"Masquerade"

Love At First Shot

The charity event would be in three weeks so Eunjae needed to begin right away. She had to brainstorm quickly.

Eunjae thought to herself, "Masquerade....Masquerade...." She tapped her pencil on  her chin and tried to think.

She decided to look up the official meaning of the word. She clicked and scrolled through several pages of definitions.

 

Masquerade: A party, dance, or other festive gathering of persons wearing masks and other disguises and costumes

A costume of disguise, false outward show, to disguise oneself.....

 

Eunjae's mind felt completely empty, but her stomach was too.

She got up from her desk to get a snack when she accidentally knocked her sketch book over. It opened to a drawing of Infinite.

Eunjae looked at the drawing, "Infinite? That's it!" Eunjae finally put the pieces together. She quickly got back to her desk.

Although Infinite is very honest and shows their different characters to their fans, there is always a hidden piece of each individual. Everyone has their own disguise and puts on their own masquerade.

Once again, Infinite had become Eunjae's inspiration. She began creating idea upon idea and drew them onto paper.

 

"Nice rehearsal guys. I think you're done for today!" The choreographer said.

The boys sighed in relief and rested. Their manager hyung decided to gather all the rest of the boys secretly while Hoya and Myungsoo were out of the room.

The hyung quietly huddled them over and said, "Hey guys, so Hoya and Myungsoo are scheduled for Running Man next week and I need to secretly find a friend to be a surprise for them on the show. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Does it have to be a celebrity?" Sungjong asked.

"No. Like a childhood friend or some close friend. It would be better to have anyone the both know." Hyung said.

"Hmmm... who do they both know?"Sungyeol thought.

"How about Eunjae?" Sungjong asked. "They both know her and she could completely surprise them too!"

"Oh that's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?" Hyung scratched his head.

"No fair! Why didn't I get scheduled for this?" Woohyun said.

"I'll go and call her over right now." Hyung went out of the room and called Eunjae's number.

 

 Eunjae heard her phone begin to ring so she dove onto her bed to pick up the call.

"Hello?" Eunjae answered.

"Hello again Eunjae-shi. Do you remember me? I'm Infinite's manager. I have something to talk to you about. The boys just finished rehearsal so could you come over here?"

"Oh okay. Be right there."

"And do not say anything to Hoya or L, okay?"

"Sure?"

Eunjae became puzzled as to what he needed to talk to her about. Eunjae was so used to seeing Infinite so much that she wasn't even fazed by them as celebrities anymore. They were practically some of her only friends in Korea.

She just happily left the house in her comfortable outfit.

 

Eunjae arrived to the rehearsal room and of course, was first approached by Hoya and L.

"Eunjae-ah? What are you doing here?" Hoya asked along with L, both having a surprised expression on their faces.

"I...I uhhh..." Eunjae had no idea what to say, remembering she wasn't supposed to say anything to the two.

Then, Woohyun came to the rescue at the right time.

"Eunjae-ah! In here!" he gestured her over.

"See ya guys," Eunjae quickly turned and ran over to the room. Hoya and L looked at each other. They were very puzzled at Eunjae's strange behavior and wondered why the boys locked them out of the room.

 

Woohun closed the door behind him. 

"Whew... That's was a close one. You came just at the right time Woohyun oppa. I had no clue of what I was supposed to tell them." Eunjae said as Woohyun replied with a smile. She walked over to the group of boys huddled over in the corner of the room.

"So Eunjae-shi, I called you over because the boys made a good suggestion." Manager hyung said. Eunjae was still very confused. "Hoya and L will be on Running Man next week and I was asked to secretly find a friend to surprise them on the show."

"And your telling me to do that?" Eunjae said shocked. "I'm sure they have plenty of celebrity friends to choose from."

"They want a non-celebrity friend and the boys came up with you." He informed.

"Really? W hat do I have to do?"

"I'll inform your of all the shooting detail and stuff beforehand. You will arrive and be on a team with Hoya and L. They will have no clue you're coming. Also, there will a time in the game where you and other people's friends will change sides and attack Hoya, L, and the other guests. You must be a secret spy at all times."

Eunjae was thrilled at this opportunity to go on one of her favorite variety shows. She couldn't wait to surprise Hoya and Myungsoo, but she grew nervous thinking of appearing on TV.

"Okay. Got it. This is going to be good." Eunjae nodded and smiled in determination.

Now she had to put on a masquerade for Hoya and Myungsoo.