Blossom 22

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

"Glide with your left… now glide with your right. And left again, then right again. Nice and slowly. Yeah, like that!"

 

"I'm doing it! I'm actually skating!"

 

Sooyun was ecstatic that she could finally skate -- although not very well and definitely not unassisted by Daehyun. It only took a fraction of a second where he let his hold on her loosen a bit for her to lose balance and tumble into the ice.

 

"…"

 

"Daehyun!"

 

"Uh… sorry…" Immediately, he helped Sooyun up, who was sulking at her face-first experience with the ice.

 

"Why did you let gooo…" she pouted.

 

Because I want you to realize you need me, Daehyun thought. But of course he wouldn't tell her that. "I thought you finally got the hang of it, but then you just…" He sighed in a feigned disappointment. "Needless to say, I'm disappointed in you Sooyun."

 

She frowned and slapped him in the arm. "Hey, I'm doing well!"

 

Daehyun laughed when she tried to skate away from him in vain. "Okay, okay. Stop. Let me help you."

 

 

The group was happily at their ice-creams when Daehyun started eyeing Zelo, who had already finished his. But he was so busy whining about wanting more that he didn't even notice, so Jongup took it upon himself to elbow his best buddy in the ribs.

 

"Oww! What was that for?!" he complained.

 

His hyungs raised their eyebrows at him while Sooyun just giggled, oblivious to the telepathic messages being sent between them.

 

Finally understanding his hyungs' intentions, Zelo shot up in his seat with an overly dramatic "NOONA!!!"

 

"What is it Junhongie?"

 

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her from her seat. "I bags Sooyunnie-noona for that gigantic rollercoaster ride!" Then he sped off with her in tow, leaving the others to  blink after them.

 

"Well, as long as he gets his job done," Himchan shrugged.

 

 

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. It's our turn next!"

 

Zelo was shifting from foot to foot excitedly as the line in front shortened and shortened until we were right in front. Cute little Junhongie. Well not all that little, since he practically towers over me.

 

"FROOOONT SEEEEEEEAAAT!!!!" he practically roared as he pulled me to the very front of the ride. Suddenly, he stopped and turned to me. "Noona, are you okay with this seat? It might be kinda scary for you…"

 

I pinched his cheeks affectionately. "Aww, aren't you sweet, caring about your noona. I'll be okay. If anything, I'll just scream louder!"

 

He instantly beamed. "YAY! Noona's the best!"

 

Soon, the ride starting cranking and moved off. I had to admit, I was getting a little nervous now. I've never been on something like this before. And since I didn't have wings yet, I haven't learnt how to fly yet either. It started off slow, to my relief.

 

"See noona? It's not so bad," Zelo grinned from my left. I nodded.

 

"Yeah, it's not so---"

 

And as soon as I said that, I realized our ride had reached the very top of a very, very, very deep slope indeed. I gulped. "Junhongie… a-are we going down that… slope?"

 

"YEAH!"

 

I took a deep breath in and pinched my eyes closed before the rollercoaster plunged down the 100 metre-almost-vertical slope.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed, along with all those other terrified riders. But I had more to scream about, since I was on the forefront of the ride of death! There was definitely nothing like this in heaven!

 

"WOOHOOOO!" Zelo screamed. "DAEBAK! THIS IS SO AWESOME, RIGHT SOOYUNNIE-NOONA!"

 

Daring to open my eyes just a teensy wittle bittsie, I saw that we were about to plunge yet again. "WAAAAAHHHHH!!! Choi. Jun. Hong! You owe me more ice-cream later!"

 

I heard him laughing at me between his whooping. "Alright Sooyunnie-noona! More ice-cream for us without the hyungs! Hahahaha!"

 

The first image that popped into my head was Daehyunnie standing there, pouting at us and sulking while watching us eat ice-cream without him. I couldn't help but to burst out into laughter. "Bwahahaha!" He's so adorable even as images in my brain.

 

"Finally enjoying the rollercoaster?!" Zelo screamed.

 

"Eh?"

 

My fear came back as soon as I returned to reality. "WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Yummy!"

 

I dug into my mango-peach ice-cream contentedly as the two of us trudged around Lotte World aimlessly. Or at least I thought it was aimlessly.

 

"Eo? Noona got more ice-cream?" a voice that wasn't Junhong's said.

 

I looked up and saw Jongup. "Oh Jonguppie!" The others were nowhere to be seen. "Where are the others? And where is Junhongie? He was just here."

 

Jongup shrugged cutely. "Zelo left." He stuck out a hand. "Sooyunnie-noona, lets go on the Log Flume ride now!"

 

Like I could ever say no to that innocent face of his. "It looks like fun. Don't fall in the water!"

 

He smiled sheepishly. "Hyungs told you?"

 

I blinked. "About what? I was joking just now."

 

"Er? Oh.. Ahahaha let's go then Noona!" He went behind me and pushed me towards the ride hastily. "Front seat front seat front seat!"

 

"Aw, front seat again?" The rollercoaster experience with Junhong flashed in my mind again, but then I realized that this was just the Log flume ride.

 

"Wheee!!!" I squealed gleefully when we descended into the water-filled area, water splashing everywhere and wetting us a little. "Hahaha, I like this more than that big scary rollercoaster!"

 

I felt someone poking my shoulders softly and turned around to face a slightly frowning Jongup.

 

"Noona… your hair kinda got wet and now it's slapping me in the fa-- Ack!" The wind blew a slab of my wet hair smack into his face and I started laughing.

 

"Aww sorry Jonguppie!" Pulling out a ribbon, I braided my hair to the side as best I could with the ride in full progression. "There, all good!"

 

And so, Jongup was able to enjoy the rest of the ride free from any hair-slapping.

 

I stretched out my arms as soon as we got off. "Aahhh~~~ that was fun! Next time I should probably sit behind you instead." 

 

He nodded his head vigorously and I giggled at his cuteness. "Where are we off to now?"

 

"Himchan-hyung should be at the Viking ride." And indeed, we saw a familiar figure standing in line, jumping up and down while waving like crazy as soon as he saw us. The people around him were slowly edging away with looks of distaste. Oh Himchan-oppa.

 

"Sooyunnie my darling! Over here!" Everyone around him started looking in my direction.

 

"Bye Noona, have fun!" Jongup quickly said then ran away, leaving me alone with Oppa.

 

Himchan's arm wrapped around me. "Sooyunnie I really really really missed you so so so much!!! Why were you gone for so long!" he whined.

 

"I was with Zelo and then Jongup." Oppa is so funny when he's overly dramatic.

 

"Well, you're staying with me for at least twice as long!" he stated adamantly with a huff. "Kaja, end seats are the most fun!"

 

Himchan-oppa grinned at me as soon as the boat started swinging higher and higher. "Are you scared?"

 

I shook my head. "Can't be worse than that rollercoaster Zelo brought me on!" Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly say I was right about that. Because soon enough the ginormous boat had risen until the ends -- where we were seated -- were just about as high as that rollercoaster from before.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed yet again, as we swung down from the very highest point. "WAAH HAAAHH!!! Why does it feel like I'm riding that scary thing all over again!!!"

 

Himchan-oppa guffawed from beside me. "NGAWW, DOES MY SWEETHEART WANT A HUG FROM OPPA! DON'T WORRY, YOUR HIMCHANNIE-OPPA IS HERE!!!" he screeched out loud enough for the whole of Lotte World to hear.

 

After what seemed like many hours, the ride finally came to a stop. Oppa pulled me up and started dragging me around stalls to take a look. "Lookie Sooyunnie! This hair bow would look so cute on you!" He held up a pink and white polka-dotted bow and clipped it in my hair. "Perfect! We'll get this thanks, ahjumma!"

 

When we were leaving our 20th stall to go to the next, a panting figure suddenly appeared in front of us, crouched over and stopped us from moving any further. He lifted his head to reveal a rather irritated-looking Youngjae.

 

"Oh Youngjae-ah, annyeong!" I waved.

 

"Hey, Sooyun. And you!" He pointed an accusing finger at Himchan-oppa. "What the hell do you think you're doing!"

 

"Spending quality time with my precious Sooyunnie! Got a problem with that!" he retorted.

 

Youngjae scoffed. "Maybe not if I didn't have to wait for you. But unfortunately you didn't show up where we agreed we would and I had to run all around this massive place to personally look for you, you stupid Hyung! Do you have any idea how long it took me to find you!"

 

"Why you disrespectful little--- (SMACK!)"

 

Youngjae quickly pulled me away from Himchan while laughing. "Hurry lets go!"

 

 "Wha-- YAH! YOU PUNK! JUST YOU WAIT, I'LL GET YOU FOR HITTING YOUR HYUNG!" we heard him squawking hysterically in the distance.

 

"Been having fun so far Sooyun?" he asked me after we slowed down to a walk.

 

"Yep, today has been fun! Except…" I jutted out my lower lip. "Junhongie and Himchan-oppa like scary rides… But at least Jonguppie took me on a not-scary one. Hehe."

 

He shook his head. "Those two, showing you  no mercy at all."

 

A cool breeze sifted through my hair and I noticed we were now at the outdoor section of the park. It's gotten a little darker outside after spending so much time with Himchan-oppa. "Youngjae-ah, what do you want to go on?"

 

He shrugged. "Doesn't really matter for me, so choose anything you like."

 

I took a look at everything around me. A blue, horizontal cage-like ride with blue wave designs caught my attention. "Ooh, that looks fun and not too scary!"

 

Youngjae looked at where I was pointing. "That's the Waikiki wave. It's pretty tame."

 

And he was right, but it was fun all the same! Basically just a heap of tumbles and turns.

 

"Hey Sooyun-ah, what do you think about Daehyun?" Youngjae asked out of the blue.

 

"Daehyunnie? Well, he's fun to be around!"

 

He nodded. "So do you like him?"

 

I laughed. "Of course I do! I like all of you!"

 

"Then what do you see him as? Only a friend?"

 

Tilting my head, I gave Youngjae a confused look. "What do you mean? Daehyunnie is Daehyunnie. You're all my friends."

 

"But do you like him more than you like the rest of us? Do you like him as more than a friend?" he egged on. More than the rest of them? Thinking a little harder and remembering all our times together, I realized that I did possibly like Daehyun more. I talked to him the most and liked being around him the most. Not to mention how fun teasing him is. 

 

Youngjae ruffled my hair and chuckled. "I'll let you figure that out yourself. Yongguk-hyung's waiting for you."

 

My eyes caught sight of him standing in front of the bumper-cars area with that usual bright, gummy smile of his. "Oppa!" I called and waved.

 

"Alright. Catch you later," Youngjae bid with a smile before disappearing into the sea of other visitors.

 

Oppa opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by an unfamiliar voice from behind me.

 

"Hey cutie, wanna take a ride with me?" I spun around to face two guys I didn't know.

 

Yongguk-oppa immediately wrapped a protective arm around me. "She's with me, so no." Then he pulled me away from them and joined a queue. "Up for bumper cars?" he grinned.

 

"You bet I am!" I stuck out my tongue playfully. "You're driving!"

 

As soon as it was our turn, we ran towards the closest car which was a green one. "All strapped in?" he asked.

 

I tugged at my secured safety belt. "Yep!"

 

He readied his foot on the pedal. "Then lets roll." We sped off as soon as the light signalled 'START!' and bumped into any cars obstructing our path.

 

"I think I know why you don't have your driver's licence yet Oppa," I teased.

 

He just laughed. "Well, at least you're having fun now." Suddenly, a car rammed into Yongguk's side.

 

It was one of the guys from before. Another car rammed us from behind before we could even move. We looked behind us to see the friend of that guy.

 

"Tsk. Pesky rats," Yongguk muttered. He manoeuvred our car around and bumped into the first guy before driving off.

 

But it wasn't long before the same two guys came and bumped into us again.

 

"Oppa? Do you know them? Why do they keep hitting us?" I asked while shifting my gaze from one guy to the other. The first guy winked at me and I noticed Oppa glare at him.

 

"They're just jealous I'm with such a cute girl like you," Yongguk replied. "Don't you worry, I'll make them regret messing around with us."

 

He moved our car into a more secluded area away from most of the other players. The guys followed closely behind us. As soon as they sped up to ram into our two sides, Oppa swiftly made an abrupt turn so they hit each other front-on instead. We bumped them into a corner where they were stuck and couldn't move from.

 

"Take that punks!" he cheered.

 

I gave him a hi-five. "Yeah! Yongguk-oppa's the best!"

 

He raised an eyebrow. "You sure there, Sooyunnie? What about Daehyun?"

 

"Daehyun? What about him again?"

 

Oppa didn't answer and just laughed at me. "Come on now. Someone special has waited long enough to spend some time with you."

 

"Who's that special someone?" I asked. Silly boys. What's with all the riddles they're spitting out today?

 

"You'll see."

 

I pouted and trudged after him. Yongguk-oppa brought me to a more peaceful area of Lotte World where there were fewer people. He nodded towards a white gazebo not too far away.

 

"You see that gazebo there? That special someone is waiting for you there. Hurry along now." He shot me one last smile and held up a fist in a 'Hwaiting!' pose before disappearing off like the others had.

 

I walked closer and closer until I could see a figure leaning against the gazebo railing, his hands tucked in his pockets. "Oh, it's Daehyun!" I gasped. "So Daehyunnie is that special someone Yongguk-oppa was talking about?"

 

Suddenly, he turned his head towards me and locked eyes with me. A gentle smile graced his face and surprisingly, it took my breath away as a funny feeling engulfed me. And for the first time since I asked for Myungsoo-oppa's advice, I felt my face heat up as I shyly peeked up at Daehyun. This hasn't happened for a very long time already.

 

His soft voice broke me from my thoughts.

 

"Hey."

 

 

===========================

 

 

Sooyun and Daedae's alone time up next :) Could he possibly make his move then? *Gasp!*

 

Haha, we'll see, we'll see. And thanks to my new subbies too ^^ See you all next chapter.