Blossom 17

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

Daehyun dragged his exhausted self into the living room while lugging the huge mass of bags courtesy of Mrs. Jung. Carelessly leaving them lying around on the floor, he slumped onto the couch and buried his face into a cushion, letting out a long, deep sigh. But of course he couldn't relax for any longer than that, since peace and quiet was not possible with the presence of both his mother and Sooyun.

 

"Aigoo, Sooyunnie! How is it possible for there to be someone as perfect as you!" Mrs. Jung remarked, as she stepped into the living room with Sooyun and Mr. Jung. "Never have I met anyone like you! What has my son done in his past life to be so lucky?"

 

"Oh Eomma, you praise me too much! Maybe you compare me too much to Daehyun so I seem even better," she laughed.

 

The said person whipped his head towards her and shot her an angry glare. "Yah! What is that supposed to mean?!"

 

"Daehyun! Don't be so rude to Sooyunnie!" his mother scolded. Facing Sooyun, she smiled again. "Even without comparing you to him, you are still amazing dear!"

 

"Cheer up son," Mr. Jung said as the two females began chit-chatting away again. "It's not all that bad."

 

The day's events flashed through Daehyun's head. The horrendous combined force of his mother and Sooyun's girly-girl shopping. The incessant 'oohing's and 'ahhing's at everything they saw. The constant requests of his opinion on how something looked. Them getting annoyed and pestering him when he unenthusiastically replied with an “it’s ok”. His mother even booked a restaurant for dinner which he wasn't aware was a couples restaurant until they got there. Of course, his mother and father were together on a table to themselves - which meant that he shared a table alone with Sooyun in an unsettling romantic environment.

 

It wasn’t like Daehyun hated being with Sooyun, it wasn’t that at all. But it definitely made things awkward and uncomfortable when throughout the dinner, he could hear the constant indiscreet clicking sounds from the camera of his mother’s phone. She didn’t even bother trying to hide it.

 

Keeping all this in mind, he raised an eyebrow at Mr. Jung.

 

"At least the atmosphere is livelier like this!" his father laughed.

 

There was nothing he could do but to roll his eyes and shake his head.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

 "Time to wake up lazy bum!"

 

"It's the weekend... Let me sleep in Sooyun..." I sleepily murmured without opening my eyes.

 

"Thinking about Sooyunnie this early in the morning? Oh ho ho."

 

My eyes widened instantly to see my smug mother standing beside my bed. Oh yeah... My parents are over.

 

"Uhh, good morning Ma."

 

"Well good morning to you too. Want to tell me the good news?"

 

My eyebrows furrowed. "What good news?"

 

Ma sighed in what I guessed was disbelief. "That you're finally going to confess to Sooyunnie!"

 

" What?! No I'm not!" I complained.

 

"Well of course not looking like that, you're not," she said, eyeing my appearance with disapproval. Gee, thanks Ma. Ignoring the fact that she just woke me up at 6.30am on a Sunday. "Now get up. Chop chop!" Ma clapped her hands. I stared at her in confusion.

 

"But it's so early..." I whined.

 

"You'll have to get up earlier than Sooyunnie. Because you are making her breakfast in bed!"

 

 

 

After a gruelling whole HOUR of preparing in the kitchen under Ma's watchful, critical eyes, Sooyun's breakfast-in-bed was finally done. On a tray lay my creations - which by the way, was not given the thumbs up by Ma until at least my third attempt. She made me make so much food I don't think Sooyun will even be able to finish it. There was a banana-strawberry vanilla crepe, choc-chip cookies, pancakes with maple syrup and a berry smoothie. I even made a small serving of dukbokki because Ma knows it's her favourite. And here comes the worst part... I wasn't allowed to eat until Sooyun is happy with her breakfast.

 

"Why do I even have to do this?" I muttered unhappily as I trudged up the stairs with the tray. "That girl is so much better than me at cooking. What if she doesn't like it? Then I can't eat!"

 

"Oh, stop complaining Daehyun," Ma said. "It's only right since she always makes lovely food for you. Besides," She shot me a sly look. "You might even be so lucky as to capture little Sooyunnie's heart this way."

 

" MA!" I protested.

 

"What? What did I say?" she innocently shrugged.

 

We entered Sooyun's room to see only half of her head peeking out from under the fluffy blankets.

 

"I'll leave you to it now. And don't you dare ruin this moment!" Ma warned in a whisper before shutting the door.

 

Sighing, I put the tray down on her bedside table and shook her gently. "Sooyun-ah, wake up. Breakfast time."

 

She shuffled around a bit before opening her eyes a fraction to look at me. "Dae… hyun?" she mumbled, continuing to stare at me for a bit. "Nah, couldn't be. It's still so early. I must be dreaming… yeah I'm dreaming." She closed her eyes again and snuggled deeper into the covers.

 

I frowned. "Well sorry for never waking up this early before, especially not to make breakfast specially for you."

 

Sooyun jolted up and sat upright, staring at me. "Daehyunnie, it's really you!" Her gaze shifted to the tray of goodness beside her bed. "And you really made breakfast for me!" Grabbing the tray and nestling it comfortably over her lap, she began wolfing down the food joyfully. "Mmm! Yummy!"

 

I stared at her jealously as my tummy rumbled. "Do you have to eat like that in front of me?"

 

She blinked at me. "But you made it."

 

My heart did a little jumpy thing and I felt nervous under her stare. I didn't know what to say after that answer of hers. The very audible sound of my tummy growling cut the silence.

 

"Aww, you didn’t even eat yet?" she giggled. I sheepishly nodded. "You want some of this?" Sooyun asked, pointing to her food. I nodded again. "Say ahh~~~"

 

"Ahhhhh" I opened my mouth, waiting for the food to land inside. But before small portion of crepe could reach my tongue, the fork in Sooyun's hand redirected to her own mouth as she happily chewed on what was meant to be mine. She just laughed at the flabbergasted expression I had on.

 

"Hey! That was mine!" I made a grab at the food on the tray, but she pushed my hand away and covered it possessively.

 

Sooyun stuck out her tongue at me and blew a raspberry. "Ha ha, mine now!"

 

"Not if I can do anything about that!"

 

With that, the two of us began wrestling for ownership of the food. Sooyun tried pushing me off the bed and I leaned forward to not fall off, but I was too heavy for her one hand as I fell forward. Resting a hand on the bed, I stopped myself from falling on the food tray.

 

"Whoa, almost squashed it flat!" There was no response, so I looked up -- only to meet eyes with Sooyun's only a few inches away from mine. I noticed she was staring straight at me, as my breathed hitched in my throat at the proximity. None of us said a word, as we continued staring at each other, her expression unreadable.

 

Many things flashed through my mind at the moment, but I couldn't think clearly at all. Not at a moment like this. In an awkward position.

 

"Uhh---"

 

"Wow… Daehyun... looking at your face up close like this, I never knew you had such…" Sooyun stopped there, as I waited anxiously for her to finish her sentence. Never knew I had such… what? At this time, all I could think of were her compliments. I blushed thinking of what she could say.

 

But my anticipation dropped as soon as the words "… bad skin…" left her lips.

 

"Aish, that pabo son! Should've made his move while they were still in the moment!"

 

"He should've taken your advice on how to maintain better skin too, I see."

 

My eyes widened yet again as my face flushed in mortification. Pouncing towards the entrance, I flung the door open to reveal both my parents in a very obvious 'spying and eavesdropping' position.

 

"MA! PA!"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's P.O.V

 

"I don't understand why you are so upset over this, Daehyun," Mrs. Jung said nonchalantly from her seat on the living room couch. "You'll thank me one day for this, you know."

 

"Ma, I'll thank you now if you stop…" he murmured.

 

Mr. Jung spoke up from beside his wife. "Lighten up Daehyun! What we're doing is completely harmless! Sooyun doesn't seem to mind."

 

"Mind what?"

 

Three pairs of eyes flickered towards where Sooyun was standing as a gasp emitted from Mrs. Jung. She was wearing a pink and white casual floral dress with a white bow, a matching bow in her wavy, long hair, and pink converse wedges. As usual, she radiated an aura of innocence, elegance and beauty which wavered the heart of all young guys -- Daehyun not being an exception. He didn't even notice he was staring at her.

 

"Sooyunnie, you look like an angel! Doesn't she look lovely, Daehyun?" Mrs. Jung exclaimed.

 

"A-ah, yeah… y-you look… g-great," he stuttered, breaking out of his trance. "Why so dressed up?"

 

"Definitely not for you!" his mother taunted. "Sooyunnie here has a wonderful date ahead of her." As usual, the doorbell rang coincidentally at the right time. "That must be him!"

 

"What?! Sooyun's going out alone with some guy?! No she's not!" Daehyun objected. He turned to her. "Who is this guy?!"

 

But all Sooyun did was giggle and smile at the hot-headed, clueless him. Daehyun's attention was brought back to the front door as he heard her mother greet the guy. "You must be the one Sooyun has told me about. Come on in! She's in the living room.

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Jung," a voice Daehyun recognized as being all-too-familiar replied. He had an idea who that person was, but that irritating, arrogant smirking face of his appearing right before him just confirmed his thoughts. He cursed under his breath.

 

Sooyun beamed at the 'intruder'.

 

"Myungsoo-oppa!"

 

 

===================================

 

I am truly, most sincerely sorry for not updating for a record-breaking (for me) long time... This time it wasn't so much writer's block as it was having no time to work on the chapter after all those many hours spent on going to work and housework. Serves me right for losing readers.

 

But thank you to those who stuck with me! I really appreciate it ^^ So here is my belated update, hope you enjoy it! :D

 

~~~ Mistlea