Epilogue

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

After 10 Years

"Look this way Sulli, that's right." Chanyeol directed. Sulli turned to her left and adjusted her shoulders, smiling at the big-lensed camera.

She was wearing an elegant, flowing white gown that trailed to the bottom stairs and held a bouquet of roses that complemented the theme. On her right finger was a golden ring, and it out-shined both the gown and the roses brightly. Chanyeol moved to his right and stood at the best spot with the best lighting, and started clicking his camera again.

​"Not done yet?" Sulli managed to say through her smiling teeth.
"Nope. Just a few more shots." Chanyeol said. He, on the other hand, was wearing a black and white tuxedo and his hair was neatly styled in an old-fashioned way.

The two of them were the  perfect pair for couples.

 

The only thing was, they were not.

"I'm sure Minho will approve on some of your shots already, let's call this a day." Sulli suggested.
"No, no, no. I haven't captured the perfect photo for my best friend yet, so stay there." Chanyeol ordered. "Look straight to the camera... Don't frown! There you go... Imagine that you're already walking to the altar."

Sulli closed her eyes for a moment. She was smiling like an idiot as she tried to remember things that no one knew but her. Then she opened her eyes and exhaled, a new vibrant aura was already radiating from her face; The face of being in love.

"Perfect!" Chanyeol did not hesitate to click his camera the moment Sulli opened her eyes again. At that shot he whooped loudly, and Sulli sighed in relief for she knew that Chanyeol got the shot.
"What a perfectionist." she muttered.

Chanyeol offered his hand to her so she can come down the stairs carefully.

"Thanks" Sulli said. She beamed at Chanyeol and pinched his cheeks. "How about some lunch?"
"Good idea." Chanyeol replied. He packed his things, camera and tripod first then he followed Sulli on the hallway. They were  staying in one of the newly-opened hotel in the city, and Sulli chose this venue because of its peaceful surroundings and the abundant cherry blossom trees beside the building.
"I want a shot under the cherry blossom too." Sulli pouted. "Let's go there after lunch."
"Sure, but before that, let's go and get changed first."

Their changing rooms were on the 9th floor, and they were on the 1st floor. Chanyeol and Sulli walked towards the elevator and entered inside at the same time.

"Do you have any news yet?" Sulli asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. "But I hope she's happy." he answered.

Sulli nodded. Meanwhile, she noticed Chanyeol's hand moving upwards until it clutched a necklace wound around his neck. She smiled discreetly. It had been around his neck for the past 10 years.

After Krystal left, she thought that it would be another hard time for Chanyeol again. She was surprised though when she saw that he was more contented than she had seen him before, and she understood that Chanyeol and Krystal had the closure they both needed. She didn't ask for further narrations of the issue. Besides, Chanyeol never mentioned it to her. They stayed like that for 10 years, and it was just only now that she had brought the topic of Krystal again.

She mentally noted herself to send an invitation to Krystal and Kris soon.

"Vic must have gone nuts. We started shooting without her." Sulli changed the topic.

Chanyeol chuckled. "It's not our fault. Tell her that she can always follow."

Sulli leaned on the elevator's glass and smiled at her friend. The two of them never separated since high school; They went to Seoul University together, and they even had some classes together as well. Everyone who knew them thought that they would start dating soon - their parents included - but Sulli knew better than them.

And she was very happy that she made the right decision to stay as his friend 10 years ago. If she hadn't, then she wouldn't have found Minho.

"I'm just curious though... Why did you wear your outfit?" she asked, pointing at his tuxedo.
"I just feel like it. You know, to get the atmosphere of being wed so I can shoot pictures perfectly." Chanyeol replied.

Sulli nodded in understanding. That seemed reasonable.

The elevator door opened and Chanyeol let Sulli walked outside first before him. On their way to their rooms they heard a loud cry from the opposite end of the corridor. They turned around and saw a cute girl at the age of 2, who was slumped at the middle of floor with tears falling down her cheeks. She seemed lost.

Chanyeol hurried over to the girl and knelt in front of her. The girl looked at Chanyeol and wailed louder.

"Mommy!!!" she cried.
"Don't worry, I'll help you." Chanyeol said softly. He offered his arms to the little girl until the girl finally stood up and hopped into Chanyeol's open arms.
"What's your name?" Sulli asked in Korean language.

The girl frowned and started crying again. Sulli stared flabbergasted at the girl.

"I just asked her name." Sulli protested.
"Ssssh, don't cry little girl. What's your name?" Chanyeol asked in English language.
"Kree." the little girl replied through her hiccups. She wiped her eyes and batted her eyelashes, then she looked at Chanyeol straight into his eyes.

Chanyeol seemed drawn to an unknown force inside him the moment he met eyes with Kree. He felt attached with her already. He soon had the urge to protect the girl, and he tightened his arms around her little waist.

"Don't worry, we'll help you find your Mommy." Chanyeol said in English again. They walked towards the other side of the corridor and entered the elevator for the second time. They punched the 1st button and waited as the elevator stopped on each floor every now and then.

They were on 5th floor when the elevator opened for the 4th time. A flustered-looking woman in her early 20's was about to walk in when she saw Chanyeol and Sulli. Chanyeol's heart stopped immediately as he eyes found the woman's eyes he knew since childhood - Krystal's.

"Mommy!" Kree shouted.

Chanyeol looked stunned from Kree to Krystal. Kree struggled to get free from Chanyeol's arms while she tried to reach her mother desperately.

He felt a slight push on his back. Chanyeol saw Sulli urging him to move outside and with his feet that felt like lead, Chanyeol walked towards Krystal with heavy footsteps.

Chanyeol put Kree down carefully. The latter ran towards her mom and hugged her knees, but Krystal took little notice. She eyed Sulli's wedding dress to Chanyeol's tuxedo, and she bit her lip sadly.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Kree tried to get the attention of Krystal.

Krystal snapped out of her thoughts and wiped her tears.

"Oh my baby girl, I thought I lost you!" she said, ducking down so she can carry Kree in her arms. Chanyeol glimpsed a faint of light in her shirt but was distracted again by Sulli's nudge.

*I need to go* Sulli said through her eyes but Chanyeol understood.

Krystal kissed Kree's cheeks tenderly . Then she faced Chanyeol and Sulli again and beamed.

"Thank you for finding my daughter. I don't know what I would do if I lost her." she said sincerely.

Chanyeol looked at Kree. The little girl was smiling at him and he smiled back. So that was why he felt attached with this girl. Everything connected to Krystal was easily recognized by his unconscious self.

"Um, you... you two look good together. Congratulations." Krystal continued.
"Oh n-no! It's not what you think!" Sulli defended, flapping her hands frantically at Krystal. "I am.. Chanyeol and I.. we're not together! I mean, we're together right now, but we're really not together...." Sulli's voice trailed hopelessly. She's making things worst.
"What she mean is," Chanyeol interjected. "She's getting married, but with someone else."

Krystal studied Chanyeol's suit and looked unconvinced. Sulli sighed.

"I'll leave you two to talk." she said and walked pass Krystal. She stopped in mid-way and turned back again. "And Krystal?"

Krystal looked at Sulli with questioning eyes.

"Yes?" she prompted.
"You're invited on my wedding." Sulli said and with that, she walked away.

Krystal blinked at Sulli's retreating figure few before she became aware that she was left with Chanyeol alone. She looked sideways and cleared , then she faced Chanyeol and forced a smile at him.

"It's nice to see you again." she said.
"Yes, me too." Chanyeol replied.

An awkward silence fell between them. They fidgeted on their heels and played with their fingers, until Krystal decided to break the ice.

"So, Kree and I have to go ahead now." she said. She bent low again and removed Kree in her arms. Chanyeol caught a glimpse of the same faint light on Krystal's shirt and focused on it better than earlier.

*No way!* he thought incredulously.

"That!" Chanyeol blurted.

Krystal straightened up and raised her eyebrow.

"What is it?"
"That..." he repeated. He walked closer to Krystal and stared down her chest. He reached an arm towards it but Krystal backed away in response.
"What are you trying to do??"

Chanyeol removed his eyes from Krystal's chest and stared straight to her eyes.

"You still have that necklace." he whispered.

Krystal bit her lip again.

"You're wrong, it's something else." she said. She hold Kree's arms and turned back, but Chanyeol grabbed hold of her arms and spun her around. His hand slid from her arms to her left hand and frowned deeply.
"Where's your ring?" he asked.

Krystal removed her hand from his and looked away. It took her a long time before she answered him.

"Kris and I... we divorced months ago." she replied hesitantly.
"Why? Is he hurting you?!"
"No." Krystal immediately said. "Kris was caring, loving, and understanding. Too much understanding."

 

"You're filing a divorce?" Krystal repeated.

Kris nodded and turned his back from her.

"It's the best thing for us, what do you think?"
"But Kree..."
"Kree can always have the both of us. You  know how it works here in Canada." Kris interrupted. He faced Krystal again and smiled. "I promise that I will still be the best dad for Kree. I will not turn back from my responsibilities."
"And Daddy? And your Dad -?"
"They got what they want when they engaged us. So, what's really the problem with that?" Kris interrupted again. He peered into Krystal's black eyes -  those eyes that held so many mysteries and pain when he first met her. Those eyes that he'll miss from now on.

Kris walked towards Krystal until he was in a safe distance from her. He reached for her hands and kissed it softly, and said the words he wanted to say for so long:

"Just go to where your heart belongs Krystal."

 

And she did.

"Why did you two divorce?" Chanyeol asked again, eager to know more.

Krystal did not answer for a few minutes until she decided to say the right words.

"Because..." she clutched the necklace that she wore for the past 10 years. "...because I went to where my heart belongs." she answered.

A smile slowly appeared from Chanyeol's lips. This was it. This was the moment he thought he'd been fruitlessly waiting. After all those years, here she was - in front of him - coming back to where her heart belongsTo him.

"Do... Do you want to... ummm... see the cherry blossoms?" he suggested.

Krystal's smile grew wider.

 

"You know I'd love to."
"And I love you." Chanyeol added.

 

Dear Son/Daughter:

Your Mom and I's life journey did not start when she first protected me from my bullies back in grade school. It didn't start too when she confessed her love to me when we're in high school. Our life started today, where we both found the place we want to be. Our life started today, where we'll have each other's arms, make a family and have you.

Once I asked your Mom if I would ever find a girl that I can love better than her; a girl that can make me feel loved the way she did to me; or if the two of us will be happy after 10 years.

I never thought that we would be happy after 10 years. It was a long, long, long wait.... but our story's just starting.

One day, when you grow up and find that person meant for you, never let him/her go. The key? Just love.
 

Daddy


It's still a ChanStal fic guys. ;-)
Thank you for sending your loves throughout this fic. Ahhh, I can't thank you all enough!

Anyways, in case you're interested, I made a ChanLli fic. Hehe. You can check it out.


Title [click the link] : 3.6.5
Characters: Chanyeol and Sulli
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, and a little bit of idiocy.