Krystal & Kai

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

Entry 5

 

"Why is your hair curly?" a beautiful girl asked the tall boy in front of her. They were sitting at one of the playground's swings.
"My father's hair is curly." the boy answered.

The girl giggled. "Then why is it stuck in all directions?"

The boy attempted to lie his hair flat. "I don't know." he frowned.

The girl hopped off from her swing and stood in front of the boy. She patted his hair.

"Color this in orange, then you'll look like a carrot." she teased.

The boy's frown deepened. "Is it that bad?" he asked.

"No." the girl put her hands on to stop herself from laughing. "But I like it Yeollie." she answered sincerely.

---

Chanyeol opened his locker and immediately put his book in front of his face as his protection. Slime spurted out of the toy gun but it hit his book instead of his face. His reflex was getting better now. He wiped the slime off his book when Sulli came.

"Hey, you still got some on your hair." Sulli picked a handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the slime on Chanyeol's hair. "And you really need to get yourself a better protection than your book. It looks disgusting now." she nodded at Chanyeol's book covered in sickly green liquid.
"Yeah, I figured that out. Last time Sir Duck Face ordered us to pass our books, he managed to get his hands on one of the slimy pages, and well, that's another punishment for me." Chanyeol answered, chuckling amusedly.
"I'm glad that's not my Algebra instructor." They walked together towards Sulli's first class. The students booed and threw pieces of junk at them as usual, but they ignored it.
"Oh by the way! I managed to avoid 50 paintballs yesterday. How about you?" Chanyeol asked eagerly.
"Pfft. 50? Looowwww. I managed to avoid 83." Sulli winked.

A month passed since the two of them became the marked students of SM High. Their first two weeks were hard for them. People played pranks at their lockers and they always end up having slimes all over their faces. Others will threw paintballs at them at an unexpected time, and most of them tried to trip them on the stairs, at the library, cafeteria, parking lot, everywhere. They always found themselves hanging out at Chanyeol's house after dismissal, taking a shower (if they were tricked by the paintballs), and this time, Sulli learned her lesson to bring extra clothes or else Mrs. Park will bombard them with unecessary and extremely uncomfortable questions again.

"Are you two sharing fluids while I'm out?!" Mrs. Park asked furiously,her nostrils flaring in anger.

Sulli and Chanyeol decided not to talk about that incident anymore for it was both awkward for them. Mrs. Park accepted their alibis, and from then on, Sulli was always welcome at their house.

Soon, Chanyeol and Sulli became used to their schoolmate's pranks. Instead of sulking, they decided to played a game of whoever avoided the most paintballs; whoever managed to get out from the tripping pranks; and who can completely block the slime from their lockers. That's how optimistic Sulli and Chanyeol were.

"Here's your classroom. See you in Music class!" Chanyeol waved at Sulli who nodded. She entered the room but looked back at him. Chanyeol gave him another happy wave.
"You can go now too, or you'll be late in your class." Sulli said.

Chanyeol nodded and turned back.

"...is it true that Kai has a new girl friend now?"
"Yes, it's Krystal."

He stopped in his tracks and looked at the gossiping girls. Did he just heard her name?

"Wooww, I bet they look perfect together."
"Even better than with Victoria, I tell you."
"That's too bad for Victoria, they've been together for so long."
"..Well, Victoria's not that popular in school anymore. It's Krystal now."

Chanyeol opened his mouth to ask the girls something. Then they noticed him staring at them and quickly ran away.

He shrugged and continued walking, lost in deep thought. He passed a classroom and heard someone sobbing. Chanyeol peered inside the room and saw no one. 

"Hello?" he asked uncertainly.

The sound stopped. He entered completely inside and looked around. At one of the corners of the room sat a woman whose head was bent down. He walked towards her.

"Err... are you crying?" he asked stupidly.

The woman raised her head and glared at him. Her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was blotchy. It was Victoria.

"No, I'm actually laughing." she answered sarcastically.

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck and looked around.

"Er... you should not be staying here, someone must have been looking for you." he said.

In an instant, Victoria's eyes watered and tears fell down her cheeks.

"W-who?! N-no one c-cares about meeeee!!! I-I'm n-not popular any-anymore b-b-because of her! He.. He.. He left me b-because of her! Kai is m-my life, I w-want t-to d-dieeeee!!!" she wailed loudly.

Chanyeol looked sad. He did not want to see girls sad. He sat beside her and smiled.

"Of course Kai is not your life. You've lived even before you met him, right? Then you can survive without him too. Taking your life just because of a guy was.... um, sorry to say this but, it was stupid and unnecessary."

Victoria hiccuped. "You don't know what you're saying." she said. She looked at Chanyeol then on his red-orange hair. She gasped.

"Oh nooo! I've been talking to the marked person!" she shouted. She looked around the room wildly as if afraid someone will see them. Chanyeol chuckled.
"You haven't noticed?"
"I.. I don't. All I know is the marked person has a red-orange hair, but I can't remember the face. And now that I come to think of it, you were the one who saw me and Kai -"

She stopped at the sound of his name. Then she wailed again.

"Kaiiiiii!! Kaiiiii!!!" she sobbed uncontrollably.

Chanyeol reached inside his pocket and pulled an orange handkerchief.

"Don't cry. Here, take this." he offered his handkerchief to her.

Victoria looked uncertainly at it and huffed.

"I don't need that. I have my own." she felt her pockets and gulped. It was empty. 
"Come on now. No one will know it came from the marked." he said kindly.

Reluctantly, Victoria reached for the hanky and dabbed her eyes. "Don't tell this to anyone or else." she threatened.

Chanyeol nodded and smiled again. "I should get going. I'm late for class. Bye,!"

He went outside the room and ran towards f(x) building. Their class was already starting.

*I think I should not enter anymore. Or Sir Duck Face will give me another detention.* he peered from one of the room windows and looked at the whiteboard for their lectures. *Ahh, it's just rational and irrational numbers. Done that.*

He decided to go at Sulli's classroom and wait for her for their next class. After two hours, their class finally ended.

"What are you doing here?" Sulli asked, surprised.
"Something wrong?" he smiled. Sulli shook her head.
"No, there's nothing wrong. I was just surprised."she answered.

"KYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Chanyeol and Sulli turned looked at the source of commotion.

Girls from every direction screeched and giggled as a familiar guy walked at the corridor. He was accompanied with three more handsome boys. They waved, winked and smiled at the girls in front of them.

"Kai please give me a hug!!"
"Baekhyun you're so handsoommmeee!! Marry me!!!"
"Suho! Suho! Look at me!!!"
"Oh my flip!!! Kyungsoo smiled at meee!!"

"Always about the popular guys." Sulli grunted.

"Hi Krystal!!" some of the guys greeted.

Chanyeol snapped his head so fast he thought he cracked his neck. Krystal entered their building accompanied with her friends, Luna & Amber. Kai saw her and walked towards her. He planted a soft kiss in her lips and wrap an arm around her waist. There was a chorus of 

"Awwww" and "Noooo" from the crowd. Some looked happy and touched, but most of them were disappointed and sour. Chanyeol saw from afar that Victoria was glaring at Kai and Krystal. If only looks could kill... Chanyeol doubted if one of them is still alive by now.

He turned his camera on and walked near Krystal and Kai.

"Where are you going Chanyeol?" Sulli asked, following him.

Chanyeol stopped at the best spot he can get and clicked his camera's button continuously, his lens pointed at the newest couple. Then he looked at his photos and his face fell.

"Why are you sad?"Sulli asked.

Chanyeol looked at her.

 

 

"Because Krystal's smile didn't reach her eyes." he answered sadly and patted his hair.