Blossom 18

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

The two beaming figures skipped out the door happily, leaving a sulking Daehyun with his parents in the living room.

 

"Don't those two youngsters look bright and energetic," Mr. Jung chuckled, completely aware of the deepening frown on his son's face.

 

"That Myungsoo is such a gentleman. And that handsome face! He and Sooyun look great together!" Mrs. Jung giggled. "You know Daehyun," she continued, "you could learn from Myungsoo. He's bright and cheerful and outgoing and perfectly the type for Sooyunnie! After today's date, I'm sure she'll fall for him with a click of the fingers! Really, Daeh--"

 

BAM!

 

Her sentence was interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming. "Daehyun?" both parents asked, looking around for their son who was there just a few seconds ago.

 

Mrs. Jung sighed with a smile. "That son of ours, can't even figure out his own feelings."

 

"At least he's gone after her. Now it's up to him and how Sooyun responds, although it's obvious Myungsoo-ssi is interested in her too," her husband said.

 

"Well, in the end it's her choice. Nothing we do can change that. All we can do is give our son the push he needs!"

 

Daehyun's parents chuckled together as they pondered on the outcome, carrying heavy hopes that their son would man up and chase after the girl he clearly likes.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

"Ahh~~~ what a wonderful day it is today!" I smiled as I looked up at the beautiful, bright blue sky with a few fluffy, white clouds. The brightness itself made me feel just that much happier. Why am I this cheerful? I'm sure not many would be able to tell the difference between the me today and the me on other days… but today's a little different. "The weather's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

 

"You're beautiful," Myungsoo-oppa complimented from beside me. I looked up at him and smiled. "Aww, thank you Oppa. You look handsome too!"

 

He smiled in content and held my hand, pulling me towards an arcade. "First stop, the arcade."

 

"Omo! Look at all those games! I wanna play!" My eyes gleamed at the sight, as Myungsoo-oppa laughed at my over-excited expression. "Someone's excited. Kaja, let's have a blast!"

 

Seeing a sleek, black motorbike, I jumped onto it first thing. "Oppa, let's play this!"

 

"I thought you were more of the girly type. Never knew you were so tough Sooyunnie," he teased.

 

I wagged a finger in front of him. "Don't underestimate me, because I'm gonna beat you!" And to his complete and utter surprise, I really beat him. "Assa assa!" I pumped my fist in victory. "Beat you beat you!"

 

Myungsoo-oppa sulked. "Shooting games next!"

 

I pouted as I put down the gun, looking up at the screen to see a big, fat "YOU LOSE!" on my screen. I glanced over at Myungsoo's "YOU WIN!", then over to his smug expression. "1 All."

 

I felt my competitive side rise from within. "CAR RACING!"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

And so, we challenged each other to all the games we could get our hands on. Oppa would win some and I would win some. The two of us were too stubborn to let up and let the other win, so it came down to the last game we could challenge each other to --- air hockey. We were currently on 6-All. The next point would be the decider of today's winner.

 

"Oppa~~~ I'm going to put my all into this, so don't you dare go easy on me either!" I declared.

 

He laughed brightly. "Of course Sooyunnie. I'm not going to go easy on you!"

 

I had the puck to start off. Carefully choosing an angle to rebound off from the sides of the table, I started off by attacking.
 

"Woah!" Myungsoo shouted.

 

I giggled. Guess he didn't see that coming, hahaha. But he really held to his word, since he kept attacking me too. I could feel exhaustion slowly taking over my body from today's all-out competition, as Oppa seemingly had the upper hand with him attacking and me trying to fend him off. I smiled when I finally saw an opening. He was too pre-occupied with trying to attack continuously that he started to leave his slot undefended.

 

With one swift, definite move, I angled the puck so it rebounded straight into the slot. "Goal!" I exclaimed, celebrating my victory as my score became a "7".

 

"Myungsoo-oppa, I won!"

 

He sighed. "Aish, I must be losing my touch. How could I lose to you?" he teasingly said.

 

I went over to him and slapped him lightly. "Hey, what is that supposed to mean!"

 

I kept slapping him continuously as he ducked and tried to dodge my hits. "Okay okay, I was joking. Congratulations Sooyunnie, you are the champion of arcade games!"

 

"Hooray! Now let's get some food!"

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

I panted as I crouched, trying to catch my breath. Today seriously just wasn't my day.

 

I managed to follow the two on their way to the arcade undeterred. But things changed as soon as that jerk took Sooyun's hand. Finding a rock nearby, I aimed it at Myungsoo, hoping for it to hit him and for him to let go of her hand. What I didn't expect was for him to suddenly change directions, manoeuvring away from the rock. And so the drama began when the rock continued to sail through the air and landed on the face of the poor, unknowing Pit Bull dog.

 

"Uh oh…"

 

Fear took over my body as the dog's attention turned to the rock-thrower -- me -- and snarled aggressively. The Pit Bull charged at me, yanking its leash out of its owner's grasp. As much as we are told not to run away from a dog because they will only go after you, 'run' seemed liked the only viable option in this case. Jumping up towards the opposite direction, I ran for dear life while screaming like crazy as the Pit Bull barked in pursuit of me.

 

Eventually, I jumped over some fence and managed to lose the dog, letting out a huge sigh of relief. I had to take the long way around to make my way back to the arcade without coming across it again. Spying on the two as inconspicuously as possible, I frowned when I saw the two with great, big smiles on their faces while playing the hit-the-squirrels-with-the-hammer game. I ripped my eyes away from them to step outside and answer my phone. The caller I.D read  'Youngjae'.

 

But before I could even pick up the call, I heard a familiar low growl. I froze in my spot, heart beating in fear as I slowly turned towards the direction of the sound. My eyes widened at the sight of the very same Pit Bull from earlier, which looked angrier than ever.

 

What came after is pretty obvious. I ran away again with the dog after me. And again, I managed to avoid getting caught by the Pit Bull as it eventually lost track of me. So here I am opposite the arcade again after a long, long, very long time. Luckily for me, the two were still here as I saw them leaving the arcade. Well, at least something is still going right today.

 

As the day went on, I continued following behind them ridiculously like some creepy stalker. Man, I've officially lost my mind. "Why am I doing this again?" I asked myself. I stopped when I realized what I just said. And for the first time, I really thought about why I was acting like this. Why did I care so much about who went out with who? Was it because it was Sooyun? Was it because I didn't like that jerk? I've never cared about this stuff before. So why now, to the point where I even followed them on their outing?

 

All these questions flooded through my head as I racked my brain for an answer. It didn't take long until it finally dawned on me… Oh god, what a dense idiot I've been…

 

I snapped out of it to find that I've been standing there awkwardly on the street, deep in my thought. Sooyun and Myungsoo were nowhere in sight. I let out a sigh and headed home, those thoughts never leaving my mind.

 

As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by an eerie silence. Looking around inside, I noticed nobody was home.

 

"Ma? Pa?" I called. Silence.

 

I wandered into the living room and found a note under a mug.

 

Daehyunnie,

We believe we have intruded you long enough. We need to get back to our restaurant too! It was nice visiting you again, especially since there's Sooyunnie now. Speaking of her, I'm sure we've done enough as parents to get you to realize your feelings. So, I hope you will do what you believe is right. Hwaiting, son! We're cheering you on.

 

Love,

Ma and Pa

 

P.S.  Tell Sooyunnie we said bye :)

P.P.S  And you better thank us for helping you realize!

 

I chuckled at the last sentence. "I never thought I would say this, but… thanks Ma, Pa. For helping me finally realize after all this time."

 

Hearing the door open, I quickly stuffed the note into my pocket.

 

"Daehyunnie~~~ I'm back!" Sooyun announced.

 

"Oh, welcome back," I awkwardly said, finding it difficult to look her in the eyes. "Uh… did you have fun today?"

 

"Yep! Myungsoo-oppa and I had heaps of fun today!" she beamed. I felt a pang in my heart when she mentioned him. I hope it's not too late already…

 

"That's good," was all I said.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep. But that proved to be difficult when I had so much going on inside my head. Changing my position, I tried to sleep again. But after a while, it felt uncomfortable -- the same thoughts still lurking within my brain. I sighed and sat up in defeat. Doesn't seem like I'm gonna get sleep anytime soon…

 

CRACK! BOOM!

 

Lighting flashed through the night sky, thunder booming, as there was a sudden storm. Not a few seconds had passed before my bedroom door flung open and a figure pounced into my bed, burying themselves under my covers. I lifted the blankets to reveal a very much scared Sooyun.

 

"Sooyun?" I called in confusion, before remembering that she was scared of the thunder.

 

"D-daehyun-nie…. I'm s-scared-d…" she whimpered, shivering towards me.

 

"Shh, shh. It's okay, I'm here. Go to sleep. I'll stay here with you," I soothed. Sooyun nodded her head and snuggled up close to me as I patted her head softly, comforting her through the storm.

 

When she finally fell asleep, head rested gently on my chest, I felt my heart start to beat wildly to the point I begged it to stop before it woke her up. Gazing at her gently, I felt no need to deny my feelings anymore. How stupid of me it was to not realize earlier.

 

That it was true.

 

I liked her.

 

 

======================================

 

Finally realized your feelings, Daehyun. Took you long enough :P