted for help.

"KRYSTAAAALL!! HELP MEEEEEEE!!!" Krystal looked at me expressionlessly. 

Everyone in the hallway stared at us while the two men dragged me into one of the rest rooms. Then the three of us entered the last cubicle.

"Why are we here? What are you going to do to me?" I asked continuously.

"Shut up !" someone growled. He looked down at the clean toilet. "The toilet's clean. Piss on it." he ordered his companion.

The other man obliged, ping his pants and taking his little buddy out.

"What the f-! Please take another cubicle!" I shouted. I closed my eyes and desperately hoped that I can close my ears too. I can hear the loud drip of piss on the toilet bowl.

"Done. Your turn."

I can feel that the other man ped his pants too and true enough, he was pissing on the toilet now. When the both of them were done, they grabbed my arms again.

"Oh please wash your hands first! It came from your..."

The men lifted me. Oh no. They won't do what I think I'm doing,

Right?

And I was right. They put my feet inside the toilet bowl with their piss in it, and I am very disgusted!

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!" I hurriedly lifted my feet up while they roared in laughter. I ran outside the rest room and caught a glimpse of a few people outside before my vision was turned into red.

I felt sticky fluid running down my face to my chest. It smelled of paint. I removed my glasses and my vision turned blurry in an instant. I can see people laughing and staring at me. Then, a tall man in blonde hair and piercing in his ears leered in front of me. I don't need my glasses to know who this was.

"Carrot head, you've been marked." Pierced Giant said.