Blossom 6

Lotus Blossom Love

 

Author's P.O.V

 

A few days have passed and it was now Friday after-school. B.A.P and Sooyun were all chilling in Daehyun's living room, with both he and Youngjae sagging on the sofa, completely worn out and lifeless. Unfortunately for them, Mrs. Jang had yet to recover - which meant that they were stuck with 'Dictator Kim' for the whole week. Sooyun's naturally trouble-making side didn't make life any better for Daehyun, as she constantly tried pranking him and popped out of nowhere when he least expected it to scare the living daylights out of him.

 

"Please, let Mrs. Jang get better real soon! I can't go on any longer with that Dictator…" Youngjae begged in desperation to no one in particular.

 

"Hey, at least you were exempted from his daily punishment because you managed to score a 90 on today's test. I even had to wax his car!" Daehyun grumbled. "My arms still hurt!"

 

The others shot Daehyun a baffled loook, as Yongguk muttered, "What? Teachers can actually do that?"

 

Sooyun turned away from the television screen to face the two. Daehyun and the others had recently introduced her to KPOP and she got immediately hooked. She spent nearly the whole day watching random KPOP music videos being played on T.V. "Aww, cheer up, you two~~~" she soothed. "I made another cheesecake for you guys!"

 

She brought out the cheesecake from the kitchen and spoon-fed the two, who lay there lazily and let themselves be fed by Sooyun as they chewed in content. The other guys saw that and flared up in jealousy.

 

"Yah! We want to be fed cheesecake by Sooyun/Noona too!" they demanded in synchronisation.

 

And so Sooyun ran to and fro around the room, feeding one boy a spoonful at a time without a complaint. In fact, she seemed to enjoy doing this, as she took up the motherly role of feeding her babies by cooing things like "Say ahh~~~" and "Here comes the aeroplane!".

 

"Oh yeah. I contacted my superiors today and they have enrolled me into your school. I'll be starting my first day on Monday next week," she announced nonchalantly.

 

"Oh, okay. That's great," the boys mindlessly nodded.

 

There was a moment of silence as they finally soaked up the information and realized what Sooyun just said. Daehyun was the first to react and sprang up from his position.

 

"Wait, what?!" He stared Sooyun down, who just blinked back innocently.

 

"I said that I contacted my superiors today and they have enr---"

 

"Yes I heard what you said!" Daehyun interrupted in irritation. "May I ask why exactly are you going to attend school?"

 

"Sooyun-ah, you're an angel. Why would your superiors want you to go to school?" Himchan asked.

 

"Because I have been told that I must adapt and live life as a human to help complete my training," she replied.  "Going to school is the typical everyday activity of a teenage human."

 

Zelo trudged up to her and looked at her with big, curious eyes. "So Noona will be going to school with us from now on?"

 

Sooyun nodded her head happily. "Yep! One of my superiors actually came down to the human world briefly to pose as my guardian. After mentioning Daehyun and Youngjae's names, the principal was sure to allocate me to their class!"

 

"Assa! Now I get to see Sooyun-noona all the time!" Zelo cheered, as he threw his arms around her.

 

"Noona, would you be able to cope?" a worried Jongup asked. "I mean, it's senior year that you're jumping straight into…"

 

"Aww, you're forever the sweetheart Jongup. Always worried about me," Sooyun giggled as she reached over to softly pinch Jongup's blushing cheeks.

 

This was much to Daehyun's dislike, as he scowled to himself in the corner. Wait, why should I care so much about what she does to someone else?

 

"Don't worry about me. Angels are educated in heaven too."

 

Yongguk shivered. "There's school in heaven too?" he asked in disbelief. "Doesn't really sound like heaven…"

 

"And hey, I could always help tutor Sooyun," Youngjae added.

 

"Look! Even my uniform has already been delivered!" Sooyun exclaimed, whilst holding up her neatly folded uniform which she produced seemingly out of nowhere.

 

Daehyun looked around the room in confusion. "Where'd that come from?" he asked suspiciously.

 

"The school."

 

"No, as in where did you get that from?"

 

"Oh, it was delivered to the house."

 

Daehyun sighed in exasperation. "No! I meant--- Tsk, never mind…" he grumbled in defeat.

 

Something finally occurred to Sooyun, as she turned to Yongguk and Himchan. "Hang on… if Daehyun and Youngjae-ah are in senior year and you two are a year older than them… then how is it that you two are also in highschool?" Sooyun tilted her head to the side as she asked.

 

Yongguk flushed red in embarrassment as the other B.A.P boys burst out laughing.

 

"BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

 

They immediately closed their mouths when Yongguk shot them a death glare, but it was obvious they were trying their best to hold in their laughter.

 

"Uh, well…" Yongguk sheepishly started, "Let's just say that I uh… kinda… failed my highschool entrance exams in junior high…"

 

With that, the others (minus Sooyun) burst out laughing again, rolling all over the living room.

 

"Yah! Shut it!"

 

"Stop laughing at poor Gukkie-oppa! At least he's made it all the way to senior year in highschool now, right?" Sooyun defended.

 

Yongguk got up to hug Sooyun. "My Sooyunnie dongsaeng is the best!!!"

 

Himchan pulled him off her. "Stop hogging Sooyunnie to yourself!" He turned to her and smiled. "Don't worry Sooyunnie! I didn't fail like Yongguk did. I just so happened to tumble down the stairs right before the finals in the same year, and didn't get discharged until right after."

 

Sooyun gasped. "Aww no! Did you hurt yourself really badly? Are you feeling better now?" She started fussing over Himchan and checking to see where he was hurt.

 

Daehyun facepalmed. "You… Sooyun… that happened like 3 years ago. I'd think he's alright by now." His words floated past her inattentive ears.

 

"Himchan hit his head and became an idiot!" Yongguk announced.

 

"He was already an idiot," Youngjae snickered. "But that fall certainly didn't do him any good."

 

Waving off that double insult, Himchan snapped his fingers. "Ah! You know what's a good idea?"

 

"Nothing you suggest is a good idea," Yongguk taunted.

 

"Aish, you--" Himchan snapped whilst trying to hit Yongguk, who dodged out of the way. "Let's go out to the Times Square tomorrow to get things for Sooyun! It's Saturday, so no school."

 

Yongguk sat up. "Hey, that is a good idea!"

 

"So what was that about nothing I suggested being a good idea?"

 

"Then you have been promoted from an idiot to an imbecile," Youngjae chortled.

 

"YAH!"

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 Daehyun's P.O.V

 

The guys decided to head off home earlier today, as they've been hanging out at my place till late ever since Sooyun arrived. There really wasn't much else to do (and I really couldn't be bothered studying right now), so I thought maybe I could use this time to get to know more about Sooyun. Especially since I still had a promise to fulfil.

 

I sat next to Sooyun on the sofa and spoke first.

 

"Hey, Sooyun-ah."

 

"Hmm?" She looked up at me. "What is it Daehyunnie?"

 

"You said that you only had the final part of your training left to complete, but you have no clue whatsoever as to what you are meant to do except for having to live life as a human, right?"

 

"Yep!" she nodded.

 

"Then what other training have you undergone for these past 1299 years?" I asked. I was hoping that after finding out what she has been required to do so far, I could take a stab in the dark and guess her final task.

 

"Actually, I haven't made any progress in my training for the past 1299 years… hehehe" she confessed and giggled sheepishly.

 

My eyes bulged at her words and I gawked at her stupidly.

 

"Say what?!" I screeched in disbelief. "Then what have you been doing instead of completing your training?!"

 

"Well I've been trying to work out what I had to do all this time…" Sooyun trailed off.

 

"So there's actually only one part of your training that you had to complete all along?" I asked.

 

"Nuh-uh," she shook her head. "There are 4 parts - 3 of which I had already achieved as soon as I was born as an angel."

 

"… Please, do go on."

 

Sooyun then proceeded to explain her life story. "I was born into the divine world from a giant lotus bud along with 4 others. Three of the buds blossomed into lotus blossoms - one white, one blue, one purple. Each represented something different: purity of mind and spirit, common sense and wisdom & logic, and spirituality & mysticism respectively."

 

"P… pu… purity? Purity of mind and spirit? Bwahahahaha!" I couldn't help but to crack up at that.

 

She stood up. "Yah! What's so funny!" she demanded.

 

I held my sides whilst laughing. "In what universe are you considered 'pure' with that evil troublesome side of yours?!"

 

Sooyun pouted as the lotus blossom in her hair turned a dark green - a shade I recognized previously as being discontent. "Hey, I am too! The white blossom might've closed up a few times in the past but it's opened up again which means I'm pure! Now stop laughing, before I stop making cheesecake for you!"

 

Finally, I felt the laughter leaving my body and I managed to compose myself. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry," I apologized with my hands up. 

 

"Heh," she smirked. "The cheesecake will always get you, you fatty."

 

I reached over to flick her forehead. "Ow! Yah!"

 

Sooyun plopped back onto the sofa. "Aigoo, I'm tired now."

 

Oh yeah, that's right. I've wanted to ask this for a while now. "Sooyun-ah, why is it that you're hyper and energetic in mornings and during the day, whilst you suddenly get really tired at night? Is that just something different with angels or…?"

 

She looked at me from under half-closed eyelids. Wow, that was fast. Energiser bunny one second, lazy sloth the next.

 

"Lotus blossoms rise above the water and bloom during the day. During the night, they close and sink beneath the water. That's why I get so tired early at night time… and it's only me too. The other angels are fine. But of course all angels need their rest too."

 

I nodded my head in understanding. "Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Okay then." I clapped my hands. "Go head up to sleep then, since you're tired. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow - since we're heading to the mall with Himchan, we'll be there forever, that pabo shopaholic."

 

"Okie dokie."

 

Despite her exhausted state, that Sooyun still managed to flick my forehead in revenge before quickly running up the stairs giggling and slamming her door close. The incredulity of what just happened left me standing there with my mouth hanging wide open in shock.

 

I'll get back at you tomorrow, Sooyun-ah.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day ~~~

 

"Uwaah! It's so huge!" Sooyun jumped around in excitement and twirled around in circles. Just like when she first saw the inside of my house, I thought and chuckled.

 

She ran from store to store, peeking curiously through the windows and gasping whenever she saw something nice or interesting. People around her were starting to think she was an overly-enthusiastic tourist or something.

 

"Noona! Come look at this!" Zelo called out, as she and Jongup sprinted to where he stood. I sighed. The maknaes weren't making this any easier, as they were practically jumping all over the place just like Sooyun.

 

"Yah! Get back here you two!" Yongguk yelled when Zelo and Jongup ran off ahead without us. He, Himchan and Youngjae immediately ran off after them.

 

"Sooyun-ah, let's go." I turned to my left to find no one. My eyes bugged out. What?! But she was just here a second ago! I started to panic. Scanning around the mall, I saw a familiar brown head with a lotus blossom round a corner.

 

I quickly ran to find her before any trouble could arise. Ugh, I should have kept a closer eye on her. Jung Daehyun, you pabo!

 

After turning the corner I saw her turn at, I scanned the area once again. Damn it, where is she?!

 

I ran around, checking every store to see whether she was there. No such luck. I was starting to get really worried. What if something happened to her? I quickly shook those thoughts away and continued with my search.

 

After turning another corner, I finally saw her.

 

But I couldn't relax yet - as my eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

 

=======================================================================

*Gasp* What did Daehyun see?

Hahaha, anyway, I was worried I wouldn't make the update tonight. But I did, so enjoy!

Feel free to comment and subscribe!

^^