Blossom 8

Lotus Blossom Love

 

Author's P.O.V

 

"Oh look, it's Myungsoo-ssi from the mall!" Sooyun nudged the two boys on either side of her, neither looking at all pleased with his presence.

 

She frowned at their lack of reaction, turning her head left then right to scan their faces.

 

What is that guy doing here?! Doesn't he go to Woollim High with 'Infinite'?!, both Daehyun and Youngjae screamed in their heads.

 

Looking up again, Sooyun met Myungsoo's gaze. He shot her a smile and a wink, to which she returned with a cheerful smile. Noticing this little interaction between the two, Daehyun narrowed his eyes. God, please don't tell me …

 

"I sincerely hope you will all be able to make Lee Sooyun-haksaeng and Kim Myungsoo-haksaeng feel welcome and offer them help when they need it," Mr Park said. "Myungsoo-haksaeng, please take a seat."

 

Myungsoo scanned the room for an empty seat and was pleased to find that there was only one - right in front of… Youngjae. Happily taking his seat, Myungsoo turned around to face Sooyun.

 

"Lee Sooyun-yang, we meet again, beautiful angel." He shot her a delighted smile.

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

I knew it… He came to this school for Sooyun, I thought, glaring at Myungsoo. What ulterior motive does he have?

 

"Yes, it's nice to meet you again, Myungsoo-ssi!" she giggled. "Isn't it great that we happen to be in the same school?"

 

He chuckled. "Of course it is. It must have been fate which brought us together."

 

I jerked in my seat, half gagging at the corniness of his words and half scoffing at how stupid they were. Fate my , you deliberately transferred here knowing she'd be with me!

 

He must have noticed my reaction, as he turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "What's with you?"

 

I opened my mouth to say something but before I could utter a word, Youngjae cut in. "Why are you here?"

 

"To learn, why else," Myungsoo retorted.

 

Youngjae narrowed his eyes at him. "You know what I mean. Why did you transfer to TS High?"

 

Shifting his gaze between Youngjae and I, he looked at us with an amused expression. "Well, let's just say that I was getting a little bored at my old school and knowing I had to work harder for senior year, I decided to move somewhere I knew would be more interesting." At that last word, a sly expression made its way to his face. I could feel myself getting more irritated by the second.

 

Sooyun was clearly oblivious to it. That airhead, I shook my head.

 

"Wow, Myungsoo-ssi, you're amazing! Moving schools to motivate yourself to work harder. So admirable ~~~" she praised with a great big smile on her face. I can't believe she actually finds him admirable… phony jerk. As strange as it was, I felt uncomfortable with how friendly she was towards him. Irritated, even.

 

But for once, Mr. Park came to my rescue. "Lee Sooyun! Kim Myungsoo! I know that it's your first day here, but it is common classroom etiquette to not talk while I'm teaching!"

 

To my annoyance, the two resorted to passing notes to each other very indiscreetly when Mr. Park's back was turned. Practically the whole class knew what they were doing. No matter how much I tried to ignore them and concentrate on the lesson, my attention was always drawn back. I clenched my teeth and fists to try and suppress the anger erupting within me. But when it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, I kicked Sooyun's leg under the table.

 

At last she took her attention away from Myungsoo and turned to look at me with an unreadable expression. "Stop messing around," I whispered, with my eyes piercing hers. But to my surprise, she kicked me back! She smiled at me whilst I glared at her. This girl here thinks I'm playing with her!

 

With the next note passed to her, I snatched it from her hands and shoved it into my pocket. Noticing this, Myungsoo shot me a glare, before turning back to face the front and finally started treating the class like a lesson.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"What's that guy doing here?!"

 

News about Myungsoo's arrival must have spread like wildfire, because as soon as the bell rang for the first break and I got to my locker, four crazy guys appeared out of nowhere and encircled me. I wasn't all that surprised. Seeing how popular Infinite was, I was sure many students here already knew about them.

 

"I don't know!" I growled angrily. Taking a minute to think, I realized that, actually, I kind of did know… Tsk. I was feeling really irritated just thinking about the two of them in class.

 

"But it seems like L's the only one here," Jongup pointed out.

 

The others nodded. "The rest of Infinite are probably still at Woollim," Yongguk said.

 

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. "Then why the hell is L here? And by himself as well?"

 

"It seems to me that him being here alone is for a personal reason, outside that of Infinite's," a voice came from behind us. Youngjae appeared and pushed Zelo - who was leaning on Youngjae's locker next to mine - off.

 

Despite that, Zelo burst out laughing. "Hyungs, you're making it sound like Infinite is a gang or something."

 

"Myungsoo's here for Sooyun. I'm sure of it, seeing how he's all over her…" I spat in distaste, mumbling the last part.

 

At the mention of Sooyun's name, four pairs of eyes popped wide open. "WHAT?!"

 

"What does that filthy pest want with my Sooyunnie?!" Himchan bellowed.

 

"Nooo!!! Not Noona!" Zelo cried, and hugged the equally worried Jongup. "Where is Noona now anyway?"

 

Most likely with him, I thought resentfully. I really wanted to go look for them, to pull Sooyun away from him. But I already knew, what use would that be? Seeing how fond she is of him, she'll just latch herself back onto him anyway...

 

Yongguk's eye twitched. "What is this slug up to?" he growled in a low voice.

 

Youngjae told them what happened during today's class - which was met by an outroar of protests. Hearing him  retell the story caused images of Sooyun and Myungsoo together to replay inside my head, aggravating me even further. Airheaded Sooyun, why can't you just stop and think for a change… Damn you Myungsoo. I clenched my fists to control my anger.

 

The whole break was spent huddled around our lockers, discussing the matter of Myungsoo's transferral to TS High. The word 'eliminate' was thrown around a few times again. Right now, I seriously couldn't care less whether Yongguk really 'eliminated' him or not.

 

Soon it was time for the second period, as I reluctantly dragged my feet to our next class knowing that I was in for another two periods of 'Myungsoo + Sooyun Time', as Youngjae trailed behind me. I really need to get her away from him, somehow.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I flopped onto the cafeteria seat. The others were already munching on their lunches, waiting for Sooyun to arrive. For the past two dreadful lessons, I tried to stop Sooyun from continuing on with her little talk fest with Myungsoo during class. My efforts were met with sheer disappointment, as she either ignored my complete entirety or thought I was playing with her, eventually finding a way around each time. Of course, that 'jerk of a Myungsoo' just had to smirk at me and basked in his success. Never had I been so exhausted from two lessons. Sighing, I burrowed my face in my palms. Seriously, what am I supposed to do…

 

"You alright?" Yongguk patted my back from beside me. I nodded weakly.

 

"He was trying to do something about Sooyun and Myungsoo during class. You guys could probably guess the outcome," Youngjae sighed.

 

Himchan pushed away his lunch. "Aish, really Sooyunnie, what is she doing!"

 

"Where is Sooyunnie-noona!" Zelo demanded.

 

Sooyun popped up out of nowhere. "Right here, Junhonggie!"

 

"Noona!" Zelo jumped up to hug her, smiling in complete happiness - until he realized who was standing right behind her.

 

"Yah, what do you think you're doing here?" I glared at Myungsoo, who just smirked back as usual. You better wipe that stupid smirk off your face before I do it for you. Permanently, I thought dangerously.

 

"Myungsoo's here to join us!" Our jaws dropped. Should've known, coming from her… I shut my eyes in frustration.

 

Hearing them sit down side by side right opposite me, I opened my eyes but looked in another direction. There was awkward silence as the rest of the guys refused to talk to Myungsoo. Jongup tried to break the tension in the air.

 

"Noona, here, we got you some food too," he smiled slightly, pushing a tray of food in front of her.

 

"Thank you Jonguppie! Always so considerate of noona ~~~"

 

And so proceeded by far the WORST lunchtime ever in the history of Jung Daehyun's life. To make the painfully long and tense lunchtime short, Sooyun (who I by now have concluded has reached a new level of airheaded stupidity) personally fed Myungsoo half of her lunch - who never failed to insult each and every one of us guys between bites (indirectly as to not raise her awareness), which resulted in the most catastrophic eruption of anguished protests and occasional threats of physical violence.

 

Not that it affected pea-brain here and her smirky-jerky friend, who continued on as if it was the most natural thing to do.

 

I found it very, very hard to believe that Sooyun, who was really a 1299 year old angel, could be this dense. Eventually, I reached my limit as I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up abruptly, grabbed Sooyun's wrist, and pulled her out of the cafeteria without another word.

 

"Daehyun, what are you doing!" she cried out.

 

We walked past a few buildings.

 

"Daehyun?"

 

I didn't answer.

 

"Hey, where are we going?"

 

I ignored her and kept dragging her.

 

"Yah! Jung Daehyun!"

 

Finally I let go of her, as we reached the old, deserted basketball court on the other side of the school.

 

Turning around to face her, I said, almost pleadingly, "Stop, just please… stop…"

 

"Stop what?" Sooyun was confused and a little annoyed.

 

I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated. "Stop. Just stop being so close and friendly to that Myungsoo. You don't even know him!"

 

"Well, it's exactly because I don't know him that I want to be friendly to get to know him," she replied.

 

"No!" I shouted. "What I mean is that you don't know what he's like! Don't trust people so easily! You'll put yourself in danger that way! Why can't you just stop and think for a change instead of being so rash and immature?!" I glared at her.

 

There was silence, followed by her light sniffling, as I instantly realized I had been too harsh on her and started to regret acting on impulse. I sighed. Jung Daehyun, what have you done?

 

"B-but… a-all I e-v-ver w-wan-t-ted w-wa-s t-to m-make n-ne-w f-frie-n-nd-s…" Sooyun sniffed, head down facing the ground.

 

My heart felt uncomfortable.

 

Gently, I tilted her chin up and slowly wiped away her tears. Never before have I seen her even anywhere near this upset - ever 'Sooyun the endorphin' she was. And now she was actually crying… because of me. Man, I screwed up big time...

 

"Sooyun-ah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I'm sorry, I really am. It's just that… I'm worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt, you know that?"

 

She looked at me with those big eyes, glistened with tears. "R-really?"

 

I nodded my head softly. "Yes, really."

 

"S-so, I c-cant be f-friends… with M-myungsoo?"

 

I sighed. I really wanted to say no, but I realized how unreasonable that would be if I did. Because other than Myungsoo being an arrogant flirt who irritated the hell out of me, he didn't really do anything. Although, I was sure he was up to something.

 

"You… can…" I finally replied. Immediately she brightened up a bit. "It's just that… I wouldn't trust him all that much. You can be friends with him, Sooyun-ah, but… just don't get too close to him. Try not to be alone with him, okay?"

 

Sooyun nodded her head. "Okay… so it's just because you don't want me trusting people that easily?" she asked.

 

"Yeah." I told myself that that was the only reason why, but there was something eating away at the back of my head, telling me that there was more to it than I believed so.

 

"Thank you, Daehyunnie." Finally, she smiled. It was very slight, but still, it was a smile.

 

Smiling back, I held her hand comfortingly as the bell rang for the end of lunchbreak.

 

"Come on, let's head to class. Of all classes, we wouldn't want to be late to this one," I said.

 

Surely enough, when we arrived to the History class made horrid by Dictator Kim, we saw that he was already there, just waiting to prey on any late student.

 

"Ah, so I see we have two new students today," Mr. Kim mused, when the class had settled. "Then lets have a test again, shall we, to see whether their knowledge, as well as yours, is up to scratch!" The whole class groaned inaudibly, not daring to make a sound.

 

"Any student failing this test will stay back after school for punishment!" Whoo, luckily I've learnt to constantly revise and study ahead for History. But what about Sooyun…

 

I glanced over to her in concern. She'd been quiet all this time. Noticing my worried expression, she lifted her hand to signal me an 'ok' before turning her attention back to Dictator Kim. "You have 50 minutes. Start!"

 

 

In the end, I was relieved to find that I passed the test - even more so that Sooyun did too. Actually, the whole class had passed this time. Except for one student. You probably already know who.

 

"Kim Myungsoo!" the Dictator barked. "You failed. Stay back for your punishment when class finishes!"

 

Myungsoo groaned and muttered something under his breath. Something along the lines of 'Cranky old b@$t@rd'.

 

To my complete shock and disappointment, Sooyun stood up from her seat and objected. "Mr. Kim! I find that to be very unfair. It is Myungsoo's first day here and he has yet to be informed of the expectations to be met. Additionally, he was but a mere one percent from passing the test. A very acceptable achievement to be exempted from punishment and be instead used as a first warning for improvement!"

 

The whole class gaped at her, including Youngjae and I. Nobody has ever talked back to Mr. Kim before - but here she was, standing up for another student (which just had to be that stupid jerk called Myungsoo). Even Mr. Kim himself was slightly taken aback.

 

"Little girl, seeing as how you passed the test, I will let you off if you apologize to me immediately and sit down," Mr. Kim growled through clenched teeth.

 

"No! I am standing up for what I believe is fair and right!" Sooyun retorted.

 

The whole class stared at her in admiration, as she stood there strong and proud under the bright golden light. Until I realized that she was actually emitting that light. Crap! On her other side, Youngjae must have realized too, as we held both of her wrists and yanked her back down into her seat.

 

Suddenly, the bell rang for the end of school.

 

"Foolish girl!" the Dictator growled in anger. "Don't even think I will let you leave this classroom! Both you and Myungsoo are getting punished!"

 

Sooyun stood up again. "Fine by me!"

 

I turned to shoot her a glare. "What do you think you're doing?!" I hissed in a whisper.

 

"Sooyun, please don't," Youngjae pleaded. Neither of us wanted her to make the situation any worse than it already was.

 

"You and Myungsoo, you two imbeciles are to clean this whole classroom until it is spotless! I don't want to see even a single dot of ink on these tables! You two are not leaving until you are done!"

 

My jaw dropped. These tables were old. Real old. Like 'covered in more than 15 years of doodling and graffiti' old. Not to mention the anything-but-clean walls and floor. It would take a long time to finish cleaning this classroom. It would take hours. But it was something else which tugged at my mind more than all of this.

 

Myungsoo and Sooyun would be alone together the whole time.

 

 

===========================================================

 

Hello there, I have returned with Chapter 8 :) Sorry about the 3-day-no-update thing, I was kind of stuck :P

 

And thank you so much to the new subscribers :) I have decided not to point out the usernames because some people might not like that, but you guys know who you are hahaha.

 

Thank You all for the support. Feel free to comment and subscribe!

^^