Blossom 19

Lotus Blossom Love

Author's P.O.V

 

"WOOOO-YEEEAAAAAHH!!!"

 

Daehyun watched on in amusement as his friends celebrated on finishing the last of the mid-year exams. This marked the end of the first term and the beginning of the long-awaited summer break. Despite that, Daehyun couldn't help but to feel slight jitters of nervousness every so often. Why, you may ask? Because today is the day. The day he would finally make his move.

 

The day he will finally confess to Sooyun.

 

Of course, this bold action of his did not come without some help and planning from his close friends -- which, also, did not come without their own fair share of magnificent reactions, nagging and insults.

 

Youngjae was the first person Daehyun told about his feelings towards Sooyun, seeing as how he seemed to know before the main character himself even realized.

 

"Finally! About time dude!" were the first words Youngjae said. "So when did it finally get through that thick skull of yours?"

 

"A-around a month a-ago… on that day I f-followed Myungsoo and Sooyun on their d-da-te…" Daehyun stuttered sheepishly.

 

His dear friend's jaw hung open at this. "A month?! A MONTH?! It took you a whole month after realizing it to finally tell me that you realized it?!" Daehyun looked away embarrassed without saying anything.

 

"And what was that I heard about you following Myungsoo and Sooyun? You? Jung Daehyun? Following a girl on their date with another guy?" Youngjae smirked. "Your situation is more serious than I expected," he laughed.

 

"Yah! Stop making fun of me and help me already!" Daehyun blurted. "This is my first time… I don't know what to do…"

 

Youngjae sighed. "Alright. You're no fun." He paused before adding with a snicker, "Sooyunnie might not like that about you," which earned himself a glare.

 

And so, he suggested that they told the others and got them to help -- or in Himchan and Zelo's case, to not interfere. As expected, Yongguk and Jongup were proud and supportive, whilst the overprotective second eldest and the maknae proved once again to be a powerful duo when it came to matters involving Sooyun. Sure, it took a hell of a long time. But in the end, the other three were successful in converting the two antis into supporters. Himchan and Zelo were still a little wary of Daehyun though.

 

"Aish, come on you two! You've known Daehyun for long enough to know that he's not the type of person to hurt another person. Especially if it comes to Sooyunnie," Yongguk had scolded.

 

After much discussion and many crazy proposals brought up by his friends (someone suggested he dress up as an angel and make a big 'divine' show of confessing to her at school), Daehyun had finally decided to take Sooyun out after school on the last day of the school term and do his thing.

 

"Why wait until then?" Youngjae had complained at the time. "It's too far away! Don't be chicken."

 

Daehyun reasoned that it was better to wait until after the exams so as to not stress out Sooyun.

 

 

Back to the current time, he, Sooyun and Youngjae were walking together to their last class before the end of the day.

 

"Sooyun-ah?" Daehyun called.

 

"Mhm?" Sooyun turned to him. "Yeah?"

 

"Remember to meet up at your locker after class ends. Then we'll go home together and change into something comfortable before heading out," he reminded, avoiding eye contact with her the whole time. Youngjae noticed and held himself from laughing.

 

"Okay! Yay, can't wait!" she chirped.

 

Daehyun just smiled to himself and gazed at her side profile. I can't wait too.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daehyun's P.O.V

 

After getting my stuff from my locker -- and received the 'good luck' and thumbs up from the other five along the way -- I headed over to Sooyun's locker, expecting to see her there waiting for me. But when I got there, she was nowhere to be seen. I furrowed my eyebrows.

 

"Where is she?" I wondered out loud. I decided to give her a call, but ended up sighing in frustration when she didn't pick up. "Where could she be?" I muttered to myself while running around the school, looking for her. I ran around the whole school and stopped to lean on the front gate of the school to catch my breath. "Aish. That pabo."

 

Then, from the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of a familiar girl. Looking closely, I saw that it was Sooyun. I felt an uncomfortable feeling erupt inside me when I realized she was with that Myungsoo. And they were walking away from the school together.

 

Where is she going? Doesn't she remember our outing? And why is she with that annoying jerk?! I felt anger at that last thought.

 

Dialling her number, I trailed behind the two as I saw her take out her phone from her bag and finally pick up my call.

 

"Yoboseyo? Daehyun-ah?" she answered.

 

"Sooyun, where are you?" I asked.

 

"Oh, sorry! Myungsoo-oppa just needed to talk to me for a bit. Don't worry, you go home first and I'll meet you there soon! Bye!" Then she hung up before I could even reply. I stared at my phone in disbelief before looking up at Sooyun putting her phone away while talking to Myungsoo.

 

Go home? And leave you alone with him? Not a chance.

 

 

Sooyun's P.O.V

 

I was packing my books from my locker to my bag when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Daehyunnie!" I called as I turned around to face the owner of that hand. My eyes widened when I realized it wasn't him. "Omo, Myungsoo-oppa!"

 

He smiled at me. "Hey, got a few minutes Sooyunnie?"

 

"Sorry Oppa," I pouted. "I was just about to--"

 

"It won't take long," he cut me off. "I just want to talk to you about something. Pleeaase, we don't get to hang out much either." Myungsoo mustered up a forlorn look.

 

I laughed at his expression. "Alrighty then, Oppa."

 

As we were walking out of school, I heard my phone ring. Uh oh, I forgot to tell Daehyun! Oops…

 

"Yoboseyo? Daehyun-ah?" I answered.

 

"Sooyun, where are you?" he asked.

 

I looked up at Myungsoo. He didn't look all that happy when I picked up my phone, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. "Oh, sorry! Myungsoo-oppa just needed to talk to me for a bit. Don't worry, you go home first and I'll meet you there soon! Bye!"

 

I hung up without waiting for his reply. That's because he doesn't really warm up to Myungsoo-oppa that much, I realized. Sorry Daehyun-ah.

 

Myungsoo-oppa finally stopped at an empty, peaceful park nearby.

 

I smiled. "It's so nice here."

 

"Yeah." He turned to face me and reached out to hold my hands. I looked up at him to find that he was staring straight into my eyes in a way that I've never seen from him before.

 

"Sooyunnie-ah," he gently called.

 

"Ne, Oppa?"

 

"You know, from the very first time I ran into you, I already knew that you were different. You weren't like any of those other girls running after me, fangirling after me, liking me for the most shallowest of reasons." His eyes softened as he continued to gaze into mine.

 

"When you talked to me, when you smiled at me, when you spent time with me, and when you called my name, you were sincere. You liked me as a person, someone you were happy being with and not because of whatever status or popularity I had. It was you. It was only you. Because you are special."

 

I could feel myself start to flush. One, from his words and two, from the never-ending soft, meaningful gaze he was giving me. But what I didn't know was why I had this bad feeling tugging at me from the back of my mind.

 

 "Sooyunnie-ah, I like you. I really like you. As more than a friend. I like you for everything you are. So Lee Sooyun-yang… will you be my girlfriend?"

 

My eyes widened in shock.

 

As much as I didn't really understand his feelings, how I didn't feel towards him the way he described to me, I felt like accepting him was not right. Like it's not the right thing to do. Like I just couldn't lie and pretend I understood and felt the same way he did, when I really didn't. Looking at his sincere expression, I felt horrible about what I was going to do. Was I going to hurt him?

 

After a long pause, I finally opened my mouth to speak. "Myungsoo-oppa… I'm…" He looked at me expectantly. "… sorry…"

 

Immediately, hurt and disappointment flashed across his eyes. He looked crushed as he stood there, probably trying to process my words and why I rejected him.

 

"I… can't… I'm really sorry Oppa…" My voice cracked as I felt tears well up in my eyes.

 

"Al..right… I… understand…" Myungsoo gave me a weak smile. "There's someone else, isn't there?" He sighed. "I already knew."

 

I looked at him confused. "Someone else?"

 

"Someone else who has already taken your heart. You can't accept anyone else except for that person…" he answered with a hint of bitterness.

 

I continued to stare at him as my mind was a blur. Someone else who has already taken my heart… that I would accept? A person I like the way Oppa likes me?

 

"Ei, I see you haven't even figured it out yourself yet, little pabo Sooyunnie," Myungsoo-oppa chuckled, but I could still see the sadness in his eyes. "Well, when you figure it out, I wish that all goes well for you. I wouldn't want anything for you but your happiness Sooyun." He smiled at me.

 

"Thank you Myungsoo-oppa," I smiled back.

 

He patted my head. "You're welcome."

 

My phone started ringing again as I fumbled inside my bag for it. "Oh! Must be Daehyun looking for me." As my hand blindly grabbed onto my phone, I tried pulling it out to find that it was caught on something. I used more force to pull it out as I heard a loud 'Snap!' and a pink bunny flew through the air, landing on the road. It was the phone charm Daehyun got me!

 

"Ah! My phone charm!" I gasped as I ran onto the road to pick it up. But as soon as my hand enclosed around the bunny, I heard a familiar voice call out.

 

"SOOYUN-AH! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

 

I looked up and felt my heart stop when I saw a car speeding right towards me. Before I could move out of the way, take a look at the owner of the voice or even scream, I felt a great impact crash into my body.

 

The last thing I could remember was a distinct voice calling out my name as he sobbed for me to stay awake. Then darkness engulfed me.

 

 

========================================

 

Hello readers! Thank you for staying with me :) Sadly, the story is coming to an end soon (I'm not sure how many more chapters) and Daehyun has yet to tell Sooyun D: 

 

Break ends for me now, but I'll try to update every week :D