The Two Marked Friends

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

Ayo! This story will be in Narrator's POV from now on. I just tried doing the 1st person but I'm really more comfortable with the 3rd person. Hehe. Anyways! What are your thoughts so far in this fic readers? I'm so clueless if you like this ff or not. :D Feel free to comment below, okay?? :))


Entry 4

 

Sulli dragged Chanyeol out of the party, outside the rest house and towards the parking lot.

"Where are we going Sulli?" Chanyeol asked confusedly.
"To my house. You need to change your clothes or you'll catch a cold." Sulli answered.

They reached Sulli's car and she shove Chanyeol in.

"But I'm alright. Really. I can change on our house."
"Well, have you seen yourself lately?" she started the car and they went off. "Our house is just near from this place than yours, just accept it, okay?" Sulli smiled at Chanyeol who nodded back.
"Okay."

After a few short minutes, they reached Sulli's fancy house.

"Woooooowww you live in this place? Sooo big." Chanyeol gaped as he stared at Sulli's Italian-style house. They entered the big, newly-polished oak front doors and walked inside Sulli's guest room.

"Stay here, I'll search for some of my dad's spare clothes. I think he has some here."

Sulli left Chanyeol inside and went upstairs. While he was waiting for Sulli, Chanyeol roamed around, peering through their pictures, figurines and furnitures.

"It's so fancy. Wow." Chanyeol muttered to himself. "Aww.. Sulli's so cute here." he picked Sulli's baby picture.

Minutes later, Sulli came downstairs, holding a new set of T-shirt, shorts, and brief.

"Lucky for you my Dad always has a spare of new clothes. Oh." Sulli stopped in her tracks and blushed when she saw Chanyeol holding her baby picture.
"You're so cute in here." Chanyeol commented, smiling at her.
"Thanks, but give me that." she reached her picture and placed them on the mantlepiece again. "Here's your clothes. The rest room is just on the left from this room, okay?" 

Chanyeol nodded and left to change his clothes. After changing, he came back carrying his wet clothes.
"Where should I put these?" he asked Sulli.
"Just hang it outside, then you can take it before you go home."

Chanyeol obliged. Then he went back to the guest room and placed a wet phone on the table.
"I'm dead. I can't afford to buy another phone." he looked sadly at his damaged Iphone.

Sulli decided not to ask further questions, for she knew that Chanyeol's status were not the same as theirs.

"That Krystal Jung and Kris Wu are jerks." she spat.
"Don't blame Krystal, Sulli... I told her to push me in the pool anyways." Chanyeol defended.

Sulli raised an eyebrow.

"You heard her, she said that she'll still push you even if you don't say so because she wants to save her neck. What a selfish girl." she clicked her tounge in dislike of Krystal.
"Let it go Sulli,what's done is done." Chanyeol looked around the room. "Where are your parents?"
"In Japan. They'll be there for a week." Sulli answered. "They're always overseas, performing and guesting on different programs, so basically, I almost live here alone."

Chanyeol looked into Sulli's sad eyes. He can feel her loneliness despite of the riches she had, and he hated seeing girls sad.

"Can I borrow your phone? I'll call Mom that I'll stay over night at a friend's house."

Sulli looked surprised but she handed her phone.

"If you're afraid of going home alone, you don't have to. I'll ride you home." she offered.

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled at her while he dialed her Mom's number. 

"It's not that. I just want to hang out with my friend." he tapped the green button and held the phone near his left ear. "Eomma? It's me Chanyeol... Yes, can I stay over night at my friend's house?... Ani, we're not drinking.... Yes eomma. I love you too." he ended his call and gave Sulli her phone back.

"So, what should we do now??" he asked her excitedly.

After 45 minutes....

Everything was set. Popcorns, doughnuts, fruit juice, water, M & Ms, and last, movie DVDs.

"Oh please Sulli... not Insidious.. pleaseee.." Chanyeol pleaded.

Sulli chuckled but she still picked the DVD with a cover of a boy in devilish eyes standing in front of a white house. 

"But I haven't been able to watch it for ages." she put the cd inside the DVD player and played the movie. Then she stood up and switched the lights off.

Chanyeol bit his lower lip fearfully and hugged his pillow.

*I think I won't be able to sleep tonight* he thought.

The movie started. Chanyeol was calm at first. It was just some conversations anyways.

But at the middle of the movie, the ghosts and devils started to popped up.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" the lead character gave an ear-splitting screech.

Chanyeol gripped Sulli's arm hardly, but he kept his eyes open.

"It's just a movie... They're not real.." he muttered repeatedly. Sulli stiffled her laughter and continued watching. As the movie progressess, Chanyeol's grip tightened more and more. 
"Chanyeol, seriously, it's painful." she said, pointing at her arms. "Silly you, it's not even scary"
"Oh, sorry." he loosened his grip, which was a mistake, because it was the time when the devil's face appeared.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"
"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Sulli and Chanyeol screamed their lungs out. They were hugging each other, their hearts beating so loudly because of the shock. They didn't calm down until the man was able to get his son out. Realizing that they were hugging, they moved away instantly and looked away from each other.

"I thought the movie wasn't scary?" Chanyeol asked, smriking.
"It.. It isn't." Sulli said, but her face was pale.

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow amusedly.

"Yeah right."

***

It was Monday, and that means another torturous day for Chanyeol. He parked his bike below one of the room windows and walked inside the main building.

He was too early for school but he liked it that way. That means there were still few students around and he can walk around more peacefully. He went straight to their Algebra room and sat in his usual sit (the front row). His classmates took the seats far from him, which meant that Krystal was left with the empty seats near him again.

Krystal walked in the room looking tired.The bags under her eyes were visible even with the help of makeup. Chanyeol looked to her worriedly.

"Good morning Krystal! Are you okay? Did you have enough sleep?" Chanyeol asked concernedly, like nothing happened last Saturday.

Krystal took the seat next to his right and ignored him. Their instructor came in minutes later, and the whole room was quiet for their lecture.

After class, Chanyeol approached Krystal immediately.

"You look like you didn't get some sleep Krystal. Are you sure you're okay?".

Krystal fixed her things and put it in her bag. She faced Chanyeol.

"Move, I need to go to my next class." she said.
"I can walk you there," Chanyeol offered.
"I don't need to. And..." her eyes looked at the doorway and she smirked. "You're girl friend's waiting." she pushed Chanyeol out of the way and went outside the room.

Chanyeol looked around. Sulli was in the doorway, holding her violin case and smiling at him.

"Hi." she greeted.
"Why are you here?" Chanyeol asked. Then he frowned as he looked into Sulli's face. "Wait, what happened to you?" he softly touched her right cheek. It was swollen. "Who did this to you?"
"It's.. nothing. I just, bumped myself into .. uh... window sill." she said.

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

"Really?"
"Really." 

He nodded, believing her. "Okay, but that doesn't expain why you're here. We can meet at our classroom anyways."
"Uhh,, is something wrong with that?" she asked.
"No." Chanyeol looked into Krystal's direction. She was surrounded by her admirers. "Let's go?" 

The two of them walked outside f(x) building.

Meanwhile, Krystal, who was being bombarded by her "admirers" looked at the place where Chanyeol and Sulli had been.

Sulli kept looking back at her shoulders as if she was afraid something will hit her. Chanyeol, who was oblivious of anything, continued walking.

"Heeeey Carrot-headddd, did you have fun at the pool last Saturday?"
"That's so entertaining carrot head! You should do it again!"
"I'll pay you 300 yen if you let me push you.!"

Taunt after taunt were thrown at Chanyeol as they walked on the corridor.

"Jerks." Sulli muttered.
"Let them Sulli, it doesn't matter. After you." he opened the door for Sulli before entering the room himself.

The day snailed by. Sulli and Chanyeol decided to meet up after dismissal to hang out for a while. So at 5 o'clock, Chanyeol was waiting outside Sulli's room. He smiled at her jovially.

"Ayo! Where should we go?" he asked excitedly.
"Where do you want to go?"
"I want to go to the park, to the beach, to Eiffel Tower, to.."
"Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on. I'm not taking you to Eiffel Tower." she said, laughing,
"I know. But someday, I will take someone there." he answered dreamily.

Sulli kept quiet for a moment until they walked outside the main building. They went towards Chanyeol's bike first but stopped.

"Oh my God.." Sulli gasped.

Chanyeol's bike was brutally broken into pieces. The tires were torn, the chains were dangling lopsidedly, the handles were removed, and the whole bike was crumpled.

"They're so horrible! It's too much!" Sulli cried.
"SULLI!" Chanyeol pulled Sulli close to him and put a protective body around her. Raw eggs were thrown at Sulli's direction but it was Chanyeol who took everything.

"Here's one for you !"
"Take that carrot head!"
"Chanyeol...." Sulli said weakly. He was looking at Chanyeol's face. He was simply closing his eyes while he let his schoolmates throw eggs at him.

Soon the throwing game stopped and Chanyeol straightened up.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 

Sulli nodded.

SPLAT.

Sulli and Chanyeol stared at each other, wide-eyed. For Chanyeol's experience, it was his second time that someone dumped paint on him, and for Sulli, it was her first time.

They looked up. Kris and his friends, Tao and Xiumin, were peering outside the window, holding a pail of paint upside down above them. Everyone laughed.

"Wooohhoo!!"
"Hahahaha!!"
"Kris Wu never breaks his promise. I told you that you'll regret this freshman." Kris leered at Sulli.

Sulli glared at Kris.

"I can't think of the best word to say to a horrible --- monster like you!" she yelled.

Kris laughed.

"I'm not horrible. I'm just handsome." he said arrogantly.

It was Chanyeol's time to yank Sulli away from the crowd.

From afar, Krystal and her friends also witnessed the incident.

"That carrot head is something of a knight in shining armor isn't he?" Amber asked. Their other friend Luna nodded.
"What do you think Krystal?" she asked.

Krystal looked at Chanyeol and Sulli's retreating backs.

"They look awful together." she answered.

"Where are we going Chanyeol?"
"Where's your car?" he asked.
"There." she pointed at the blue Hyundai near them. They went towards it.
"I can't drive, but let's go straight to our home." he said.
"I'm fine -"
"Please Sulli. Just get in. 'kay?" he smiled at her and she nodded. 
"My house is less than 15 minutes from here by car. To the left." he pointed the direction.

They soon arrived at Chanyeol's small house. Sulli looked around, amazed.

"Wow Chanyeol your house is very neat." she complimented.
"Thanks, my Mom's really strict when it comes to neatness and cleanliness. Here's my room." They reached the second floor and entered Chanyeol's room. It was just a small, square room painted in orange, with a small bathroom at its right. The space inside was taken mostly of book shelves with numerous of books inside - geology, geometry, physics, chemistry, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. There was a small bed at the middle and a small desk beside it, plus some of Chanyeol's selected movie collection.

Sulli roamed around the room. She peered into his bookshelves and chuckled.

"You read Twilight?" she asked.
"Yeah..." Chanyeol answered, scratching the back of his neck.

Sulli went over his desk and peered into his movie collection.

"These were... um, unusual taste for movies," she commented. Holding out dvds of the movie Tangled, Twilight and Confessions of a Drama Queen.

Chanyeol blushed.

"They're really good.." he defended. Then he went towards his closet and gave Sulli a pair of large shirt and a towel. "Here, use this. I don't have some shorts available, it was all in the laundry... The bathroom's on the right."
"It's okay, thanks.."

Sulli nodded and she took a quick bath. Chanyeol was downstairs preparing something to eat when Sulli called him from upstairs.

"Chanyeol, I'm done.! Your turn."

Chanyeol went upstairs again and opened the door. His shirt was way big for Sulli. It almost reached her knees.

"You're such a tall man. Look at you shirt, I feel like I'm an elf or something." she said. Chanyeol laughed then he too, took his bath.

While Chanyeol was took his shower, Sulli examined more his room. She noticed something...

*I like someone else* She remembered Chanyeol saying that last time.

There was a sound of the shower turned off then Chanyeol went outside the bath room, shirtless. Sulli looked briefly at his bare chest and blushed furiously.

"U-um. Hey.. I.. uhh,noticed something." she stuttered, looking away from his chest and changing the subject.
"Huh? What is it?" 

Sulli pointed at his hand-made calendar.

"Are you a fan of Krystal?" she asked.

He smiled. "You can say that... but, well. Krystal was my childhood friend. And, um..."
"She's the reason why you entered SM High, am I right?"

Chanyeol nodded.

"But it seems like she doesn't know you at all." she said.
"I believe in Krystal. Maybe she has her reasons... but, I will always believe in her." he looked to Sulli with his shining eyes. "One day, I'll see her smile again, then I will capture her first smile." he said, nodding towards the camera on his desk.

"Yeol, Oh thank goodness you're early -"

Mrs. Park stopped at the doorway. She looked thunderstruck at the sight of the shirtless Chanyeol and Sulli who was wearing only Chanyeol's shirt. She looked from surprised to suddenly stern.

"Park Chanyeol explain what is this right now." she said in her strict voice.

*Oh no. It's another long story* Chanyeol thought.