Blossom 9

Lotus Blossom Love

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

Dictator Kim didn't want any students lingering around or interfering with the punishment, so he got everyone to . Not that it was difficult for him at all seeing how most of the students fled as soon as they got out the door. I reluctantly left, but not before glancing at Sooyun and burning holes through Myungsoo's head with my eyes. Again proving that rumours in a school could spread as quickly as the epidemic of a contagious disease, I arrived at my locker to find that the guys were already hoarding it.

 

The maknaes sprung up first, each grabbing an arm to pull and panic.

 

"Hyung! Is it really true?! Is Noona really stuck in the classroom with that L?!" Zelo cried, shaking my arm like a rag doll.

 

Jongup shook my other arm. "Daehyun-hyung, why are they together?!"

 

In a split second, the two were pushed away and replaced by a furious-looking Himchan. Grabbing me by the collar and thrashing me around violently, he demanded an answer.

 

"Jung Daehyun!!! Where is Sooyunnnie and why is she with that Myungsoo guy I thought you were going to keep her away from him Argh! I trusted you to take care of her and after you suddenly kidnapped her during lunchtime something like this happens I can't believe you Daehyun do you even care about her &^%$#@!$%^*&@#$ !!!!"

 

"Ack-Hyung! You're-chok-ing-me-Stop!" I struggled to say.

 

Luckily Yongguk-hyung stepped in to pull Himchan-hyung back before he could accidentally choke me to death and commit manslaughter. I looked up at him to give him a thank you nod. When I saw his face, I realized he was also fuming. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that thrashing me around like that would achieve nothing but a dead friend, he probably would've even joined in. Just to let off some steam. Which was something I really needed right now.

 

"Stupid idiotic Hyung!" Youngjae scolded. "Listen to what happened first before you go on a rampage!"

 

"What stupid idiotic? It's 'Hyung' for you!" Himchan snapped.

 

"I called you 'Hyung'. Stupid idiotic Hyung!"

 

"Aish, you punk!"

 

The two continued to bicker as I took the time to recover from Himchan-hyung's previous attack.

 

"Yah, are you going to listen to what happened with Sooyun or what?" The mini fight was finally put to rest, as everyone turned to face me.

 

I sighed. Why couldn't they just get Youngjae to explain? I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk. "Myungsoo failed the test and Sooyun stood up for him against Mr. Kim's punishment and landed herself one too," I explained in one sentence.

 

"Aish, Sooyunnie, why?!?!" Himchan threw his head back and questioned the ceiling.

 

"Noona's too nice!" Zelo crossed his arms angrily whilst Jongup just looked upset.

 

Our attention shifted to the menacing sound of Yongguk-hyung cracking his knuckles. "That slug. How dare he take advantage of her kindness!"

 

"Hey, you lot! What are you still doing in the corridors? Bunch of useless, loitering delinquents." We turned around to see Dictator Kim. I groaned inwardly. This guy's got some serious problems

 

"We were just leaving."

 

"Well hurry up and leave faster! Unless you want to wax my car again." Hell no!

 

I gave him a one degree bow, as the others followed suit and we left the building.

 

"He's mean and scary. Glad I don't have him," Jongup shivered. Too bad I do.

 

Yongguk smashed a fist into his other hand. "That guy should be glad that I have a life and don't want to taint myself with a criminal record." I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about doing it anyway.

 

"Which one's that Dictator's car? Can we egg it?" Zelo suggested. I looked around as we walked past the staff carpark and my eyes locked onto a certain shiny-looking car. That car I worked darn hard on last week. How I'd love to leave a nice, long scratch along the side of it then see the look on his face when he sees it.

 

"This guy's a pest," Himchan said. All the Kims I know seem to be. Kim Himchan, Dictator Kim, Kim Myungsoo. Tch.

 

"We can't just leave Sooyun. How would she get back?" Youngjae suddenly said. We all stopped walking and turned to look at each other.

 

"I'll wait for her," I said. "Don't worry, you guys head off home."

 

The five of them nodded their heads and headed off in their respective ways.

 

"Give us a text or call or something so we know she's ok!" Yongguk called out before he left.

 

I decided to go around the long way to the entrance on the other side of the building. That way, there was less chance of running into Dictator Kim. Hopefully he would have left by now.

 

Leaning on the wall next to the classroom door, I lifted my head to the ceiling in deep thought, sighing for the umpteenth time today. I don't know what to do… What should I do? Well what can I do? I don't like that guy and I don't trust him, but she likes him and wants to be friends with him. It's not like I can just tell her to stay away from him just because I don't like him… And since he's not exactly all that dangerous...

 

I raked my hands through my hair. Aish Sooyun! Why do I have to get so bothered over you?!

 

I realized that their punishment was going to take a while, so standing out here waiting wasn't really the best option. Maybe I should go in and help? That way, she wouldn't have to work so hard… or be alone with that Myungsoo. Getting off the wall and standing in front of the door, I lifted my hand, ready to slide open the door - until someone did it from the inside. My eyes widened as I stood face-to-face with Dictator Kim, whose eyes narrowed when he saw me. I gulped. Oh god…

 

"YOU! Why are you still here?! I thought I told you to leave already!" he roared.

 

"Uh… I'm waiting for Sooyun. We go home together," I nervously replied.

 

"How old is she?! She can go home by herself!"

 

"Oh don't you worry about that." Myungsoo came up from behind Dictator Kim. "I'll see to it personally that Sooyunnie gets home nice and safely." I felt my eye twitch at the smirk he sent me.

 

"You heard him! Now get lost!" Dictator Kim made hand movements like he was shooing away an annoying fly.

 

Sooyun's head popped up beside Myungsoo. "Daehyun, go home first. You're disturbing us!"

 

My head whipped towards her. "What?!" I couldn't believe what I just heard. She actually thinks that I'm disturbing her?! I was trying to help her! "Fine! I'm leaving! Have fun with your cleaning session!" After a final glare towards Myungsoo, I stormed away, fuming.

 

Aish, that airhead! Since she thinks I'm in the way, then I'll just leave!

 

Honestly, I never thought that I would actually do that. I could've just waited somewhere near the school. I could've eaten somewhere, chilled at a bookstore, or even studied at the nearby library. But no, I didn't do any of those. I didn't wait for her.

 

I didn't even realize this until I opened the door to my house and was greeted by the unusual silence. Snapping out of it, I closed the door behind me then sunk into the living room sofa.

 

It has only been a week, but already she's the centre of my worries… Sooyun, you have no idea what you're doing to me right now.

 

Unknowingly, I made my way up the stairs and stood outside the closed door of her bedroom. I opened the door and entered. Already the room was filled with all the stuff we bought on our shopping spree just two days ago. When she first met Myungsoo, I bitterly thought.

 

Something on her dressing table caught my eye. It was her lotus blossom, back to the usual pink colour. I held it in my hands, admiring it, as a memory from last Thursday came back to me.

 

*Flashback*

I was walking down the stairs while holding my open laptop. Suddenly, I heard a loud "BOO!" as a person grabbed my shoulders from behind. I was so shocked that my foot slipped on the next step and I rolled down.

 

There I lay, sprawled all over, as my laptop collided with the floor. I immediately sprung up to check my laptop. It was all still in one piece, but it wouldn't turn on. Aish, I didn't save my work yet! And it's due tomorrow too! Angry and frustrated, I glared up at the figure who caused this. Sooyun was trying to help me up.

 

"Omo! Daehyunnie are you alright? Oh no, I'm so sorry, I didn't think this would happen! Are you hurt? Are you ok?" It was obvious that she was genuinely sorry and concerned, but I brushed it off with my anger.

 

"You didn't think this would happen? Well neither did I! Now all my work has probably been erased, and I can't even use my laptop either!" She flinched at my harsh tone, as I got up and stomped into the living room. Shoving my laptop in my bag for the school technician to deal with tomorrow, I grabbed the few papers I came down for and went up to my room without another word. I couldn't waste any of my precious time now that I had to redo everything handwritten.

 

~~~

 

I didn't expect to finish everything until real late into the night, but checking the time on my phone, I saw that it was only 10.00pm. My stomach grumbled and I remembered I hadn't eaten yet, not too sure whether Sooyun had either. Opening my door, I was surprised to find my laptop on the floor in front of my room, with a pink sticky note stuck on the closed lid.

 

'I'm really really sorry Daehyunnie… Forgive me?... :'(' it read.

 

Already I felt myself soften, as I found it really hard to stay angry at her. I flipped open the lid and pressed the power button. Again I was surprised, as the laptop starting working again!

 

Walking down the stairs (but this time being extra careful of anyone or anything that might spring out of nowhere), I headed into the kitchen to find a sleeping Sooyun. She lay with her head on the dining table, and I noticed a piece of paper under her head. Gently lifting her head, I removed the paper and replaced it with my hoodie for her head to rest on.

 

On the paper was more of her writing. 'Daehyunnie, I made dinner in the microwave. Work hard, but remember to eat, okay? :> I'm sorry again…'

 

I smiled at Sooyun's sleeping figure. 'Pabo'.

 

Slowly and carefully, I lifted her from her chair and held her in my arms, making my way up to her room. I lay her down gently in her bed and covered her with the blanket. Reaching out a hand to brush away strands of hair from her face, I sat on her bed and stared at her. Her flawless face looked so peaceful that it sent a feeling of peacefulness into my heart too. She really was different to any person I had ever met before. But then again, she wasn't a person but an angel.

 

'Goodnight Sooyunnie,' I said, before getting up from her bed and leaving her room, gently closing the door behind me.

*End Flashback*

 

I found myself smiling at the memory. How she managed to fix my laptop, I still had no idea. When I thanked her and asked her the next morning, all she did was smile and wink at me.

 

I put Sooyun's lotus blossom back onto her dressing table and sighed. I seriously had no idea as to what this girl was thinking all the time. Eyes locking back on the blossom, a thought formed in my head. If only this lotus blossom could tell me what she's feeling.

 

 

Author's P.O.V

 

Seeing how the blossom remained a shade of pink, Daehyun sighed again and left the room.

 

What he didn't know was that as he left the room, the colour of the lotus blossom changed. It might've been hardly noticeable, but there was definitely a change.

 

The completely pink petals from before were now tinged with hints of … red.

 

=====================================================================

 

I feel so bad for not updating as often anymore... But anyway, hope you liked this chapter ^^

Anyone here a B2ST fan? I really love their new song 'Will You Be Okay' :D

 

Well, back to B.A.P, I'm so jelly of all those lucky fans who can go to their concerts, hahaha.

 

Thank you to all the new subscribers and for all the support :D