Blossom 23

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

"Hey," Daehyun called with a little smile on his face. That widened to a grin when he saw the usual bubbly Sooyun being reduced to a shy, blushing girl before him. Could this be a good sign as to whether she likes me? he thought.

 

"I can still see you blushing," he teased when she tried to hide her face behind her hair, expecting her to become even more flustered. But instead her eyes twinkled mischievously before she stepped towards him, stopping just half a metre away from him.

 

Daehyun tensed up with widened eyes when she leaned in close to him, studying his face.

 

"Well, I can't help that Daehyunnie looks so handsome tonight."

 

Immediately, his face flushed a shade of red as he stumbled back a step. Sooyun let out a tinkling laugh. "Now look who's blushing!"

 

Daehyun stared at her incredulously before lowering his head, shaking it with a sigh. Obviously nothing will ever change the fact that Sooyun will always be the Sooyun he knows. But he liked her like that.

 

A hand reached out to his chin and gently tilted his head upwards, their eyes meeting in the process. "Aww I'm sorry Daedae, don't be sad!"

 

He broke out into a smile. "Yeah, yeah." She removed her hands with a giggle and they started strolling off to wherever their feet took them.

 

"So…" Sooyun trailed off  while swinging her clasped hands behind her. "Yongguk-oppa says you're my special someone. Does that have something to do with when Youngjae asked me whether I liked you more than I liked them?"

 

Daehyun tripped on air and fought to keep himself on his feet. "W-wait, what?"

 

"Seems like it's the first you've heard of this. Oh never mind then." She waved it off before something caught her eyes. "Daehyunnie! Look over there! It's so cute!"

 

Sooyun grabbed his hand and pulled him over. "That fluffy white bunny soft toy up there! Isn't it just adorable?" She continued admiring the big fluff ball while waiting for his response. So when he still didn't reply, she turned to look at him. "Daehyun? You don't think it's cute?"

 

Finally breaking out of his daze, he looked up at her clueless expression. "O-oh yeah, it's cute. You want it?"

 

Her eyes twinkled yet again, but this time in excitement. She nodded frantically.

 

"Then I'll win it for you."

 

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

"Then I'll win it for you," I confidently said, trying to cover that I was in fact flustered over Sooyun holding my hand just then.

 

"Oh you da man, bro!" came a voice which was instantly followed by a series of hushes. I whipped around and glared at the very conspicuous bunch of five high school kids hiding behind a very lousy pillar. The guys shot me a few sheepish grins and 'thumbs up's before scrambling away.

 

I face-palmed. Those idiots must've seen us just a moment ago then. Good thing she's too busy staring at that bunny to have noticed them running off.

 

"Playing for your girlfriend, son?" the game-stall ahjusshi asked me. I glanced at Sooyun's side profile and smiled at her title. My girlfriend. Hopefully she will be, very soon.

 

"Ne," I answered.

 

The ahjusshi chuckled. "Alright, I'm sure you know the rules. You have three tries to hit all of those cans off the bench by throwing these tennis balls one at a time. How well you do depends on what prize you get."

 

I handed over the payment in exchange for the game and thanked him when he handed me the three.

 

"Daehyunnie, hwaiting!" Sooyun whispered into my ear. She pumped her fist and beamed at me. My heart starting doing some weird flip-flop things inside my chest. So many things have happened to me for the first time because of her.

 

Grabbing the first tennis ball, I eyed the stack of cans and took aim. Swinging my arm forwards, I let go of the ball and watched as it sailed straight into the centre of the stack, sending most of it toppling off the bench. I chuckled when Sooyun started clapping furiously like an excited seal.

 

"Yeah, go go go Daehyunnie!"

 

I took a second tennis ball and aimed again. This time, the ball hit the rest of the cans over, but not all of them fell off the bench. I frowned when I saw that two were still lying on its side. Damn, that makes it a bit more difficult.

 

Taking the third and final ball in my land, I focused on finding the best position to land it. Well, even if I don't make it this time I can always try again, I thought. But when I glanced over at Sooyun, I realised that I didn't want to disappoint her. Ah, to hell with that. I'm getting it now!

 

After another few seconds of staring intensely at the two pieces of aluminium obstructing my path to getting the bunny, I finally let the ball go. A clinking sound let us know that one can had fallen, but what about the other one? Looking closely, I saw that it was swaying dangerously on the edge. I bit my lip. Come on, fall over!

 

Whether it was my skill or a coincidental gust of wind, it eventually fell over with a satisfying 'Thunk!'. My eyes brightened in realisation and I cheered. The ahjusshi must've known we were after that fluffy bunny toy because he immediately grabbed it and handed it over to me.

 

"Congrats son! Nicely done. Your girlfriend must be feeling quite proud of you now, isn't that right? Ahahaha!" He chuckled good-naturedly.

 

I bowed and thanked him shyly before turning to a very happy Sooyun. "Here, for you."

 

She took it from my hands and I saw that it was as big as her entire torso. While she was hugging it to death, she gave me a surprise peck on the cheek before grinning at me. "Thank you Daehyunnie! Now every time I look at Daebutt, I'll be reminded of you."

 

My face must've been as red as a tomato right now. I tried to shake it off in vain. "Who's Daebutt?" I asked when I realised she wasn't referring to me.

 

Sooyun held up the bunny and started wiggling it in my face. "Meet Mr. Daebutt!"

 

My jaw dropped. "You're calling the bunny 'Daebutt'? Of all names, 'Daebutt'?" This girl! Seriously…

 

"Why not?" she laughed. "It's cute, just like you." I flushed red again. Aish. Lee Sooyun, you will be the death of me. But I couldn't help but smile when I saw her looking so very happy.

 

"Alright. Lets get a move on then, Sooyunnie and Mr. Daebutt." This time, I was the one who grabbed her hand as I led the way with a goofy smile plastered to my face.

 

"How about a rollercoaster?" I asked. Instantly, she shook her head at me with wide, fearful eyes like I just suggested something absolutely terrifying.

 

"No more roller coasters or scary rides!" she protested.

 

I rolled my eyes at her playfully and pulled her to the closest rollercoaster with her whining all the way there. It was so hard to try and keep a straight face.

 

When we got there, she hit me in the arm and pouted. "You tricked me." The rollercoaster I took her to wasn't one of those massive thrillers, but the mini kids one.

 

Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "So you would rather go on that one?" I pointed to the one Zelo took her on.

 

"Oh look! It's our turn now. Let's go!" She pushed me hastily towards the ride while I laughed at her.

 

Sooyun bounced in her seat like all of those other little kids on the ride. Probably because she knew nothing scary was going to happen.

 

And so, we spent our time going on easy rides like this one. Needless to say, we enjoyed our time together.

 

On many occasions I found the others peeking at us from behind bushes, stalls, pillars, other people and even rubbish bins. And almost half of the time, I only realised they were there because of Himchan-hyung's big, un-shuttable mouth.

 

"What if he chickens ou-- mmffth!"

 

I groaned as I turned to see them scrambling off for the hundredth time while dragging a squirming Himchan-hyung. If they ever chose to become undercover spies or something, they would real bad. I shuddered at the thought.

 

Suddenly, something pink and fluffy was popped up before me. "Ta-daah!" came a familiar sweet voice.

 

Sooyun was holding two sticks of pink fairy floss while hugging onto Mr. Daebutt. But before I could take one from her, she pulled them back. She pulled off a bite-sized piece with her fingers and held it in front of me. "Say aah~~~" she cooed.  I quickly ate it from her hand which startled her a bit. I laughed at her expression before swiftly swiping the two sticks from her and running away. I'm so ninja as always.

 

"It's my fairy floss now!"

 

She ran after me in a huff. "You fatty, give me back my fairy floss!" I turned around and saw her trying to run while holding onto her big, fluffy bunny.

 

I stopped abruptly and shot her an overly hurt look. "Fatty? Did you just call me 'fatty'?" I turned away and feigned my emotional pain.

 

But Sooyun didn't fall for it. "I can see your face twitching, Daedae." She giggled, before pointing at my struggling face which was itching to smile.

 

Groaning in defeat, I faced her again. "Ok fine." I gave her back her sugary cloud-like fluff. But only to regret it.

 

"You're so squishy," she teased while poking me in the tummy.

 

"Yah! I'm not!" I tried grabbing her fairy floss, but she probably saw that coming because she pulled it out of reach and started eating from it, ignoring me.

 

"Mmm!"

 

Sooyun glanced over at me and saw me standing there sulking. "Oh you don't want that?" She pointed at my treat. "I'll have it then."

 

"No!" I quickly ripped a whole chunk of it off before shoving it in my mouth, savouring the sweetness of the sugar crystals as they melted on my tongue. Not before long, I was left with an empty wooden stick.

 

She chortled at me. "And you say you're not a fatty."

 

I flicked her forehead. "I just appreciate food more than any other person out there."

 

"Yah!" Sooyun tried flicking me back, but I grabbed Mr. Daebutt and covered my face with him. "No fair!" she pouted. "You know I won't hit Mr. Daebutt! Dae-- Omo!"

 

She gasped at what suddenly caught her attention. "Wow… it's so big!" I turned to what she was looking at -- The Ferris Wheel. Figures. Sooyun shook my arm excitedly. "Can we go on it Daehyunnie? Can we can we can we?" She took Mr. Daebutt and started moving it around while pretending it was talking to me.

 

"Mr. Daebutt wants to go on that big circle wheel thing! Pweaaaase Daehyunnie! Let's go on, let's go on!"

 

My attempts to suppress a laugh were futile. Why does she have to be so cute... "Okay okay. Daehyunnie will take Sooyunnie and Mr. Daebutt onto that 'big circle wheel thing' if it makes you happy."

 

She cheered. "Yay!"

 

While we waited in line for our turn, she continued talking as Mr. Daebutt.

 

"Mr. Daebuttie is sho sho cute. Mr. Daebutt is a big, chubby, fluffy bunny rabbit. Buiing buiing!"

 

You can imagine how I felt when the people around us wouldn't stop staring at us. Little kids giggled at us, teenagers gossiped around us, and the adults openly voiced their thoughts.

 

"Young couples these days…"

 

"Oh how I wish I was young again."

 

"Well aren't they adorable together."

 

"Minhyuk-oppa, we used to be just like them when we were their age!"

 

Sooyun shoved the bunny into my face again. "Does daddy think I'm cute? Hmm? Does daddy think so?"

 

I laughed at her before poking Mr. Daebutt's nose. "Daddy? I'm daddy?"

 

"Yep!" the bunny nodded.

 

Smirking, I asked, "Then who's mummy?"

 

"Sooyunnie is mummy!" she replied without any hesitation. I raised an eyebrow. "So I'm daddy and Sooyunnie is mummy?"

 

"Yep yep!"

 

A bunch of kids nearby were covering their mouths and laughing at us. "That hyung and noona over there are being funny!" a kid said, pointing at us. His friends nodded and continued with their giggling.

 

Since it was our turn now, I went behind Sooyun and pushed her towards the awaiting carriage. We took a seat across from each other. While I was staring at her, her face was plastered to the glass, staring out at the view.

 

"Omo! Daehyunnie, look! Look! All those lights look so pretty!"

 

I glanced at the scenery and indeed, the night-view was amazing.

 

"You're prettier," I said, gazing at her intently. Sooyun turned to me with a curious expression, staring at me as if she was studying my entire face before finally breaking out into a smile.

 

"Why thank you, Daehyun!" she giggled. But before she could turn away again, I reached out and gently grabbed her chin. She stared straight into my eyes, causing my heart to get a great big jolt before beating furiously.

 

"What do you think of me?" I asked. She blinked at me a few times.

 

"Hmm?"

 

Slowly, I lowered my hands and grabbed onto hers with mine. "What do you think of me?" I repeated.

 

Sooyun seemed to waver for a bit, as if she didn't know what she was supposed to say. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for her to answer, she finally opened .

 

"Well, Daehyunnie is fun to be around with! I'm the most comfortable around you, you take care of me, and I want to stay like this with you forever. And Daehyun is handsome too!" She giggled. "Why are you so good-looking anyway?"

 

I leaned in close to her ear and whispered, "Because I have to be, to match up to how beautiful you are."

 

Moving back, I saw that she was blushing from my words. Cute.

 

Suddenly, a wave of courage washed through me as I became determined to do what I did next. "Sooyun, who do you think of me as?"

 

"You're my friend."

 

"Oh?" I yet again raised an eyebrow and leaned in closer, holding a tight grip on her hands to stop her from shuffling backwards. "Just a friend?"

 

She furrowed her eyebrows a bit. "You're my very close friend. My most bestest friend!"

 

I continued inching closer and closer towards her. "Really? Do you really only think of me as a friend?"

 

Sooyun's eyes flickered a bit and I sensed her nervousness. That was something you wouldn't see very often coming  from her. I was now so close to her that our noses were practically touching. I let go of her hands and cupped her burning red face. She was holding her breath, I noticed.

 

"Well… I think of you as more than a friend, Sooyun."

 

She looked genuinely confused as she tried to work out the meaning behind my words. But before she could even utter a response, I took the forward plunge and glued her lips shut with mine. There goes my first kiss, was my first thought. But I was sure I would never regret this. Her lips were soft and sweet.

 

Sooyun stayed frozen in her spot, eyes as wide as saucers. Slowly, I moved back and took a deep breath. I stared straight into her shocked eyes.

 

"Sooyun, I like you. No, I don't just like you. I love you. I love you, Sooyun. As more than a friend, as more than family. I love you as that one special girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. You're the first girl who has ever made me feel this way. You're the first and only one. And I know, that you will be my very last."

 

 

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

"I love you… I love you… I love you…"

 

Those three words, spoken so genuinely and lovingly, continued to echo inside my head.

 

D…did Daehyun just say he loved me more than as a friend? The same way… Myungsoo-oppa said he loved me too? As that one special girl…

 

Daehyun really felt that way about me?

 

But how did I feel about this? How did I feel about him?

 

All these questions whizzed around in my head. My fingers reached up and grazed my lips, where his had been just a moment ago. He actually kissed me…

 

Eventually, I decided to ignore everything around me. I blocked out all my thoughts -- where I was, what I was doing, everything. The only thing I focused on… was my heart. What was my heart trying to tell me?

 

My eyes flitted close while I listened to my own heartbeat. It was beating… one, two, three, four, five. It was fast. It was beating fast. Faster than I could count. I couldn't even keep up with the numbers. My whole body felt warm. Warmer than on a hot summer's day. And when I thought back to Daehyun's actions from earlier, a tingling sensation whizzed through my heart. I felt giddy, sillily happy. So happy that my heart soared and I started giggling and squealing inside like a little girl.

 

Opening my eyes, I was met with a nervous Daehyun. Then I realized: he just confessed to me. And he was waiting for an answer. An answer I was sure I could fulfil his wishes with.

 

His eyes shone with hope when he saw me smile. Daehyun continued holding onto my face and I felt like he was staring deep into my soul.

 

"Daehyun-oppa," I started.

 

"N-ne?"

 

I raised my hands up to his face and cupped his cheeks, like he was doing to mine. My heart was beating erratically, faster than it had ever done so before.

 

 

"I love you too, Daehyun."

 

 

"I love you as more than a friend, as more than family. I love you as that one special guy in my heart that I never want to leave. I want to stay by your side forever, Daehyunnie, because I love you."

 

 

His frame noticeably tensed as he continued staring at me. It was like he didn't believe what he just heard come from my mouth. But it eventually got through the silly, thick head of his, because he started grinning like the big goofball he was.

 

"R-really?! Sooyun, you really love me back?! You do?!" he ranted.

 

I leaned forward and pecked his nose. "Yes, I do silly Oppa. I love you."

 

Without warning, he let go of my face and pulled me in for the biggest, warmest, most comfortable teddy bear hug in the world. I gladly hugged him back. "I've waited so long for you to finally say that to me," he confessed. While still holding me in his arms, he pulled back a little to smile at me.

 

But that smile didn't last.

 

It faltered a little before disappearing from his face altogether. All the warmth from his eyes vanished, replaced with only shock and fear.

 

"S-sooyun? Why are you-- What's happening to you?" he stuttered.

 

My eyebrows creased. "Is something happening to me?" I lifted my arm and got the shock of my life. It was transparent. And it was only becoming more and more transparent, like I was slowly disappearing from the face of the earth itself. No…

 

I stared up at Daehyun with a distressed look and he stared back apprehensively, seemingly understanding the situation. "No. You can't be. You can't be leaving!" he shouted.

 

"I… I must've completed my training… And now I have to go back--"

 

"No!" he cut in. "You're not leaving. I won't let you!" He pulled me back into the embrace and held on for dear life. It was like he didn't want to let his grip on me loosen for even a fraction of a second because if he did, then I would be gone.

 

But even if he didn't, I would still vanish.

 

"D-daehyun…" He didn't respond and buried his face into my quickly fading hair.

 

"Daehyun, Oppa," I called again. He lifted his head this time and I saw that he was in despair.

 

"Please don't leave," he pleaded. "Please Sooyun. I love you. Don't leave me." I felt tears well up, blurring my vision of his perfectly sculptured face.

 

"I'm not human, Daehyun. I'm an angel. I… don't belong in the human world. I can't stay here, even if I want to. I don't have the capacity to do so…" I slowly explained.

 

My hands reached his face again as I held his agonised gaze in place. "I'm sorry Daehyun… But I have to go back to heaven."

 

By now, my whole body was practically gone. I couldn't even feel his arms around me anymore because they went straight through my fading image. There was not much time left. It was time for me to return.

 

I gave Daehyun a final, sad smile. "Daehyunnie-oppa. I want you to always remember that I love you. I love you Daehyun, and I always will. I won't ever forget you…"

 

Leaning up towards him, my eyes fluttered close as my lips touched his before the rest of me vanished into thin air. Before I succumbed my entirety to the darkness, I caught the last few words which lingered in my mind.

 

 

"I will always love you too, Lee Sooyun."

 

 

=================================

 

 

And this penultimate chapter here brings the longest chapter I have ever written for this story. Hope you all liked it, despite the sad ending. But this is not the end yet! The next chapter is the final.

 

Welcome to the new subscribers, although the story is finishing early, but I appreciate the support. Thank you all so much ^^ I've started a new story, which I will update more often when this one has finished. 

 

Check out The Simple Things here if you're interested: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/554925/the-simple-things-romance-bap-daehyun