Blossom 4

Lotus Blossom Love

 

Author's P.O.V

 

There was silence as the five astonished boys gaped and just stood there dumbly. They stared at Sooyun's halo, then went down to her face, then looked at Daehyun facepalming before locking their eyes back on her brilliantly shining halo.

 

"What in the world...?" Youngjae didn't know what to say after that.

 

"Actually, she's obviously not even from this world," Daehyun muttered.

 

"I N C O R R E C T," Sooyun stated like a robot, as the attention of every person in the room returned to her. "For the record, I used to be human just like you. And you. And you and you and you and you." She raised a slim, elegant finger and pointed to each and every boy. "I became an angel after I died."

 

Daehyun looked at Sooyun, obviously surprised. "Angels used to be humans?"

 

"Nope!" she replied as she shook her head. "Just me."

 

The two were interrupted by Yongguk. "Wai-wai-wait!" He met Sooyun's gaze after glancing at her halo again and shot her a cautious look. "Who, or what, exactly are you?"

 

Sooyun breathed out calmly. "I believe I should introduce myself again, and PROPERLY this time without SOMEBODY fabricating lies." She narrowed her eyes at Daehyun, who coughed awkwardly whilst looking away.

 

"It's nice to meet you all (again). I'm Lee Sooyun, the Angel of the Lotus Blossom, the first ever in divine history." She gracefully curtsied once again.

 

Say what? First ever? I don't remember her telling me that, Daehyun thought to himself.

 

Even now the five were still shell-shocked, standing their ground firmly with wide eyes. Sooyun giggled in amusement upon seeing them still in this state. Daehyun noticed the lotus blossom in her hair had turned a shade of light orange.

 

"Awww, are you boys really that surprised to see a real angel? You guys are so adorable ~~~" she cooed.

 

Daehyun scoffed inside his head. So what, they're adorable whilst I'm a stubborn meanie?

 

"So noona's an angel? Like a real angel from heaven?" Sooyun nodded her head towards Jongup with a smile and a "Yep!"

 

"Waah, that is sooo cool!" Zelo jumped up excitedly. "No wonder noona's so pretty!"

 

Sooyun let out a delighted laugh and went over to pinch both the maknaes' cheeks - Jongup's with her left hand and Zelo's with her right. "Aigoo, my Dongsaengies are so cute ~~~"

 

With that, Himchan sprang up and tried to get her attention. "What about me! I'm cute too, right Sooyunnie?" He then proceeded to perform his insufferable aegyo, as the whole kitchen burst into laughter with feet stomping the ground. To Sooyun's surprise and amusement, Daehyun was rolling around on the floor, unable to control his laughter.

 

"Hey! Stop laughing!" Himchan protested, but ended up laughing along with the others.

 

"Himchan-oppa, as exaggerated as that may have been, you were still so cute!" Sooyun laughed. Himchan grinned with satisfaction.

 

"Hang on a minute. So Daehyun, you already knew about this? And not only did you not tell us, you even lied to try and keep it from us?" Yongguk interrogated.

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

"I'm sorry for keeping it from you guys. But I really didn't know how you guys would react or how everything would turn out." The guys all nodded and said it's ok. "Besides, I only just met her not too long before you lot came barging into my house," I added jokingly.

 

Well, it seems like the guys have finally accepted the fact that Sooyun's an angel. The two maknaes and that babo hyung of ours were especially happy about it, as they constantly hovered around her.

 

"Uh, Sooyun-ah. Now that we know your true identity, would you care to explain to us why you have come here to the 'human world'?" Youngjae asked.

 

"Yeah! Noona, tell us stories of what life is like for angels in heaven!" Zelo looked at her expectantly with bright eyes. It wasn't very hard to tell that the other guys were just as eager to hear more from Sooyun - likewise with me, since there was still so much I didn't know about her.

 

"Sure thing!"

 

"Hey, why don't we all go get comfy in the living room instead of just standing here?" Yongguk-hyung suggested.

 

They all nodded their heads in agreement before filing out of the kitchen to the living room. I stayed back in the kitchen to get ice cream for everyone. I mean hey, what's a good story-telling session without snacks? Jongup - being the nice guy that he was - helped me take out the bowls once I was done preparing them.

 

All in all, Sooyun told us a little about how life was like in heaven and why she had come to the mortal world. We found out that she was really 1299 years old, but angels aged much slower than humans, hence, she looked 17. Angels were only capable of dying from old age - which varied from individual to individual - and there was no disease or sickness in heaven. Sooyun showed them her lotus blossom, to which the guys 'oohed' and 'ahhed' as they saw the colours changing. Oh, God, their reactions were hilarious! Her superiors told her that she was once a human, but was reborn as a divine entity after she died. She told us how she couldn't remember a thing about her previous life on Earth but had recently started getting these little flashbacks once in a while which made no sense to her.

 

Unfortunately, Sooyun had no idea as to what she even had to achieve for the final part of her training. It just makes it that much more difficult for me to fulfil my promise to her - how great is life. The only thing her superiors told her before sending her here was that learning how to live as a human would help her in the completion of her training.

 

Soon enough, Sooyun started yawning. I noticed her looking not quite so energetic, her eyelids drooping. Even the colour of her lotus blossom had turned into a dullish brown. I looked at the time. It was only 10PM at the moment.

 

Yongguk must've noticed her current state. "Ok guys, I think that's enough for tonight. We should leave Daehyun and Sooyun to rest now, and we still have school tomorrow morning too."

 

The guys gave me their 'catch you later's and said their goodnights to Sooyun - who responded with a weak wave and an exhausted smile. Why is she so tired all of a sudden?

 

After the group left, I told Sooyun to head up to her room. "Sooyun-ah, you look really tired. You should go get some rest now." She nodded her head and I watched as she walked up the stairs like a zombie, closing the door behind her softly as she entered her room. I headed up to mine afterwards.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I woke up the next morning to a wonderful smell wafting from the kitchen. Heading down, I was surprised to find Sooyun already up bright and early, making breakfast.

 

Noticing my presence, she turned around and smiled happily. "Daehyun-ah, you're up! Look what I found." She held up a book. "A cookbook! I'm making pancakes for breakfast, so go wash up and it'll be ready by the time you're done."

 

Wow, I didn't expect this. Second day here and she's already making me breakfast? Besides… "Angels can cook?" I voiced out my thoughts.

 

"No, it's because I'm so wonderful and can do everything." I raised an eyebrow at her conceited reply. "Aish, just joking, pabo. Angels need to eat too, so yes, we can cook."

 

I nodded in understanding. Even after last night's little debriefing, there was still so much I didn't know.

 

"But you've got to admit…" Sooyun started with a mischievous look, "I am pretty amazing."

 

I rolled my eyes at her and headed up to wash as I heard laughter behind me.

 

Soon after, I heard my doorbell ring and rushed down to answer the door. Five guys in school uniform stood there grinning at me like idiots. "HEY Daehyun!" Again, Yongguk-hyung slung his arm around my shoulders as they all invited themselves into my house.

 

"So what are you guys doing here so early in the morning?" I asked.

 

"Junhong here showed up at my house real early this morning saying he wanted to see Sooyun." He jabbed a thumb towards Zelo. "I supposed we all wanted to too, so I called the guys up and here we are." Figures.

 

"Sooyun-noona! I'm here!" Zelo called out then ran off to find her. Jongup followed.

 

Himchan held up a bag in front of me. "I figured Sooyun-ah needed some clothing, so I got her some of my noona's old clothing."

 

Youngjae sniffed the air. "Woah, something smells good."

 

We all walked into the kitchen to find Sooyun standing next to a large platter of freshly-made pancakes, engulfed in Zelo's bone-crushing hug. I sighed, then strided over to pull him off her. He pouted, then sat down next to Jongup - who was already eating - and started munching on Sooyun's pancakes.

 

"Good morning Yongguk-oppa, Himchan-oppa, Youngjae-ah!" she greeted. "Come, sit down! I made heaps of pancakes, so there's more than enough for everyone."

 

I felt my stomach grumble. Boy, those looked good. I let out a satisfied 'Mmm…" as I bit into a pancake. "Who would've thought you would be good at cooking?"

 

"Yah! Jung Daehyun, what do you mean by that?!" Sooyun reached over the table to hit my head with a wooden spoon.

 

"Ow!" I rubbed the spot she hit whilst everybody laughed.

 

"We should probably get going now, before we're late to school," Yongguk said after glancing at the time on his phone.

 

Sooyun pouted sadly. "If you guys are going to school, then what am I supposed to do all day?" she whined.

 

"Aww, we're sorry Sooyun-noona," Zelo apologized. "I would stay here with you, but then mum would come after me for skipping school."

 

Sooyun smiled at him. "It's okay Zelo-ah. Go off to school without any worries. I'll be fine." Wow, what a quick change in mood.

 

"We'll be back around 4, Sooyun-ah. Find something to do while we're gone. Take care, okay?" I said.

 

She nodded her head as we left the house after saying bye.

 

=====================================================================

Hello again! I missed my update yesterday.... :( But not to worry, here it is! :D

Thank you for the support and see you all next update! 

^^