Blossom 16

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

Daehyun stared in shock at the sudden appearance of his parents. It was unexpected since they had never come over during this time of the year, mainly because he was not on holiday yet and his parents' restaurant was usually really busy. That aside, they didn't even inform him that they were coming.

 

"Aigoo, I missed my baby boy!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed, moving forward to embrace her son. But before she could fling her arms around him, she noticed a figure sleeping on his back. Daehyun noticed her stop and followed her line of sight.

 

"A-ah, Ma, t-this is… She's---"

 

"Ah! I know! This must be Lee Sooyun-ssi!" his mother suddenly burst.

 

Daehyun's eyes bugged open. What?! How did she know?!, he thought. He was starting to panic until he studied his mother's expression and found that she looked rather gleeful than disapproving.

 

"Yes… this is Lee Sooyun…" he carefully replied. "How do you know her? And why the sudden trip here?"

 

Mrs. Jung feigned despair. "Daehyunnie's not happy to see us? He doesn't want us here? Oh dear Lord, what have we done wrong for our son to treat us like so!" she blubbered, staring off into the night sky and questioning the heavens.

 

Again, Daehyun started panicking. "No no no! It's not like that, Ma! Of course I'm happy to see you and Pa! You're always welcome to come over!"

 

Mr. Jung let out an amused chuckle. "Of course your mother's just joking, son! You know how playful she gets." Daehyun hung his head in embarrassment. "Come on in and we'll explain everything. You must be tired standing out there for so long while carrying Sooyun-ssi."

 

They stepped aside for him to enter. After carrying Sooyun upstairs and tucking her into bed, Daehyun went downstairs to find his parents on the living room couch casually sipping on some tea.

 

He took a seat in the one-seater couch. "So, Ma, Pa…" Daehyun trailed off, looking expectantly at his parents.

 

"Oh! Right, yes!" Mrs. Jung gasped, putting down her tea cup along with her husband's. "Daehyun! You little devil, you! Living with a girl without even telling us!" she scolded.

 

Daehyun stiffened up and glued his eyes to the carpet as he waited for his mother's scolding-time to continue. But instead, his mother threw herself towards him and pulled him in for a bone-crushing motherly hug.

 

"Aww, my son is all grown up already! Already has a girlfriend and is even living with her!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed.

 

His eyes widened in shock, pulling back to deny his mother's assumptions. "No! She's not my girlfriend! Sooyun's just a friend of mine who needed a place to stay so I let her stay here since she helps me out around the house! There's nothing between us! Please don't misunderstand!"

 

His parents looked at him sceptically. "Are you sure she's not your girlfriend, son?" Mr. Jung asked.

 

"Certain. Positive. She's not my girlfriend."

 

Mrs. Jung let go of her son and sank back down into her seat looking disappointed. "And here I was, all happy and excited that you're finally in a relationship."

 

Daehyun reached over to pat his mother's arm awkwardly in an attempt to soothe her. "Sorry Ma…"Anyone would think that a parent would be happy that their child was more focused on their senior year studies than dating, but obviously his parents were different. It wasn't like Daehyun cared about his studies to the point that getting a girlfriend was completely ruled out - it's just that he hasn't really found that one girl he was interested in yet.

 

Mr. Jung broke the silence. "Well, it's about time we headed up for the night. We don't want to disturb Sooyun-ssi now, do we?" he chuckled.

 

Daehyun helped carry his parents' luggage upstairs to their bedroom and set them down. Before returning to his own room, he asked "Is it okay for Sooyun to stay? She really doesn't have any other place to go…"

 

Mrs. Jung giggled at her son's sheepish face. "Of course she can stay! A lovely girl like her can stay as long as she wants!"

 

"Thank you Ma, Pa!" he breathed in relief. "But just asking… not to say she's not a nice girl or anything, but, how do you know when you've only seen her once when she was asleep?"

 

"Hana told me all about her! How Sooyunnie is such a lovely, decent, beautiful young girl!" his mother answered.

 

Daehyun looked puzzled. "Hana?"

 

"Hana Lee. Your mother's best friend from highschool. Sooyun works at her florist shop, son," Mr Jung explained.

 

"Mrs. Lee?! Auntie?!" He sighed. Of course… why didn't I think of her earlier… "Well, goodnight Ma, Pa. Sleep well."

 

"Goodnight Daehyunnie/Son," they replied, as they watched him close their bedroom door behind them before hearing the sound of his door close too.

 

Mrs. Jung smiled cheekily to herself. "Well~~~ you two might not be together now, but I can assure you that will change in the near future. Hehehe~~~"

 

Mr. Jung rolled his eyes playfully at his wife. "Yeobo, playing the matchmaker again, I see."

 

"Our silly little son thinks we didn't see him blushing and grinning cheekily while piggybacking little Sooyunnie. Even without my 'help', you know something's going to happen sooner or later. I'm just making it sooner!" she giggled.

 

"Well, it wouldn't be nice for me to just sit back and watch while letting my wife do all the work, would it?" he chuckled.

 

"Nope!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

It was the weekend, so I woke up  later than I would usually on a weekday. Since that lazybum Daehyunnie liked to sleep in so much, he wouldn't let me wake up early to disturb his sleep. At 9.00am on the dot, I dressed, washed up, and headed down to make breakfast.

 

As I came closer to the kitchen, I heard bustling sounds from within. Furrowing my eyebrows, I wondered who it could be. Daehyunnie? Nah, it couldn't be. So I curiously peeked into the kitchen and to my surprise, met eyes with a middle-aged woman.

 

She smiled warmly at me. "Sooyunnie, dear! Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

 

"Ah, good morning. Ne Auntie, I slept well. Thank you for asking." I noticed she looked quite familiar, there was something about her eyes… "Oh!" I clapped my hands in realization. "You must be Daehyun's mother!" So this was where Daehyun got his eyes from, I mentally giggled.

 

Mrs. Jung chortled. "Why, yes I am. It's very nice to meet you, Sooyunnie. My dear friend has told me so much about you! She is the owner of 'Lovely Blossoms'!"

 

"It's very nice to meet you too, Mrs. Jung! Auntie has told me so much about you too!" Which was true! During out little breaks in between customers, Auntie and I would chat away and we talked a lot about Daehyun and his family. It wasn't hard to tell how much Mrs. Jung loved her son and how wonderful a mother she was. "I wish I had a mother too…" I absentmindedly whispered.

 

Mrs. Jung must've heard that because she looked distraught. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Sooyunnie…"

 

"Oh no, not at all!" I waved my hands frantically, racking my brains for a quick story. "My uh, parents, passed away before I was old enough to remember anything. I miss them, but it was so long ago. It's alright, really Mrs. Jung!"

 

"Aww, aren't you one strong girl," she praised.

 

After a cooking session with Mrs. Jung, we settled down in the living room while we waited for Daehyun and Mr. Jung to wake up.

 

"That son of mine definitely inherited his father's sleeping habits!" Mrs. Jung sighed. "Not willing to wake up until half the day has already passed!"

 

I giggled. "Yes, I have noticed that with Daehyun. Along with his humungous appetite!"

 

"With that, I'm sure he developed that trait himself!" she chortled.

 

Soon, Mrs. Jung pulled out a massive photo-book. "Daehyun doesn't like keeping these in the house, since his friends might find them, so I bring them over every time we come visit!" Flipping open the front cover, I squealed when I saw many photos of little Daehyunnie, starting from when he was but a newborn baby.

 

"Aww~~~! He's so cute! Ahahaha! Look at him go!" I pointed to a picture of a 2-year-old him chasing after a puppy-dog with shaky legs, as Mrs. Jung laughed alongside me while reminiscing those times and telling me about them.

 

As the pages flipped, the photos progressed into an older, more mature Daehyun until it reached his present age. Comparing his childhood photos to now, he looked a bit different, but he still had the same eyes, nose and mouth. As I saw them, I smiled and giggled and pointed out to Mrs. Jung the evidence of Daehyun's mischievousness as a kid.

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

Hearing the chatter from downstairs, I decided to wake up. I stepped outside of my room to find my father also stepping out of his room.

 

After a second of staring at each other, we laughed in unison. "Well, some habits are hard to change, right son?" Pa chuckled. "We better head downstairs. I'm sure your mother has been up and waiting for us for a long time now."

 

"Sooyun must be up too," I said. "Which explains the noise coming from downstairs."

 

To my complete and utter horror, I turned into the living room to see Ma showing Sooyun my childhood photos. "MA!!!" I yelled, lunging forward to swipe the photo-book away. But before I could, Ma closed the book and pulled it out of my reach before slapping my hands away. She shot me a one-second death glare before reverting back to sweet mode and opening up the book again for Sooyun to squeal at my photos.

 

"Ma! Don't show her my photos! It's embarrassing!" I could feel my face flush with embarrassment as Sooyun pointed out a few dismal moments of my life captured by the camera.

 

"Aww~~~ Daehyunnie, there's no need to be embarrassed. Look how cute you look! Especially with that shocked little face you have here as you're tripping over your own feet!" Sooyun cooed. "You were so cute back then and now you're so handsome, Oppa!"

 

"Oppa?!" Ma repeated gleefully. She turned towards Pa. "Yeobo, she called our son 'Oppa'! And handsome! Sooyunnie, I see you two have something special going on between you!"

 

"Ma, she calls the others 'Oppa' too," I retorted.

 

She pulled me down next to her. "Son, I know you don't feel happy about that, but don't worry! I'm sure Sooyunnie here sees you as more special than the other people she calls 'Oppa'!"

 

Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do, Ma! Knowing I couldn't say anything with Sooyun right there, I turned to my father with a pleading face. Please help me… I begged. But of course, Pa was supportive of my mother's efforts and just gave me a knowing wink.

 

Ma continued to chatter with Sooyun. "Daehyunnie here is a hard-working, kind-hearted, caring boy who treats every person with a pure soul. All of my friends who have met him have come running to me with endless praise for my boy! They just absolutely love him! He would make the absolute, perfect husband!"

 

Oh gee, thanks Ma. Way to show people that you have confidence in your son's dating life by selling him off in an advertisement. I groaned. Oh please, let this just stop already.

 

"Of course, Daehyunnie-oppa is just so loveable, Mrs. Jung!" Sooyun beamed. Ma shot me that sly look as Sooyun said 'loveable'. I just coughed awkwardly and looked away.

 

"Ey, what Mrs. Jung! Call me 'Omma'! And my husband 'Appa'!"

 

Sooyun brightened. "Can I really call you that?"

 

"Of course you can, Sooyun!" Pa interjected.

 

"I'll probably even be your Omma one day…" I heard Ma giggle under her breath. I shot her - yes, my very own mother - a warning stare (because I couldn't really glare at my own mother). She just rolled her eyes at me and turned her attention back to Sooyun.

 

"Ne, Omma! Appa!" she happily exclaimed.

 

"Aww, Sooyunnie would make such a wonder daughter-in-law, wouldn't she Yeobo?" Ma asked Pa.

 

"Absolutely." Pa replied.

 

The three continued giggling and chattering away as I facepalmed. A clueless, airheaded and troublemaking Sooyun with my equally-as-troublemaking mother with her obvious intentions plus my Ma-supporting father. I groaned, as my very first weekend mixed with this brand new recipe of disaster took flight.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sooyunnie and Daehyun's mum get along so well, don't they :D Hahaha

Can't wait for the release of 'Coffee Shop' tomorrow! And it's officially Daehyun's birthday in an hour or so (where I live at least :P)! Happy Birthday Daehyun and wish you all the best ^^

 

Thank you to my readers!