The Newest Couple

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

Entry 16

Krystal threw herself face-forward on the bed and buried herself on her pillow. After a few minutes of digesting what just happened earlier, she took her phone out and smiled at her new wallpaper.

Chanyeol grinned. He knelt on one knee in front of Krystal and kissed the back of her hand.

"What are you doing?" Krystal asked.
"I want to do this formally." he replied. He looked up to her and gave her a sweet smile. "I don't want us to be in a relationship just because we... hehe... kissed." he cleared his throat and attempted to look serious. "Krystal.... will you be my girl friend?"

Krystal smiled.

"You already knew the answer, stupid." she playfully knocked to his head and gave a small laugh. Chanyeol stood up and turned his camera on. "It's a good thing I always have this with me. Come here Krystal, let's take a picture." 
"Eh?"

Chanyeol pulled her closer to him and wrapped an arm around her waist. "On three, okay? One.. two.. three!"

The camera flashed and they looked at their picture together. Chanyeol was grinning from ear to ear, revealing his white, shiny teeth. Krystal, on the other hand, wore a reserved smile, but her rosy cheeks showed that she was blushing.

"You're so cute Krystal! Give me your phone, let's take a picture here too."


She was laughing alone in her room like an idiot, while she reminisced that special moment. Krystal bit her lip and stared at their picture more... Now she has another reason to smile everyday from now on.

***

Chanyeol was waiting outside Krystal's handsome manor for several minutes now. Soon, Krystal joined him in. She was wearing a blue baseball cap, her hair was pulled into a lose ponytail, she has no makeups on, and she wore a simple white t-shirt and jeans. She gave Chanyeol an embarassed smile and Chanyeol gave her one too. For a moment, the two of them stood awkwardly side by side, avoiding each other's eyes but both of them can't keep the smiles off from their faces.

"Mmm. Let's go?" Krystal finally asked.

Chanyeol nodded and he hesitated if he should reach for her hand or not. Krystal was already walking away from him and he ran for a few steps before he caught up with her. He held her hand and squeezed it softly.... Krystal squeezed it too and they walked in silence toward the bus station.

"Should we buy apples for Mommy first?" she asked.
"That's a good idea." he turned the other way around and pulled Krystal with him. The vendor on the fruit stall smiled at them while they approached her.
"What fruit is it young lovebirds?" she kindly asked.
"Apples please ajhumma! The freshest, juciest and sweetest apples! It's for my girlfriend's mom." Chanyeol asked happily, pulling Krystal to him more. Krystal pulled away from him immediately, looking embarassed.
"You don't have to broadcast it." she said reprovingly
"But I want tooooooo"

The vendor laughed and proceeded on picking the apples.

"1 kilo?" she asked. They nodded. "Here, I added another one for you, you're my first customer." she said.
"Here ajhumma, keep the change, you're the first person to know this too." Chanyeol winked at her. He and Krystal rode a bus towards WMI.
"Do you think Aunt Beautiful will like me?" Chanyeol asked when they settled themselves on the farthest seat.

Krystal snorted.

"Of course she will. You forgot that she remembered your name first than mine, so I'm pretty sure it's perfectly fine with her." she shifted to her seat and leaned on Chanyeol's shoulder. "I'll be taking a nap first. Wake me up when we're there."

Chanyeol leaned his head on hers too and closed his eyes. "Then let's nap together." he said softly, and closed his eyes too.

After an hour and 30 minutes...

"Hey you kids, wake up." the bus driver roughy poked them and frowned. "Is this your stop?" 
"H-huh?" Chanyeol groggily straightened up and looked around. "Oh yes sir! We're sorry to disturb you. Krystal.. Krystal wake up." he cooed softly and pinched the tip of her nose.

Krystal stirred and crinkled her nose automatically.

"Are we here?"
"Mm-hmm. Come on, let's go." Chanyeol patiently said.
"Are you getting out of the bus or what?" the driver demanded.

The two of them hurriedly got off from the bus and laughed at the driver. He was getting back to the driver's seat, muttering irritably under his breath. When he was gone, Krystal stuck his tounge out.

"So grumpy." she said. Chanyeol laughed amusedly and hold her hands again.
"Let's go."

After another 30 minutes of walking, they finally reached WMI. They saw Nica watering the plants Chanyeol and Krystal managed to plant last sem break. She looked up when Chanyeol and Krystal approached her. Her eyes instantly fell on the couple's entwined hands and she bulged her eyes dramatically.

"OH MY GOD! Is this true?!!" she pointed excitedly on their hands and happily hopped on her toes. "Tell me this is not faux!"

Chanyeol laughed and said. "How are you Ms. Nica?" he said.
"Answer me first!" she excitedly asked.

Krystal averted her eyes and grinned. Chanyeol nodded happily and showed their hands in front of her more.

"Yes it's t-"
"AAAAHHHHHH!" Nica squealed like a 15-year old while she fanned herself with her hands. "You kids make me feel like a teenager with your love story. Well about time! Come on in, I'll get Mrs. Jung for you." she pulled the two of them inside the living room and moments later, Mrs. Jung was walking beside her.
"Sit here Mrs. Jung, I'm sure you'll like the good news. Can you believe it? Krystal and Chanyeol are together!!" she announced happily.
"Thanks for spoiling the surprise Ms. Nica" Krystal grunted.
"Oops, sorry Krystal, hehe. I can't contain my feels. But don't worry, I ship Sehun and Luhan more so-" Nica stopped in mid-sentence and clamped . She looked embarassedly at Chanyeol and Krystal whose eyebrows were shot high in the air.
"Weren't the two of them from EXO?" Chanyeol asked amusedly.
"W-wha... I-I... I need to go!" Nica turned away from them blushing from the roots of her hair to her neck. When she snapped the door close, Chanyeol and Krystal burst in laughter.
"I.. I- can't believe Ms. Nica is an exotic... well age doesn't really matter don't you think?" Krystal asked.

Chanyeol wiped the tears in his eyes and nodded. "You're right. That was entertaining."

Mrs. Jung smiled at Krystal and that was when they noticed her presence. 

"Hey Mommy, well... Ms. Nica already told this to you... so... um." she hold Chanyeol's hand and smiled at her mom. "You're fine with it?"

Mrs. Jung looked at their hands and smiled more. They took that as a yes.

"Perfect." the two of them said in unison.
"Let's tell my Mom next Krystal." Chanyeol said.
"Will she like me?" she asked apprehensively.
"We'll see." he said jokingly, pinching her cheeks.

After visting Mrs. Jung, Chanyeol and Krystal went towards the Park residence. Krystal stopped on the front door and gulped.

"I'm nervous Chanyeol. This is the first time I'll be introduced into someone's parent." she said.
"It's just my Mom. You've known her since we were kids, you don't have to be nervous my love." 

Krystal snorted from his endearment and seemed to regain her confidence. She smoothed her hair and cleared .

"Okay."

When they entered the house, Mrs. Park looked up and her eyes brightened at the sight of Krystal.

"Ohh Krystal! You came!" she hugged Krystal and gave her a motherly kiss. "I thought you wouldn't visit us again."
"I'm sorry auntie." she apologized.
"No no, it's ok! You're just in time for dinner." she walked pass them and started preparing the table.
"I'll do this auntie, please rest for a while." Krystal said. She gently pulled the plates from her and prepared the table herself. She caught Chanyeol's eyes and he nodded encouragingly. She widened her eyes and tilted her head. Chanyeol frowned and tilted his head too. Krystal moved her eyes from Chanyeol to Mrs. Park and it took a long time before Chanyeol understood.

Of course, Mrs. Park did not miss their unspoken conversation.

"Okay kiddos. Spill it." she said sternly. She put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrow. "You've got a minute to explain." 

Chanyeol and Krystal nodded at the same time and they faced Mrs. Park together. They don't know what to say or to where to start, so they moved closer to each other and hold hands. Actions speak louder than words anyways.

Mrs. Park dropped her jaw while she stared at her son's and Krystal's hands. She said a soft "oh" and smiled happily, clapping her hands wildly.

"Finally!!" she screamed and hugged Krystal tightly. "Oh my God, I'm waiting for this moment for a long time! I'm so happy for the two of you.! Well." she pulled from her embrace and beamed at Krystal. "You know you're always welcome in the family!"

Krystal beamed back. She hugged Mrs. Park and softly said,

"Thank you auntie. Thank you."

 

After their dinner, Chanyeol led Krystal in his room. He took two large piggy banks from his drawer and place those above his desk.

"What are those for?" she asked.

Chanyeol pointed the first piggy bank. "This one is for Aunt Beautiful." he said.
"Huh?"
"I'll put my earnings here so I can help you get her out of WMI. You said that you want her get treated outside the country right? Then I'll help with you that."

Krystal blinked, touched from what Chanyeol said.

"But you don't have to that." she said weakly.
"No Krystal." Chanyeol said, shaking his head. "You're problem is my problem too. Trust me, I will always understand you. I will always wait for you. I will always be by your side. We are one. Right?"

Krystal stared affectionately at Chanyeol. Then she gave him a sweet smile. "What about the last one?" she pointed at the second piggy bank.

"It's for us. I don't know when will I use this, but it's just for us." he moved closer to Krystal and gave her the warmest hug ever. "I love you." he kissed her forehead. "Before." he kissed her right cheek. "Today." he kissed her left cheek. "And tomorrow." he closed his eyes and leaned to her kissing her soft lips for the second time. She never failed to make his heart fall for a thousand pieces. He will never grow tired with this feeling, having Krystal in his arms, thinking that she was finally his.

Everything was all too good to be true, and somehow, he was afraid something bad can happen the next day.

But he doesn't care for now. He felt Krystal's tounge and kissed her deeper.... and deeper.

***

Sulli walked silently beside Chanyeol towards their music class. She was glancing every now and then at him and she can't help but feel that there was something new to Chanyeol's playful aura that she was unable to see before. When they reached their class and settled themselves on their ususal seat, Sulli took the courage to ask Chanyeol what was bothering her all day.

"Chanyeol?" she started cautiously.
"Hmm?" he turned his head to her, grinning from ear to ear.
"What are you up to right now?" she asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well... you looked.. happier, and livelier. Not that you're not happy and lively before okay, it's just that... its.. I don't know, more?" she asked uncertainly.
"Oooh.." Chanyeol pursed his lips. "It's because -"

The doors opened and Ms. Song entered the room.

"Good morning class." she said.
"Good morning Ms. Song." they chorused.
"Later." Chanyeol whispered.

Sulli was uncomfortable in her seat for the rest of their music class. The feeling of genuine curiosity kept on bugging her. She can't focus on her class and she felt she just want to blurt the question out to Chanyeol again. She restrained herself from doing so, noticing how Chanyeol was out of the real world too like her. The only difference was, in his case, he was happy.

The bell finally rang and they all stood up to go to the cafeteria. Sulli opened to ask him again when she was interrupted by another girly voice.

"Chanyeol! Sulli!" 

Victoria was walking towards them just like a model. She grinned at them and settled herself between her friends.

"Let's have lunch together! God, our three straight hours of trigonometry made me want to wolf down my food immediately. Come on, let's hurry!" she pushed the cafeteria door open and handed Chanyeol and Sulli their trays.

After they picked their foods, they sat on the farthest table and made themselves comfortable. Victoria immediately ate her food while Sulli cleared . The cafeteria door opened and Luna, together with Amber, came in. Victoria paused from eating and scrutinized Luna. Almost everyone around the room looked and pointed and laughed behind her back. They saw Luna gritted her teeth in anger but she ignored their snide comments and sat at their table too.

"At some point, I feel bad for her." Victoria started. "I mean, being humiliated in front of the school was something I won't take a run for my money. On the other hand, I was happy about the incident. At least it humiliated Kai too." then she smirked. "I just wished it happened on Krystal than her instead."

Chanyeol frowned at her.

"Why? Do you hate her?"

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Hate is an overstatement Chanyeol. I just don't really like her. But of course, I got over with Kai months ago. Ever since... well. Ever since that night." *That night when you said you respect me* she added to herself.
"Krystal is not a bad person Victoria." Chanyeol defended.
"Yeah? Well, I don't know if it's a good person to you Chanyeol... What if someone had a numerous boy friend at a time? I heard that Krystal's a player, someone who doesn't stick with a man for a long time. Look at Kai, she ended her relationship with him in just a few months. Psssh. I bet she has another man with her when they broke up."
"Krystal has her reasons". Chanyeol interjected, not elaborating more. "I trust her. I know she's changed"

Victoria frowned at him. "What's on you Chanyeol? Why are you that angry?" she demanded.
"Because, I don't want anyone saying foul things on my girl friend." he snapped and stood up from his seat. He turned his back from them and walked away, without sparing a single glance at his friends.

Victoria and Sulli's mouth left hanging wide-open. Victoria tried to digest what she had just heard.

"D-did... Did he say, his girlfriend? Do you believe him?" she rounded on Sulli who looked distantly at Chanyeol's retreating back. Her heart felt a thousand times heavier from what Chanyeol said. She felt like she was about to cry, and hold herself from doing so.
"Sulli? Are you okay?" Victoria asked concernedly.

Sulli did not respond. She put her hand on her chest and balled her fist.

"I don't know. I'm not sure Victoria." she answered quietly.