Variety Show Star?

Love At First Shot

"Hello, I am Hoya and L's surprise friend."

Both Hoya and Myungsoo couldn't believe who was in front of their eyes. Their jaws dropped in complete and utter shock.

"Eunjae-ah!" Both of them yelled.

"Yah! How could you keep this a secret from us?" Hoya said while Myungsoo was still collapsing from laughter. Eunjae smiled with a shrug and went to stand in between the two.

After the other friends were introduced, Hoya ended up talking about Eunjae a little bit.

"Being a idol really doesn't give you much chances to socialize, " Hoya began and every one nodded in agreement, "So meeting Eunjae was a really good thing for Infinite. Although we did become friends through weird circumstances."

"Ahhh... So Eunjae-shi?" Jaesuk asked and Eunjae nodded, "You know all of Infinite?"

"Yeah, I got to be really good friends with them in such a short period of time. I was a big fan of them before I actually met them so being friends with them has been such a blessing to me. They're all really good to me."

"Wow, youreally are a lucky girl!"

"You're our only girl here today besides Jihyo. We are probably going to be competing in many games today, so do you like sports Eunjae-shi?"

"Yes, I love playing all kinds of sports."

Hoya jumped in saying, "You can't take this friend lightly! She's so competitive that we had to play a basketball game to see who could have the last cookie!" Everyone burst out laughing. "She's really good at everything."

Eunjae couldn't help but laugh at remembering her own silliness.

 

"Now we will head to our first location."The director said, "And cut!" The staff immediately started taking down the equipment and everyone headed for the cars.

Each team got into separate vans and started for the first competition.

Eunjae got  into the car and sat in between Hoya and Myungsoo. A bunch of cameras were set up inside the car. When Eunjae went to buckle her seat belt she suddenly bonked heads with Myungsoo.

Eunjae laughed at her clumsiness. "Owww, Sorry Myungsoo oppa!"

Myungsoo laughed with her and rubbed his head, "Ouch, you've got a hard head." He ruffled Eunjae's hair.

"Hey! Watch the hair!" Eunjae said.

"Yah Eunjae-ah! Is this why you acted so weird that day we saw you last week?" Hoya said.

"I'm good at keeping secrets huh?" She smiled.

Eunjae turned to Myungsoo and asked, "Hey do I still have to call you oppa if you're only two months older than me?"

"Psh~Of course you do!"He said as he pushed Eunjae's head with his finger.

"Hey, I don't have that hard of a head," Eunjae said as she rubbed her head again.

Minho from the backseat said, " Hey Myungsoo, how long have you guys know Eunjae?"

Eunjae suddenly stopped in thought as she heard Minho say her name.

"It's been a little over a month right?"he said looking to Eunjae.

Eunjae kept her cool as she said, "Yup."

"Eunjae, are you a fan of Shinee?"Minho laughed.

"Of course I am!" Eunjae smiled. "How can I not be?"

"Hey, Eunjae! I thought you were our fan!" Myungsoo jealously said.

"Yes, I am! I will always be an Inspirit forever! Don't you worry." Eunjae giggled. "Jealous Myungsoo oppa?" Eunjae gently patted his head.

"Psh~ Would said I was jealous?" Myungsoo said as he awkwardly sniffed and cleared his throat.

"We're here!" Hoya yelled.

 

 Everyone got out of the car and walked up to the huge building. They  walked through the front doors  and entered a basketball court.

"No way. Are you telling me we have to play basketball?" Gary said.

"This is such an unfair advantage!" Ji Suk Jin said.

Everyone stood in a line in the center of the court and faced the cameras.

"Welcome to the gym. Today first competition will test your fellow friends' or foes' team work. Each team will have each member try to shoot as many baskets possible in thirty seconds. The team with the most points overall will win the game. "

"Yahh... This is nothing easy." Kwangsoo said.

 

 "Friends team, will you step up first? the director asked.

"Yes!"

Hoya nudged Eunjae and whispered to her, "Hey, you think you can get over ten?"

"Yah. You worry about yourself Oppa." Eunjae teased.

"Alright then~"

 

 The first to go was Seungho. and he got 8 baskets.

Minho got 14 baskets.

"Yah! Minho of course! You did well."

Their friends both got 10.

Next up was Myungsoo.

"Woohoo! Go Myungsoo!" Eunjae cheered. Myungsoo turned around immediately to give Eunjae a look.

"....Oppa!" Eunjae quickly added.

"Ready! Set! GO!"

The whistle blew and Myungsoo did a good job, ending with 11 baskets.

It was then Eunjae's turn.

Eunjae nervously grabbed the ball in her hand and waited for the signal. The whist blew and she made her first shot. She made eight shots, missed one, and made all the rest.

"Wah!! Eunjae is really good!" Everyone was shocked at how good Eunjae was.

"She made almost every single one!" Gary yelled.

Eunjae glowed with excitement at her success and was a little shy at the same time of all the compliments.

In total, Eunjae got thirteen.

"What? This friends is so good!"Jihyo said.

Finally, Hoya went last.

"Yay! Go Hoya Oppa!" Eunjae yelled.

Hoya got 14 shots in.  He walked up to Eunjae and stuck his tongue out at Eunjae, "Ha. I beat you!"

"By one shot!" Eunjae said.

"So. I still beat cha!"

The Foes team did pretty well for what was expected.

They got a grand total of 67.

and the Friends got 80!

"And the first win goes to the Friends team!" Everyone cheered.

Eunjae high-fived Hoya and Myungsoo, and Minho as well.

"Wow you're super good Eunjae," Minho complemented.

"Thanks. You're just as great as I expected too!" Eunjae said.

Now they were off to the next location.

 

 

When they got off the car they saw that they were at a small park.

In front of them was a field that was marked off with a huge bouncy soccer ball placed in the center of the field.

"The next competition will be crab soccer." the director announced.

"This is just an injury waiting to happen..." Eunjae mumbled to herself.

"Huh?"Hoya and Myungsoo looked at Eunjae confused.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I tend to be very prone to getting injuries, whether it be by myself or others." Eunjae laughed.

"Oh..." They both nodded.

"Alright, each team will have a goalie. Every one please step onto the field and get in crab position."

"Please pick a representative to flip the coin for who begins with the ball."

"Eunjae-ah, go!" Hoya shoved her forward.

"Heads or tails?"the referee asked.

"Heads."Eunjae confirmed.

The referee flipped the coin and it landed on heads.

"Okay! Friends will start with the ball."

"Yeah! Nice job Eunjae," Hoya high-fived her.

 

"Positions!"

"Yah! How is this fair! I'm so tall and lengthy yet I have to crawl around!" Kwangsoo yelled.

"Stop complaining and get ready."Gary said.

Seungho was decided as the goalie for the Friends team and Jihyo was the goalie for the Foes team.

TWEEET! the whistle blew and the game started.

"Yah, I'm kind of scared of Kim Jong-kook." Eunjae said.

"Who isn't?" Minho laughed.

At that moment Minho kicked the ball to L and he scored a goal.

"Yeah!" Hoya yelled.

The score was 1-0.

"Yah! Jihyo! You're supposed to stop the ball!" Jaesuk yelled.

"How was I supposed to stop it if it went over me?" Jihyo yelled back.

"Nice oppa!" Eunjae said.

Jong-kook started with the ball and kicked it hard towards the goal  except it went  right into Eunjae's head and knocked her over.

"Oh no!"

"Eunjae!"

"Yah! Jong-kookah! How could you hit it so hard right at her!" Jaesuk said.

"Eunjae! Are you okay?"Myungsoo ran over to her.

Instead of being in pain, Eunjae was laughing her head off.

"Yah! Are you really okay?" Hoya came over half laughing, half worried about her reaction.

"I'm sorry! Are you alright?" Jong-kook asked.

"I'm fine! I'm completely fine! It's just a bouncy ball." Eunjae said, out of breath from laughing so much. "What did I tell you? I'm an accident magnet!"

The referee ran over to Jong-kook with a yellow card over his head.

"What? There are cards in this game?" Jong-kook exclaimed.

"Play on!"

Everyone got back into positions and continued to play.

 

"Half-time!" the referee yelled with the whistle.

 

"Wow... This is no joke. It's so hard." Eunjae said as she gulped down her water.

"Tell me about it." Myungsoo agreed as he grabbed the water bottle out of Eunjae's hand.

As he was about to drink from it, Eunjae took it from him. "Yah. Myungsoo oppa, get your own!"

"You get it for me. I'm so tired."

"Psh. Fine." Eunjae walked over to the waters. "Heads up!" Eunjae threw it at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo didn't react fast enough so it zoomed past  him and fell to the ground.

"Yah! Eunjae! You can't just scare me like that!" he yelled.

"You're the one that asked for water." Eunjae shrugged.

"Nice arm Eunjae!" Hoya said.

Eunjae laughed, "Thanks."

 

The next half began and Eunjae tried to score a goal but missed by very little, but Minho scored the goal on the rebound.

 

2:0

 

"Nice!" Eunjae cheered.

Right after that, Jong-kook scored two goals.

"Wooohooo!" the Foes team cheered.

"Noooooo!" Eunjae was getting frustrated as her competitiveness grew stronger.

"Come on Seungho hyung!" Minho yelled. "You can do better than that!"

"Yah! I'm trying my best!"

Gary scored another goal and the game ended 2:3.

"Foes team win this round!"

 

 


Happy Fourth of July from here in the USA!