Date#2: Sungyeol

Love At First Shot

 

Eunjae was now staying after school for several hours throughout the weeks leading to the Charity event.

She worked on a series of seven huge canvases for her piece. She loved and enjoyed painting the most so nothing was every difficult or tiring. 

She loved having a brush in her hand and didn't care if paint got all over her. Art was her escape from her boring life. Now that Eunjae's met Infinite her life is certainly not boring anymore though. 

 

Sometime today, Sungyeol would call for their very short date.

 

She was feeling guilty taking time out of Infinite's busy schedule all the time. Even when she tried to tell the boys again that there was no need for her to go on a date with each of them, they continually insisted. Eunjae couldn't help but loving Infinite even more after she got to know them. 

Her life felt like the dream she had always been fantasizing about. Magically running into Infinite by chance .

Somehow she really became friends with them.

Eunjae stepped back to see her progress on her project.  She dabbed some paint onto her brush to make an edge cleaner.

 

~Ring!~Ring!~Ring~ Man in Love

"Hello? Hey Sungyeol oppa!"Eunjae answered.

"Hey Eunjae-ah! Sorry, I think I can only squeeze in a really late dinner date if that's okay. But you're going to be surprised~" Sungyeol said.

"I would be  thankful if I literally had a snack with you. I totally get that you're busy. You're one of the biggest kpop stars in the world!"

"Aww Eunjae~ you flatter me too much." he joked. "I'll meet you at the restaurant okay?"

"Got it!"

Eunjae still had a couple hours until the date so she decided to continue working on her project.

 

 

 "Hey boys? Can I ask you guys something real quick?" CEO Jeong Yeop asked.

"Yeah! What's up?" All of the boys gathered around.

"So who's this Eunjae girl I hear all of you guys are dating?"he questioned.

"Well not really dating, just one date, but she is an amazing girl." Woohyun said.

"Yeah she got hurt because of us so we wanted to do something for her." Hoya added.

"She got hurt because of you?" CEO questioned.

"Well, it's a long story. We ended up meeting her and afterwards when we said goodbye to her, she was attacked was some sasaeng fans."Sunggyu clarified.

"Interesting..."

"I got to go guys or else I'll be late!" Sungyeol said.

"And where are you going in the midst of practice?" CEO asked.

"I had to squeeze in Eunjae's date with me sometime so I'll be back really quickly okay? Please?"

"You better be careful." he said and then turned around to the rest of the boys. "ALL of you." He eyed eac. one of them.

CEO quietly walked over to Infinite's manager. "Is she the girl that's going to be scheduled with Hoya and Myungsoo next week on that variety show?" he asked.

"Yup."

"Well I'll have to keep my eye out on this girl."

 

 

Eunjae walked into the restaurant and skimmed the place for Sungyeol.

 

"Can I help you Miss?" a waitress asked.

"Oh, I'm here for a reservation  I think? He must not be here yet."

"May I ask for your name?"

"Kim Eunjae."

"Ah, yes. Right this way." The waitress then guided Eunjae further into the restaurant and in front for the kitchen.

Eunjae was puzzled as to why she was brought there.

"He will be in here." the waitress gestured and walked away.

Eunjae lightly pushed through the kitchen doors and slowly walked in.

"Eunjae-ah! Over here!" Sungyeol said. He motioned her to quickly come.

"Oppa? What are we doing in the kitchen?" Eunjae asked.

"What else are we going to do? Cook!" Sungyeol handed Eunjae and apron.

On the counter were several different ingredients: all sorts of vegetables, meats and seasonings.

"I've always wanted to cook for a girl." Sungyeol smiled. "Let's get started."

"How'd you get this place?" Eunjae asked.

"Connections Eunjae. Connections." he laughed.

They started chopping up vegetables and grilling meat. The aroma of the great food filled the whole kitchen.

They also learned how to make pasta from scratch. Both of them started with kneading the dough.

Sungyeol saw that Eunjae working so vigorously and took the chance to smear flour all over her cheek.

"Hey!" Eunjae yelled. She covered both of her hands in flour and smeared flour onto both of Sungyeol's cheeks. "Ha! In your face."

"Okay. now were even." They laughed at each other's ridiculous faces.

 

After much chopping and cooking they finally got to taste their creations.

"Hey not bad." Sungyeol smiled in contentment.

"Not bad... for a choding!" She giggled.

"Hey! I'm not a choding anymore!" He said. "Got room for dessert?"

" I'm always up for dessert."

Sungyeol brought out a small cream cake for them to share.

"Although I didn't make this, it'll still taste pretty good." Sungyeol gave Eunjae a fork and dug in.

 

"I'll make you a cake next time okay?" Eunjae said. "I love baking stuff so tell me any time and I'll send you guys some."

"Really! That would be great!" Sungyeol happily nodded. He looked down at his watch to see that he was already late.

"Eunjae, sorry but  my time's already up." he frowned. "I wish I could stay and talk with you more." Sungyeol gave  her a quick hug.

"Oh, no not at all! I had so much fun with you!"

"Me too! We have to meet up again! Got it?" Sungyeol waved and ran out the kitchen.

"Bye!" Eunjae waved back.

 

 

"Ugh! This isn't fair!" Sungyeol complained in the car ride. "Woohyun got to have so much more time with Eunjae!"

"Be glad you even had room for a couple of hours! You're an idol if you haven't forgotten already. You've got a thing called a schedule." Manager hyung said.

Sungyeol sighed loudly and slouched back into his seat. "and having a schedule means having no social life." he grumbled.

When Eunjae arrived home, there was a very large package by her door.

"Hmm what's this?" She picked it up and opened her door. Eunjae quickly placed it on her bed and got some scissors to open the huge box.

She checked the outside label to see that it was from her parents.

A card was placed on top of all bubble wrap.

 

To my lovely daughter:

Have you been doing well all alone honey? Dad misses you! Sorry we haven't visited you in so long. We hope to come see you very soon though. We know it's still very early until your birthday, but I wanted to get you something. I remember how you had asked to learn guitar. I'm sorry I never got around to teaching you. Here's a little something from me. Happy early birthday!

 

Love,

Appa.

 

 Eunjae put the letter down and removed all the packaging and bubble wrap.

 

A guitar!

Eunjae squealed with a happiness. It was just the right size and her favorite color.

Now all she had to do was actually learn how to play.