Blossom 13

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

"Ah, h-hey Sooyun-ssi. I was wondering whether you had time this Saturday. There's this new movie that just came out, and I think you'll like it. So, um… would you like to watch it together?"

 

Daehyun watched the two figures in front of Sooyun's locker uneasily. Not even a week had passed since he decided to let up and not interfere (overly) with her interactions with other people, but already she received a countless number of confessions and even more people asking her out.

 

"I come to walk her to the cafeteria and I get yet another one of these scenes?" Daehyun softly sighed to himself.

 

Sooyun smiled angelically at the rather shy senior student from another class. "Minhyuk-ssi, that sounds great!" At that, Minhyuk instantly beamed at the unexpected response. Never had he thought that this beautiful girl standing before him would actually be willing to go on a date with him, and so he was feeling very happy, very happy indeed… until she opened again.

 

"Who else will be going? Ooh, can I bring Daehyun-oppa? And Yongguk-oppa? And Himchan-oppa? And Youngjae-ah, Jonguppie and Zelo-ah?! We haven't gone on an outing together in a while, so it'll be so much fun!" Immediately, Minhyuk's face fell, as Sooyun clapped her hands excitedly and smiled at him expectantly.

 

"Minhyuk-ssi?" she blinked her eyes at him.

 

He shifted uncomfortably on the spot. "Uh, well--"

 

Striding towards the two, Daehyun decided to save the poor boy from the onslaught of Sooyun's cluelessness. "I'm very sorry Minhyuk-ssi," he interrupted, "but Sooyun has a prior engagement on Saturday, so she won't be able to go. But maybe next time, when she has time." He smiled at Minhyuk good-naturedly, who seemed a little taken aback by Daehyun's sudden appearance.

 

"Ah, is that so. Um, well, I'll take my leave now then. See you, Daehyun-ssi, Sooyun-ssi." The student bowed politely before scurrying off in disappointment.

 

Sooyun slapped Daehyun in the arm and pouted. "Hey, stop scaring people off Daehyunnie! I really wanted to go watch the movie too! You already don't want me making friends with the other girls because you say that they might be using me to get close to you and B.A.P, but now you don't let me make friends with the guys too? It's not like I'm doing something bad, I'm just being friendly!" She crossed her arms.

 

"But I only interfered with one other time, and for good reason too! That guy was being way too intimate with you and wanted to be more than just friends with you. Youngjae even said that he had a bad history, so there's no way he could be trusted," Daehyun retorted. "Besides, this one doesn't count because I wasn't lying."

 

He did worry quite a bit after seeing how many guys went after her. But after seeing the consistent failure due to her clueless reactions, he knew that there really was no need.

 

Sooyun tilted her head in confusion without a word.

 

Daehyun sighed. "You didn't actually forget, did you?"

 

"Um, well…" After thinking really hard for a while, Sooyun's eyes widened as realization finally struck. "Oh! The part-time job!"

 

"And you were the one so intent on doing it too." He shook his head at her.

 

"Well~~~ There's really no point dwelling on something that has already passed and cannot be helped, right?" she cheekily said.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes at her and turned to leave. "Yeah, yeah. Let's go eat already, the others are waiting." While giggling, Sooyun linked arms with Daehyun and skipped off beside him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

It turned out I was wrong. The storm from that night wasn't exactly 'over soon' like I said it would be. In fact, the storm continued until the two of us ended up falling asleep huddled together under the table. Which wasn't exactly the best place for me to sleep - seeing as how Sooyun reverted back to her usual self by morning and tickled my sides to wake me up which caused me to jerk up in shock and smash my head against the table.

 

I grabbed that painful spot on my head at the memory. "Aish, that Sooyun," I muttered.

 

"What about me?"

 

"Aargh!!" On reflex, I spun around and pushed whatever or whoever was behind me. There was a 'thud' as Sooyun fell to the ground.

 

"Ow…" she whimpered. I instantly rushed down next to her and fussed over her.

 

"I'm sorry! Sooyun are you okay?! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to! Did you get hurt? Are you alright?" I held her by her arms and tried to help her up, but she wriggled out of my grasp and sulked on the floor.

 

"Daebutt you meanie! Why would you do something like that!" she pouted.

 

"S-Sooyunnie-ah… I'm sorry… I really am. I didn't mean to push you," I apologized. "I didn't know you were behind me, really… I'm really sorry, Sooyunnie…" But she still refused to look at me.

 

"Sooyunniiee." Still no response.

 

"Sooyunniiiieeee~~~"

 

Not even a blink of the eye.

 

I internally sighed. This calls for drastic measures… Ugh, May the Lord have mercy on my soul for attempting this…

 

Taking in a huge breath, I calmly exhaled.

 

Putting both my fists beside my face while puffing up my cheeks, I (regrettably) converted in 'aegyo' mode. "Buing buing ~~ buing buing ~~! Sooyunniiee, Sooyunniiee ~~ Oppa is very sowwy, very very sowwy! Oppa won't do it again, Oppa promises Sooyunniiee ~~! So Sooyunnie ~~ Will you forgive Oppa ~~ ? Neh ~~? Forgive Oppa ~~ ?" I sickeningly cutely said.

 

Sooyun turned her head even further away from me. Aish, I know she likes it! But being stubborn as usual, I see…

 

Quickly moving to kneel down right in front of her face, I continued bombarding her with my aegyo. "Sooyunniiee ~~ Lookie lookie! Buing buing ~~ ! Buing buing ~~ ! If Sooyunniie doesn't want to forgive Oppa, then Oppa will cry. Eung-ae ~~~! Eung-ae ~~~!"

 

In the end I actually pulled out the baby-cry aegyo too… But at least it worked because Sooyun finally cracked a smile and a giggle and peeked up at me. She reached out her hands and started pinching my cheeks.

 

"Aww ~~~ Daehyunnie-oppa is sho cute! Sho cute ~~~ " She laughed, as I pinched her cheeks too.

 

"So Sooyunnie isn't mad at me anymore? Am I forgiven?" I asked with puppy-dog eyes.

 

"Because Oppa is so cute, I'll forgive you this time!" she squealed.

 

I got up and pulled her to her feet. "Okay then, Oppa is happy! Now let's get going now, you still have a job interview to go to."

 

"Ah! That's right!"

 

I glanced at her sceptically "… Did you forget again?" .

 

Sooyun just shot me a smile. "Aww, blame it on your aegyo. It distracted me!" I just shook my head at her excuse.

 

She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me towards the front door. "Okie dokie, let's not waste anymore time now. Time to go go go!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

This so-called 'job interview' was far from anything being an 'interview'. Mrs. Lee, the shopkeeper, was a cheerful, carefree middle-aged woman who liked Sooyun as soon as she set eyes on her. She even hired her on the spot before she even asked for her name. Of course, Sooyun was more than happy with her decision and the two began to chit-chat away.

 

At first I was against her getting a part time job when she suggested it, for obvious reasons. But after hearing her reasons about how it would help her in her training as it was a part of adjusting to human life, I really couldn't just say no. Sooyun's reason being here, after all, was to complete her training and become a fully-fledged angel.

 

After a lot of thinking, I finally decided to bring her to Mrs. Lee, who I was familiar with. She and my mother had known each other since highschool and thus were very close friends. Mrs. Lee also owned and worked at the flower store called 'Lovely Blossoms' where I got all my garden flowers from. It was the perfect place for Sooyun to work at, seeing as how the owner was nice, the place was close to home, and was the environment was suited to her perfectly. In fact, the whole store seemed to brighten up as soon as Sooyun stepped foot through the door, literally bringing a smile to every flower in the room which bloomed much greater and more brightly in her presence. Which didn't really come as a surprise to me, with her being the 'Angel of the Lotus Blossom' and all.

 

"Daehyun-ah, now why didn't you tell me earlier that such a lovely girl like Sooyunnie here lived with you?" Mrs. Lee jokingly scolded. "Then I could have met her sooner!"

 

I awkwardly laughed. "Ah, ahaha, is that so… I'm sorry Mrs. Lee."

 

"Aish, what Mrs. Lee! How many times have I told you to call me Auntie? Auntie is fine!"

 

"A-ah, ne, Auntie," I said.

 

She nodded in content and turned to Sooyun. "Sooyunnie, you can call me Auntie too, sweetheart."

 

Sooyun brightened up even more. "Ne, Auntie!"

 

"Aigoo, such a lovely girl you are Sooyunnie!"

 

It wasn't long before the her shifts were set on Mondays and Fridays after school and Sooyun and I were strolling along the streets. Sooyun could've stayed and chatted with Mrs. Lee for another few hours at the least, but we didn't want to impose any longer seeing how busy the store was.

 

"Daehyunnie, where to next!" Sooyun asked.

 

"Well, I didn't really plan to go anywhere else," I replied.

 

She pouted at me. "Ngaw. But I don't wanna go home yet…" Her eyes suddenly widened as she pointed towards somewhere. "What's that over there? Let's go see!"

 

Sooyun ran off towards a public park where many temporary stalls were set up.

 

"Wow! There's so much stuff to look at!" she squealed, excitedly jumping from stall to stall. Finally, she stopped at one stall which allowed me to catch up to her.

 

"Omo!"

 

I looked at what she was staring at and was met with a bewildering array of phone cases, phone charms, straps and the sort.

 

Something in particular caught Sooyun's attention, as she picked it up and examined it ecstatically. "A B2ST phonecase! Assa!"

 

I chuckled. Of course, all the accessories were KPOP merchandise and of course, it would be B2ST she was interested in. "Ahjussi, may I have this please?" I asked the stall keeper while pointing at the phone case in Sooyun's hands.

 

"Yes, that would be 5000 won. Thank you, customer!" He smiled at me and leaned in to whisper. "Your girlfriend is very beautiful, young man. Take good care of her, son."

 

I became flustered. "Ah no, she's not my girlfriend, Ahjussi."

 

"There's no need to be shy, young man! Well have a nice day with your girlfriend." With that, he went off to attend to another customer. But… Sooyun's really not my girlfriend.

 

"Daehyunnie, thank you so much for this phone case! I love it! Thank you Oppa!" Sooyun thanked while hugging her new phone case.

 

I smiled at her. "You're welcome. Try it on your phone and see how it looks."

 

We continued walking around all the different stalls as Sooyun admired the look of her phone with the B2ST case on. "Daebak!" she squealed.

 

After a while, I noticed she wasn't beside me anymore. Turning around to look for her, I saw her engrossed in something at another stall and went to where she was.

 

"Sooyun? What's so interesting that got you to let me walk off by myself?" I joked.

 

She startled. "Ah, nothing Daehyunnie. Let's go!" She started walking off again, but I knew it really wasn't 'nothing' like she claimed to be. I saw an ice-cream van not far away.

 

"Sooyun, you feeling like some icecream right now?"

 

Her eyes sparkled like a kid. "Yes yes! Icecream!"

 

"Good." I smirked and handed her some money. "Now go get some icecream from that icecream van and bring it to me at that bench," I said while nodding my head in the direction of the bench.

 

Sooyun pouted at me and jokingly narrowed her eyes at me. "Daehyunnie's too lazy to get icecream himself. Hmph! Ok ok, but even if you don't like the flavour I get you, you're still eating it without any complaints!" Then she ran off, leaving me by myself.

 

I turned to the ahjumma at the store. "Excuse me, ahjumma. May I ask what the girl just then was looking at?"

 

"Ah, yes. She was looking at these phone charms here, young boy." She held up two cute bunny rabbit designs, one pink and one blue. I smiled, they really suit Sooyun though.

 

"May I have these thank you," I said, handing them over for the ahjumma to package.

 

"Thank you young boy, that will be 4000 won." After paying for them, the ahjumma handed me the small box enclosed with the phone straps. "You are very handsome, young boy, and your girlfriend is very beautiful! You two are a great match. Did you get these for her?"

 

"Ah, ne, they are for her. But she isn't my girlfriend," I explained, a little embarrassed.

 

"Aigoo, of course she is your girlfriend, young boy! You're even buying couple charms for the two of you!" the ahjumma laughed.

 

My eyes widened as I stared at the closed box in my hand then mentally facepalmed. Of course they were couple charms, pabo Daehyun.

 

"Well, have a nice day and treat your girlfriend well!"

 

"Ah, ne, you have a nice day too, ahjumma." I walked off to the bench. Well, it's not like friends can't have matching charms too, right?

 

"Daehyunnie, here's your icecream!" Sooyun handed me a peach-mango icecream waffle while her own strawberries & cream one. "You better like it!"

 

"Of course! I like any food. Thanks, Sooyun-ah."

 

Sooyun plopped down beside me, happily away at her cold dessert. I pulled out the box and held it in front of her face.

 

"Hmm? What is this?" she asked, confused.

 

"Open it," I said. Sooyun handed me her icecream to hold so she could open the box. As soon as she saw the phone straps, she gasped.

 

"Daehyunnie? Did you get this from the stall just then?" she asked me with wide eyes.

 

I nodded with a grin. "Well, I knew something was up and decided to find out with the help of the ahjumma there. You like it?"

 

"Of course! They're so cute! Aww, thank you Daehyunnie-oppa, but you've already spent so much on me… You really didn't have to…" She started playing with her fingers.

 

"Well if it makes you feel better, it's not only for you. It's for the both of us, like a friendship charm," I smiled.

 

Sooyun beamed up at me. "Yay, a friendship charm!" She pulled out her phone again to attach the pink bunny, whilst I attached the blue one on mine. We held up our phones so that the two bunnies dangled right next to each other and smiled. Amidst our admiring of the new phone charms, a voice called out.

 

"Daehyun-hyung? And Sooyunnie-noona?"

 

We looked up to meet eyes with Zelo and Youngjae. "What are you guys doing here?" Zelo asked.

 

Youngjae sent me a little sly smirk. "Oh ho ho, could it be that you two are on a … date?"

 

My eyes widened before I narrowed them at him. "Yah, we were just walking around. It's not a date."

 

"OMG! Hyung and Noona are on a date?!" Zelo screamed.

 

"No we're no--"

 

"They even have couple charms!" he screamed again, pointing at our phones hysterically.

 

Youngjae nodded his head. "Interesting…"

 

"They're just friendship charms! Stop making something out of nothing," I argued. Ugh, why did we have to run into these two…

 

"I'm telling Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung on you!" Zelo pouted.

 

"Come on, Zelo, that's not necessar--"

 

"Hello?! Hyungs?!" the maknae screamed into his phone. I groaned. How he managed to get into contact with the Hyungs already, I had no clue.

 

But one thing I knew for sure was that… This was not going to end well...

 

==============================================

 

 

Hi everyone! Hope you guys like this story so far :)

Note to readers: AFF is very very distracting when you're trying to study for exams.

 

Anyhoo, hope you all liked this update. Thanks for the support ^^