A Work of Art

Love At First Shot

"Alright class that will be all for today. You are dismissed." Professor Park said.

All the students quickly headed for the door. Eunjae was just about to reach the door when her professor stopped her.

"Miss. Kim? Can I see you for a moment?" she asked.

"Ah, yes?" Eunjae said.

"How is your project going?"

Eunjae had completely forgotten about the project because of all the crazy things that have happened lately, between meeting Infinite and getting hospitalized.

"Oh, about that... I--" Eunjae was interrupted by Professor Park.

"I hope you aren't too far into it because I have something else in mind for you."

Eunjae sighed to herself in relief, "Something else?"

"Yes, I was asked to nominate a student for our upcoming annual charity event."

"And you chose me?" Eunjae asked shocked.

"Indeed, I've seen how much you improved this year and thought you deserved the opportunity."

"Really? Thank you so much." Eunjae bowed. "What is it that I have to do?"

"Well, this year we will be holding a Masquerade ball where we will be auctioning off student art work to our sponsors." Her professor handed her an invitation to the ball.

"A Ball? Wow, that's pretty extravagant. And is there certain criteria?

"All they're giving you is the word 'Masquerade' itself."

"Ah... Okay. Thank you so much professor once again!" Eunjae bowed and headed for the door.

"I'm expecting a work of art from you, Miss Kim."

"Yes, I won't let you down Professor." A work of art.

 

Eunjae walked out the front gates of the campus and took out her phone to call her mom.

It took a few rings, but she finally answered.

"Hello? Eunjae-ah?"

"Umma? Sorry I haven't called in so long! I miss you!"

"Yah, Eunjae-ah. You know it makes me sad when you don't call often!"

"Sorry Umma. It's just that there have been crazy things happening to me lately."

"Like what?" Her mom asked. Eunjae was reluctant to tell her mother what had happened.

" Umma? Don't panic okay?"

Eunjae walked onto the bus that had just pulled up to the bus stop.

"What? Why would I panic?"

"I was hospitalized...."

"WHAT? AND WHY?" Eunjae winced at her mother shouting through the phone.

"I was attacked by some crazy fan girls.... But don't worry! I'm totally fine now!" Eunjae nervously laughed trying to make her mother lighten up.

"Fan girls?! How strange! Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

" Because I was afraid that you'd be like this! But I have even weirder news Umma!"

"What? What else?" She asked nervously.

"Those fans I was attacked by were fans of Infinite and guess what? I met them!"

"Aren't those the kpop boys you love?"

"I don't LOVE them, well I guess I do a little." Eunjae had to admit. "You know what's even crazier? I'm friends with them now!"

"What? Well fate must of brought you together with them. I remember you got so excited whenever you saw them on TV."

"Gosh Umma, don't make me feel embarrassed."

"Sorry daughter."  she laughed.

Just as Eunjae was feeling relieved to sense that her mother wasn't angry anymore, "Yah Eunjae-ah! Don't try to get off the subject! I'm still upset at you!"

"But I have even better news! I was nominated by a professor for a big charity event to make a piece. " The bus arrived to the stop by Eunjae's apartment so she walked off the bus.

"That's great my daughter! I can feel assured now that you're doing well all by yourself."

"Umma I'm sorry, but I'm doing just fine now so don't worry at all!" Eunjae said.

"Alright! I love you Eunjae-ah! Sleep tight and be safe!"

Eunjae punched in the code to her apartment and walked inside.

"I love you too Umma! Please come and visit and make me some food okay? Bye!" Eunjae smiled as she hung up. She looked at the charity ball invitation in her hand once again.

"Was that your mom?" Someone asked as they leaned over to Eunjae.

Eunjae looked up and screamed, "AHHHH!"