Cinderella for a day

Love At First Shot

Eunjae dreamed of a day where she could go to a masquerade ball with the perfect delicate mask to go with a gown.

Though it wasn't exact to her fantasy, it was close enough. She slipped on a navy chiffon floor-length gown that flowed with each step she took. Eunjae had her hair in loose curls, half up half down, to perfecty frame her face with her delicate makeup. "I haven't gotten to be this fancy in forever!" Eunjae cheered to herself.

She hurriedly put her heels on and headed out. 

 

She felt her phone buzz a few times and a smile lit her face when she read her texts. She opened up her group text. 

Eunjae arrived early to the location of the ball and entered through two grand doors. She arrived to where her pieces would be displayed. Seven huge canvases lined up next to each other with the perfect amount of spotlight to highlight each of the paintings. Pleased with the displa,y she stood by and waited for the event to begin start soon.

Eunjae hears someone's heels clicking behind her. She turns around to see the girl in her drawing class, Minji.

One fact about Eunjae was that if you gave her the wrong first impression, she would not like you from that point on. That was the case for Minji, Minji walked up to examin Eunjae's paintings. With her high pitched voice Minji said, "Hmmm, cute piece. Though it seems a bit mediocre for such an important event don't you think?"

"Hello to you too, Minji," Eunjae said as she surpressed her anger underneath a fake smile. 

"Hi.... What was your name again?"

"Eunjae," She growled.

"Ah, Eunjae. You should come by my piece! It's sure to wow you."

Eunjae mumbled under her breath, "I'm sure it will."

"Sorry, what did you say?'

"Oh nothing, Enjoy your night," Eunjae smiled again and turned around to find anyone else to speak with. 

"Professor!" Eunjae waved. 

"Eunjae! Are you ready for the night?" Professor Kim smiled. 

"Of course! I'm so glad I'm here. I haven't dressed up in a while." 

"I'm so glad. I'll see you later tonight then." Professor nodded and left to continue on final touches for the ball. 

 

"So how in the world are we going to this?"Sunggyu asked.

"How are we supposed to pull this off?" Dongwoo added, 

"We have to surprise her!" Hoya schemed. "We can't just not see her on her birthday!"

"We have schedules back to back though," Sunggyu pointed out and crossed his arms together.

"I know, I know. That's why we're sneaking out for just a bit!" Woohyun said. "I even found us masks! Tadaaa~ It's a masquerade ball! Cool right?" Woohyun took out masks from his bag. 

"Sneaking out?!"Sunggyu yelled.

"SHHH!!!" Woohyun looked around incase anyone heard. "Having it a secret is part of the whole sneaking out thing, you know."

"Ok fine. For Eunjae," Sunggyu agreed. 

"That's the spirit" Woohyun grinned. 

"What happens if and when we get caught?" Myungsoo asked.

"Well hopefully these masked work like their supposed to," Hoya said as he tried a mask on.

 

The ball officiall starts and Eunjae begins to mingle with a few people, though it's difficult to tell who is who with all the masks. 

Someone tapped Eunjae on the shoulder. Eunjae looks over to see a tall guy extending a glass to her.

"Oh, sorry. I don't drink," Eunjae said as she waved her hands at the drink.

"Really? My apologies." 

"Thank you though, "

"Would you in turn, have a dance?" He put down his glass and extended his hand instead. Eunjae kindly agreed though she wasn't much of a dancer.

 They swayed back and forth across the dim dancefloor. The spotlights focused on the art work all around the venue as if they were the main stars of the show. 

"I'm Lee Daeho. If you look over there, that's my work." He nodded his head over to the left.

"Oh, really? My piece is right next to yours," Eunjae pointed out.

"I'll have to go and look at those soon."

They continued to have small talk and dance. Eunjae was a bit nervous to this new person, but he seemed like a nice person. From what Eunjae could tell he had a sculpted face and broad shoulders. She was flatter that he would even think to approach her.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name," Lee Daeho realized.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is--," Eunjae began, but something caught her eye as she looked over his shoulder. 

Seven familiar masked boys entered the ballroom with dashing suits on. 

"Will you excuse me," Eunjae didn't even bother to look back at the man she had just met. He was left by the mystery girl so suddenly. He would have to find out her name later.

Eunjae thought to herself,  No way that's them. They told me they were so busy today. I was sure they didn't have the time... It can't be anyone else though.

She tried to make her way through the crowd as she had lost sight of those boys. 

All of a sudden someone grabbed her hand and pulled her into dance. 

"Woah! Hey! You-- Sunggyu oppa?" Eunjae squinted her eyes, trying to decipher who was behind the mask.

"Shhh.. It's a masquerade right? Secret identities," He smiled. 

"I though you guys were packed with schedules," 

"We found a way. Oh Happy Birthday by the way!' 

"You guys really didn't need to. Thanks," Eunjae said though she was so glad that they were here.

"Where are the rest of them?" 

"I'm not exactly sure..." They continued to dance for a little. 

 

The rest of the boys were looking around at the art until they came across Eunjae's. 

"Wow," Myungsoo stood in awe of Eunjae's paintings. 

"These are great," Woohyun said. 

Sunggyu walked over with Eunjae and they finally saw them. 

"Eunjaeah! You're so talented!" Woohyun hugged her. Eunjae couldn't help but feel the excitement in her pounding heart at the sight of seven dashing men in front of her. Their suits looked so nice on them. 

"You guys look great!" Eunjae said.

"You're the prettiest one here, " Sungjong complimented her. 

"Hey, let's dance," Hoya grabbed Eunjae's hand and Eunjae's heart jumped again. They headed for the dancefloor as hoya waved away to the others.

"Hey! I wanted to!" Woohyun pouted. 

Each of them took turns dancing with her for a quick minute or so. They had to leave quickly, but each wanted a dance.

Myungsoo was the last to dance with Eunjae. 

Eunjae couldn't stop her heart from pounding so quickly. Eunjae was so close to Myungsoo as they danced that she could barely breathe.

"Happy birthday Eunjae," Myungsoo smiled.

"Thank you. It's been a crazy night already,"

"Oh most definitely." They laughed together. 

"Time to go," Woohyun butted in as he pointed to his watch.

"Hey, aren't I supposed to be the one that mysteriously disappears from the ball?" Eunjae giggled. 

"You're princes are leaving at the of, well, 8 o'clock. Not quite midnight but still. We must leave before the magic disappears," Woohyun laughed at his joke.

"Bye~" They all waved and discreetly left.

Another dream seemed to have just happened. This was the best birthday Eunjae ever had by far. 

The night came to an end and Eunjae's piece was sold quickly. It was maybe the best night of her life. Eunjae felt like she was floating on clouds. She was so happy.


 

Double update ehhh??? How's it going? Hopefully this isn't boring you to death... Enjoy!