Losers and Friends

Carrot-Head Chanyeol

Entry 7

He sat at the farthermost corner of the room and cried at the empty classroom noisily. His clothes were slightly torn and there were broken pencils and crayons scattered on the floor. The door opened and a beautiful girl sat beside him. Chanyeol stopped crying and looked at her.

"Why are you here?" he asked, hiccuping slightly.
"I want to sit beside you." she replied.
"Why?? I'm a -l -loserrrrr..." his voice faltered. "Uwaaa!!!" He started crying again, fresh tears fell down on his cheeks.
"Stop crying.. Here" she gave him a handkerchief. "You look ugly when you cry, do you know that?"

Chanyeol shook his head. 

"You should always smile. Show your teeth everytime, so that they will not tease you anymore." then she gave him a dazzling smile. "My name is Krystal Jung. What's your name?"

He wiped his face using her handkerchief then he answered. "I'm Park Chanyeol."
"Ok, Park Chanyeol, let's be friends." she held out her hand and smiled at him.

Chanyeol looked at her outstretched hand.

"But they will tease you too if we became friends.."
"I don't care. Unlike them, I don't think you're a loser."

Chanyeol beamed at her. "Really?" Krystal nodded. Then he eagerly shook her hand.

---

It was another boring day for the students of SM High, but it was an exciting one for Chanyeol. He tiptoed on his seat while he look every now and then at their classroom's door, waiting for Krystal to enter. It was 7: 50 a.m., and she was almost late for their first class.

 

*Come one Krystal, where are you? It's usually me who's always being late..* Chanyeol thought.

The clock continued ticking. At last, Krystal came in, with larger bags under her eyes and looking more tired than ever. Chanyeol waved and beamed at her energetically.

"Good morning Krystal! Did you eat your breakfast.?" he asked.

Krystal took her usual seat beside him and buried her face on the desk.

"Go away." she grunted.
"Aren't you feeling well Krystal?" Chanyeol asked concernedly.

Krystal ignored him. After a few minutes, Chanyeol could've sworn that she was already sleeping. The bell rang and she suddenly jerked her head upwards. Then their Algeba instructor walked in.

"Good morning class." he said.
"Good morning Sir Go" the class chorused. 

*Good morning Sir Duck Face* Chanyeol thought.

"Alright, pass your homeworks." Sir Go said, turning his back to the class and facing the white board. He wrote a few things while the class rummaged their bags for their assignments.

Chanyeol took his papers from his bag when he noticed that Krystal was biting her lower lip. There are no papers on her desk.

"On the count of three, I want all your papers on my desk. To those who don't have their assignments, you know my rules, get out!"

Everyone passed their papers except for Krystal. Chanyeol placed his papers back in his bag and raised his hand.

"What Mr. Park?" Sir Go asked sternly.
"Sir, I don't have my assignment." he said.
"Then get out of here! How about you Ms. Jung?" he turned to Krystal who shook her head.
"I don't have mine too sir." she mumbled.
"You know what to do. And as your punishment, you will clean this classroom after your dismissal."
"What? That's not fair sir!" Krystal protested.
"It is fair Ms. Jung, for you to learn your lesson." Sir Go growled. He faced the board again and continued writing.

Krystal stormed outside and Chanyeol followed her on the silent corridor. Everyone was inside their classrooms now.

"Are you alright?" he asked.
"Do you think I'm alright?!" she snapped.

Chanyeol did not respond. Instead, he put his palm on her forehead and felt her temperature.

"You're not feeling well."
"I'm fine." she slapped his hand and walked away.
"Where are you going?"
"To a place where I can't see your ugly face! Don't you follow me Park Chanyeol!"

Krystal rounded her eyes and put her hands on . Chanyeol was gaping at her for a few seconds. Then, his face split into a wide smile.

"You said my name -" he said happily.
"I DIDN'T!" then she walked away from him.
"KRYSTAL SAID MY NAME!!!" Chanyeol shouted loudly in the corridor. A few teachers glared at him from their rooms. He smiled at them apologetically then he turned his camera on and snapped a picture of Krystal's back.

*I need to record the day when she said my name!* he thought happily. He ran outside f(x) building and waited in front of Sulli's first class. After two hours, their class finally ended. Chanyeol waved at her more energetically and Sulli did not miss his extra energy.

"You look happier today." she commented.

Chanyeol nodded his head.

"Krystal said my name!" he beamed at her, his smile reaching his ears.
"Oh, well, that's great." Sulli said.
"It is, isn't it?" Chanyeol looked up the space dreamily. "So, let's go to our next class?"

***

Chanyeol wanted to end his class soon. He fidgeted on his seat and kept on looking at his watch. Soon, Sulli had the courage to ask him something.

"What's bugging you lately?"
"I'm patiently waiting for our classes to end. Then I can clean our Algebra room!" he answered.
"What's so exciting in cleaning a room? And why are going to clean?"
"I didn't do my homework."

Sulli raised her eyebrow.

"The nerdy Chanyeol of SM High did not do his homework?" she asked skeptically.

Chanyeol grinned and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Actually, I did not pass my homework. I saw that Krystal didn't have one to and I don't want her to wait outside the room all by herself.."
"So it's still about Krystal." Sulli said. "Then I'm guessing that she's also the reason why you want to end your class?"

Chanyeol nodded.

*You are so in love with her.* Sulli said to herself.

At 5 p.m., Chanyeol waved good bye at Sulli and proceeded to their Algebra room. Krystal, who was looking glum, was already at their classroom, together with their instructor.

"Good everyone's here." Sir Go looked at Krystal and Chanyeol. "I want this room spotless tomorrow, you two understand that?" The two of them nodded in response.  "The next time you don't do your homework, your punishment will be harder than this." he gave them a long, hard look then he walked away.

When he closed the door, Krystal snorted.

"He really enjoys giving punishment. How I love to give him one too." she strode towards the white board and wiped it clumsily. "This is boring." she said.
"It's okay Krystal, at least we're together." Chanyeol joined her from cleaning the board.

Krystal looked at him disgustedly.

"Stay away from me. If anyone sees the two of us, they'll think that I'm befriending a loser." 

Chanyeol looked sadly at her.

"But you said that you don't care."

She stopped wiping the board and turned around to face him.

"Did I? Well I can't remember anymore. UGH. I'm done with this!" she threw the rug irritably and grabbed her bag. "Clean this room yourself." then she snapped the door shut.

Chanyeol looked down and picked the rug.

"I don't care. Unlike them, I don't think you're a loser."

*I know you didn't forget about that Krystal.*

***

Krystal entered her car and slammed the door shut. She was in a really bad mood now. She started her engine and drove fast to Crystallize.

*I'm late, and it's that Go's fault!* she thought angrily. After a few minutes of driving, she stopped in front of their building and entered inside.. The employees greeted her as usual but this time, she did not ignore them but snapped at their crooked ties, dusty shoes and every little things she can spot.

"You call this cleaning?! Are you blind or what?!"
"What do you think's the year we're in? It's 2013, not 1880! Change your shoes!"
"Your makeup is too thick! Is this a resto bar for you?!"
"What are you looking at?? You want to lose your job?!"

She slammed her office door shut and shuffled at the papers laid on her table.

"Boring. Boring. Boring!" she shouted in frustration.

*I can't concentrate. I need to go now. She's waiting for me.* She stood up and walked outside her office. Her employees bowed at her again and wished her a safe trip back home, which she ignored.

When she was outside the building, she saw her car tires gone.

"What the hell -?!"
"Some nasty rugby boys took it." Kris got off from his car and smirked at her.
"You??" she hissed. "What are you doing here?"
"Oh nothing, I just happened to pass by here... You want a ride?" he nodded to his car and grinned at her.

Krystal looked at him coldly and raised her chin arrogantly.

"No thanks." she said.

She started walking pass him while Kris followed.

"It's getting dark, the rugby boys might've just been lurking somewhere here.." he whispered. "I heard that at times when they were really high, they just grabbed  random girls and...." Kris his lips. "Bam! They weren't found ever again...Witnesses swore that they're underwears where hanged on the crime scene.. you want that to happen to you too?" he asked mysteriously.

Krystal shivered but she continued walking.

"You're just trying to scare me." she said.
"Oh, I'm not. It was actually true. Do you want some proof? We can go to some of the known crime scenes lately then you can see their -"
"ALL RIGHT I GET IT!" Krystal turned around and walked the other way. She stopped in front of Kris's car and glared at him. "You want to open the door or what?" she snapped.

Kris smirked at her. He opened the car door on the driver's sear and said, "If you're thinking that I'm a gentleman, then I'm not. Open it yourself." he said.

Krystal rolled her eyes but she entered the car. She took her phone out from her bag and dialed someone's number.

"It's me. I left my car at Crystallize, pick that up. And make sure you have extra tires with you, someone stole it. You got that?" then she hung up.

He started his car and drove. Krystal frowned at him.

"You won't ask me for directions on my house?" she asked suspiciously.

Kris looked sideways and cleared his throat. "Which way?" he asked innocently.
"Turn right. And drive faster. I need to go home quick"

Kris obliged.

"You're going somewhere else?" he asked. When Krystal did not reply, he broke the silence again.

"So you and that Kai huh? That was one pathetic pairing." he scoffed.

Krystal snorted. "Yeah right. Just like you isn't it?" 
"What do you mean?"
"Well, whoever was paired on you was pretty unlucky too. I mean, look at yourself." she looked at Kris in disgust.

Kris glared. "What's wrong with me?" he asked.
"Look at your piercings, does the school even allows it? You just looked like a pathetic addict on the lose. Your hair color's disgusting too, it doesn't fit you. And that awful clothes you wear, seriously? Black shirts, spiky shoes, handkerchief on your head?" she shook her head disapprovingly. "Today's fashion is nuts."

Kris suddenly stepped on the brake, making the two of them bumped forward. Krystal was caught off guard.

"What was that all about?!"she asked angrily.

Kris leered at her. "The pathetic addict on the lose is ordering you to get out of my car." he said.
"What?!"
"You heard me, or do you want the pathetic addict to touch something on you?" he asked looking at her s.
"YOU ERT! Fine! It's not like I asked you to ride me on this stupid car! I'll just take a bus!" she pushed the door angrily and slammed it behind her. Then she walked back again and grabbed her bag from inside. "If the rugby boys did something to me, it's all your fault!" then she slammed the door again.

Kris snorted. "There's no rugby boys. I was the one who took your car tires." he muttered and drove away.

***

"Wew, done at last!" Chanyeol looked around the room, which was sparkling and spotless from dirt. He nodded proudly. "You did a great job Park Chanyeol!"he clapped his hands together and went outside the room. There were almost no students left outside and it was starting to get dark. He locked the door and when he turned around, he saw Victoria standing in front of him.

"H-hi." she greeted shyly.
"Hello Victoria!" Chanyeol smiled at her.
"Here." she handed him a handkerchief. "I did not have a chance to return this. I don't want anyone to see me talking to you." she said.

Chanyeol nodded. "I understand. But you can keep that." 
"I don't need this." she pushed the handkerchief on his hands. "T-thank you." she mumbled, her cheeks red.

He patted her head kindly. "You're welcome. Are you okay now?" he asked.

Victoria nodded. "I.. still know you as Carrot head, but.. I don't know your real name. So, what's your name?"
"Park Chanyeol." he answered, remembering the same words in grade school.

Victoria looked at him. "Can you accompany me somewhere?" she asked.
"Sure. Where are we going?"

She smiled at him mysteriously. "To my heaven."

 

"Victoria why are we here?!" Chanyeol shouted at her through the loud pounding of music and vibrant laughters and cheers of the dancing crowd around them. Glass kept on clanking on their left and right; girls and boys were already drunk; and people were swaying wildly on the dance floor like there's no tomorrow. If for Victoria, it's her heaven, to Chanyeol it's his nightmare.

"Come on Chanyeol!! Lezzz danceee!!" She tugged Chanyeol's arm and led her on the dance floor.  Victoria danced like crazy in front of him; she shook her , swayed her hips, sipped her drink, then she slung her arm around his neck and sniffed it.

"Mmmm... You smelled good Chanyeol! hic!"
"Victoria, you're drunk. Give me that." Chanyeol reached for her drink but she yanked his hand away.
"Nooo! I don't likeeeyyy" she drank the last drops from her glass. "Ah! I want moreeee"
"That's enough," Chanyeol pulled her away from the crowd and went back to their seat. Victoria immediately sat on his lap and kissed his neck.
"Hihihi, you like that Chanyeol? You want more?" she ed his polo shirt but Chanyeol stopped him.
"I'll call your Mom, give me your phone."
"Who are you , my Dad? Nooo.. Let's do something else.! You know what I mean? I'll make you happy, I'm good at this..." she kissed his neck again, going upwards, to his cheeks, then -

Chanyeol laid a soft hand on her lips, stopping her from kissing his lips. He carefully removed Victoria from his lap and looked at her seriously.

"Victoria, listen to me."
"Hic! okay! Hic!"
"Don't do this to yourself. I know what you're trying to do, but... I won't take advantage of you. Never. I respect you. So you have to respect yourself too. You're a beautiful girl, I'm sure that you'll meet someone better than Kai. Okay? Now, give me your phone and I'll call your Mom. I'm sorry I can't ride you home.. I don't know how to drive a car." he grinned sheepishly at her.

Victoria did not respond but stared at him for a long time.

"Something wrong?" he asked concernedly.

Victoria shook her head. Then she gave her phone to him.
"Right, I'll just go outside, it's too noisy in here." 

She nodded, following his back until he reached the exit door. When he was gone, she looked down at herself sadly.

"That was the first time someone said that he respected me." she told herself, touched at Chanyeol's words.