Blossom 2

Lotus Blossom Love

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

"And I have decided that you, Daehyun-ssi, shall help me achieve that."

 

This girl, what is wrong with her?

 

"No, I will not, because angels do not exist." I looked up at her and saw her big, innocent-looking light brown eyes and feminine features. Although she does look like one, I found myself thinking and immediately shook those thoughts away. Aish, Jung Daehyun, pull yourself together!

 

"May I ask, what business do you really have with me?"

 

A look of discontent filled her face as her eyebrows furrowed. "I have already told you. I am here for your help to complete my training, thus rendering me an angel of full status."

 

"Please miss, enough of this angel talk. How old do you think I am?" I was seriously starting to get a little frustrated with this girl.

 

"Well, judging from your appearance, you look around the age of an eighteen year old human boy."

 

"Actually I'm still 17 right now, but close enou-Wait! That's not what I meant! Argh!"

 

She blinked at me.

 

I took a deep breath to compose myself. "Ok, please listen to me here miss. I do not know why you have come here to tell me all this stuff. But what I do know is that you are NOT an angel, no matter how much you may want to be. And I have the utmost confidence to say that you will NEVER be an angel."

 

She pouted at me. "Hey, that's a bit mean."

 

I perked up in hope. Did she finally get what I'm trying to say?

 

"The only reason why I'm not a full angel yet is because I have yet to complete my training. But I'm almost there! Just because I'm taking a little longer than the ideal time to complete my mission doesn't mean that I'll definitely fail. Stop discouraging me, you meanie." She stood her with her arms crossed, sulking.

 

"No, NO, NO! What I'm trying to say is that angels don't exist! So you're not an angel!"

 

"Am too!"

 

"No you're not!"

 

"Wanna bet?"

 

Seriously, I had absolutely no idea that behind that innocent image of hers would be this childish person. But then again, who was I to say that? I wasn't any less childish, as I joined her in this juvenile argument in front of my house. We kept going on and on and didn't stop until an old granny walking past told us to be quiet because we were disturbing the peace and quiet. I bowed in apology as the girl stopped arguing and did the same.

 

After the granny left, I opened my mouth again. "Why do you keep insisting that you're an angel? And also the rest of that ridiculous stuff you were spouting?"

 

She stomped her foot.

 

"Aish! This human here, not believing a word I say, even though I've already told him countless times that I'm not lying," she muttered. "Giving me the look as if to say that I'm crazy and that I'm spouting absolute nonsense. He even had the nerve to say that I was being ridiculous! I might as well have just told him that I was a pixie! Those things most definitely aren't real! I mean, how hard is it to believe that angels really exist? I'm standing right here now, aren't I? Aish! This dumbo human, why is he so frustrating!"

 

I couldn't help but to let out a chuckle after hearing that frustrated rant of hers. Immediately, her head snapped up and her face brightened.

 

"You laughed! You're smiling! So does that mean that you believe me now?"

 

I softened on seeing her hopeful expression, and decided to give her a chance. "Ok miss, so you say you're an angel?"

 

"Yep! Lee Sooyun, Angel of the Lotus Blossom," she nodded her head like a kid.

 

"Then prove it," I challenged. "If you can prove to me that you really are an angel, then I'll believe you and promise to help you."

 

"Really?!" She smiled brightly and her eyes sparkled. "Piece of cake!"

 

I raised an eyebrow at her confident remark and anticipated her next move.

 

"Actually, if you have been paying attention to my lotus blossom, then I have already proved it to you."

 

I shot her a confused look.

 

"My precious blossom here, changes colour in correspondence with my mood. So if I'm happy, it turns yellow. If I'm sad, it turns a shade of deep blue." She raised an arm to point at the flower in her hair. "Since I'm feeling discontented right now because you just won't believe me, it should be something of a darkish green colour.

 

I directed my eyes towards the lotus in her hair - and surely enough, the flower was no longer the light pink I remembered it to be, but a slightly-deep shade of green. Surprised, I must say I was, but I wasn't ready to believe her just yet. Not with such weak proof like this.

 

"How do I know that your flower doesn't just work like those mood rings out there? No. Not good enough. I need better proof than that."

 

Sooyun huffed in annoyance. "Aish, fine. But you better not come up with some lame excuse for what I'm going to do next!"

 

With that said, she lifted her left arm towards my flower garden then closed her eyes. She took a deep breath, holding it for a few seconds, before breathing out, her eyes fluttering open.

 

"...la...la la... La la la"

 

I froze in my spot. It was the sound of someone singing, a female voice, and it was gradually getting louder.

 

"La~~ La la la~~~ La la la la!~~~"

 

I shifted my attention to Sooyun, whose eyes were closed again, looking as if she was in deep concentration. My gaze left her face, as I followed the direction of her arm, her fingers moving, to my flower garden. Where was the sound coming from?

 

Then there it was - I saw it, the origin of the singing voice. Right in the middle of the garden was a yellow flower, shining much more brightly - abnormally - than the others which it was nestled amongst. With it's petals opening and closing, the flower sang a beautiful melody like that of a young girl. I stood there, with my mouth slightly agape, as I basked myself in the peaceful music.

 

All too soon, the singing stopped, as Sooyun dropped her arm and opened her eyes, the yellow flower losing it's unusual brightness and swaying along with the other flowers to the calm wind passing by. I was still mesmerised by what I had just seen and heard, as it left me feeling strangely calm, peaceful, and relaxed. I was broken out of my reverie by the sound of her voice.

 

"From that mushy look on your face, I'd say you believe me now."

 

I opened my mouth to object. "What if you were jus-"

 

"Hey, I said no more lame excuses!"

 

I shut my mouth.

 

Silence.

 

There was really no need for me to object any further, because deep down I already knew that she had won me over.

 

"So, do you believe me now?"

 

I sighed. "Yes, I believe you."

 

She brightened up once again and clapped her hands like a little girl. "Assa! So that means that you'll help me now!"

 

I looked at her and nodded.

 

"So Sooyun-sshi…"

 

"Just Sooyun is fine!"

 

"Ah, yes. So Sooyun, may I ask why it is that you chose me of all people to help you?"

 

She giggled. "Actually, it wasn't you in particular I wanted to choose. I just noticed this pretty flower garden here and decided on the owner of this house. Which happened to be you." She smiled widely.

 

So it was the flower garden which attracted her here… Gee, thanks Mum. Yeah, that's right. My flower garden was actually grown by my mother because she loves flowers. I just take care of it so my mother can see it every time she comes over to visit. Not that I mind though, as it does make the house look a lot nicer from the outside, and more like a home. Not knowing this, my neighbours were surprised to find out that a teenage boy occupied this house.

 

Sooyun noticed me looking at the house, and diverted her gaze there too.

 

"So, I see this is where we'll be staying. What a nice little house you have here, Daehyun-ssi. I like it already!"

 

I straightened up with widened eyes in shock and turned to stare at her.

 

"Wait, what?! 'We'? What do you mean by 'we'?!"

 

"Well, I'll be staying with you now that you've agreed to help me," she replied nonchalantly.

 

I stared at her in disbelief. "Why with me?"

 

"Because I only just came down here from the divine world. I don't know anyone here and I don't have anywhere else to go." Once again, she put on her innocent face and looked at me sadly. "You… don't want me here?"

 

I could feel myself slowly caving into that innocent face of hers. It's not like I could just leave her outside with no place to go. Tsk, damn me and my stupid conscience.

 

I sighed. "No, it's not that… Ok then, you can stay here with me."

 

Sooyun immediately smiled and jumped up to hug me. "Thank you, Daehyun-ssi!" I froze in my spot and could already feel my cheeks starting to burn.

 

She pulled away and started dragging me by the arm with both of her hands to the front door.

 

"Quickly, quickly! I want to see the inside of your house!"

 

I let myself be dragged by her towards the entrance. I can already sense that this girl will be a lot of trouble… Jung Daehyun, what have you gotten yourself into?

 

===========================================================================================================

 

A big shout out to soshifan96 and dreamingstar for being my very first two subscribers!!! :D

Thank you guys, it really motivates me to write more, knowing that there are people who want to read my story :')

 

Only Daehyun's P.O.V this chapter. Hmm... maybe I should add Sooyun's P.O.V in the next?

Feel free to leave comments and subscribe ^^