Blossom 1

Lotus Blossom Love

 

713 A.D.

 

Author's P.O.V

 

Two figures, a male and a female, each wearing an exquisite white gown with the appearance of a human in their early thirties, stood upon the clouds. They were the superior divine beings, holding the utmost authority within those of the divine world. Together, they gazed down at the clouds, which seemed to move apart as an image appeared in place. Figures were moving. They were mortal beings - humans, as they called themselves. The two watched on as a young girl was willingly sacrificed on behalf of her village, plunging beneath the murky waters with a strangely peaceful and calm expression.

 

The male turned his head to the side and examined the face of his beautiful female companion. It was twisted in concern, face filled with woe, as her eyebrows crinkled. Despite holding such an expression, her beauty was incomprehensible.

 

"Such a shame, this young girl. For her life to end so shortly like this."

She sighed and looked up at her handsome partner. "She is different to the other humans. Special, if I may say."

 

His expression softened. "Yes, she is. I can see that too. Her willingness to sacrifice her life for the survival of her family, friends, and fellow villagers. The calm, peaceful way she submitted herself away."

 

He paused, the two of them looking down at the mourning yet hopeful village, before continuing. "Her story shall not end like this. She will live on, if not as a mortal, then as that of the divine."

 

Surprise took over the female's facial expression as she looked at the male in the eyes. "You mean…"

 

He nodded his head. "Yes. She shall be reborn. Not as like any other divine, but as that of her own that has not once existed before. As she was submitted to the swamp of lotus blossoms, she will carry on the representations of the lotus - that of fortune, survival, prosperity, rebirth and reincarnation, and purity of the mind and soul."

 

The female was obviously elated with her partner's decision, as she giggled slightly, revealing her light-hearted character despite her superiority. "Surprisingly enough, the girl's name comes as of much coincidence. Her name, Lee Sooyun, means that of a perfect lotus blossom. Wonderful name, at that, it need not be changed."

 

Seeing his companion's face light up, a smile graced the male's lips. "As she shall now be reborn into our divine world with that name."

 

A large lotus blossom bud rose from beneath the clouds  and appeared before the two. With a motion of the male's hand, the bud blossomed into a beautiful pink lotus blossom, opening up to reveal a newborn baby angel with pearl white wings, peaceful in her slumber. The wings soon disappeared, as four large lotus blossom buds, each the size of the bud from which the newborn had emerged from, appeared on either side. They watched as the two buds to the left of the first bud opened up and blossomed, one into a white lotus and the other into a blue lotus.

 

"Ah, the white lotus, symbolising that of the purity of mind and spirit. The blue, representing that of common sense - wisdom and logic to create enlightenment," the female spoke. "All that which she has achieved in her human life."

 

With that said, one of the buds on the right opened and blossomed into a purple lotus blossom. The male nodded with understanding. "And now, living on as a divine being, she has achieved yet another. The purple lotus, which speaks of spirituality and mysticism."

 

As if on cue, the two angels locked their eyes onto the remaining flower bud. "The red remains to be achieved."

 

The male held her gaze, with a serious expression masking his face. "She will remain as an angel-in-training until the day she accomplishes her final mission and the red lotus blooms, hence completing her training to become a full angel."

 

The female nodded, but then stopped. She sighed. "There's more, isn't there."

 

"Yes, unfortunately. She must complete her training before this very day 1300 years later, when her physical age becomes that of an 18 year old human girl, the very age at which she was sacrificed."

 

"1300 years," she breathed. "As a lotus blossom bud will last up to 1300 years before it cannot ever blossom again. It may sound like a long time, yet it may not be enough time."

 

Again, there was silence. Not more needed to be said, as the two knew very well what will happen if the newborn angel did not accomplish her duty before this day.

 

The male broke the silence with his voice. "From this day onwards, this newborn angel shall be the first of her type, introducing reincarnation for the very first time."

 

"She shall be known as Lee Sooyun, the Angel of the Lotus Blossom."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Currently in year 2013…

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

I sighed as I sat in class with my right elbow propped up on the table with my hand holding up my face. Park Seonsaeng-nim was explaining the details of our Biology assignment. Great, start off the first lesson of my first day of senior year with an assignment already. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this way - for obvious reasons - as half the class either shot him glares or gave him bored looks, whilst the other half ignored him completely and proceeded to either sleep or talk to those around them. With the exception of Youngjae to my right here, of course. That nerd. Sitting up straight and giving his full attention to the teacher already.

 

Park Seonsaeng-nim noticed the class's (mostly) unenthusiastic state and slammed his textbook onto the table. All the students flinched, then quietened and sat up straight. Well, I guess that did the trick.

 

"You are all senior students this year! This is your final year in highschool, which will determine your future and what university you will go to - if you even want to further your studies, which I hope all of you will! You should be giving everything you've got from the very beginning through to the very end! Do you understand?!" he raged.

 

"Yes!" the class chorused.

 

"Good." He finished off the explanation of the assignment (Oh God, there's so much to do…), then begun teaching the content.

 

I sighed yet again then glanced outside the window. Being the beginning of March, it's the first sunny day we've had in a while, since we've just eased out of the winter period into spring. I quickly turned my head back to the front to pay attention before Park Seonsaeng-nim noticed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Catch you guys later!" I bid my group of B.A.P bros goodbye then went off on my way home.

 

I lived pretty far off from the school and the heart of Seoul. This was because my parents wanted me to live in an actual house and not an apartment, claiming it would be more comfortable for me. Which it is, so I'm not complaining.  The distance never stopped the guys from crashing my house every so often. Actually, scratch that. They come over all the time. I suppose it's because there's more freedom since I live by myself?

 

After getting on a subway, catching a bus and a ten minute walk, I finally to my street. I noticed the street seemed brighter now, as flowers were now blooming proudly on the sidewalk that I definitely did not notice this morning. Hmm, strange. Maybe the flowers opened because it's so sunny?

 

I kept on walking and edged closer to my house. Soon enough, I could see a figure sitting on my doorstep. It was a girl around my age. I walked to her and she stood up, seeing me approaching her.

 

She had semi-wavy, light brown long  hair with the front of her hair braided back, with a pink flower decor in her hair. I looked closely at it and noticed it was a lotus blossom. She was clad with white attire - a white dress, white stockings and white flats. With those big eyes of hers, she simply radiated innocence.

 

I cleared my throat to speak.

 

"Hello, Miss, are you looking for someone?"

 

"Yes. Are you the owner of this house?"

 

Me? Why might she be looking for me? "Erm, yes I am. How may I help you?"

 

With that, she smiled, a smile as bright as the sun and as beautiful as the lotus blossom in her hair that I was momentarily blinded. I was brought back to reality when she held out her hand.

 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet the owner of this beautiful flower garden."

 

I held out my hand and shook hers. "Thank you. It's nice to meet you too. I'm Jung Daehyun. And you are...?"

 

"Oh! Daehyun-ssi, please forgive me for forgetting my manners." She bowed and straightened up to introduce herself.

"I am Lee Sooyun, Angel of the Lotus Blossom," she smiled proudly.

 

I shot her a confused look. "W-what?"

 

"Well, technically I am an angel-in-training as I have yet to become a fully-fledged angel."

 

I gaped at her. What is this girl on about? Angel? Is she serious?! A girl her age joking around about stuff like this.

She seemed to be able to sense my thoughts and immediately pouted.

 

"I know what you're thinking. But I'm not pulling your leg because angels are real, and I am indeed an angel. Well, in training."

 

I narrowed my eyes at her, still not buying it, but I decided to go along with it to see what she had to say. "So, what business do you have here in the human world?" I couldn't help but to scoff inside as I said that.

 

She smiled that smile yet again. "I am here to complete my training to become a full angel."

She stopped and gave me a slightly mischievous look. I waited for her to continue.

 

"And I have decided that you, Daehyun-ssi, shall help me achieve that."

 

==============================================================================

 

First Chapter is up ^^ 

 

Feel free to read, comment and subscribe! :D